Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Voluntary euthanasia voted down by SA pollies (Read 9210 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Voluntary euthanasia voted down by SA pollies
Reply #30 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 1:27am

to me there is no question about humane treatment.

Remember that old movie  'They Shoot Horses Don't They' ...

Why our society seems to relish the long slow and painful deaths of beloved family, friends, OR strangers ,  escapes me.
I wonder just which sect in our society has the power to deny a dignified death to those suffering intolerable pain and suffering. I've seen it.. it sickens me. Sad

live every day

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 6:55am

Emma wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 1:27am:

Why our society seems to relish the long slow and painful deaths of beloved family, friends, OR strangers ,  escapes me.
I wonder just which sect in our society has the power to deny a dignified death to those suffering intolerable pain and suffering. I've seen it.. it sickens me. Sad

I've sometimes thought it's the church believing that everyone should experience Christ's suffering on the Cross at least one time in our lives so as to get a better appreciation and understanding of the sacrifice He made for the forgiveness of our sins.

Some horseshit like that.

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 9:54am

Mistress Nicole wrote on Nov 21st, 2016 at 7:19am:
miketrees wrote on Nov 20th, 2016 at 1:52pm:
We are all in the same place Nicole.

But you have to laugh at our politicians, the alternative is having to take them seriously.

I have no idea what sort of brain squirming toady things go on in their minds, what ideology alows them to ignore the people.

Precisely mike. The overwhelming majority of the people are pro-euthanasia.

This is why people like Hanson and Trump are getting in - they listen to their constituents rather than viewing them as plebs to be ruled over and not listened to.

Now if one is terminally ill and has the use of his/her faculties and are in lots of pain, what stops them to take enough pain killers to die?
Where do you get the idea that the majority of people are for voluntary euthanasia? What the problem is is, compulsory euthanasia.
Take another case; shingles, which can be very nasty and painful and leave a permanent pain after, yet the costly injection is only on medical prescription for the 69-79 years of age. It can strike anybody, but the older people are more prone to it.

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 10:02am

Emma wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 1:27am:

I have seen the opposite; young and old clinging to life, no matter how painful or miserable.
One nurse told me of mother in law with terminal cancer, refusing all treatment, and dying within a short time.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 11:20am

hawil wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 9:54am:

But you have to laugh at our politicians, the alternative is having to take them seriously.

I have no idea what sort of brain squirming toady things go on in their minds, what ideology alows them to ignore the people.

This is why people like Hanson and Trump are getting in - they listen to their constituents rather than viewing them as plebs to be ruled over and not listened to.

Now if one is terminally ill and has the use of his/her faculties and are in lots of pain, what stops them to take enough pain killers to die?
Where do you get the idea that the majority of people are for voluntary euthanasia? What the problem is is, compulsory euthanasia.
Take another case; shingles, which can be very nasty and painful and leave a permanent pain after, yet the costly injection is only on medical prescription for the 69-79 years of age. It can strike anybody, but the older people are more prone to it.

The majority of Australians are pro volantary euthanasia and have been since the 1970s:

http://www.saves.asn.au/facts/fs02.pdf

IP Logged

WN

The 14 words

Reply #35 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:02pm

This needs to happen but it needs to be extended to the mandatory euthanasia of the intellectually disabled and the mentally ill.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:17pm

WN wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:02pm:
This needs to happen but it needs to be extended to the mandatory euthanasia of the intellectually disabled and the mentally ill.

No more family reunions for DSP.

IP Logged

WN

The 14 words

Reply #37 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:31pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:17pm:

Your mum will be upset.  Sad

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:35pm

WN wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:31pm:

No prizes for second.

By the way, I've passed your info onto the feds.

So, if you could please keep telling us all about the illegal weapons you own and when you plan your next attack, it would make it a lot easier for everyone.

Cheers    Wink

https://www.afp.gov.au/contact-us/report-commonwealth-crime

IP Logged

WN

The 14 words

Reply #39 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:45pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:35pm:
WN wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:31pm:

No prizes for second.

By the way, I've passed your info onto the feds.

So, if you could please keep telling us all about the illegal weapons you own and when you plan your next attack, it would make it a lot easier for everyone.

Cheers    Wink

https://www.afp.gov.au/contact-us/report-commonwealth-crime

No illegal weapons here gweggy the snitch....better luck next time son.  Grin

« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2017 at 7:14am by WN »  

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 5:21pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 11:20am:

The majority of Australians are pro volantary euthanasia and have been since the 1970s:

Your assertion about the pro-euthanasia are rather dubious, and WN in the next post frightens me even more, because that will be the next step.

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 8:44pm

hawil wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 5:21pm:
Mistress Nicole wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 11:20am:

Your assertion about the pro-euthanasia are rather dubious, and WN in the next post frightens me even more, because that will be the next step.

I seem to have the knack of stopping some serious discussions dead in its tracks.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print