Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A gargle a day keeps Gono away! (Read 1850 times)
Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
A gargle a day keeps Gono away!
Dec 20th, 2016 at 4:38pm

I thought some on here may be interested in this topic

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Listerine gargle every day helps slow spread of gonorrhoea, study finds

Researchers at Melbourne clinic conduct clinical trial and say mouthwash a cheap and effective control measure

Daily rinsing and gargling with a commercial brand of mouthwash could help control the spread of gonorrhoea, a study has found.

Researchers at a Melbourne clinic had noted more cases of gonorrhoea among men who had sex with men and sought to establish whether Listerine had an “inhibitory effect” against the bacteria that causes the infection.

They conducted a clinical trial involving 196 gay or bisexual men who had previously tested positive for gonorrhoea in their mouths and throat and were returning for treatment.

Of these, 58 tested positive for the bacteria in their throats on their return visits between May 2015 and February 2016.

The researchers split that group so that 33 men were randomly assigned to rinse and gargle with Listerine, and 25 did the same with a saline solution.
Analysis Mapping antibiotic resistance in real-time
As the spread of ‘super bugs’ continues, open data can be used to pinpoint areas most at risk and help healthcare providers tackle the issue
Read more

Results showed the proportion of viable gonorrhoea in the throat was 52% after rinsing and gargling with Listerine for one minute, compared with 84% among the saline solution group.

The study, published in the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections, concluded: “Our data provides preliminary evidence to support the further investigation of mouthwash as a non-condom-based control measure for gonorrhoea.

“Listerine mouthwash is a cheap, easy to use and effective agent that inhibits gonorrhoea growth and requires further careful consideration and study.”

Researchers are conducting a larger trial to confirm the results and see whether the use of mouthwash could curb the spread of gonorrhoea. They must also establish how long the apparent effects of using the mouthwash lasted.

They said it was important to find a preventive measure that did not rely on condoms to ensure antibiotic-resistant strains of Neisseria gonnorhoeae did not develop.

According to the study, the manufacturer of Listerine claimed in 1879 that it could be used to cure gonorrhoea in the pre-antibiotic era, but no published scientific studies assessed the claim.

Gonorrhoea can be easily passed between people through unprotected vaginal, oral or anal sex, as well as sharing vibrators or other sex toys that have not been washed or covered with a new condom each time they are used.

About one in 10 infected men and almost half of infected women do not experience any symptoms.

The study was carried out by researchers from the Melbourne sexual health centre, Monash University faculty of medicine and the University of Melbourne microbiological diagnostic unit public health laboratory.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/20/listerine-gargle-every-day-helps...

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: A gargle a day keeps Gono away!
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 5:19pm

Karnal says miam miam.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:49pm

You just need to drink the equivalent of 250mL of lime juice (diluted) over the period of one day. Also have another for the next day, just to make sure. Lime juice has the strength of killing off viruses in the body (even after digestion).

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:58am

Redmond Neck wrote on Dec 20th, 2016 at 4:38pm:
I thought some on here may be interested in this topic...

You need to PM denizen Gordon immediately and bring this to his attention before his nightly ravaging of the men of the Indian community in his suburb.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 7:39am

listerine is also good for soaking ones feet red..
add vinegar and water and soak for 10 min and bingo no hard skin..... so they say....

you know if someone uses listerine  mouth wash  everyday is saved from STD.

may I suggests its because they are more hygiene aware than those who dont use it.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

well makes sense to me.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 2:32am

I use tea tree oil for a foot spa. It leaves my feet looking quite healthy. My father has the most fungally feet I have seen on a person. I can't understand why he won't look after himself. I like to have a glass of diluted lime juice every fortnight. It is enough to keep cold and influenza away for much of the time. In fact, I claim that diluted lime juice will cure lots of symptoms of disease in the body.

Basically, I agree with cods. People using mouthwash every day are just people who are more likely to be body conscious and aware of their health. Sexually transmitted diseases are a little harder to get removed from one's body rather than using mouthwash. You either use medication or other home remedies that have an affect on curing a disease. Apple cider vinegar will do the trick.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print