Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Send Topic Print
One for all the Abo bashers. (Read 21191 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: One for all the Abo bashers.
Reply #15 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:36pm

And another thing- the cop was acquitted of all charges. The enquiry found that the aboriginal guy fell down a step or was accidently hurt while resisting arrest. He had been drinking metho and couldn't hardly walk. The riot was misguided from the start.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:37pm

Unforgiven wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:33pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:17pm:
Real Australians would never applaud a rioter.

They applaud Eureka stockade which was an armed insurgency by British settlers.
They were British subjects back then nincompoop.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #17 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:37pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:36pm:
And another thing- the cop was acquitted of all charges. The enquiry found that the aboriginal guy fell down a step or was accidently hurt while resisting arrest. He had been drinking metho and couldn't hardly walk. The riot was misguided from the start.

The judicial system is corrupt.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:38pm

Unforgiven wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:37pm:

Obviously, giving 200 grand to a crimo who burnt an innocent cops house down.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #19 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:41pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:38pm:

Queensland cops are not innocent and have the worst reputation of police in Australia.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:44pm

Unforgiven wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:41pm:

Queensland cops are not innocent and have the worst reputation of police in Australia.
The inquiry found the injuries sustained by the aboriginal guy were caused by himself or accidently. The whole case is based on the fact that the cops didn't check on him enough in his cell to see if he was alright (failed in their duty of care) . But they were acquitted of that also. They aren't doctors. I still can't for the life of me work out why a rioter gets 200 grand????? Huh

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #21 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:54pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:44pm:

The inquiry found the injuries sustained by the aboriginal guy were caused by himself or accidently. The whole case is based on the fact that the cops didn't check on him enough in his cell to see if he was alright (failed in their duty of care) . But they were acquitted of that also. They aren't doctors. I still can't for the life of me work out why a rioter gets 200 grand????? Huh

Like the black woman who was blinded in one eye by a Queensland cop using a taser without cause.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:55pm

Unforgiven wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:54pm:

Like the black woman who was blinded in one eye by a Queensland cop using a taser without cause.
We are talking about Palm Island riot. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:58pm

If you bothered to read the link I posted you would have seen this, which explains it clearly enough:

Quote:
In a trial that began last year, Mr Wotton claimed the islanders had been racially discriminated against during and after the unrest.

He argued police had contravened section 9(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) in investigating Mr Doomadgee's death, managing community concerns, and responding to the protests.

Mr Wotton claimed police had conducted themselves differently because they were dealing with an Aboriginal community.

Federal Court Justice Debbie Mortimer found the Queensland Police Service's failure to suspend Senior Sergeant Chris Hurley after Mr Doomadgee's death was unlawful discrimination.

She said Senior Sergeant Hurley should have realised "it was inappropriate in the extreme" to remain on the island after Mr Doomadgee's death, let alone on active duty, or fraternise with other officers who had been sent to investigate the death.

"I am comfortably satisfied Senior Sergeant Hurley would not have behaved as he did, ignoring the obvious community frustration and sense of injustice that existed, if these events had occurred in a small town in rural Queensland with a predominantly non-Aboriginal population," she found.

Hurley and his Bosses and mates are arseholes. 

Hurley has just been convicted of a criminal offence in his dealings with a citizen during an arrest....and even now, in the face of that fact, his Police Union mates are supporting the prick.

Hurley should have been cashiered decades ago.  He's a bad egg.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:02pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:58pm:

If you bothered to read the link I posted you would have seen this, which explains it clearly enough:

Quote:
In a trial that began last year, Mr Wotton claimed the islanders had been racially discriminated against during and after the unrest.

He argued police had contravened section 9(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) in investigating Mr Doomadgee's death, managing community concerns, and responding to the protests.

Mr Wotton claimed police had conducted themselves differently because they were dealing with an Aboriginal community.

Federal Court Justice Debbie Mortimer found the Queensland Police Service's failure to suspend Senior Sergeant Chris Hurley after Mr Doomadgee's death was unlawful discrimination.

She said Senior Sergeant Hurley should have realised "it was inappropriate in the extreme" to remain on the island after Mr Doomadgee's death, let alone on active duty, or fraternise with other officers who had been sent to investigate the death.

"I am comfortably satisfied Senior Sergeant Hurley would not have behaved as he did, ignoring the obvious community frustration and sense of injustice that existed, if these events had occurred in a small town in rural Queensland with a predominantly non-Aboriginal population," she found.

Hurley and his Bosses and mates are arseholes. 

Hurley has just been convicted of a criminal offence in his dealings with a citizen during an arrest....and even now, in the face of that fact, his Police Union mates are supporting the prick.

Hurley should have been cashiered decades ago.  He's a bad egg.
I read the article and I'm still unclear. How could the cops liaison with a community who were about to murder them and run riot caused by your mate???You respect the compensation claim in one breath and crap on the other verdict. WTF!! Do you respect the judicial system or not?  The cop didn't do anything!!!! He's still a cop.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:17pm

Quote:
I read the article and I'm still unclear. How could the cops liaison with a community who were about to murder them and run riot caused by your mate???

According to the Decision, first step is to get the then alleged killer off the Island, yeas.  Keeping him there, front and centre, was a one of the provocations for the riot.

Quote:
You respect the compensation claim in one breath and crap on the other verdict. WTF!! Do you respect the judicial system or not?  The cop didn't do anything!!!!

He, as an alleged killer, stayed on the Island, and his stupid dumbarse Bosses allowed it. 

Quote:
He's still a cop.

Not for long, now.  He is retiring 'on medical grounds' but convicted as a thug in uniform.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:24pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:17pm:
Quote:
I read the article and I'm still unclear. How could the cops liaison with a community who were about to murder them and run riot caused by your mate???

According to the Decision, first step is to get the then alleged killer off the Island, yeas.  Keeping him there, front and centre, was a one of the provocations for the riot.

Quote:
You respect the compensation claim in one breath and crap on the other verdict. WTF!! Do you respect the judicial system or not?  The cop didn't do anything!!!!

He, as an alleged killer, stayed on the Island, and his stupid dumbarse Bosses allowed it. 

Quote:
He's still a cop.

Not for long, now.  He is retiring 'on medical grounds' but convicted as a thug in uniform.
So the rioter got 200 grand because the Queensland police didn't take the cop off the island (even though he didn't do anything wrong) and that caused the riot????? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:28pm

Quote:
So the rioter got 200 grand because the Queensland police didn't take the cop off the island (even though he didn't do anything wrong) and that caused the riot????? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeas....and other similar factors came into account.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:29pm

I agree with the police spokesman in the last part of the article-

But the president of the Queensland Police Union, Ian Leavers, said he disagreed with the court's ruling, and the police response was "appropriate in the circumstances".

"Police who serve in Indigenous communities are not racist, and purely because of someone's Aboriginality do not treat anyone differently," he said.

"The only people who deserve an apology are the police officers who were in the police station whilst it was being burnt down."

bravo!!!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:30pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:28pm:
Quote:

Yeas....and other similar factors came into account.
Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided What were they?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Send Topic Print