Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
If freedom of speech means anything, it means... (Read 20006 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: If freedom of speech means anything, it means...
Reply #105 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 6:53am

For FD:

Quote:
The result to day is that if there's 1.5 billion muslims, half are men 750 million inbred low intellect muslim men all squatting down to urinate, murdering people to emulate muhammad

Hadn't seen that one? Fair enough, I've only reposted  it about 20 times.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #106 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 9:04am

freediver wrote on Dec 19th, 2016 at 8:03pm:
He described Muslim men as 100% of "the entire muslim population"? Can women be Muslims Gandalf? Please post his calculation.

you misread FD - he describes 100% of muslim men as inbred/retarded. Do you think this is possible without 100% of muslim women also being inbred/retarded? Hint: common sense is allowed here.

freediver wrote on Dec 19th, 2016 at 8:03pm:
You agree that the high rate of inbreeding among the worlds Muslism causes intellectual retardation, right? I am pretty sure you have said so, when you weren't going apopleptic and calling it racism.

Just when you thought FD's argument couldn't get any dumber...

there is some evidence to suggest that inbreeding leads to low intellect - its certainly not conclusive, but there is some evidence. And additionally, we know that consanguinity rates are higher in the middle east.

But FD, even if you agree with that premise, do you think its reasonable to then go on to say that 100% of muslim men (750 million) are of low intellect? It would have to be based on the premise that 100% of muslims are inbred - correct? Who has said that? No one except moses. Your inbred/caliphate map show higher rates of inbreeding in muslim nations - but certainly nowhere near 100% - obviously. Actually I can't believe you even used the facts about inbreeding in the middle east to try and apologise for moses' bigotry. Have you decided if its bigotry yet? Don't want to say?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #107 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 11:45am

Quote:
you misread FD - he describes 100% of muslim men as inbred/retarded. Do you think this is possible without 100% of muslim women also being inbred/retarded? Hint: common sense is allowed here.

Males are far more prone to mental retardation than females Gandalf. Also, males tend to have more of a choice in the matter.

Quote:
Actually I can't believe you even used the facts about inbreeding in the middle east to try and apologise for moses' bigotry.

I am trying to explain that it is not racism. You are the one trying to negotiate the sentence down to bigotry, now that you (hopefully) accept you were wrong to "interpret" Moses's posts the way you did.

Quote:
It would have to be based on the premise that 100% of muslims are inbred - correct?

Is this like when you said all Islamophobia is based on racism because it is the only rational explanation for the irrational view? Don't ask me to explain what Moses' reasoning is after your spectacular failures at "interpreting" it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 12:08pm

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2016 at 11:45am:
Quote:

Males are far more prone to mental retardation than females Gandalf. Also, males tend to have more of a choice in the matter.

Quote:
Actually I can't believe you even used the facts about inbreeding in the middle east to try and apologise for moses' bigotry.

I am trying to explain that it is not racism.

And by doing so, you've shown exactly how it is racism.

Sorry, FD, wacism.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #109 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 8:20am

Males are far more prone to mental retardation than females Gandalf.

Ah yes, I'm positive thats what moses meant.

I am trying to explain that it is not racism.

No FD, we've moved on from that a long time ago. I've accepted that you don't believe its racism and moved on. Agree to disagree remember? I even started a new thread so we can continue the "its racism/its not racism" argument there. Now we're on to deconstructing your brave efforts to rationalise Moses' outrageous and wholly unscientific statement - with gems like this:

Quote:
You agree that the high rate of inbreeding among the worlds Muslism causes intellectual retardation, right? I am pretty sure you have said so, when you weren't going apopleptic and calling it racism.

Interesting that you now bring science into the debate as an excuse not to call moses' claim for the rubbish it is. Would you mind confirming with us that you think moses' statement about "750 million males" being intellectually retarded because of inbreeding stacks up scientifically? If not, why on earth would you bring it up in this context?

Don't ask me to explain what Moses' reasoning is after your spectacular failures at "interpreting" it.

Oh but you have explained moses' reasoning FD - you justified it by referring to the scientific evidence that 1. inbreeding causes mental retardation and 2. males are more prone to mental retardation. Therefore moses' statement that 100% of the male muslim population is mentally retarded - is justified.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 12:07pm

Now why didn't FD just say that in the first place?

FD, it would make things much easier if you just said what you think. We won't bite, you know.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #111 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 5:18am

Quote:
Ah yes, I'm positive thats what moses meant.

You have no clue what he meant. You are too busy putting words in his mouth to find out.

Quote:
No FD, we've moved on from that a long time ago. I've accepted that you don't believe its racism and moved on.

Do you still think it is racism?

Quote:
Agree to disagree remember?

I do not recall any such agreement.

Quote:
Now we're on to deconstructing your brave efforts to rationalise Moses' outrageous and wholly unscientific statement - with gems like this:

Are you attempting to assign motive to my words in an effort to avoid acknowledging their truth?

Quote:
Interesting that you now bring science into the debate as an excuse not to call moses' claim for the rubbish it is. Would you mind confirming with us that you think moses' statement about "750 million males" being intellectually retarded because of inbreeding stacks up scientifically? If not, why on earth would you bring it up in this context?

To highlight that your disagreement with Moses is merely one of extent (and that you were wrong to "interpret" it as racism by lying about what he said).

Quote:
Oh but you have explained moses' reasoning FD

No Gandalf, I have been explaining my own. I do not speak for Moses. I'll leave that to you, and your "interpretation".

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 8:13am

FD, if you don't mind me saying, you've gone to incredible lengths to avoid explaining your own.

But if you'd like to explain your own view on the matter, will you allow me to put a question to you?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #113 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 6:58pm

freediver wrote on Dec 25th, 2016 at 5:18am:
You have no clue what he meant. You are too busy putting words in his mouth to find out.

Tell me FD, is this putting words into moses' mouth - when you apologised for his claim that 100% of male muslims are inbred/retarded:?

Do you think this is what moses meant when he described 100% of the male muslim population as retarded due to inbreeding - that it only applied to the males and not the females because of the "scientific" reasoning you put forward?

freediver wrote on Dec 25th, 2016 at 5:18am:
Are you attempting to assign motive to my words in an effort to avoid acknowledging their truth?

Oh I think I have a fair idea of the "truth" here FD - namely that saying 100% of the entire male muslim population are not inbred/mentally retarded is complete nonsense. I also consider this racism of the most blatant kind.

You on the other hand seem to think that moses is on to something "scientifically", and that the only thing wrong with his comment is a minor detail regarding "extent". And thats why you spinelessly apologise for it by strawmaning me with the old "downplaying the real dangers of inbreeding" ruse, and pull out every trick in the book to avoid calling it out for the inflammatory bigotry (even if you insist its not racist) that it is.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 11:31pm

But of course. FD agrees with it. All of it.

Come now, G, what did you think FD's "sustainability" thing was about?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #115 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 8:29am

Quote:
Do you think this is what moses meant when he described 100% of the male muslim population as retarded due to inbreeding - that it only applied to the males and not the females because of the "scientific" reasoning you put forward?

Like I said, if you want to know what he meant, take a break from inventing reasons why it is racist and ask him.

Quote:
Oh I think I have a fair idea of the "truth" here FD - namely that saying 100% of the entire male muslim population are not inbred/mentally retarded is complete nonsense. I also consider this racism of the most blatant kind.

Racism normally involves a reference to race, like the ones you made up and attributed to him. Would you like to try arguing it is racist without making anything up?

Quote:
You on the other hand seem to think that moses is on to something "scientifically"

What I think is simply what I say - that it is not racist.

Quote:
and that the only thing wrong with his comment is a minor detail regarding "extent"

If he changed the percentage, you would actually agree with him, so yes that is correct.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #116 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 2:53pm

freediver wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 8:29am:
Racism normally involves a reference to race, like the ones you made up and attributed to him. Would you like to try arguing it is racist without making anything up?

Sure. Its racist because he is denigrating, through homogenisation, an entire group based on cultural and religious attributes. Like I've always said, racism has little to do with your thoroughly debunked 19th century notions of "race", which you twist yourself into knots trying to explain (FD: "the asian race" lol). The fact that he goes further than most racists and adds the genetic element to it just makes it that much more blatant.

Racism normally involves a reference to race

Good point FD - now try and explain to me what a "race" is. Oh thats right you can't. You come up with gems like "the asian race". As I've already explained, "race" is arbitrary and wholly unscientific. We know that the traditional view of humans being categorised into neat little genetic "racial groups" is nonsense. It literally comes down to ignorant bigots loooking at people with black skin, or slanty eyes and saying "you are a race because you look the same". But it bears no relationship to actual genetic categorisations. It is, as I say, completely arbitrary and based on non-scientific nonsense. Therefore, if its acceptable for 'racism' to be based on one type of arbitrary attempt at human categorisation, why can't it be based on another type of arbitrary categorisation - say like "all muslims", or "all those guys who must be inbred"?

Like I said, if you want to know what he meant, take a break from inventing reasons why it is racist and ask him

Do you think we need to ask him about his comment before we can understand whether its bigoted or inflammatory? Don't worry FD, I'm expecting you to dodge that one once again.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #117 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 8:54am

Quote:
Sure. Its racist because he is denigrating, through homogenisation, an entire group based on cultural and religious attributes.

So, not race?

Quote:
Like I've always said, racism has little to do with your thoroughly debunked 19th century notions of "race"

Racism still exists even if you don't think races do Gandalf. It doesn't mean you can cry wacism every time someone says something mean just because you think it has lost the original meaning.

Quote:
Therefore, if its acceptable for 'racism' to be based on one type of arbitrary attempt at human categorisation, why can't it be based on another type of arbitrary categorisation - say like "all muslims", or "all those guys who must be inbred"?

Welcome to the English language Gandalf. Words have meaning. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

Quote:
Do you think we need to ask him about his comment before we can understand whether its bigoted or inflammatory?

I have no doubt it gets you all inflamed Gandalf. Still not racism.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 11:43am

That's right, G. It's sexism.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #119 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 7:49pm

freediver wrote on Dec 30th, 2016 at 8:54am:
Racism still exists even if you don't think races do Gandalf.

So what is 'racism' then FD? What are the allowed parameters?

freediver wrote on Dec 30th, 2016 at 8:54am:
Welcome to the English language Gandalf. Words have meaning.

Excellent point FD. For example, 'anti-semite' is a term that is restricted to being anti-jew, even though a 'semite' refers to all people who speak a semitic language, of which jews are just one. Welcome to the English language innit

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print