Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sydney girl divorces parents...... (Read 608 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Sydney girl divorces parents......
Dec 3rd, 2016 at 12:41pm

Sydney girl 'divorces' parents to
avoid forced marriage in Pakistan

A Sydney girl used Legal Aid to "divorce" her parents so she could escape an arranged marriage in Pakistan, prompting high-level talks among government agencies.

The 15-year-old, known only as Ayesha, was beaten by her mother and has been deemed a “shining light” for other children wanting to escape the “despicable practice”.

The teenager has become the first "ward of the court" and her successful application has lead to high-level talks among top government agencies, the Saturday Telegraph reported.

Ayesha moved to Australia to live with her mother and stepfather.

On a trip to Pakistan, her mother pressured her to marry and when the teenager refused to, her mother beat her and took her passport.

She was left stranded in the country and got into contact with Legal Aid who assisted Ayesha in returning to Australia.

They helped her "obtain orders" to stop her from being deported from Australia to be married.

Family and Community Services (FACS) declined to help and Legal Aid helped her to divorce her parents in the NSW Supreme Court in March 2015.

She become a ward of the court and FACS then filed an application in the Children’s Court to take the teenager into care.

FACS Brad Hazzard said the brave teenager rallied against the “darkness” of arranged marriages.

“This girl’s courage was a shining light which will send a clear message to other kids (that) you can stand up to the despicable old ways of forced marriage," he told the newspaper.

The Australian Federal Police, the Immigration Department and child protection agencies are now looking at ways to improve their responses to these cases so vulnerable children won't need to resort to "divorcing" their parents.

After the agreement was reached in court, Ayesha later decided to return to Pakistan to live with her father but reportedly still wants to attend university in Australia.

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Sydney girl divorces parents......
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 1:25pm

why weren't the parents charged?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 1:32pm

I note that motheaten and tiny pecca have not commented????

Perhaps they are looking for some posters with some suitably dressed woman purported to be saying;

I'M IN A FORCED MARRIAGE AND I LIKE IT!

Forced marriages, takes the hard work out of weddings.

They could even get one written in crayon, FOR THE YOUNG GIRL IN THE PICTURE.

MY HUSDBAND SAYS THAT FRCED MAREGE IS GOOD!

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 1:50pm

$Profit Mo married his favourite wife when she was 6 and had sex with her when she was 9.
sunnah.com/bukhari/67/70

The lyrics in this song nail it with Islamic child brides, "aint gonna follow no child molestor, sex offender, prophet pretender"

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:32pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 12:41pm:
Sydney girl 'divorces' parents to
avoid forced marriage in Pakistan

A Sydney girl used Legal Aid to "divorce" her parents so she could escape an arranged marriage in Pakistan, prompting high-level talks among government agencies.

The 15-year-old, known only as Ayesha, was beaten by her mother and has been deemed a “shining light” for other children wanting to escape the “despicable practice”.

The teenager has become the first "ward of the court" and her successful application has lead to high-level talks among top government agencies, the Saturday Telegraph reported.

Ayesha moved to Australia to live with her mother and stepfather.

On a trip to Pakistan, her mother pressured her to marry and when the teenager refused to, her mother beat her and took her passport.

She was left stranded in the country and got into contact with Legal Aid who assisted Ayesha in returning to Australia.

They helped her "obtain orders" to stop her from being deported from Australia to be married.

Family and Community Services (FACS) declined to help and Legal Aid helped her to divorce her parents in the NSW Supreme Court in March 2015.

She become a ward of the court and FACS then filed an application in the Children’s Court to take the teenager into care.

FACS Brad Hazzard said the brave teenager rallied against the “darkness” of arranged marriages.

“This girl’s courage was a shining light which will send a clear message to other kids (that) you can stand up to the despicable old ways of forced marriage," he told the newspaper.

The Australian Federal Police, the Immigration Department and child protection agencies are now looking at ways to improve their responses to these cases so vulnerable children won't need to resort to "divorcing" their parents.

After the agreement was reached in court, Ayesha later decided to return to Pakistan to live with her father but reportedly still wants to attend university in Australia.

Its an old story but still a good one. The most important thing we can do is advertise that there ARE options available for these girls. Mind you, I think making it a criminal offence to attempt to force a child into an underage marriage even in a foreign country  would help along with a few hefty jail sentences to underline our country's repugnance at such acts.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 6:22pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:32pm:
I think making it a criminal offence to attempt to force a child into an underage marriage even in a foreign country  would help along with a few hefty jail sentences to underline our country's repugnance at such acts.

i thought it was already illegal?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2016 at 7:42pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 6:22pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 4:32pm:
I think making it a criminal offence to attempt to force a child into an underage marriage even in a foreign country  would help along with a few hefty jail sentences to underline our country's repugnance at such acts.

i thought it was already illegal?

Why do you think they make their women wear a burka?

Its hard to tell their age when they are covered from head to toe in a sack.

Islam, the religion of pedophiles.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print