Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
All knowledge must be based in experience. (Read 16600 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Re: All knowledge must be based in experience.
Reply #45 - May 9th, 2017 at 3:01am

Yadda wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 9:50pm:
issuevoter wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
Yadda, I don't know where you live or how old you are, but I clearly remember Australia as a monoculture. It was so dull and intellectually stultifying that anyone, who could, got f#ck out of the place as soon as they could scrape together the fare.

The food was Anglo-Australian, the worst of both worlds.

Coffee was instant, and you got weird looks if you didn't drink tea or beer. The clothes were dreadful and badly made, and you were expected to conform to the lowest common denominator, which was like being immersed in the football and horse racing crowd.

issue,

The facility of now having access to kebab shops, imo,       isn't worth the 'trade-off', in having to suffer the proximity of 'ISLAMICS'.      !!!!

Jesus Christ Yadda, you do know that kebab shops are not the the sole property of 'ISLAMICS'.    !!!!

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #46 - May 9th, 2017 at 7:48am

Raven wrote on May 9th, 2017 at 3:01am:

issue,

The facility of now having access to kebab shops, imo,       isn't worth the 'trade-off', in having to suffer the proximity of 'ISLAMICS'.      !!!!

Jesus Christ Yadda, you do know that kebab shops are not the the sole property of 'ISLAMICS'.    !!!!

Really !

You are joshing me, right ?

Coz i honestly thought that all of the kebab shops in Australia, were owned by either Mustafa or Abdulla.

Tongue

ISLAMIC LAW TEXT....
"Ibn 'Umar related that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said, "I have been ordered to kill the people until they testify that there is no god except Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay the zakah. If they do that, their blood and wealth are protected from me save by the rights of Islam. Their reckoning will be with Allah." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.) "
fiqhussunnah/fus1_06

IMAGE...

'But that is their culture.
.....I have no right to judge them.'

Q.
In a 'cosmopolitan world',             should every culture we 'encounter' really be inviolate,          and free from all moral scrutiny ?

IMAGE...

"Behead those who insult ISLAM"

Islamic street protest - IN AUSTRALIA - on the streets of Sydney from Hyde Park to George Streets, September 15, 2012.

n.b.   .....NOT WORSHIPING ALLAH, IS 'INSULTING' ISLAM.     .....SO OFF WITH YOUR HEAD !

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #47 - May 9th, 2017 at 1:07pm

issuevoter wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
Yadda, I don't know where you live or how old you are, but I clearly remember Australia as a monoculture. It was so dull and intellectually stultifying that anyone, who could, got f#ck out of the place as soon as they could scrape together the fare.

The food was Anglo-Australian, the worst of both worlds.

Coffee was instant, and you got weird looks if you didn't drink tea or beer. The clothes were dreadful and badly made, and you were expected to conform to the lowest common denominator, which was like being immersed in the football and horse racing crowd.

issue,

If you think the only value added to Australian society in 50 years is kabab shops, you are the cretinous low-brow I mentioned once before.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #48 - May 12th, 2017 at 4:29am

Nom de Plume wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 10:12am:
This is all deliciously 'off topic' and I am responding only because your enthusiasm is infectious; and the fact that I may still bring this discussion back on topic. Let's see...

On the matter of the subconscious, I don't know what it is beyond its Freudian interpretation which aims at distinguishing between two different states of  unconsciousness.

Dare I say that Freud, like his pupil Jung, were mystics rather than Psychiatrists, with medical backgrounds.

On the matter of the 'master/ servant' analogy referencing the interrelationship between mind and body, I confess, I do not know! It is certainly appealing, at least to me. However, greater thinkers, such as Daniel Dennett, argue that the whole idea of there being a mind, in and of itself, is an illusion, created by the brain.

Possibly there is evidence to support Dennett. Latest research in Neurology has shown the existence in rats of a super-sized neuron found at the base of the brain, linking all parts of the brain...

PART 2 TO FOLLOW

Jung was definitely a mystic. Freud was probably more of a naturalist. However, he does use Ancient Greek terms, such as Eros and Thanatos, to describe human drives, which were mystical in Ancient Greece. Despite that, Freud does try to explain the psyche through experience/self reflection. 

IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #49 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 3:48pm

Yadda wrote on Dec 18th, 2016 at 1:37pm:
All knowledge must be based in experience.

All knowledge is known, its only the individual's ability to remember it.

Priory Knowledge.

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #50 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 9:29pm

Justsayno wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 3:48pm:
Yadda wrote on Dec 18th, 2016 at 1:37pm:
All knowledge must be based in experience.

All knowledge is known, its only the individual's ability to remember it.

Priory Knowledge.

Well . . . if it wasn't known, it would not be knowledge. But if you are going to try to get all mystical about it, I would file it under C for crap.

If you mean Prior(i) knowledge, that's way too vague.

http://www.importanceofphilosophy.com/Irrational_APriori.html

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Knowledge isn't specifically dependent on 'Language' (Politics).
People pass knowledge through 'visual' expression like Art too (hence cave paintings ages ago).
And if knowledge can be passed through Art & Politics (visualisation & language)...
...then knowledge can be passed in other ways.

Like the visualisation of 'words on paper'.
Like the sound/audio of Song and Music.
I'm sure there is more.

Personally though, I think Yadda needs to go to the Religion office. Preaching (a religion) is not 'Philosophically' enhancing oneself.

I've never relied on old Greek, Euro philosophers for starters.
For one thing, their 'Northern Hemisphere' style just doesn't 'relate' to my existence down here in Australia.

But hey, that's why I can 'think-ambidextrously' and come up with the saying:
"I may be 'down under' (in comparison to UK/USA),
but I am also - 'a day ahead' of them"
Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Nom de Plume
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:24am

When we discuss "knowledge", what do we mean?

I'm inclined to think it's subjective.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #53 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:57am

When we say that we have 'self-awareness', what does that mean ?

What is, 'self-awareness' ?

e.g.
When i look at my body, i don't strongly 'identify' with it.

I know that, yes, i need this body, to continue to exist here, but my 'body', is not, what i am.

When i lift up both of my hands, in front of my face, and examine them, yes, they are 'my hands', but i don't strongly identify with them.

My hands, are merely 'material' objects [a part of my physical being] which exist within this endless environ, which move, to obey my will.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Nom de Plume
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 12:54pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:57am:

e.g.

I know that, yes, i need this body, to continue to exist here, but my 'body', is not, what i am.

When i lift up both of my hands, in front of my face, and examine them, yes, they are 'my hands', but i don't strongly identify with them.

My hands, are merely 'material' objects [a part of my physical being] which exist within this endless environ, which move, to obey my will.

Your hands are an extention of your brain. Damage to the brain and your hands may be not so co-operative.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:49pm

And the European nations ate from the Tree of Knowledge known as Religion from the Middle-East and called it Christianity.
For Judaism was themed on Asia, by a people who racially related to Africa - in the Middle-East.
For Mohommedism was themed on Africa, by a people who racially related to Asia - in the Middle-East.

Three Monotheisms of the Middle-East themed on the three other Old Worlds: Africa, Europe, Asia.

...so Europe ate from the Tree of Knowledge (Religion) and came to know 'Life & Death'.

But now the European nations see the 'Tree of Life' via the New Worlds of North America, Sahul, South America & Oceania.
Will they eat from the Tree of Life - and live FOREVER?
Germany renounced doing so and by doing so, also renounced Religion and now they 'live forever' in Europe.
Soon France will have to make the choice.
Then Italy also.

(The Moslems will do to the French,
what the Germans did to the Jews.
Then the Italians will genocide the Moslems and the Jews will genocide the Italians in aid of the Moslems.
Germany, France, Italy renounce Religion.
Islam & Israel 'unite' as Istari (IstarI: the Star between the Pillars) )

But then you have Britain.
Who ate from the Tree of Life in the New Worlds
and lives forever there ...but no longer in Europe  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #56 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:58pm

e.g.

You understand your impact on others and in the world, I suppose!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #57 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:44pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:58pm:

e.g.

You understand your impact on others and in the world, I suppose!

LOL

My impact on others ?

AnotherJourneyByTrain,

As an individual 'making my way' in this world, and 'making my way' through this, my life,
i am responsible for my own choices.

Do i have an 'impact on others and in the world' ?

Perhaps.

But, i thank God,       that i am not responsible [my God will not hold me responsible] for the choices which they are making.

AnotherJourneyByTrain,

Q.
Don't you believe, that those 'others' whom we meet,
have a responsibility,      THEMSELVES,     for their own choices ?

IP Logged

Nom de Plume
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 9:01am

Nom de Plume wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 12:54pm:

e.g.

Your hands are an extention of your brain. Damage to the brain and your hands may be not so co-operative.

I should also add, that your spinal cord is included as part of the brain.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #59 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:15am

e.g.

That is incorrect
Your physical body has a massive effect on your personality and who you are.
Hormones are the most obvious outside influence on your personality and behavior.
Drugs both illicit and legal also have an effect.
Perhaps the most crucial evidence is what happens to people with a brain injury. They can have massive changes in personality and can become strangers to loved ones.

I believe that this is evidence that there is no such thing as a spirit or soul. We are irretrievably tied to our physical bodies because without it, we would be completely different people

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print