Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Religion: force for good or evil? (Read 7892 times)
Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Religion: force for good or evil?
Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:41am

I was raised a heathen.

I send my son to a private Anglican school. Not for the religion, but because it provides a solid education.

Personally, I am an agnostic. And I have no problem with spiritual people - those that march to the beat of their own drum that is, and don't follow a religion.

I have an American friend who was raised a Mormon. He still believes in God, but he doesn't do religion. He doesn't bash religion either - he says there are lots of people living clean lives in Utah as a result of their faith. Fair point.

But I just can't swallow religion. Ridiculous things written in ridiculous old books by ridiculous old men. I don't think God has endorsed Donald Trump, and I sure as poo don't think some sky pixie is looking after me. But if there is a real God, he would have let my atheist grandfather into heaven. Of that I am sure.

In your view, is religion a force for good or evil? I urr on the side of evil.

If there is a God, I suspect She's mighty pissed off at what's been done in her name.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: Religion: force for good or evil?
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:28am

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:41am:
I was raised a heathen.

I send my son to a private Anglican school. Not for the religion, but because it provides a solid education.

Personally, I am an agnostic. And I have no problem with spiritual people - those that march to the beat of their own drum that is, and don't follow a religion.

I have an American friend who was raised a Mormon. He still believes in God, but he doesn't do religion. He doesn't bash religion either - he says there are lots of people living clean lives in Utah as a result of their faith. Fair point.

But is it a 'fair point'?

How many of them would be living 'clean lives' without 'The Lorrrrd'? Look at Maid Marla - clean living, no potty-mouth, respectful of her elders and betters, politically neutral, a real charmer ... and not a religious bone to her youthful body.

But I just can't swallow religion. Ridiculous things written in ridiculous old books by ridiculous old men.

Take it easy on the 'old men' bit.

I don't think God has endorsed Donald Trump, and I sure as poo don't think some sky pixie is looking after me. But if there is a real God, he would have let my atheist grandfather into heaven. Of that I am sure.

If there is a God, I suspect She's mighty pissed off at what's been done in her name.

Heavy stuff.

'Is religion a force for good or evil?' is a vexed question. It's like getting 10 psychiatrists together to give an analysis of a patient - with them not only giving different answers, but in every case getting it wrong. (It was a very interesting and revealing documentary series from the UK that was very quickly cut short because it was embarrassing the psychiatric profession).

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:34am

I was raised a heathen.

But I just can't swallow religion. Ridiculous things written in ridiculous old books by ridiculous old men. I don't think God has endorsed Donald Trump, and I sure as poo don't think some sky pixie is looking after me. But if there is a real God, he would have let my atheist grandfather into heaven. Of that I am sure.

Religion does not mean God, it means way of life. For example: I am religious about my Bloody Mary on Sunday morning.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:48am

I am sure there are three answers and I'm sure that one of them will be insisted upon by it's proponents as the only one that should be held and the only one that should be taught to the young.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:41am

It all depends on how one approaches it.

For some religion is a crucial part in their lives, they look to God to help them get by.

For others it is a security blanket that they use to try and hide their fears and insecurities.

Some use it as a mask to hide behind and

Some use it to excuse abhorrent behavior.

I am a believer, but I also believe that God does not truly want us to devote our lives to an intangible, but to live well, just and honestly, treat people fairly and with love.

It is said, All things in moderation this includes religion.
Sure believe, and be honest in your belief, but do not be obsessive.

Above all, we must remember that ALL holy books be it the Bible, Koran or Tora were all written by MEN.

Men who are imperfect and prone to misunderstanding, and above all, caught in a time and place where things differ greatly from today.

These books have some truth in them (God influence) but are also open to interpretation.
We should live our lives as our morals dictate, that little voice in our heads (Gods) that reminds us. "That's not right."

If we follow this simple rule, the world would be a better, nicer place.

Peace to all and Merry Xmas

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:56am

Valkie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:41am:
I am a believer, but I also believe that God does not truly want us to devote our lives to an intangible, but to live well, just and honestly, treat people fairly and with love.

tsk  Roll Eyes Dear o dear ...

How does this stack up to a 'god' that creates a planet in which life for gazillions of creatures over billions of years - and which have pain-sensitive receptors and an ability to feel gut-wrenching terror - survive by hunting down other life-forms for the purpose of terrorising, killing and eating them, or being their victims?

A planet in which all the creatures are vegetarians : okay, no moral problem there, but a planet that is red in tooth and claw' and for eons has had the air rent with the screams of terror, pain, and death by gazillions of life forms - is no god of mine, but a rank arsehole in anybody's terms.

If god was on trial in a People's Court for crimes against humanity and the mistreatment of animals over the past gazillion years, he'd need a damned good defence counsel to be saved from a slow death instead of a quick one.

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:06am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:02am

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:56am:

tsk  Roll Eyes Dear o dear ...

How does this stack up to a 'god' that creates a planet in which life for gazillions of creatures over billions of years - and which have pain-sensitive receptors and an ability to feel gut-wrenching terror - survive by hunting down other life-forms for the purpose of terrorising, killing and eating them, or being their victims?

A planet in which all the creatures are vegetarians : okay, no moral problem there, but a planet that is red in tooth and claw' and for eons has had the air rent with the screams of terror, pain, and death by gazillions of life forms - is no god of mine, but a rank arsehole in anybody's terms.

It is your right to believe or not as you wish.

Religion, as long as it causes no one any harm, is a good thing for many many people.

If you had read and understood the teachings, which I will not bother explaining, (pearls before swine).
and no Im not calling you a swine.
But mankind was given free will, as a result we suffer the consequences of this free will.
Pain, suffering etc.

Merry Christmas

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:03am

Ironically you may have answered your own question...

Ask yourself (and post back) What is it about the religious school that you believe provides your son a solid education over that which can be provided by a secular one?

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:22am

Valkie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:02am:
If you had read and understood the teachings, which I will not bother explaining, (pearls before swine).

and no Im not calling you a swine.

Grin Grin Grin (Thanks for the after-thought!) .. and of course not. It never entered my mind that you were calling me a swine who didn't know his pearls from his plastic fakes.

But mankind was given free will,

"groan*
I wish you hadn't said that. Needless the say the 'Free Will' mantra is god's 'Get out of Jail Free' card for 4.5 billion years of Hell on Earth. 

Merry Christmas

Thank you, Valkie, and a sincere "Merry Christmas" to you too. 

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:26am

issuevoter said,
Quote:

Religion does not mean God, it means way of life.

Is 'our' religion good or evil ?

To answer that, we merely need to ask another question;

What is     inside     our own heart ?    !!!!!!!

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1304541795/126#126
Quote:

We ourselves, are the 'gatekeepers' of our hearts.

We choose which spirits we allow [invite] into our hearts.

And nobody [and no spirit] can compel us, to join with those spirits.

And no spirit can compel us to do what is evil.

No body compels us, to choose the evil.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Psalms 51:7
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8  Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9  Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12  Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:29am

I was raised a heathen.

Education for the masses came from the Church
Social welfare was begun and still heavily supported by the Church
Our system of law and democracy is found on the Bible
Slavery was ended by the church (over the opposition of many)
Child prostitution was ended by the church (over the opposition of many)
Freedom is a Christian principle.

Take a look around all the rich and free countries around the world. They have one thing in common - a Christian heritage.

And the reason you sent your kid to an Anglican private school is because.... where are the secular private schools?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:31am

I think neither, the problem isn't religion, its the people following it. Some are fantastic loving people, and some aren't.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:44am

Yadda wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:26am:

Is 'our' religion good or evil ?

To answer that, we merely need to ask another question;

What is     inside     our own heart ?    !!!!!!!

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1304541795/123#123
Quote:

Demons are real.

They are spirits.

And they [many 10's or even 100's] can have an influence over us, especially if we 'open' ourselves to them, if we 'open' ourselves to their 'persuasions'.

I believe that mostly, God [initially at least] protects us from the influence of demons, in this 'reality'.

And i believe that God will actively [spiritually] protect us from the influence of demons, whenever we directly ask him to, and if we are also actively trying to shun, to resist [what is] evil [around us].

But i also believe that God will 'abandon' those souls, who actively seek [or actively choose] those influences which are un-Godly, and he will abandon those souls who [themselves] abandon all discernment between good and evil.

God does not want to lose any soul, not one, to the demonic.

But he will not 'compel' people, to abandon those evil [spiritual] influences [which they choose].

We choose.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:51am

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:29am:
Education for the masses came from the Church
Social welfare was begun and still heavily supported by the Church
Our system of law and democracy is found on the Bible
Slavery was ended by the church (over the opposition of many)
Child prostitution was ended by the church (over the opposition of many)
Freedom is a Christian principle.

Take a look around all the rich and free countries around the world. They have one thing in common - a Christian heritage.

And the reason you sent your kid to an Anglican private school is because.... where are the secular private schools?

(Lady Nicole - see my reply elsewhere to these extravagant and highly delusional assertions by Longy. I'm not calling his post 'Junk Mail' of course, any more than Valkie thinks I'm a swine who doesn't know his pearls ...  Roll Eyes )

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #14 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:56am

No one can explain what they mean by God, so they fall back on such bogus concepts as Faith. Trying to sell your particular religion, is a sure sign that you need verification from others, and are looking for safety in numbers. Both of which you try to sell for the good of the unconverted.

The number of people who fall for this stuff, is a perfect example of why there is no hope for humanity. Add to that the population explosion, over exploitation of resources, and environmental degradation and you will need more than prayer to save your sorry ass.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #15 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:24am

issuevoter wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:56am:
No one can explain what they mean by God, so they fall back on such bogus concepts as Faith. Trying to sell your particular religion, is a sure sign that you need verification from others, and are looking for safety in numbers. Both of which you try to sell for the good of the unconverted.

The number of people who fall for this stuff, is a perfect example of why there is no hope for humanity.

I totally agree.

As I was walking down the street thinking about nothing in particular the other day, this hit me straight between the eyes like a one-punch fatality.

It seems that for the next 4 billion years of sustainable life on Earth, the human brain will always have a part of it where the neural connections and synapses are unable to directly communicate with the brain's Centre of Commonsense and Reasoning - the cerebral cortex.

It's a wanky little section of the brain that sees otherwise well-educated, intelligent, and reasonable people who work in the field of science and medicine - going about their day with big black beards, towels wrapped around their heads, hijabs, red dots on the forehead, and sundry other public confessions of insanity.i

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:29am

It all depends on how one approaches it.

For some religion is a crucial part in their lives, they look to God to help them get by.

For others it is a security blanket that they use to try and hide their fears and insecurities.

Some use it as a mask to hide behind and

Some use it to excuse abhorrent behavior.

It is said, All things in moderation this includes religion.
Sure believe, and be honest in your belief, but do not be obsessive.

Above all, we must remember that ALL holy books be it the Bible, Koran or Tora were all written by MEN.

Men who are imperfect and prone to misunderstanding, and above all, caught in a time and place where things differ greatly from today.

These books have some truth in them (God influence) but are also open to interpretation.
We should live our lives as our morals dictate, that little voice in our heads (Gods) that reminds us. "That's not right."

If we follow this simple rule, the world would be a better, nicer place.

Peace to all and Merry Xmas

Valkie, a reasonable post. I do wonder however whether Jesus would have condoned your reference to women as "sluts"?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:30am

Religion developed as a way to control the masses. From witch doctors, to voodoo priests, to catholicism and Islam, it was all about controlling the masses and giving authority to someone who was to weak to take that authority by force (as was the way leaders were chosen in the old days).

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:35am

John Smith wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:30am:
Religion developed as a way to control the masses. From witch doctors, to voodoo priests, to catholicism and Islam, it was all about controlling the masses and giving authority to someone who was to weak to take that authority by force (as was the way leaders were chosen in the old days).

It is still about controlling the masses.

Longy's church managed to sucker $500,000 in donations from the laity from which they could skim a goodly amount off the top for their own institutional sustainability whilst at the same time receiving annual 'grants' from the government to the tune of millions.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:38am

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:35am:

yes and no ... for some religions, like Islam, yes. Definitely, but for others, like Scientology, it's all about money.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:42am

John Smith wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:38am:

yes and no ... for some religions, like Islam, yes. Definitely, but for others, like Scientology, it's all about money.

Oh yes.

I think we're finally singing from the same Hymn book, John.  Cool

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:44am

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:42am:
Oh yes.

I think we're finally singing from the same Hymn book, John.  Cool

about time you finally figured out what the right tune was .....

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:45am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:03am:

Ask yourself (and post back) What is it about the religious school that you believe provides your son a solid education over that which can be provided by a secular one?

I marched myself on tours through several public schools. Then I took a look at two private schools. By comparison, the public schools were like zoos. I take it from your question that this is due to the chapel my son attends on a fort nightly basis?

You may be right, but that's not my view. My view is as follows:

Private schools are run more like businesses. Teachers are paid more in private schools, so you get a better cut of teacher.  Private schools need to maintain enrolments. Parents don't fork out big bucks to schools that don't perform. This means that teachers who don't cut the mustard will be sacked - something that simply doesn't happen in government schools. And because private schools need to entice parents to pay, things like NAPLAN tests are taken seriously. So are Year 12 results.

So, because user pays, a lot of government fat, burecracy, and ineptitude is scuttled. Private schools are employed by parents to do a job - educate.

I fork out $14,000 per year. I expect my pound of flesh. The school works for me. That's the deal.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:48am

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:45am:
Private schools are run more like businesses. Teachers are paid more in private schools, so you get a better cut of teacher. 

rubbish ..... every study ever done shows there is little to no difference in the level of education kids experience between public and private education. The ONLY real advantage one gains from private schools is the circle of friends their kids surround themselves with. Societies business leaders generally send their kids to private schools, and as those kids grow up they take over their families businesses .... it makes for good contacts later in life when you need a job.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:56am

I marched myself on tours through several public schools. Then I took a look at two private schools. By comparison, the public schools were like zoos. I take it from your question that this is due to the chapel my son attends on a fort nightly basis?

Private schools are run more like businesses. Teachers are paid more in private schools, so you get a better cut of teacher.  Private schools need to maintain enrolments. Parents don't fork out big bucks to schools that don't perform. This means that teachers who don't cut the mustard will be sacked - something that simply doesn't happen in government schools. And because private schools need to entice parents to pay, things like NAPLAN tests are taken seriously. So are Year 12 results.

So, because user pays, a lot of government fat, burecracy, and ineptitude is scuttled. Private schools are employed by parents to do a job - educate.

I fork out $14,000 per year. I expect my pound of flesh. The school works for me. That's the deal.

Brilliant.

My niece had 8 years in a public school before moving to teach in a non-religious private school.

Chalk and cheese.

Not the vaguest similarity between the two.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:58am

John Smith wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:48am:
Private schools are run more like businesses. Teachers are paid more in private schools, so you get a better cut of teacher. 

rubbish ..... every study ever done shows there is little to no difference in the level of education kids experience between public and private education. The ONLY real advantage one gains from private schools is the circle of friends their kids surround themselves with. Societies business leaders generally send their kids to private schools, and as those kids grow up they take over their families businesses .... it makes for good contacts later in life when you need a job.

That's all true, but there's much MUCH more to that.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:05am

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 9:58am:

That's all true, but there's much MUCH more to that.

yes, your kids are also more likely to get molested at private schools, especially those run by a church

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:10am

Reducing it to power ignores the reasons and ideas that 'the powers that be' implemented. This is the hangover of Foucault, who reduced everything to power, but put in little effort to explain the ideas in amongst those powers.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:14am

John Smith wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:05am:
yes, your kids are also more likely to get molested at private schools, especially those run by a church

I think you might be right there.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:26am

You may be right, but that's not my view. 

It should be your view (or at least you should hold to another view) given that you:

have no problem with spiritual people - those that march to the beat of their own drum that is, and don't follow a religion.

just can't swallow religion. Ridiculous things written in ridiculous old books by ridiculous old men.

Or is it that you think your son must suffer what you claim is insufferable?

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #30 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:38am

To quote an old friend

A good man will always try to do good and an evil man will always aspire to evil.

But to make a good man do evil things, all that takes religion.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:56am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:26am:

You may be right, but that's not my view. 

It should be your view (or at least you should hold to another view) given that you:

have no problem with spiritual people - those that march to the beat of their own drum that is, and don't follow a religion.

just can't swallow religion. Ridiculous things written in ridiculous old books by ridiculous old men.

Or is it that you think your son must suffer what you claim is insufferable?

I've never actually spoken to my son about his religion or lack thereof. His father is trying to raise him to be a good Lutheran - I don't want to split the boy apart.

But I'm teaching him to think for himself. It's the best antidote to religion you can get.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:05am

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:56am:
I've never actually spoken to my son about his religion or lack thereof. His father is trying to raise him to be a good Lutheran - I don't want to split the boy apart.

But I'm teaching him to think for himself. It's the best antidote to religion you can get.

So you send him to a religious school because of his relationship with father then covertly teach him to reject the principle upon which the school is founded ?

Don't you think that's dishonest (not to mention hypocritical) ?

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:19am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:05am:

So you send him to a religious school because of his relationship with father then covertly teach him to reject the principle upon which the school is founded ?

Wow you put a lot of words in my mouth. I do not send him to a private religious school because of his relationship with his father. I send him there because it gives him the best education my money can buy. Please don't ask me to explain that to you a third time.

Teaching him to think for himself, question everything, and explore issues from all angles is neither dishonest or covert, unless free thinkers worry you?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:30am

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:19am:

Wow you put a lot of words in my mouth. I do not send him to a private religious school because of his relationship with his father. I send him there because it gives him the best education my money can buy. Please don't ask me to explain that to you a third time.

Teaching him to think for himself, question everything, and explore issues from all angles is neither dishonest or covert, unless free thinkers worry you?

You mentioned his father (in reference to religion). That possibly implied (by way of Freudian slip) that religion may have been part your decision to send him there.

I'm more than OK with free thinking... I don't hold religious beliefs myself but I would say that I'm culturally of Irish/European Catholic descent and - by inheritance - sensibility.

But I would say that to send someone to an institution whose philosophy and beliefs I could not tolerate would, for me, be an act of hypocrisy... As hypocritical as sending them to an Islamic school.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:38am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:30am:
... As hypocritical as sending them to an Islamic school.

Or as hypocritical as Muslims migrating to secular Christian-based countries to gain better outcomes for themselves?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #36 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:55am

There are two religions that have caused more problems, more hatred, more death and more torment than anything since the dawn of time.

The worship of MONEY

The worship of POWER

and the worst is when both combine, as in politics where money and power are worshiped and lusted after all day and every day.

There is no perfect church, no perfect religion, but mankind is not an animal.
We have self awareness and as such recognize that we are more than just a collection of chemicals and materials.

I have no problem with people who do not believe and have never and will never try to convert them.
Its their choice and I have no right to interfere, this is whee many religions come unstuck.
The prohibit this and prohibit that and they always say that theirs is the best and only god.
Its been like this since the dawn of mans self awareness.

But, some of us believe, and some never will, that's the truth and only matter.

I will not be dissuaded from my belief, you will not become a believer.

We should just respect each other as individuals and leave it at that.

UNLESS
I try to force you, punish you or cause you harm simply because you don't believe or don't believe in my God.

Then its a totally different matter, this is when the religion is no longer acceptable.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:04pm

Valkie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:55am:
There are two religions that have caused more problems, more hatred, more death and more torment than anything since the dawn of time.

The worship of MONEY

The worship of POWER

I'd say the biggest killer of the modern era (since the French Revolution) has been the idea of equality. Millions killed, jailed, exiled. French Revolution, all socialist revolutions - Soviet Union, Cambodia, China, Cuba, South America, Vietnam ...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:10pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:04pm:
I'd say the biggest killer of the modern era (since the French Revolution) has been the idea of equality. Millions killed, jailed, exiled. French Revolution, all socialist revolutions - Soviet Union, Cambodia, China, Cuba, South America, Vietnam ...

I like that. Very good. Equality of outcomes. Every child goes home with a prize. There are no winners or losers, only participants. No need for tears-before-bedtime.

In my day only the brightest got into university, but today the universities are stiff with students - some of whom don't even speak English. It's a farce. A lot of them leave university to take up driving a taxi.  Grin

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:14pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:10pm:

I like that. Very good. Equality of outcomes. Every child goes home with a prize. There are no winners or losers, only participants. No need for tears-before-bedtime.

It's a point often overlooked; because, those who currently write history are the biggest supporters of equality. Ask why everyone knows how evil the Nazis were, but knows nothing about the millions killed in the socialist revolutions. It's because it's socialists who have been writing history since the 1960s.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:24pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:10am:

Reducing it to power ignores the reasons and ideas that 'the powers that be' implemented. This is the hangover of Foucault, who reduced everything to power, but put in little effort to explain the ideas in amongst those powers.

it doesn't ignore anything, rather it simply deals with the reality of it. Something you seem to struggle with

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #41 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:32pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:14pm:
It's a point often overlooked; because, those who currently write history are the biggest supporters of equality. Ask why everyone knows how evil the Nazis were, but knows nothing about the millions killed in the socialist revolutions. It's because it's socialists who have been writing history since the 1960s.

The Equality virus infected certain schools in which exams were conducted with students sitting in groups of five or six, and working out between them the answers to questions.

At each table, the bright kid (or kids) who knew the answers, meant that all the kids at the same table were credited with a pass mark. It was Social-Marxism by consensus.

It's probably still going on in certain trendy private schools.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 1:17pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:32pm:
The Equality virus infected certain schools in which exams were conducted with students sitting in groups of five or six, and working out between them the answers to questions.

At each table, the bright kid (or kids) who knew the answers, meant that all the kids at the same table were credited with a pass mark. It was Social-Marxism by consensus.

It's probably still going on in certain trendy private schools.

where do you get this crap from?  You realise that your dreams aren't real, right?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:00pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:24pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:10am:

it doesn't ignore anything, rather it simply deals with the reality of it. Something you seem to struggle with

It tells people nothing. Think about it: those in power are bad because they have power. What kind of logic is this? Power is a part of all structures and relationships, so it's a useless point without saying why the people in power are bad.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:03pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:00pm:
those in power are bad because they have power

No one said those in power are bad ... some are, some aren't , but that's irrelevant anyway. Those in power (within the church) only have power because they have found a way through the use of religion to manipulate people .

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:06pm

Governments love religion because it keeps people on the straight and narrow. Atheists realise it doesn't matter what you do, you won't be judged in the afterlife. It makes one more free thinking. Personally I'm a non believer but if religion is kept personal and doesn't have issues and don't care. When it becomes a problem I'd rather it gone.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:07pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:03pm:

No one said those in power are bad ... some are, some aren't , but that's irrelevant anyway. Those in power (within the church) only have power because they have found a way through the use of religion to manipulate people .

What about in Islam?

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:10pm

Okay, so now they're bad because they manipulate. Kind of like university lecturers, politicians, opinion makers, columnists, socialists, greenies, and "progressives" who manipulate by omitting alternative perspectives. Gothcha. 

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:48pm

Correct Smithy. Many non religious people send their children to private run and or religious schools ...

not for the better education ... because they don't get any better education

but because they think this puts their kids on the ladder of social climbing wannabes .....

funny thing is there are just as many drop outs or students doing drugs, being sexually active, bullying etc etc

and in fact I'd say some of the biggest ratbag boys & promiscuous females went to private Catholic Schools.

As far as the quality of teachers & the pay they receive .... they don't get paid anymore ....

that's totally agin the private business mantra.

Their motto is pay less work more hours.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:55pm

The worship of MONEY

The worship of POWER

But then again, from that same ideology, many more millions elevated above their ancestral caste and out of poverty...

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #50 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:51pm

Raven wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:38am:
To quote an old friend

A good man will always try to do good and an evil man will always aspire to evil.

There is [among many men and women who 'believe'], a common misconception about our creator, the God of the Bible.

And that misconception is that God, our creator, intends to forgive every man and woman,
...'coz we are only human'.

THAT, is not his purpose.

His purpose for mankind has been plainly stated,      ....again, and again, and again.

Matthew 12:35
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Matthew 12:33
Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Matthew 7:19
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Daniel 12:10
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Revelation 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

No Raven.

Just an inherent        HATRED      for truth.

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:50pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:57pm

the most important thing in life is to have some "purpose in life", some "passion", some "north star".

Then you can easily align all your thoughts words and actions with this purpose.

If they help you towards the north star, they are in. if they dont, they are out.

Too many people are just in a fog, they are in an emotional soup where they are either just trying to pleasure themselves or to cope...both are leading to a personal disaster.

Having a set purpose gets rid of the 3 main "fatigues " which destroy peoples happiness and beat them down.

1 decision making fatigue... going round in circles if you dont have a purpose
2 persona fatigue...managing an impression , seeking validation, people pleasing, supplicating
3 outcome fatigue...getting all butt-hirt when things dont go your way.

If you have a direction in life, (if you know it very well), you wont waste time on these "handbrakes".

So for some people, an "off the shelf" religious belief will give them direction.  They will be happier, achieve more and it will help them move up.
Its not neccessary for all people but a lot of people in the Durrrr state of taker mentality  and mediocrity would do well to pick a religion, any religion and try to have a bigger view of the world then their own "pleasure" and "coping"

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #52 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:07pm

The worship of MONEY

The worship of POWER

I'd say the biggest killer of the modern era (since the French Revolution) has been the idea of equality.

Millions killed, jailed, exiled.

French Revolution, all socialist revolutions - Soviet Union, Cambodia, China, Cuba, South America, Vietnam ...

Comment.....

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1458861531/0#0
Quote:

The lesson(s) of the original, French Revolution of !!

Our recent history is, a cautionary tale!

'What is old, is new again.'                  ....or can be!!

When we look at the justifications given by the French Revolutionaries [for their ruthless political violence],        .....we can say with some confidence, imo, that the French Revolution, was probably the first significant public 'outing' [exposure ???] of the 'virtues' and of the 'high moral purpose', of rampant atheists, political progressives, and leftists [i.e. in the French Revolutionaries] !

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:14pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 2:10pm:

Okay, so now they're bad because they manipulate. Kind of like university lecturers, politicians, opinion makers, columnists, socialists, greenies, and "progressives" who manipulate by omitting alternative perspectives. Gothcha. 

except you're the only one going on about them being bad.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #54 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:15pm

"....have found a way through the use of religion to manipulate people."

Or through the use of 'philosophy' and political argument.        ......i.e. deceivers, using words, to deceive others.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:20pm

Yadda wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:15pm:
Or through the use of 'philosophy' and political argument.   

no, I'll stick to religion .

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #56 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:24pm

aquascoot wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:57pm:
the most important thing in life is to have some "purpose in life", some "passion", some "north star".

Then you can easily align all your thoughts words and actions with this purpose.

If they help you towards the north star, they are in. if they dont, they are out.

Too many people are just in a fog, they are in an emotional soup where they are either just trying to pleasure themselves or to cope...both are leading to a personal disaster.

Having a set purpose gets rid of the 3 main "fatigues " which destroy peoples happiness and beat them down.

1 decision making fatigue... going round in circles if you dont have a purpose
2 persona fatigue...managing an impression , seeking validation, people pleasing, supplicating
3 outcome fatigue...getting all butt-hirt when things dont go your way.

If you have a direction in life, (if you know it very well), you wont waste time on these "handbrakes".

So for some people, an "off the shelf" religious belief will give them direction.  They will be happier, achieve more and it will help them move up.
Its not neccessary for all people but a lot of people in the Durrrr state of taker mentality  and mediocrity would do well to pick a religion, any religion and try to have a bigger view of the world then their own "pleasure" and "coping"

Good post aquascoot.

I've found my "purpose in life".         Wink

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #57 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:28pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:20pm:

no, I'll stick to [blaming] religion .

John_Smith,

You [and those like you] live in, and experience, such a small 'universe', imo.

And that is your choice.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:57pm

Longy's church managed to sucker $500,000 in donations from the laity from which they could skim a goodly amount off the top for their own institutional sustainability whilst at the same time receiving annual 'grants' from the government to the tune of millions.

When you resort to simply making up crap, what do you think you look like? COmplete tosser? loser? liar? simpleton?

It takes a special kind of retard to criticise people who raise a half million dollars for World Vision, Kids with Cancer and Cambodian kids.

And let me guess... your total outlay for the poor and hurting is... $0?

hypocrite.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:58pm

You mentioned his father (in reference to religion). That possibly implied (by way of Freudian slip) that religion may have been part your decision to send him there.

I'm more than OK with free thinking... I don't hold religious beliefs myself but I would say that I'm culturally of Irish/European Catholic descent and - by inheritance - sensibility.

But I would say that to send someone to an institution whose philosophy and beliefs I could not tolerate would, for me, be an act of hypocrisy... As hypocritical as sending them to an Islamic school.

Big difference between chapel once-a-fortnight Anglican light, and Islam. They're miles apart. There should be no Islamic schools allowed in Australia.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:59pm

My point is that while you rail against religion, the best schools in the land are run by the Church and the worst by the secular government. You might even ask why and then maybe you will answer your own questions. And why didnt you choose a SECULAR private school?  We both know the reason for that.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:00pm

And yet you cannot find links to credible studies that confirm this. The fact that a significant majority of those that qualify for university entry are privately educated hasnt clued you in.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:04pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:59pm:
My point is that while you rail against religion, the best schools in the land are run by the Church and the worst by the secular government. You might even ask why and then maybe you will answer your own questions. And why didnt you choose a SECULAR private school?  We both know the reason for that.

Moreover, it seems grossly unfair in its arrogance towards those educators, to presume that the quality of the education they provide is not maintained and enhanced as a direct result of their faith.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:04pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:58pm:
Big difference between chapel once-a-fortnight Anglican light, and Islam. They're miles apart. There should be no Islamic schools allowed in Australia.

x2

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #64 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:04pm

In principle I'm ok with Islamic schools, but then I read stuff like this and take the same opinion as you.

Educated at Islamic schools, Bee says she was taught not to mix with other Australian children.

“It was very religious. It did not feel like I lived in Australia at all," she remembers.

"Every child there was also Arab or from a Muslim background. The day started with praying, it ended with praying. We had Islamic classes as well. It was very religious based, I guess. Even the teachers spoke Arabic to us. They wore the scarf. It just really didn't feel like it was in Australia at all."
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/escaping-child-marriage-in-western-s...

IBI

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:05pm

It's funny/sad that the loudest voices on a thread about Church and Christian Schools are mainly people who have no connection with either - ever. Most of the 'claims' made here are manifest nonsense but happily accepted by the remaining buffoons because they dont know it is nonsense and it supports their own preconceptions.

Its not a good look for most of you to parade your ignorance and narrow-minded thinking as some kind of virtue.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:07pm

The fact that a significant majority of those that qualify for university entry are privately educated hasnt clued you in.

I cant be arsed finding it but there is a study somewhere that shows once in UNI the private school leavers do not do as well as the publicly educated students.

Probably because they are like hothouse flowers put out in the cold

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #67 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:11pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:04pm:

x2

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #68 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:13pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:00pm:
The fact that a significant majority of those that qualify for university entry are privately educated hasn't clued you in. 

This could simply mean nothing more than that the children of parents who can afford to pay the fees demanded, are mostly professionals who passed on a better set of genes to their kids - and has nothing to do with the quality of education they received at a private school.

I myself went to a very expensive private school but ended up nothing more than a factory worker.

Go figure.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:13pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:11pm:

x2

+ 5

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #70 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:16pm

miketrees wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:07pm:
The fact that a significant majority of those that qualify for university entry are privately educated hasnt clued you in.

I cant be arsed finding it but there is a study somewhere that shows once in UNI the private school leavers do not do as well as the publicly educated students.

Grin

Good one.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #71 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:18pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:13pm:

x2

+ 5

Best thing you and Nicole Page 2016 can do for the entire Forum is get a Room and work it out.  The sycophancy is just spewish.

Blah!

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #72 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:20pm

I was raised a heathen.

I think religion is force for good, ten commandments is a good morality check for the whole world.

I am not religious but I believe in God, the only times I go to church are Christmas and Easter, I try to uphold love your neighbour as yourself but as we all know sometimes it is a hard thing to do.

Both my kids went to a catholic school and they turned out all right, I have no complaints, generally they can tell what is right and what is wrong.

Without religion and all the donots, I think we would live in a jungle, in other words who can eat who.

The way things are going religion is on the skids, in a hundred years religion will be practiced by a minority in the west anyway.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #73 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:22pm

x2

Explain this then.

Educated at Islamic schools, Bee says she was taught not to mix with other Australian children.

“It was very religious. It did not feel like I lived in Australia at all," she remembers.

"Every child there was also Arab or from a Muslim background. The day started with praying, it ended with praying. We had Islamic classes as well. It was very religious based, I guess. Even the teachers spoke Arabic to us. They wore the scarf. It just really didn't feel like it was in Australia at all."
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/escaping-child-marriage-in-western-s...

IBI

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:30pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:04pm:

In principle I'm ok with Islamic schools, but then I read stuff like this and take the same opinion as you.

With all that face planting towards Mecca, I suppose they don't get time for irrelevant subjects like maths and Science. And that heathen tongue - English.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:34pm

The fact that a significant majority of those that qualify for university entry are privately educated hasn't clued you in. 

This could simply mean nothing more than that the children of parents who can afford to pay the fees demanded, are mostly professionals who passed on a better set of genes to their kids - and has nothing to do with the quality of education they received at a private school.

I myself went to a very expensive private school but ended up nothing more than a factory worker.

Go figure.

Yeah but there were reasons for that, beyond your control.

Your private school education shines through the word mastery of your posts.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #76 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:46pm

Again

Religion is harmless until it starts to punish its followers and others for not believing in that religions god and practices.

Then it becomes a problem to be sorted out.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:52pm

You might want to find proof of that bit of fiction. Repeated studies show better education and life outcomes for private school kids. Like it or not, it remains true. Or do you not understand why so many familes go without to put their kids thru private schools and so many public school parents wish they could?

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:54pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:18pm:

x2

+ 5

Best thing you and Nicole Page 2016 can do for the entire Forum is get a Room and work it out.  The sycophancy is just spewish.

Blah!

Why don't you go harass a mod? It's been what? Two days now?

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:55pm

Go figure.

you can put lipstick on a pig but it remains a pig. Your life failure is quite obvious and leaches out in the embarrassing rubbish of your posts.

You are the kind of idiot that private school couldnt fix. They should have sent you to the army where at least you would have learned SOMETHING if only that you are a private in a world of officers.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:56pm

I've read that somewhere before too Mike.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:08pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:56pm:

I've read that somewhere before too Mike.

Its the internet. You can read how Michelle Obama is a man and Barack is a reptile.

Personally, I would prefer a properly done assessment of that before I gave it any credence. And it doesnt sound credible already. The idiot poster seems to think that every private school student plays polo and spends weekends a the family's weekend place on the Gold coast. The reality is the vast majority of private school kids go to low-fee schools that the parents work very hard to afford and the kids themselves are no different sociologically that public school kids - just better educated and better prepared.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:27pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:54pm:

x2

+ 5

Blah!

Two days since what?  Your continued abuse?

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:33pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:27pm:
Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:54pm:

x2

+ 5

Blah!

Two days since what?  Your continued abuse?

Man up. It's an adult debate board. Stop being so precious

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #84 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:51pm

Quote:
Man up. It's an adult debate board. Stop being so precious.

Indeed it is a debate Board.....one with Rules which I am constrained by and abide with.  The instant I get a 'green card' to freely abuse people like you do,  I'll just do exactly that....abuse you back, and I have far better ammo than you will ever have 'Nicole Page 2016.'

Smiley

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #85 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:57pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:34pm:
Yeah but there were reasons for that, beyond your control.

Your private school education shines through the word mastery of your posts.

Nonsense.  Kiss

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:57pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:51pm:
Quote:
Man up. It's an adult debate board. Stop being so precious.

Indeed it is a debate Board.....one with Rules which I am constrained by and abide with.  The instant I get a 'green card' to freely abuse people like you do,  I'll just do exactly that....abuse you back, and I have far better ammo than you will ever have 'Nicole Page 2016.'

Smiley

Go whinge to the mods like the fake lawyer, cab driving pedant you are little man.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #87 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:21pm

I was raised a heathen.

This is like asking whether ideology is good, or politics, or schooling. Whether a teacher does good work depends on what he teaches.

Check out Aussie's Jacycees thread and tell me whether you think that is a force for good.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:28pm

Yadda wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:28pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:20pm:

no, I'll stick to [blaming] religion .

John_Smith,

You [and those like you] live in, and experience, such a small 'universe', imo.

And that is your choice.

if that helps you to explain away anyone who disagrees with your world view, then you go for it old boy. I'm sure it'll help you to sleep better.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:32pm

freediver wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:21pm:
I was raised a heathen.

This is like asking whether ideology is good, or politics, or schooling. Whether a teacher does good work depends on what he teaches.

Check out Aussie's Jacycees thread and tell me whether you think that is a force for good.

Oh, she did FD, and came up with this bewdie!

Quote:
I used to be a brain surgeon in my more naive days. But I changed career to the Coles checkout and I've never looked back. I'm even thinking about starting a new thread : a check out chicks day.

Grin Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:32pm

And yet you cannot find links to credible studies that confirm this. The fact that a significant majority of those that qualify for university entry are privately educated hasnt clued you in. 

you simply haven't looked for any dopey.

An analysis by Monash University education academic David Zyngier has revealed that many state schools with a high Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) ranking – including Princess Hill Secondary and University High School – on average perform as well as private schools with a similar ranking.

This group of middle-class public schools clocked up an average VCE study score of 34 out of 50 in 2015, compared with 33 in similar private schools.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/private-versus-public-schools-which-has-the-ac...

Not according to the research.

Professor Connelly and his team found that sending children to Catholic or other independent primary schools has "no significant effect" on any of these outcomes.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/private-v-public-schooling-20150416-1mm8bn.html

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:34pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:05pm:
It's funny/sad that the loudest voices on a thread about Church and Christian Schools are mainly people who have no connection with either - ever.

making crap up again are you longy? Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:34pm

I was raised a heathen.

It's a force for good, for sure.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #93 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:55pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 5:55pm:
you can put lipstick on a pig but it remains a pig. Your life failure is quite obvious and leaches out in the embarrassing rubbish of your posts.

You are the kind of idiot that private school couldnt fix. They should have sent you to the army where at least you would have learned SOMETHING if only that you are a private in a world of officers.

Wow.

You really became emotional and spent a bit of time composing that, didn't you? Thanks for the compliment.

A bloke getting emotional about me is just so smacking ghey. Do your parents know?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #94 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:24pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 7:34pm:
I was raised a heathen.

It's a force for good, for sure.

And yet there was Aussie, chanting the mantra, while his mind was other things.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #95 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:29pm

Quote:
And yet there was Aussie, chanting the mantra, while his mind was other things.

Mindlessly on the mantra.  Mind on the Ladies.  It's quite funny. 

Later, I started a massive schit fight at State level in Jaycees 'cause they accepted sponsorship from tobacco companies to finance their State Convention while at the same time, trying stop Members smoking at Jaycee meetings.  Came first too, I might add.

Grin

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #96 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:33pm

x2

+ 5

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #97 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:36pm

Black Orchid wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:33pm:

x2

+ 5

x -20.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:54pm

Studies of university outcomes
A number of studies have also analysed the university outcomes of students from public and
private schools. The most recent of these found that attendance at private schools does not
provide any advantage in terms of academic performance at university [Li & Dockery 2014].
It found that students from public schools performed just as well as students from Catholic
and Independent schools in their first year of study at the university. It stated that the findings
indicate that higher SES schools artificially inflate their students’ university entry scores (for
example, by intensive coaching for external exams) and thus improve their access to
university. However, they do not perform as well when they have to work more
independently at university.

Education Research Brief
A Review of Academic Studies of Public
and Private School Outcomes in
Australia
Trevor Cobbold
April 2015
SAVE OUR SCHOOLS
http://www.saveourschools.com.au

This may have been the article I was thinking of.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #99 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 1:13pm

Yadda wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:51pm:

No Raven.

Which truth Yadda?

There are so many different variations, KJV, NIV. One of the oldest biblical manuscripts, the so called Sinai Bible has thousands of differences compared to KJV.

Which truth are you talking about?

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #100 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 11:17pm

I was raised a heathen.

I wonder, do you believe this as far as Muslims are concerned?  Should they be given the same leeway as Christians?  Should Hindus?  What about Buddhists?   "Nicole", I suspect you wouldn't give Muslims as much freedom as you do Christians, despite the majority of Muslims being peaceful.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #101 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 6:57pm

And what about Nazis? The majority of them did not gas Jews. They just want decent trains, like the rest of us.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #102 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 7:18pm

If Muslims could make the Sydney trains run on time I would say open the gates to more of them.

But Hell will freeze over before that happens.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #103 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 7:34pm

Raven wrote on Dec 6th, 2016 at 1:13pm:

No Raven.

Which truth Yadda?

There are so many different variations, KJV, NIV. One of the oldest biblical manuscripts, the so called Sinai Bible has thousands of differences compared to KJV.

Raven, Raven, Raven,

No one can prove the veracity of what is written in scripture.

At least, it would be very difficult for any man to do so, imo.

But there is a lot of hard evidence,       that the Old Testament document that we have today, has been faithfully preserved over time.

How so ?

Google;
the Dead Sea Scrolls give substantial confirmation that the Old Testament has been accurately preserved over time.

Regarding the concepts, ideas, ideals, and thoughts,
that scripture is able to convey to a man,        ....and what veracity each man places upon that knowledge,      .....well that is for each man to give weight to, or not, as they choose.

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Psalms 25:14
The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #104 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:35pm

freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 6:57pm:
And what about Nazis? The majority of them did not gas Jews. They just want decent trains, like the rest of us.

The majority supported the "Final Solution".  Care to point to me where the majority of Muslims support ISIS?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #105 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:35pm:

The majority supported the "Final Solution".  Care to point to me where the majority of Muslims support ISIS?   Roll Eyes

How do you know that Brian? Why do you hate Nazis so much?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #106 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:55pm

freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:51pm:

How does he know, what?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #107 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:37am

The majority supported the "Final Solution". 

Source?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #108 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:44am

Aussie wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:55pm:

How does he know, what?

That the majority supported the Final Solution even though it wasn't thought of until the war had already started. Did they conduct a poll of the German people while Poland, Belgium, Holland and Norway were being invaded?

Brian is saying that's what happened. Some sort of plebiscite or referendum asking the people if they support gassing Jews and sundry others. "Tick the box YES or NO. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a Nice Day".

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #109 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:10am

Yadda wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 7:34pm:
Raven wrote on Dec 6th, 2016 at 1:13pm:

No Raven.

Which truth Yadda?

There are so many different variations, KJV, NIV. One of the oldest biblical manuscripts,

the so called Sinai Bible has thousands of differences compared to KJV.

.....there is a lot of hard evidence,       that the Old Testament document that we have today, has been faithfully preserved over time.

How so ?

Google;
the Dead Sea Scrolls give substantial confirmation that the Old Testament has been accurately preserved over time.

e.g.
Quote:

The Dead Sea Scrolls play a crucial role in assessing the accurate preservation of the Old Testament. With its hundreds of manuscripts from every book except Esther, detailed comparisons can be made with more recent texts.

The Old Testament that we use today is translated from what is called the Masoretic Text. The Masoretes were Jewish scholars who between A.D. 500 and 950 gave the Old Testament the form that we use today. Until the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in 1947, the oldest Hebrew text of the Old Testament was the Masoretic Aleppo Codex which dates to A.D. 935.{5}

With the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, we now had manuscripts that predated the Masoretic Text by about one thousand years. Scholars were anxious to see how the Dead Sea documents would match up with the Masoretic Text. If a significant amount of differences were found, we could conclude that our Old Testament Text had not been well preserved. Critics, along with religious groups such as Muslims and Mormons, often make the claim that the present day Old Testament has been corrupted and is not well preserved. According to these religious groups, this would explain the contradictions between the Old Testament and their religious teachings.

After years of careful study, it has been concluded that the Dead Sea Scrolls give substantial confirmation that our Old Testament has been accurately preserved. The scrolls were found to be almost identical with the Masoretic text. Hebrew Scholar Millar Burrows writes, “It is a matter of wonder that through something like one thousand years the text underwent so little alteration. As I said in my first article on the scroll, ‘Herein lies its chief importance, supporting the fidelity of the Masoretic tradition.'”{6}

A significant comparison study was conducted with the Isaiah Scroll written around 100 B.C. that was found among the Dead Sea documents and the book of Isaiah found in the Masoretic text. After much research, scholars found that the two texts were practically identical. Most variants were minor spelling differences, and none affected the meaning of the text.

https://www.probe.org/the-dead-sea-scrolls/

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #110 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:16am

I stated earlier in this thread that.

The Bible, Koran, Tora and any other book written by man is tainted by man.

Ideas, cultural and time in history will influence any and all text and its understanding.
Political machinations, greed, lust for power and just plain stupidity has changed and altered much of the texts and teachings that were originally written.
And even then, the books were written, not by those who were actually there, but by men who through word of mouth and passed down stories.

However, the overall intent of these teachings is and always will be relevant, assuming one has the capacity to sort the wheat from the chaff, and the good books can be used as a life guide.

Only idiots and those without the capacity for understanding take these books literally, we no longer live in the 2nd, 10th or 16th century, and many of the things written have been and still are misinterpreted to this day.

But an overview of these teachings reveal that some things are ever unchanging.
Evil is evil.
God is just.
mankind should be good to mankind
And we are inferior to God.

If we lived simply and loved all and everyone, this life would be true heaven on earth.
But Greed, lust, lust for power and the belief that one is better than another is the evil on this planet.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #111 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:54pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:44am:

How does he know, what?

That the majority supported the Final Solution even though it wasn't thought of until the war had already started. Did they conduct a poll of the German people while Poland, Belgium, Holland and Norway were being invaded?

Brian is saying that's what happened. Some sort of plebiscite or referendum asking the people if they support gassing Jews and sundry others. "Tick the box YES or NO. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a Nice Day".

Brian tries desperately to divert any discussion of Islam or Muslims away from the elephant in the room - Islam. Hence his constant bleating that Muslims are no different to anyone else, implying that the fact that they believe in Islam does not alter their views or actions. Of course, he knows this to be a lie so will not actually say it, so we get this absurd tiptoeing around the issue, with Brian running away when he can no longer avoid it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #112 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:58pm

Who said I hated them, FD?

Dislike would be a better word.  I dislike them because of their worshipping of the Cult of the Personality, their racism and bigotry and their desire to dominate others.  Hatred is too strong a word.

Tell me, why do you hate Muslims so much?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #113 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:59pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:37am:

Source?

History books.  How many spoke out or organised against it, Herbie?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #114 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:02pm

freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:54pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:44am:

How does he know, what?

Brian tries desperately to divert any discussion of Islam or Muslims away from the elephant in the room - Islam. Hence his constant bleating that Muslims are no different to anyone else, implying that the fact that they believe in Islam does not alter their views or actions. Of course, he knows this to be a lie so will not actually say it, so we get this absurd tiptoeing around the issue, with Brian running away when he can no longer avoid it.

You really have no idea what Islam is or isn't, FD.  I don't attempt anything, what I do is make comparisons between the religion of Islam and other religious denominations and their histories, to show the similarities which existed.   There is essentially no difference between how Islam has come to dominate the Muslim world and how Christianity has come to dominate the Christian world.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #115 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:58pm:

Tell me, why do you hate Muslims so much?  Mmmm?

Brian,

Before anyone answers that, why don't you tell us all,      ...
what is a moslem ?

e.g.
What relationship does a moslem have to Mohammed ?

Does a moslem [every moslem] have reverence for Mohammed, and have reverence for the good deeds of Mohammed ?

And if yes, then tell us;

What is it, about Mohammed and his life, that the moslem finds so praiseworthy ?

Does a moslem reverence the Koran ?

Does a moslem believe that the contents of the Koran are the direct words of Allah, and that the contents of the Koran are inerrant ?

Does a moslem believe that the Koran should be the guide for how every moslem should conduct his life [e.g. being a guide to the moslem, in his relationships towards those who are not moslems] ?

Brian,

You ask;

"Tell me, why do you hate Muslims so much?"

Tell me, Brian, what is especially praiseworthy [to you], about a person who is a follower of ISLAM ?

Brian,

Q.
Why would i want to be a friend or defender,                of a person who is a defender and follower of a philosophy, which praises people who are essentially all wanna-be homicidal maniacs ?

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1431117115/1#1
Quote:

"every moslem in Australia is a latent, wanna-be homicidal maniac"

- Yadda

QUESTION;
What about the innocent moslems ?

IMO, [logically] there are no innocent moslems [among persons who have come to the age of consent], and yet still declare themselves to be moslems.

How so [logically] ?

QUESTION;
How credible is it that a person who is devout enough to insist that he is a moslem, is unaware of what ISLAM promotes, and is unaware of what the principle tenets of ISLAM are ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],      ...to a philosophy which transforms human beings, into homicidal maniacs ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],     ...to a philosophy which claims that murdering, in the cause of religious bigotry, is a religious virtue ?

CRIMINAL INTENT, IN THE MOSLEM HEART
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1252898491/0#0
Quote:

Every moslem in Australia [and indeed, every moslem on the planet], by self declaring as a moslem, is self declaring a criminal intent [by our laws] against local non-moslems.

ISLAM is a criminal compact among moslems, to wage a violent 'religious' war against non-moslems ['disbelievers'].

.....Basically, fundamentally, all ISLAMIC doctrine translates as enmity, and encourages [criminal] violence, towards ALL non-moslems.

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:36pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #116 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:59pm:

Source?

History books.  How many spoke out or organised against it, Herbie?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

How many Australian Muslims have spoken out against ISIS? Probably less than the number who have died fighting for the enemy. And that is in the context of a liberal society that otherwise recognises ISIS for what it is - pretty much the opposite situation to that of a German who might want to speak out against Hitler while he was in power.

BTW, what history books? You are making poo up again Brian.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:38pm

freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:24pm:

Source?

How many Australian Muslims have spoken out against ISIS? Probably less than the number who have died fighting for the enemy. And that is in the context of a liberal society that otherwise recognises ISIS for what it is - pretty much the opposite situation to that of a German who might want to speak out against Hitler while he was in power.

I think the Brian Ross doctrine of if not many speak out against it then the majority must support it is about to bite Brian badly.

Not as much as his inability to criticise or condemn Islam, that was a beauty of a reveal.  Smiley

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #118 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:09pm

Secret Wars wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:38pm:

Source?

I think the Brian Ross doctrine of if not many speak out against it then the majority must support it is about to bite Brian badly.

Not as much as his inability to criticise or condemn Islam, that was a beauty of a reveal.  Smiley

If you really pester him he will saying something on the negative side of neutral about Islam, but will carefully couch it with equal criticism of Christianity, in case someone mistakes him for a bigot.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #119 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:28pm

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #120 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:56pm

Source?

How many Australian Muslims have spoken out against ISIS?

Don't you mean, "How many Australian Muslims have been reported as having spoken out against ISIS?"   Afterall, you are reliant on what the media tells you and the media in Australia, with one or two exceptions, is highly Islamophobic because that is what Rupert Murdoch is.   When did you last go out and ask Muslims their own opinion, FD?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Any good book about the history of the rise of Naziism, FD.  You know, the history books that you don't bother reading?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #121 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:58pm

Bill Cosby, the rapist?  Oh, god, you really do enjoy looking like a fool, don't you, Valkie?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #122 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:08pm

So we can't rely on the evidence that can be produced, but we can rely on what Brian reassures us is in all the textbooks, even if he can't produce it?

When have you ever asked a Muslim a difficult question Brian? When we last had this discussion it turned out you were fond of asking Muslims to give you meaningless platitudes. You even found out what Malaysian Muslims really think by an inexplicable osmotic process, which allowed you to reassure us that the people who actually conducted surveys of what they think got it wrong. Do you recall trying to pass off the Pew institute as a right wing propaganda vehicle?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #123 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:12pm

freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:08pm:
So we can't rely on the evidence that can be produced, but we can rely on what Brian reassures us is in all the textbooks, even if he can't produce it?

When have you ever asked a Muslim a difficult question Brian? When we last had this discussion it turned out you were fond of asking Muslims to give you meaningless platitudes.

Gawd FD....really.  You ought be the last to point that bone at anyone.  How many was it that Mo massacred in that fable upon which you love to found one of your Muslim bashing memes?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #124 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:18pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:56pm:

When did you last go out and ask Muslims their own opinion, FD?

Absurd!

Brian,

QUESTION;

What is the point of asking the opinion of a group of people, whom you know are bare faced liars ?

A group of people who follow a philosophy, which, as an article of faith, justifies lying to those who do not belong to their religious group ?    !!!!

e.g.
Spokesmen for ISLAM will tell anyone who will listen;

THAT IT IS WRONG, AND THAT IT IS TOTALLY AGAINST ISLAMIC LAW,      TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Here we have another moslem in the UK explaining, who the innocent people are.

---------- >

Please watch this YT...
A UK moslem community leader, speaking in the wake of the London 7/7 bombing;

Quote:

YT
KILLING OF NON-MUSLIMS IS LEGITIMATE

"...when we say innocent people, we mean moslems."

"....[not accepting ISLAM] is a crime against God."
"...If you are a non-moslem, then you are guilty of not believing in God."
"...as a moslem....i must have hatred towards everything which is non-ISLAM."
"...[moslems] allegiance is always with the moslems, so i will never condemn a moslem for what he does."
"...Britain has always been Dar al Harb [the Land of War]"
"...no, i could never condemn a moslem brother, i would never condemn a moslem brother. I will always stand with my moslem brother....whether he is an oppresser or the oppressed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHSOB2RFm4

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #125 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 11:07pm

They all knew!

Quote:
Quote:
Famous photographer Margaret Burke-White arrived at Buchenwald on the 15th of April, just as a procession of German townspeople entered the camp, according to the Buchenwald Report. Her shot of a German woman, wearing walking shoes and her Sunday dress, hiding her eyes in shame, was one of several that were published in Life magazine.

Quote:
"We didn't know." This was what the German civilian population would say over and over again about the concentration camps in the coming months. The American army was determined that the ordinary German people should see the depths of depravity to which their Nazis leaders had sunk.

https://www.scrapbookpages.com/Buchenwald/Exhibits.html

Quote:
Quote:
According to Peter Wyden, in his book "The Hitler Virus," a few of the Dachau notables, who were forced to view the corpses, fainted. Some cried and many shook their heads. Most of them turned away, eager to avoid the scene. Afterwards, they were heard to whisper, "Unglaublich!" (Unbelievable.) The Dachauers could not understand how the prisoners could have starved to death since the townspeople had regularly sent food packages to the camp.

Quote:
The practice of bringing German civilians from nearby towns to the concentration camps after they were liberated was started by General Walton Walker who ordered the Mayor of the town of Ohrdruf and his wife to visit the Ohrdruf labor camp after it was discovered by American troops on April 4, 1945. After their visit, the Mayor and his wife returned home and killed themselves.

https://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/DachauLiberation/aftermath03.html

https://www.scrapbookpages.com/sitemap.html

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #126 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 11:30pm

Setlanta appears to have answered your question for me, FD.

Quote:
When have you ever asked a Muslim a difficult question Brian? When we last had this discussion it turned out you were fond of asking Muslims to give you meaningless platitudes. You even found out what Malaysian Muslims really think by an inexplicable osmotic process, which allowed you to reassure us that the people who actually conducted surveys of what they think got it wrong. Do you recall trying to pass off the Pew institute as a right wing propaganda vehicle?

FD, when have you EVER asked Muslims their opinion about ANYTHING?  Ever?  Would you even listen to what they had to say or be like Yadda and assume they were all, automatically, liars?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #127 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:19am

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:58pm:
Bill Cosby, the rapist?  Oh, god, you really do enjoy looking like a fool, don't you, Valkie?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Shooting the messenger?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #128 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:21am

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 11:30pm:

Did you read them?

Edit: They didn't know Brian. Muslims do know, it's on mass media, internet, wherever you look. Something German citz did not have available to them. Would you agree?

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:55am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #129 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 1:40am

Religion is what we had before we understood mental illness.

"Samuel a bush talked to me, a flaming bush talked to me"

"Brilliant what did the bush say? Let's all live our lives by what the bush said"

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #130 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 1:46am

FD, when have you EVER asked Muslims their opinion about ANYTHING?  Ever?

Would you even listen to what they had to say or be like Yadda and assume they were all, automatically, liars?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Brian,

You present yourself on this forum, as though you are an 'educated' man.

QUESTION;

Why are you behaving like you are a    mo ron ?

Dictionary
mo ron = = a stupid person.

Why are you behaving as though you believe that all moslems are NOT lying to non-moslems ?

And why are you behaving as though all moslems are NOT misrepresenting the character of ISLAM, to non-moslems ?

Brian,

QUESTION;

Do you really believe, that a person who is devout enough to insist that he is a moslem, has absolutely no knowledge of what the doctrines and tenets of ISLAM are ?

Brian,

Mainstream ISLAMIC doctrines teach moslems to have hidden contempt and to have a concealed utter hatred for all persons who are not moslems.

Brian,

Perhaps you believe that moronic behaviour is contagious,          and that we too, are going to believe, what you want us to believe,            because you want us to believe it ?

THE TRUTH

Moslems, are not 'nice' people.

Why so ?

------- >

Moslems            willingly follow a philosophy which preaches hostility, deceit and a justification of murderous violence,      towards those persons who reject ISLAM.

....FOR THE SLOW LEARNERS....WATCH THE WHOLE OF THIS SHORT YT VIDEO

----------- >

Quote:

"You're never too young to be a soldier of Kalifah."

Watch a group of moslem children, being coached by moslem adults, to hate Australia, and Australians,
......HERE, WITHIN AUSTRALIA.       !!!!

------------- >

Muslims brainwash children in Australia
  -------- >   goto 43 sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krk5piUzp1E

Google;
stealth jihad, definition

IMAGE...

Sheikh Yassir al-Burhami

Quote:

How Circumstance Dictates Islamic Behavior
January 18, 2012

Preach Peace When Weak, Wage War When Strong

"...all notions of peace with non-Muslims are based on circumstance.

When Muslims are weak, they should be peaceful; when strong, they should go on the offensive."

Sheikh Yassir al-Burhami - an ISLAMIC scholar and Egyptian Salafi leader
http://www.raymondibrahim.com/from-the-arab-world/how-circumstance-dictates-isla...

and.....

Quote:

Live in peace till strong enough to wage jihad, says UK Deoband scholar to Muslims

London, Sept.8 [2007]

A Deobandi scholar believes Muslims should preach peace till they are strong enough to undertake a jihad, or a holy war.

Justice Muhammad Taqi Usmani was quoted by the BBC as saying that Muslims should live peacefully in countries such as Britain, where they have the freedom to practise Islam, only until they gain enough power to engage in battle.

A former Sharia judge in Pakistan's Supreme Court, 64-year-old Usmani, is...a regular visitor to Britain.
Polite and softly spoken....

He agreed that it was wrong to suggest that the entire non-Muslim world was intent on destroying Islam, but justifies an aggressive military jihad as a means of establishing global Islamic supremacy.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article2409833.ece

AGAIN.....

Denying that fact [that mainstream ISLAM sanctions and encourages utter hatred of all non-moslems], won't make it untrue.

EXAMINE THE PURPOSEFUL, CRUEL AND EVIL MOSLEM HATRED AND INTENT, TOWARDS ALL NON-MOSELMS.

------------ >

Quote:

Cleric preaches that violence is part of Islam

01/05/2007

In documents seen by The Daily Telegraph, al-Muhajiroun claimed: "Terrorism is a part of Islam" and "Allah made it obligatory to prepare and to terrify the enemy of Allah".

The article advised: "The kuffar of USA and UK are without doubt our enemy.

There is no such thing as an innocent kafir, innocence is only applicable for the Muslims.

Not only is it obligatory to fight them, it is haram [forbidden] to feel sorry for them."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1550211/Cleric-preaches-that-violence-is-...

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #131 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 2:40am

Probably because of views like yours, Yadda. They're enough to make most sane men baulk.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #132 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 7:07am

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:58pm:

So again.

No answer to the truth, so attack people personally.

Pathetic peasant, apologist.

Why do you continually protect the likes of this primitive, brutal, violent , sick , twisted, pedophile loving , CULT??

What is in it for you?

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #133 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 8:19am

Setanta wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 2:40am:

Probably because of views like yours, Yadda.

They're enough to make most sane men baulk.

Setanta,

You too ?

You think that the words that i speak about the real intentions of moslems,           ...are all false, and are simply a slander against all moslems and many 'good' moslems ?

You think that when spokesmen for the moslem community in Australia give Australians reassurances about their peaceful intentions, and assure us of their desire to live peacefully in Australia,
....that we can all breath a sigh of relief ?

Is that what you really, really believe ?

Setanta,

People like this [and what they themselves are saying],         are a figment of my imagination ???

----------- >

What Normal Muslims Think - And Europe Fails to Understand
  -------- >   goto 41 sec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIK8bfeLXSw

"WAR IS DECEIT"

- Mohammed

--------- >

Google;

isis urges uk jihadis to cut beards, shun mosques

isis advises don't look like muslim

pretend to be christian: isis handbook tells muslims

Quote:
July 28, 2006
Islamic Dictionary for Infidels

...Robert Spencer, ..."Religious deception of unbelievers is indeed taught by the Qur'an itself:

"Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers. If any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution, that ye may guard yourselves from them"
(Qur'an 3:28).

In other words, don't make friends with unbelievers except to "guard yourselves from them": pretend to be their friends so that you can strengthen yourself against them. The distinguished Qur'anic commentator Ibn Kathir explains that this verse teaches that if "believers who in some areas or times fear for their safety from the disbelievers," they may "show friendship to the disbelievers outwardly, but never inwardly."
Google

"....take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends....
......he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them."
Koran 5.51

"O ye who believe! Take not my enemies and yours as friends (or protectors),- offering them (your) love,..."
Koran 60.1

Google;
we smile to the face "while our hearts curse them"

Quote:

Taqiyya

Speaking is a means to achieve objectives. If a praiseworthy aim is attainable through both telling the truth and lying, it is unlawful to accomplish it through lying because there is no need for it. When it is possible to achieve such an aim by lying but not by telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if attaining the goal is permissible..., and obligatory to lie if the goal is obligatory. ...One should compare the bad consequences entailed by lying to those entailed by telling the truth, and if the consequences of telling the truth are more damaging, one is entitled to lie…”

google

Google;
taqiyya - the muslim doctrine of deceit

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #134 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:27pm

Valkie wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:28pm:

8% are radicalised? Why aren't we dead yet? That's about 100,000,000 people. If that percentage was in Australia that's about the same as the active personnel of the Australian Army.

It's a wonder we infidels are still breathing.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #135 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:24pm

Quote:

FD, when have you EVER asked Muslims their opinion about ANYTHING?  Ever?  Would you even listen to what they had to say or be like Yadda and assume they were all, automatically, liars?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

His evidence says they did not know Brian. So on the one hand we have Nazis, who did not know about the final solution, who for some reason you hate. On the other, we have Muslims who know about Muhammed's genocide and who fully support it, who you feel compelled to constantly defend.

Brian do you think Muslims should get a free pass on supporting genocide because they built a religion around it?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #136 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:37pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:21am:

Did you read them?

Edit: They didn't know Brian. Muslims do know, it's on mass media, internet, wherever you look. Something German citz did not have available to them. Would you agree?

To a certain extent, yes, you're correct, Setlanta.  However, everybody knew that Jews were being rounded up and shipped off in cattle trucks and the cattle trucks came back empty.   Only a fool would believe that the Jews were going to a green and pleasant land, when it was obvious that something foul was afoot in the death camps.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #137 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:39pm

freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:24pm:

Quote:

His evidence says they did not know Brian. So on the one hand we have Nazis, who did not know about the final solution, who for some reason you hate. On the other, we have Muslims who know about Muhammed's genocide and who fully support it, who you feel compelled to constantly defend.

You keep using that adjective, FD.  I have never expressed hatred towards Nazis.  Dislike, yes but never hatred.   So, please, stop misrepresenting my views, particularly now I have made you well aware of what they are WRT to Nazis.

Quote:
Brian do you think Muslims should get a free pass on supporting genocide because they built a religion around it?

Do you think all Muslims supported Genocide?  Really?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #138 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:50pm

Have you ever met one who doesn't? This is another one of those questions you steadfastly avoid asking Muslims in case you don't like the answer.

Quote:
However, everybody knew that Jews were being rounded up and shipped off in cattle trucks and the cattle trucks came back empty.

Cattle trucks eh? Was this in the textbook also?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #139 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:59pm

freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:50pm:
Have you ever met one who doesn't? This is another one of those questions you steadfastly avoid asking Muslims in case you don't like the answer.

Quote:
However, everybody knew that Jews were being rounded up and shipped off in cattle trucks and the cattle trucks came back empty.

FD, Ima not gonna read all of went on in this Thread.  I'll start here.  Are you a holocaust denier?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #140 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:07pm

Raven wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:27pm:

8% are radicalised?

Why aren't we dead yet?

That's about 100,000,000 people.

If that percentage was in Australia that's about the same as the active personnel of the Australian Army.

Imagine an Australia with not one single moslem,         living among us,      here in Australia.

Quote:

"People shouldn't have to drop their cultures and traditions when they arrive in our cities and countries."

- Sadiq Khan

ISLAMIC culture ?

The 'ISLAMIC culture' which Sadiq Khan says, moslems should be free to promote and foster in the West,
               .....is the very same ISLAMIC culture which encouraged Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar, to murder Australian Curtis Cheng].

i.e.
Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar committed that atrocity against an un-armed Australian because Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar was 'rightly offended' by Australian culture.

Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar....was offended, by the Australian culture,             ....which rejected the imperatives of ISLAMIC culture!

IMAGE...

Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar outside Parramatta police headquarters

JUST REMEMBER THAT;

These moslems did not do anything wrong, and they did not do anything illegal - by ISLAMIC law.

--------- >

MOSLEM 'YOUTH' IN AUSTRALIA FOLLOWING MOHAMMED'S EXAMPLE

---------- >

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-09/police-say-two-girls-gang-raped-at-fairfie...
2014-04-09
Quote:

Two schoolgirls gang-raped at Fairfield after meeting three men on Sydney train, police say
By police reporter Lucy Carter

Updated 1 hour 18 minutes ago

Two schoolgirls have been gang-raped by three men in broad daylight in Sydney's south west, police say, and there are fears the men could strike again.

According to police, the girls, both 16, skipped school in the Blacktown area to go shopping at Castle Hill.

....Superintendent Peter Lennon says they asked three men for directions and were told they would be shown to a bus terminal.

"The girls were lost, they were trying to get some help," Superintendent Lennon said.

"Unfortunately they were coaxed by these young men into coming to Fairfield - way, way off track of where they wanted to go."

......Superintendent Lennon the men had been described as being of "Middle Eastern Mediterranean" appearance.

The first male is described as being aged between 19 and 21 with a dark complexion, about 178cm tall, and with a thin build and dark hair.

Now, imagine,       .....if not one single moslem, lived among us, here in Australia!

JUST IMAGINE THAT........

IMAGINE.....

No Man Haron Monis in Australia,       no Lindt Cafe atrocity,      no policemen getting stabbed by a 'troubled' moslem 'youth',      no Parramata shooting, and no murder of Australian Curtis Cheng,     etc, etc.

We would not have moslem crime gangs manufacturing and selling 'ice' on our streets,         and we  would not have moslem crime gangs trying to assassinate their 'competition' on our streets, using illicit Glock pistols.

JUST IMAGINE THAT........

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:14pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #141 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:10pm

Quote:

Quote:
Deportation and transportation to camps often took days. Individuals, families and whole communities together with their personal belongings were packed into cattle trucks. They were locked in and transported for days.

[Source]

Quote:
The fully enclosed nature of the locked and windowless cattle wagons greatly reduced the number and skill of troops required to transport the condemned Jews to their destinations.

[...]
Quote:
The standard means of delivery was a 10 metre long cattle freight wagon,

[Source]

Quote:
After a time we again started marching. In the evening we reached the railway station at Belszic, where cattle trucks were waiting. A hundred people were squeezed into each. After waiting for a few hours the cattle trucks started moving. We did not know where we were being taken.

[[https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/09/holocaust-jewish-transports-concentration-camps]Source]]

You are welcome to do a Google search yourself FD.  You may find it illuminating to acquaint yourself with the reality.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #142 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:10pm

DON'T GIVE MOSLEMS AND THEIR APOLOGISTS A 'FREE KICK',

BY ENGAGING IN LAWLESSNESS, OR BY ENGAGING VIOLENT AND ILLEGAL ACTS.

Be smart.

Be righteous.

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1409991405/8#8
Quote:

Promoting and encouraging violent and unlawful acts is illegal.

We live in a country in which the people supposedly respect the rule of law.

Without widespread respect for the law of the land, we [our Australian society] would descend into being like Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Somalia, etc, etc - which is exactly what moslems are trying to achieve.

Moslems want to destroy all of the institutions in Australia, which help to maintain a peaceful and functioning society.

SUGGESTION;
If you live in Australia and you don't like what ISLAM promotes
         then you should contact your federal parliamentary representative - EXPLAIN TO HIM/HER WHY YOU DO NOT LIKE ISLAM AND MOSLEMS - and encourage your federal parliamentary representative to try to get ISLAM lawfully declared a proscribed [banned] group in Australia.

Act within the law.

Otherwise we are no better than moslems.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #143 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:37pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:21am:

Did you read them?

To a certain extent, yes, you're correct, Setlanta.  However, everybody knew that Jews were being rounded up and shipped off in cattle trucks and the cattle trucks came back empty.   Only a fool would believe that the Jews were going to a green and pleasant land, when it was obvious that something foul was afoot in the death camps.   Roll Eyes

I'm not getting involved to the level some do but I'll always point out something I know to be false, Germans did not know what was being done in their name, hence decades of shame when it was exposed. I know a few Muslims and they are good people, their religion is another matter. Actually I take the same view with all religion, not a fan at all. People I take as they come.<-leave that one alone Greg and Bobby! Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #144 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 1:07am

For you Yadda. I hope you find the meaning you seek.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #145 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 9:00pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 10th, 2016 at 1:07am:

Thanks Setanta.

Q.
Was John Lennon one of your 'idols' in this life ?

And if he was, then,       why would you choose to idolise him ?

John Lennon = = A self-indulgent hedonist who sang about teenage self-indulgent passion, about peace and about pacifism.

But above all, he was self-indulgent hedonist, who meddled with psychotropic drugs.

No ?

Q.
What did John Lennon achieve ?

A.
The adoration of a lot of     soft-in-the-head    wanna-be      self-indulgent hedonists ???

Harsh ?

Q.
Again, what is it, that you believe that John Lennon achieved in life ?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #146 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 9:09pm

Yadda wrote on Dec 10th, 2016 at 9:00pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 10th, 2016 at 1:07am:

Thanks Setanta.

Q.
Was John Lennon one of your 'idols' in this life ?

And if he was, then,       why would you choose to idolise him ?

John Lennon = = A self-indulgent hedonist who sang about teenage self-indulgent passion, about peace and about pacifism.

But above all, he was self-indulgent hedonist, who meddled with psychotropic drugs.

No ?

Q.
What did John Lennon achieve ?

A.
The adoration of a lot of     soft-in-the-head    wanna-be      self-indulgent hedonists ???

Harsh ?

Q.
Again, what is it, that you believe that John Lennon achieved in life ?

I don't have heroes or idols. There are people that I admire for what they accomplished. When I have been asked this question my answer is someone like Douglas Bader, someone that takes adversity and rips it a new one.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #147 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 7:49am

Raven wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:27pm:
Valkie wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:28pm:

8% are radicalised? Why aren't we dead yet? That's about 100,000,000 people. If that percentage was in Australia that's about the same as the active personnel of the Australian Army.

Ill tell you why.

Its very simple.

They are cowards and deceitful people.
Once they have enough of them, then the tide will turn.

Look at the examples in France, Germany, Sweden and even England.
Once they have the numbers they start getting more and more demanding.
They start to be more and more radicalized.
They start being more and more violent.

This is how this cult works.

Just like Aids, it puts forward an appearance that it is benign, and once it has enough, it attacks its host.

And just like the disease it is it eventually destroys the host.
Leaving a shell of festering decay, just like every single Muslim run country on the planet.
Every one living in fear and loathing of the leaders who are continually fighting for power.

It is a blight, a disease, a plague on mankind.
One that needs to be eliminated before it destroys our culture and planet.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #148 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 8:02am

THE TRUE FACE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC INQUISITION --
ROTTEN SPIRITUAL FRUIT FROM THE ABYSS OF HELL

Since history books have been largely rewritten, few people know specific details of this murderous campaign that lasted over 1,200 years, killing 75 million people. But, once you understand the unprecedented horrors of the Inquisition, you will never look at Roman Catholicism the same way again.

The Roman Catholic Inquisition was one of the greatest disasters ever to befall mankind. In the name of Jesus Christ, Catholic priests mounted an enormous effort to kill all "heretics" in Europe and Britain. Heretics is defined whichever way Rome wanted it defined; it ranged from people who disagreed with official policy, to Hermetic Philosophers [Black Magick Practitioners], to Jews, to Witches, and to the Protestant reformers.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n1676.cfm

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #149 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 8:31am

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:10pm:

Quote:

http://www.theholocaustexplained.org/public/cms/70/92/139/243/fUCeqj_web.jpg

Quote:
Deportation and transportation to camps often took days. Individuals, families and whole communities together with their personal belongings were packed into cattle trucks. They were locked in and transported for days.

[Source]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Umschlagplatz_loading....

Quote:
The fully enclosed nature of the locked and windowless cattle wagons greatly reduced the number and skill of troops required to transport the condemned Jews to their destinations.

[...]
Quote:

[Source]

Quote:
After a time we again started marching. In the evening we reached the railway station at Belszic, where cattle trucks were waiting. A hundred people were squeezed into each. After waiting for a few hours the cattle trucks started moving. We did not know where we were being taken.

[[https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/09/holocaust-jewish-transports-concentration-camps]Source]]

You are welcome to do a Google search yourself FD.  You may find it illuminating to acquaint yourself with the reality.   Roll Eyes

See, that wasn't so hard Brian. Now, where is the bit about "they all knew"?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #150 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 1:28pm

freediver wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 8:31am:

Quote:

Quote:

[Source]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Umschlagplatz_loading....

Quote:

[...]
Quote:

[Source]

Quote:

Is that an apology, FD?  Afterall, you appear to be admitting that you got it wrong on the broad stream use of cattle trucks to transport the Jews to the death camps...   Roll Eyes

As to how much was known by Germans, do a Google Search, FD.  You might find it illuminating.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #151 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 1:32pm

Completely off the subject.............WELL DONE LEFTARDS, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #152 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 1:34pm

Valkie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 1:32pm:
Completely off the subject.............WELL DONE LEFTARDS, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN.

What?  No contribution acknowledged from the Rightards who took us off the subject in the first place?  You really do wear an eye-patch, don't you, Valkie?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #153 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 2:02pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 1:34pm:

What?  No contribution acknowledged from the Rightards who took us off the subject in the first place?  You really do wear an eye-patch, don't you, Valkie?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't need an eye patch, I see how leftards work, and its not good.

Now either get back on the subject or get lost.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #154 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 2:19pm

Valkie wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 2:02pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 1:34pm:

Don't need an eye patch, I see how leftards work, and its not good.

Now either get back on the subject or get lost.

The thread goes where it goes, Valkie.  You have no authority over me or anybody else.  Is FD a "leftard" BTW?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #155 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 6:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 1:28pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 8:31am:

Quote:

Quote:

[Source]

Quote:

[...]
Quote:

[Source]

Quote:

Is that an apology, FD?  Afterall, you appear to be admitting that you got it wrong on the broad stream use of cattle trucks to transport the Jews to the death camps...   Roll Eyes

As to how much was known by Germans, do a Google Search, FD.  You might find it illuminating.   Roll Eyes

You said they all knew, in a vain attempt to distinguish them from Muslims who somehow don't know what Muhammed got up to. Then when asked to back this up, you said it was in all the textbooks but you couldn't possibly present it here. But then when it comes to a detail like mistaking cattle trains for trucks, you will go to no end to back yourself up.

Why is it you are willing to lie about Germans to support your hatred of them, but Muslims get a free pass on supporting genocide. Is it just because Islam is a religion and Nazism isn't?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print