Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Send Topic Print
Religion: force for good or evil? (Read 7802 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Religion: force for good or evil?
Reply #105 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:35pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 6:57pm:
And what about Nazis? The majority of them did not gas Jews. They just want decent trains, like the rest of us.

The majority supported the "Final Solution".  Care to point to me where the majority of Muslims support ISIS?   Roll Eyes

How do you know that Brian? Why do you hate Nazis so much?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #106 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:55pm

freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:51pm:
And what about Nazis? The majority of them did not gas Jews. They just want decent trains, like the rest of us.

The majority supported the "Final Solution".  Care to point to me where the majority of Muslims support ISIS?   Roll Eyes

How does he know, what?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #107 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:37am

The majority supported the "Final Solution". 

Source?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #108 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:44am

Aussie wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 9:55pm:

How does he know, what?

That the majority supported the Final Solution even though it wasn't thought of until the war had already started. Did they conduct a poll of the German people while Poland, Belgium, Holland and Norway were being invaded?

Brian is saying that's what happened. Some sort of plebiscite or referendum asking the people if they support gassing Jews and sundry others. "Tick the box YES or NO. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a Nice Day".

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #109 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:10am

Yadda wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 7:34pm:
Raven wrote on Dec 6th, 2016 at 1:13pm:
Yadda wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:51pm:
Raven wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:38am:

But to make a good man do evil things, all that takes religion.

No Raven.

Just an inherent        HATRED      for truth.

Which truth Yadda?

There are so many different variations, KJV, NIV. One of the oldest biblical manuscripts,

the so called Sinai Bible has thousands of differences compared to KJV.

Which truth are you talking about?

.....there is a lot of hard evidence,       that the Old Testament document that we have today, has been faithfully preserved over time.

How so ?

Google;
the Dead Sea Scrolls give substantial confirmation that the Old Testament has been accurately preserved over time.

e.g.
Quote:

The Dead Sea Scrolls play a crucial role in assessing the accurate preservation of the Old Testament. With its hundreds of manuscripts from every book except Esther, detailed comparisons can be made with more recent texts.

The Old Testament that we use today is translated from what is called the Masoretic Text. The Masoretes were Jewish scholars who between A.D. 500 and 950 gave the Old Testament the form that we use today. Until the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in 1947, the oldest Hebrew text of the Old Testament was the Masoretic Aleppo Codex which dates to A.D. 935.{5}

With the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, we now had manuscripts that predated the Masoretic Text by about one thousand years. Scholars were anxious to see how the Dead Sea documents would match up with the Masoretic Text. If a significant amount of differences were found, we could conclude that our Old Testament Text had not been well preserved. Critics, along with religious groups such as Muslims and Mormons, often make the claim that the present day Old Testament has been corrupted and is not well preserved. According to these religious groups, this would explain the contradictions between the Old Testament and their religious teachings.

After years of careful study, it has been concluded that the Dead Sea Scrolls give substantial confirmation that our Old Testament has been accurately preserved. The scrolls were found to be almost identical with the Masoretic text. Hebrew Scholar Millar Burrows writes, “It is a matter of wonder that through something like one thousand years the text underwent so little alteration. As I said in my first article on the scroll, ‘Herein lies its chief importance, supporting the fidelity of the Masoretic tradition.'”{6}

A significant comparison study was conducted with the Isaiah Scroll written around 100 B.C. that was found among the Dead Sea documents and the book of Isaiah found in the Masoretic text. After much research, scholars found that the two texts were practically identical. Most variants were minor spelling differences, and none affected the meaning of the text.

https://www.probe.org/the-dead-sea-scrolls/

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #110 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:16am

I stated earlier in this thread that.

The Bible, Koran, Tora and any other book written by man is tainted by man.

Ideas, cultural and time in history will influence any and all text and its understanding.
Political machinations, greed, lust for power and just plain stupidity has changed and altered much of the texts and teachings that were originally written.
And even then, the books were written, not by those who were actually there, but by men who through word of mouth and passed down stories.

However, the overall intent of these teachings is and always will be relevant, assuming one has the capacity to sort the wheat from the chaff, and the good books can be used as a life guide.

Only idiots and those without the capacity for understanding take these books literally, we no longer live in the 2nd, 10th or 16th century, and many of the things written have been and still are misinterpreted to this day.

But an overview of these teachings reveal that some things are ever unchanging.
Evil is evil.
God is just.
mankind should be good to mankind
And we are inferior to God.

If we lived simply and loved all and everyone, this life would be true heaven on earth.
But Greed, lust, lust for power and the belief that one is better than another is the evil on this planet.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #111 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:54pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:44am:

How does he know, what?

That the majority supported the Final Solution even though it wasn't thought of until the war had already started. Did they conduct a poll of the German people while Poland, Belgium, Holland and Norway were being invaded?

Brian is saying that's what happened. Some sort of plebiscite or referendum asking the people if they support gassing Jews and sundry others. "Tick the box YES or NO. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a Nice Day".

Brian tries desperately to divert any discussion of Islam or Muslims away from the elephant in the room - Islam. Hence his constant bleating that Muslims are no different to anyone else, implying that the fact that they believe in Islam does not alter their views or actions. Of course, he knows this to be a lie so will not actually say it, so we get this absurd tiptoeing around the issue, with Brian running away when he can no longer avoid it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #112 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:58pm

Who said I hated them, FD?

Dislike would be a better word.  I dislike them because of their worshipping of the Cult of the Personality, their racism and bigotry and their desire to dominate others.  Hatred is too strong a word.

Tell me, why do you hate Muslims so much?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #113 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:59pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:37am:

Source?

History books.  How many spoke out or organised against it, Herbie?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #114 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:02pm

freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:54pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:44am:

How does he know, what?

Brian tries desperately to divert any discussion of Islam or Muslims away from the elephant in the room - Islam. Hence his constant bleating that Muslims are no different to anyone else, implying that the fact that they believe in Islam does not alter their views or actions. Of course, he knows this to be a lie so will not actually say it, so we get this absurd tiptoeing around the issue, with Brian running away when he can no longer avoid it.

You really have no idea what Islam is or isn't, FD.  I don't attempt anything, what I do is make comparisons between the religion of Islam and other religious denominations and their histories, to show the similarities which existed.   There is essentially no difference between how Islam has come to dominate the Muslim world and how Christianity has come to dominate the Christian world.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #115 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:58pm:

Tell me, why do you hate Muslims so much?  Mmmm?

Brian,

Before anyone answers that, why don't you tell us all,      ...
what is a moslem ?

e.g.
What relationship does a moslem have to Mohammed ?

Does a moslem [every moslem] have reverence for Mohammed, and have reverence for the good deeds of Mohammed ?

And if yes, then tell us;

What is it, about Mohammed and his life, that the moslem finds so praiseworthy ?

Does a moslem reverence the Koran ?

Does a moslem believe that the contents of the Koran are the direct words of Allah, and that the contents of the Koran are inerrant ?

Does a moslem believe that the Koran should be the guide for how every moslem should conduct his life [e.g. being a guide to the moslem, in his relationships towards those who are not moslems] ?

Brian,

You ask;

"Tell me, why do you hate Muslims so much?"

Tell me, Brian, what is especially praiseworthy [to you], about a person who is a follower of ISLAM ?

Brian,

Q.
Why would i want to be a friend or defender,                of a person who is a defender and follower of a philosophy, which praises people who are essentially all wanna-be homicidal maniacs ?

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1431117115/1#1
Quote:

"every moslem in Australia is a latent, wanna-be homicidal maniac"

- Yadda

QUESTION;
What about the innocent moslems ?

IMO, [logically] there are no innocent moslems [among persons who have come to the age of consent], and yet still declare themselves to be moslems.

How so [logically] ?

QUESTION;
How credible is it that a person who is devout enough to insist that he is a moslem, is unaware of what ISLAM promotes, and is unaware of what the principle tenets of ISLAM are ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],      ...to a philosophy which transforms human beings, into homicidal maniacs ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],     ...to a philosophy which claims that murdering, in the cause of religious bigotry, is a religious virtue ?

CRIMINAL INTENT, IN THE MOSLEM HEART
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1252898491/0#0
Quote:

Every moslem in Australia [and indeed, every moslem on the planet], by self declaring as a moslem, is self declaring a criminal intent [by our laws] against local non-moslems.

ISLAM is a criminal compact among moslems, to wage a violent 'religious' war against non-moslems ['disbelievers'].

.....Basically, fundamentally, all ISLAMIC doctrine translates as enmity, and encourages [criminal] violence, towards ALL non-moslems.

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:36pm by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #116 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:59pm:

Source?

History books.  How many spoke out or organised against it, Herbie?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

How many Australian Muslims have spoken out against ISIS? Probably less than the number who have died fighting for the enemy. And that is in the context of a liberal society that otherwise recognises ISIS for what it is - pretty much the opposite situation to that of a German who might want to speak out against Hitler while he was in power.

BTW, what history books? You are making poo up again Brian.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:38pm

freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:24pm:

Source?

How many Australian Muslims have spoken out against ISIS? Probably less than the number who have died fighting for the enemy. And that is in the context of a liberal society that otherwise recognises ISIS for what it is - pretty much the opposite situation to that of a German who might want to speak out against Hitler while he was in power.

I think the Brian Ross doctrine of if not many speak out against it then the majority must support it is about to bite Brian badly.

Not as much as his inability to criticise or condemn Islam, that was a beauty of a reveal.  Smiley

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #118 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:09pm

Secret Wars wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:38pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 7:24pm:

Source?

I think the Brian Ross doctrine of if not many speak out against it then the majority must support it is about to bite Brian badly.

Not as much as his inability to criticise or condemn Islam, that was a beauty of a reveal.  Smiley

If you really pester him he will saying something on the negative side of neutral about Islam, but will carefully couch it with equal criticism of Christianity, in case someone mistakes him for a bigot.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #119 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:28pm

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Send Topic Print