Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kids' TV news segments (Read 720 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Kids' TV news segments
Dec 4th, 2016 at 10:59am

It's time, way past time, that the cleaners were put through these "news" segments on channels like ABC 22 & 23, and there's a commercial one too that I can't recall just now.

The presenters on these shows are teenagers themselves or very young adults and, as you would expect, being young, are of a left wing persuasion.
And so is the slant they put in their comments when delivering the news segments to kids.

Only fair that a balanced panel, if you could find such a thing in the ABC, be given the remit to oversee these comments before they are aired.

After all, we don't just want one side of the political debate to presented to kids as the truth . . . .do we?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Kids' TV news segments
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 11:19am

The problem is that you can't have news programs aimed at kids that demonize gays, Muslims, welfare recipients, aboriginals, feminists etc etc while glorifying money, greed and materialism and that is pretty much all the right wing stand for. Not many parents are going to let their kids watch that.

The ABC charter, which is enshrined in legislation,  is that it must reflect the diversity of Australia and that doesn't include attacking minority groups. If you view this as "left wing" then you should lobby your politicians to change the ABC charter. 

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 12:56pm

That's an unbalanced post and you don't even have the excuse that you're a teenager.

What about, for example, the coverage they gave to the Trump campaign? No balance there at all. It could have been the sick people at CNN running it.
So now we have Trump as President of our biggest ally and our kids have been brainwashed to think it's a disaster for the world.

And BTW, anyone who imagines that Islam doesn't represent a threat to our way of life probably needs to return to preschool himself.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 1:18pm

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 12:56pm:
That's an unbalanced post and you don't even have the excuse that you're a teenager.

What about, for example, the coverage they gave to the Trump campaign? No balance there at all. It could have been the sick people at CNN running it.
So now we have Trump as President of our biggest ally and our kids have been brainwashed to think it's a disaster for the world.

And BTW, anyone who imagines that Islam doesn't represent a threat to our way of life probably needs to return to preschool himself.

I don't know the 'news segments' you're talking of Bogarde, but I do believe our kids and young people are being manipulated by the left. "Harmony Day". "R U Ok Day or do you need a Safe Room with play dough and kinetic sand." Climate change science. In the latter example perhaps we could just teach them hard science, and let them make up their own mind about climate.

It's for parents to teach their children about values and morals. If you believe in Christian values, fine: send them to a Christian school and take them to church. Parents call.

What we have at the moment are leftwing dominated institutions preaching doctrine to small children. Children think in a concrete fashion: if an adult says it, it must be true.

I also object to my grade 6 boy having the pants scared off him about climate change. For gods sake, let children be children.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 1:22pm

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 10:59am:
when delivering the news segments to kids

what news segments are being targeted to kids? Are you making sh1t up again?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 1:48pm

What about, for example, the coverage they gave to the Trump campaign? No balance there at all.

Even the conservative media were against Trump so you can't use that as an example of alleged bias.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 2:13pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
What about, for example, the coverage they gave to the Trump campaign? No balance there at all.

Even the conservative media were against Trump so you can't use that as an example of alleged bias.

One would expect your much loved ABC, which you and your like are continually praising as infinitely balanced, to make sure they didn't go down the toilet route of the US mainstream media and viscerally attempt to destroy one side in the political debate. Especially when they are delivering news to our kids on their kids' programs.

I ask again - we do want our kids to be presented with a balanced commentary on the news . . . don't we????

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 2:24pm

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 2:13pm:
One would expect your much loved ABC, which you and your like are continually praising as infinitely balanced, to make sure they didn't go down the toilet route of the US mainstream media and viscerally attempt to destroy one side in the political debate.

No, "bias" and "balance" are two different things. If one of the candidates is continually making foolish and bizarre statements then they they should be called out for what they are.

Giving Trump balanced coverage would be like giving Moon landing hoaxers, creationists and 9/11 conspiracy theorists equal weight.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 2:57pm

I also object to my grade 6 boy having the pants scared off him about climate change. For gods sake, let children be children

I wonder if this is the cause of our huge suicide rate

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 3:21pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 1:18pm:
I do believe our kids and young people are being manipulated by the left. "Harmony Day". "R U Ok Day"

That's not about political ideology, that's about treating other people with respect. If you object to these programs then that reflects worse on your own character

Mistress Nicole wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 1:18pm:

I also object to my grade 6 boy having the pants scared off him about climate change. For gods sake, let children be children.

So you do want your kids to have a safe room after all. Science is science, sometimes we don't like it's conclusions

miketrees wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 2:57pm:
I also object to my grade 6 boy having the pants scared off him about climate change. For gods sake, let children be children

I wonder if this is the cause of our huge suicide rate

Are you serious?
That has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2016 at 3:49pm

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen

You need to get out more

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:19am

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 2:24pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Dec 4th, 2016 at 2:13pm:
One would expect your much loved ABC, which you and your like are continually praising as infinitely balanced, to make sure they didn't go down the toilet route of the US mainstream media and viscerally attempt to destroy one side in the political debate.

No, "bias" and "balance" are two different things. If one of the candidates is continually making foolish and bizarre statements then they they should be called out for what they are.

Giving Trump balanced coverage would be like giving Moon landing hoaxers, creationists and 9/11 conspiracy theorists equal weight.

Well, I have sat with my grandson and watched some of these news segments and all I see is a continuous spoon feed of leftist ideology. It's sickening and scary that kids are manipulated like this.

Frankly Barnacle you should consider whether your outlook has more in common with the Nazis than with a balanced view of the truth. You seem to be happy to have only one side of any issue forced down people's throats as long as it's your side.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 8:59pm

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:19am:
Well, I have sat with my grandson and watched some of these news segments and all I see is a continuous spoon feed of leftist ideology. It's sickening and scary that kids are manipulated like this.

And yet you have failed to give any actual examples of this leftist ideology.

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 5th, 2016 at 6:19am:
Frankly Barnacle you should consider whether your outlook has more in common with the Nazis than with a balanced view of the truth. You seem to be happy to have only one side of any issue forced down people's throats as long as it's your side.

I haven't called for any news agencies to be closed down which is in contrast to the daily campaign against the ABC by the Murdoch media and their right wing cheer squad.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print