Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: less sugar
Reply #331 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:37am

Gordon wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:30am:
Agnes wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:20am:
I am going vegetarian ( not vegan-too strict) and for me it is a conscience issue.. I still eat fish, and some chicken, but getting there..my daughter is vegan but almost soley for the health aspects ..she feels more energetic, alive and her bf is now is vegan and he is loving he weight loss and health benefits as he plays rugby..they have both stopped smoking as well, as well-

I think meat is really bad for humans ( and of course the animal) so really is a no brainer for me.

Good on you for putting though into your diet. I go.meat free for a few weeks now and again.

Will you consider yourself more ethical than meat eaters like Mothra does?

Mothra does not think herself superior for a start and meat eaters are merely acting out their own guilt when they start attacking and deriding vegetarians for their choices.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #332 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:40am

Agnes wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:37am:
I am going vegetarian ( not vegan-too strict) and for me it is a conscience issue.. I still eat fish, and some chicken, but getting there..my daughter is vegan but almost soley for the health aspects ..she feels more energetic, alive and her bf is now is vegan and he is loving he weight loss and health benefits as he plays rugby..they have both stopped smoking as well, as well-

I think meat is really bad for humans ( and of course the animal) so really is a no brainer for me.

Good on you for putting though into your diet. I go.meat free for a few weeks now and again.

Mothra does not think herself superior for a start and meat eaters are merely acting out their own guilt when they start attacking and deriding vegetarians for their choices.

Many blessings on you Agnes ... and BINGO!

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #333 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:41am

Yep. You nailed it.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #334 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:44am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:41am:

Yep. You nailed it.

Bs. She said she's more ethical than meat eaters.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #335 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:46am

Why does she consider herself more ethical than meat eaters?

IBI

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #336 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:46am

Its interesting that 2 of the girls who muster near me have become vegetarians.

I'm not a huge fan of meat, but i think most free range cattle have a fairly good life.

I dont like feed lots, i dont like battery farming of chickens and i dont piggeries where the sows are in cages.  i support PETA over this.

I dont support PETA when they try to close down the horse racing industry.
I have had and will get into thoroughbred racing again in the future. My racehorses get better care and attention then i do.

as i say to the partner there is a peck order in my "circle of concern"

1 partner
2 kids
3 dogs
4 horses
5 tractor
6 me.

i can remember paying for the horse dentist to do my horses teeth whilst nursing a toothache myself. Wink Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #337 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:48am

Gordon wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:46am:

Why does she consider herself more ethical than meat eaters?

On that particular topic? I am.

I'm also more ethical than you on other topics, Gordy, What with you being a racist Islamophobe and all.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #338 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 3:59pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 6:25am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 1:16am:
Thank you for reminding me to take my anti-diabetes medication. Missed out doing that last night.

I have tried to go without sugar for a while now. But not with much luck. Sugar was such a bad part of my life -- and still is -- that I wish I knew back in my teens what I know now. I walked into my university examination with a 600mL bottle of Cola. I asked the attendant if it was okay if I brought it in, she scoffed. The attendant reprimanded me saying "Why would anyone want to bring a soft drink in before an exam?" She was hinting that the sugar would interfere with my ability to effectively pass an examination.

Sugar is so bad for you that it is something humans have done without using quite well for many millenia. I recall an Indonesian person wanting to know what my Pepsi tasted like. I let him have the rest of the bottle. His first swig of the bottle, and he was spitting it out all over the place. Could not handle the new sensation of sugar in his system. Could not blame him, as he seemed quite fit and healthy, and I was not.

It begs the question:

Is the reason the lab scientists haven't come up with a convincing alternative to sugar because they've been paid-off by the cane-sugar industry?

I think scientists have a few answers for replacing sugar with something humans can better process. Give it a few years, scientists will release a fat/oil substitute that will be metabolised better.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #339 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 4:02pm

If only scientists could come up with a convincing alternative to Gordon.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #340 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 4:56pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 3:59pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 6:25am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 1:16am:
Thank you for reminding me to take my anti-diabetes medication. Missed out doing that last night.

I have tried to go without sugar for a while now. But not with much luck. Sugar was such a bad part of my life -- and still is -- that I wish I knew back in my teens what I know now. I walked into my university examination with a 600mL bottle of Cola. I asked the attendant if it was okay if I brought it in, she scoffed. The attendant reprimanded me saying "Why would anyone want to bring a soft drink in before an exam?" She was hinting that the sugar would interfere with my ability to effectively pass an examination.

Sugar is so bad for you that it is something humans have done without using quite well for many millenia. I recall an Indonesian person wanting to know what my Pepsi tasted like. I let him have the rest of the bottle. His first swig of the bottle, and he was spitting it out all over the place. Could not handle the new sensation of sugar in his system. Could not blame him, as he seemed quite fit and healthy, and I was not.

It begs the question:

Is the reason the lab scientists haven't come up with a convincing alternative to sugar because they've been paid-off by the cane-sugar industry?

I think scientists have a few answers for replacing sugar with something humans can better process. Give it a few years, scientists will release a fat/oil substitute that will be metabolised better.

Just eat food. Portion control.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #341 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 4:58pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 4:02pm:
If only scientists could come up with a convincing alternative to Gordon.

Hmm maybe I'll get a few 100 clones of Gordy. A world full of meat eating Gordons. Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #342 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:39pm

mothra wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:46pm:
rhino wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:35pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:09pm:

We should only send dead meat overseas, process it here.

Nice dream. Unfortunately that would involve massive infrastructure costs in the far north of our country akin to the mining industry.

So? Build abattoirs. Employ people.
You are not listening. where exactly does the trillions of dollars come from?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #343 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:43pm

rhino wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:39pm:
mothra wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:46pm:
rhino wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:35pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:09pm:

We should only send dead meat overseas, process it here.

Nice dream. Unfortunately that would involve massive infrastructure costs in the far north of our country akin to the mining industry.

So? Build abattoirs. Employ people.
You are not listening. where exactly does the trillions of dollars come from?

The sale of yummy lambikins. A kilo of loin chops costs me 4x as much as a whole sheep 20 years ago.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #344 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:45pm

The infrastructure needs to be in place before we start exporting. Towns, abbatoirs, transportation, workforce etc.Is this hard to understand?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 
Send Topic Print