Gordon
Re: RIP Mr Castro
Reply #120 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:34am

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 30th, 2016 at 11:41pm:
Gordon wrote on Nov 30th, 2016 at 6:36am:
Oh...he cured HIV eh ??  Wink

That wasn't what was claimed, fool.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hence the wink.
Do you like the way HIV control was maintained in Cuba?

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #121 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 3:28pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #122 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 3:28pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #123 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 3:30pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:34am:

Hence the wink.

Nope but I can appreciate their problem with the disease, much more than you can it seems.  As I have maintained, Cuba is not a paradise, it is a society in flux like everywhere.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #124 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 3:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 3:30pm:

Hence the wink.

Nope but I can appreciate their problem with the disease, much more than you can it seems.  As I have maintained, Cuba is not a paradise, it is a society in flux like everywhere.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You listed HIV control as a wonderful achievement of Castro but you didn't do your homework as you didn't realise it was done by jailing gays regardless of their HIV status.  Just chalk this one up as a whoopsey.

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #125 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 4:37pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 3:47pm:

Hence the wink.

You listed HIV control as a wonderful achievement of Castro but you didn't do your homework as you didn't realise it was done by jailing gays regardless of their HIV status.  Just chalk this one up as a whoopsey.

Actually, I didn't list anything.  I merely provided a link to a graphic which claimed it.  I wasn't avoiding any homework, I knew what the Cubans had done about HIV, well before you even heard of Fidel Castro and his merry band of revolutionaries.   I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing with it, merely quoting it.   That they prevented the transmission of HIV from mother to baby was quite an accomplishment (which BTW is the only mention of HIV in that graphic), considering that the rest of the world was either ignoring the HIV problem (as in the USA) or wondering what they could do about it (rest of the Western world).   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #126 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 4:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 4:37pm:

Hence the wink.

Actually, I didn't list anything.  I merely provided a link to a graphic which claimed it.  I wasn't avoiding any homework, I knew what the Cubans had done about HIV, well before you even heard of Fidel Castro and his merry band of revolutionaries.   I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing with it, merely quoting it.   That they prevented the transmission of HIV from mother to baby was quite an accomplishment (which BTW is the only mention of HIV in that graphic), considering that the rest of the world was either ignoring the HIV problem (as in the USA) or wondering what they could do about it (rest of the Western world).   Roll Eyes

Back to being smug again. Cool.

Tell you what, why don't you go live in a country with a communist Govt for 4 year as I have, and witness first hand the worried looks and suddenly hushed tones when a forbidden topic is broached.

Until then, you're just a load of hot air.

It's OK, defend Castro and his death squads, it means we have you pegged.

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #127 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 4:59pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 4:45pm:

Hence the wink.

Tell you what, why don't you go live in a country with a communist Govt for 4 year as I have, and witness first hand the worried looks and suddenly hushed tones when a forbidden topic is broached.

As we have discussed this before - no nation has implemented a communist system as described by Mr. K. Marx, so I am unsure which country you're talking about.   If it is Vietnam or China, I can't think of two nations further from what Mr. Marx described.

Being totalitarian does not make a nation Communist, Gordon.   Something you'd well know if you had ever studied politics - which I doubt.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #128 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 5:08pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 4:59pm:
Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 4:45pm:

Hence the wink.

As we have discussed this before - no nation has implemented a communist system as described by Mr. K. Marx, so I am unsure which country you're talking about.   If it is Vietnam or China, I can't think of two nations further from what Mr. Marx described.

Being totalitarian does not make a nation Communist, Gordon.   Something you'd well know if you had ever studied politics - which I doubt.     Roll Eyes

Yet every Govt that's gone down the communist path is totalitarian. The reason you can't enact pure communism is because it's against human nature.

IBI

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 5:12pm

Must burn Brian that even with barbed wire and manned machine guns keeping people from voting with their feet communism still failed. 

For anyone who wasn't a fool it might lead them to reassess their assumptions about a workers paradise instead of retreating into exonerating tropes. And here's an eye roll for you, you must be close to running out.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #130 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:16pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 5:08pm:
Yet every Govt that's gone down the communist path is totalitarian.

To some degree, I agree.  However, some are less totalitarian than others.  As I have pointed out, totalitarianism does not necessarily equate to Communism (in the true sense).

Quote:
The reason you can't enact pure communism is because it's against human nature.

Perhaps or could it be that man simply isn't up to being Communist.

Considering that early Christians held their chattels in common and acted as if they were Communist, seems to indicate some people can do it, if they desire.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #131 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:18pm

Secret Wars wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 5:12pm:
Must burn Brian that even with barbed wire and manned machine guns keeping people from voting with their feet communism still failed. 

As I keep pointing out, Communism hasn't been tried.  You're mistaking labels for fact, Secret Wars.  A not unusual circumstance for those that don't understand the difference.

Quote:
For anyone who wasn't a fool it might lead them to reassess their assumptions about a workers paradise instead of retreating into exonerating tropes. And here's an eye roll for you, you must be close to running out.  Roll Eyes

Oh, it appears you're not aware of the difference.  What a shame.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:18pm:

As I keep pointing out, Communism hasn't been tried.  You're mistaking labels for fact, Secret Wars.  A not unusual circumstance for those that don't understand the difference.

Quote:

As you keep saying?  You dope, I said it before you did. I know communism never advanced to its last level but that was not for lack of trying.  You think it's a new excuse?  Do you even know what a trope is?

Old communists like you have been making that same excuse,  you just cannot stand that your ideology has crashed and burned and contributed nothing but impoverishment and misery wherever it has been attempted. 

Your religion has been found wanting, the promised land never happened. Every time the whole sorry sad and deadly mess imploded. 

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #133 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:42pm

Secret Wars wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:36pm:

Quote:

As you keep saying?  You dope, I said it before you did. I know communism never advanced to its last level but that was not for lack of trying.  You think it's a new excuse?  Do you even know what a trope is?

Old communists like you have been making that same excuse,  you just cannot stand that your ideology has crashed and burned and contributed nothing but impoverishment and misery wherever it has been attempted. 

Your religion has been found wanting, the promised land never happened. Every time the whole sorry sad and deadly mess imploded. 

Communisims biggest enemy is human DNA and our desire for each individuals desire for theirs to succeed above others.

It seems to work in a tight family unit but with every degree of separation it has less chance.

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #134 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 8:04pm

Secret Wars wrote on Dec 1st, 2016 at 7:36pm:

Quote:

*SIGH*, if I had a dollar for each time I've been accused of being a "Communist", I'd be a millionaire.   I've never been one nor have ever professed to being one, old man.   Nor am I a Muslim.  I have no religion, I am an agnostic.  Your insults are really very silly, you realise?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print