Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Gerald Fredrick Töben - jailed for his opinion (Read 88851 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Gerald Fredrick Töben - jailed for his opinion
Reply #45 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:49pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:38pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 10:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 10:13pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 10:03pm:
Why would you gaol a loon? A Jewish loon at that. The man has a right to say he doesn't believe history. We don't gaol IITL for moon-landing denial, we see him for what he is.

I have no idea as to Toben's religion.  As for gaoling a loon, it is obvious he has shown repeated contempt for the court, as the court is limited in the punishments it can hand out, gaoling is one that would teach him a lesson?    Roll Eyes

Jewish is both a people and a religion. Toben is a Jewish name.

Who cares?  He was found to be in contempt of a court decision which was held against him.  He suffered the correct penalty according to the court.  If he had not been so contemptuous of the court, he wouldn't have been imprisoned.  QED.   Roll Eyes

A law should not be in place that tells you what you should think and talk about.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:51pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:49pm:
Why would you gaol a loon? A Jewish loon at that. The man has a right to say he doesn't believe history. We don't gaol IITL for moon-landing denial, we see him for what he is.

I have no idea as to Toben's religion.  As for gaoling a loon, it is obvious he has shown repeated contempt for the court, as the court is limited in the punishments it can hand out, gaoling is one that would teach him a lesson?    Roll Eyes

Who cares?  He was found to be in contempt of a court decision which was held against him.  He suffered the correct penalty according to the court.  If he had not been so contemptuous of the court, he wouldn't have been imprisoned.  QED.   Roll Eyes

A law should not be in place that tells you what you should think and talk about.

.....and yet, blokes are being jailed in Australia for doing exactly that.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #47 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:53pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:51pm:

Yes for the equivalent of blasphemy.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:56pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:53pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:51pm:

Yes for the equivalent of blasphemy.

No.  If you and I have a discussion about planning a terrorist act............??????

Wink

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #49 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:58pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:56pm:
No.  If you and I have a discussion about planning a terrorist act............??????

Wink

You'll have to give me more info, times, places, names...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 12:13am

Setanta wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:58pm:

Wink

This is what you said:

Quote:

Yeas....and do you 'get' the point that even in Australia, no-one is free to discuss/plan what they like because Laws impose limits.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #51 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 12:47am

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 12:13am:
Setanta wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:58pm:

Wink

This is what you said:

Quote:

Yeas....and do you 'get' the point that even in Australia, no-one is free to discuss/plan what they like because Laws impose limits.

Those limits I mentioned before?

Edit: I'm off but I'll say limits should be there to protect people from harm, not hurt feelings.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2016 at 12:54am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #52 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:21am

Aussie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 10:11pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 9:53pm:
Here's an analogy you might prefer.  As a GMod, you warn a Member not to do something.  Said Member defies you.  You ban.

Why did you ban?  Who initiated the ban?

Setanta?

Aussie this would have to be the stupidest analogy you could have come up with. Said member would be banned for doing whatever it is they did to defy the mods - analogous to Toben denying the holocaust.

To bring it home for you, suppose we implemented a rule against denying the holocaust. A person denied the holocaust. We told them to stop. They defied us, and continued denying the holocaust. Would you seriously argue that said member was not banned for denying the holocaust? Or would common sense kick in? Think before answering.

No matter how desperately you wanted to support the ban on holocaust denial by pretending it was not the cause of the ban, no amount of BS would separate the outcome from the cause. You have your blinkers on Aussie, but that doesn't make everyone else equally blind.

Quote:
Oh!  More moving of the goal posts!

I've given you links to the core cases, freediver.   You cannot manipulate them.

I am still asking your opinion, just like before. You are still afraid to offer your opinion, just like before. Are you afraid to think for yourself Aussie, in case you prove yourself wrong? What do you think caused the court order? Last time you produced evidence, it turned out that it directly supported what I was saying on the matter. No wonder you will not even quote your own evidence now. You would have to read it first, and even worse, understand what it is saying.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:30am by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:49am

what was he jailed for FD?

not the imaginary reason, but the reason stated in the court files?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:56am

freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:21am:
Aussie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 10:11pm:
Aussie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 9:53pm:
Here's an analogy you might prefer.  As a GMod, you warn a Member not to do something.  Said Member defies you.  You ban.

Why did you ban?  Who initiated the ban?

Setanta?

Aussie this would have to be the stupidest analogy you could have come up with. Said member would be banned for doing whatever it is they did to defy the mods - analogous to Toben denying the holocaust.

To bring it home for you, suppose we implemented a rule against denying the holocaust. A person denied the holocaust. We told them to stop. They defied us, and continued denying the holocaust. Would you seriously argue that said member was not banned for denying the holocaust? Or would common sense kick in? Think before answering.

No matter how desperately you wanted to support the ban on holocaust denial by pretending it was not the cause of the ban, no amount of BS would separate the outcome from the cause. You have your blinkers on Aussie, but that doesn't make everyone else equally blind.

Quote:
Oh!  More moving of the goal posts!

I've given you links to the core cases, freediver.   You cannot manipulate them.

I am still asking your opinion, just like before. You are still afraid to offer your opinion, just like before. Are you afraid to think for yourself Aussie, in case you prove yourself wrong? What do you think caused the court order? Last time you produced evidence, it turned out that it directly supported what I was saying on the matter. No wonder you will not even quote your own evidence now. You would have to read it first, and even worse, understand what it is saying.

Try not to be a smart arse FD, you are not very good at it.  What you are very good at is conflating what I say, so I not going to answer your question yet again and I'll simply refer you to the links I have posted.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #55 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 11:24am

He should at least be locked up for stupidity.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 11:30am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 11:24am:
Most of the world would be in the can. Peeca would be on death row.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 12:13pm

And there isnt. Tobin was jailed for contempt of court. I had the displeasure many years ago to communicate with him and felt dirty ever since.

He has his right to an opinion. He does not have the right to disagree with a court and get away with it. And he didnt.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 12:18pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 11:30am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 11:24am:
Most of the world would be in the can. Peeca would be on death row.

And Hillary would be PResident-elect having won every college vote. After all, post-election investigations have only uncovered 4 people with an IQ above 100 that voted for Trump.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #59 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 1:03pm

Interesting discussion. Interesting mainly because I think Aussie has proven himself the best at "out-FDing" FD. Its good how once in a while FD gets a taste of how annoying his style of debating can be. If anyone's interested in a sample - here's FD attempting to argue how a pro-democracy rally must really be anti-democracy. From about half way down page 6 onwards:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1390857768.

Its uncanny how similar Aussie and FD actually are.

Also this is a stupid semantic argument. You are both right, and both wrong. He was gaoled for contempt of court because he refused to desist from denying the holocaust. Its not one or the other, its both. Semantically, 'contempt of court' can be cited as the "real" reason without attributing any blame to his original act (denying the holocaust), but it doesn't pass the common sense test. Similarly, it is wrong to say he was only gaoled for the act of denying the holocaust without acknowledging contempt of court in and of itself a sufficient reason for incarceration (irrespective of the origin of the contempt).

Its just silly semantics, and everyone should all just settle for "he was gaoled for contempt of court - which came about because of his refusal to desist from denying the holocaust". Since while ever FD insists on leaving out 'contempt of court' in his interpretation of the reason he was gaoled, Aussie will simply cite the court transcript referring to the contempt - ad infinitum till the cows come home.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Send Topic Print