Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tennis: David Goffin unhorses British knight (Read 838 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Tennis: David Goffin unhorses British knight
Dec 31st, 2016 at 1:28pm

Goffin beat Sir Andy Murray 7-6 6-4.

[url]http://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/10712272/andy-murray-beaten-in-a...[/url]

Quote:
Andy Murray started his new season with a surprise 7-6 6-4 defeat to David Goffin in the semi-finals of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi on Friday.

After losing the opening set at the year-ending exhibition event, world No 1 Murray, twice winner of the tournament, recovered to go 3-2 up in the second set.

But his Belgian opponent broke back twice and held serve to progress to the final.

Goffin will face Rafael Nadal in Saturday's final, with Murray, who lost just nine matches in his entire 2016 season, up against Milos Raonic in the third/fourth place match after the Canadian was beaten 6-1 3-6 6-3 by Nadal in the second semi-final.

The Spaniard broke Raonic on his first serve and then continued to dominate, comfortably securing the first set.

Raonic recovered in the second set, which went with serve until he broke for a 4-2 lead before he sealed it with an ace.

Rafael Nadal is through to the final in Abu Dhabi
A second victory over Nadal in Abu Dhabi was in now sight for Raonic but his experienced opponent held his nerve to break Raonic first in the third set to take a 3-1 lead, eventually closing out the match to book his place in the final.

Murray ended the year at the top of the men's rankings for the first time having won titles including Wimbledon, the Rio Olympics and the ATP World Tour Finals in London.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Re: Tennis: David Goffin unhorses British knight
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 1:30pm

Good, that disloyal Scottish twat should never have been Knighted......if he had any character he would have refused it.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print