Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
If you voted for or supported Trump (Read 6507 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
If you voted for or supported Trump
Nov 14th, 2016 at 1:14pm

Because he is "anti-establishment" well you got conned.

The greatest trick Donald Trump pulled was convincing voters he’d be “anti-establishment.”

This was near the heart of Trump’s appeal to the disaffected and disempowered: Send me to Washington, and that “establishment” you’ve been hearing so much about? We’ll blow it up, send it packing, punch it right in the face, and when it’s over the government will finally be working for you again. And the people who voted for Trump bought it. After all, he’s no politician, right? He’s an outsider, a glass-breaker, a guy who can cut out the bull and get things done. Right?

But the idea that he would do this was based on a profound misunderstanding of what the establishment actually is, and who Donald Trump is.

Here’s a report on Trump’s transition from Eric Lipton of the New York Times:

Quote:
President-elect Donald J. Trump, who campaigned against the corrupt power of special interests, is filling his transition team with some of the very sort of people who he has complained have too much clout in Washington: corporate consultants and lobbyists…

Mr. Trump was swept to power in large part by white working-class voters who responded to his vow to restore the voices of forgotten people, ones drowned out by big business and Wall Street. But in his transition to power, some of the most prominent voices will be those of advisers who come from the same industries for which they are being asked to help set the regulatory groundwork.

An organizational chart of Trump’s transition team shows it to be crawling with corporate lobbyists, representing such clients as Altria, Visa, Coca-Cola, General Electric, Verizon, HSBC, Pfizer, Dow Chemical, and Duke Energy. And K Street is positively salivating over all the new opportunities they’ll have to deliver goodies to their clients in the Trump era. Who could possibly have predicted such a thing?

The answer is, anyone who was paying attention. Look at the people Trump is considering for his Cabinet, and you won’t find any outside-the-box thinkers burning to work for the little guy. It’s a collection of Republican politicians and corporate plutocrats — not much different from who you’d find in any Republican administration

What are the priorities Trump and the Republican Congress will be pursuing right out of the gate? That eternal Republican priority, cutting taxes. It won’t actually be Trump’s plan precisely that will pass Congress and he’ll sign, it will be some combination of what he wanted and what congressional Republicans want. The two share a driving principle in common, helping regular folks is most definitely not it.

No, their commitment is to be of service to that most oppressed and forgotten group of Americans, the wealthy. Trump’s tax plan would give 47 percent of its benefits to the richest one percent of taxpayers. Paul Ryan’s tax plan is even purer — it gives 76 percent of its cuts to the richest one percent in its first year, and by 2025 would feed 99.6 percent of its benefits to the top 1 percent.

Once that’s accomplished, Trump and the Republicans plan to either gut or completely repeal the Dodd-Frank financial regulations, the greatest wish of Wall Street bankers. Can you feel the anti-establishment wind blowing?

Most plainly, the voters thinking that Trump would vanquish the establishment were just marks for a con, like those who lost their life savings at Trump University. But it was made possible by the vagueness of the idea of the “establishment” and the way people could pour all their dissatisfaction into it and elect the guy promising to destroy it when he had no intention of doing anything of the sort.

By now we should understand that while Trump is an ignorant buffoon in some ways and an outright m.oron in others, he’s also a savant of hatred and resentment. He not only identifies the ugliest feelings that portions of the electorate have but he finds just the right way to reach in and goose them. And he grasped that people were ready to sign on with an attack on all sectors of established power, in Washington or anywhere else.

That attack was politically potent because to those who heard it, it was about much more than politics. What Trump tapped into was their sense of powerlessness, that unseen forces are pulling the strings and manipulating “the system” for their own benefit. That “system” encompasses everything from politics to the economy to their local schools to culture. The system made that factory leave town. The system lets immigrants come in and speak a language other than English. Everywhere you look you’re being held down by the system

So when Trump complained that anything that didn’t go his way meant the system was “rigged” against him, they nodded in agreement and said, “Yep, it’s rigged against me, too.”

Washington can rest easy because although a Trump presidency can be many things, one thing it will not be is a threat to the establishment.

-WP
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2016 at 1:27pm by Raven »  

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: If you voted for or supported Trump
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 1:25pm

And now we get to laugh at the simpletons and idiots who got conned by Trump.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:08pm

If you voted for or supported Trump - we have been celebrating for a week.

A great victory for a Country that will again be great.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:11pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 1:25pm:

He's a good con man, I'll give him that.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:12pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:08pm:
If you voted for or supported Trump - we have been celebrating for a week.

A great victory for a Country that will again be great.

I wasnt aware it had ever stopped being 'great'. Biggest economy, mightiest military, most influential and most innovative and with a lower unemployment than normal.  What exactly it 'not great' there?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:18pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:11pm:

I don't know about good at all. He was certainly effective, but the cons were obvious, were well-exposed and yet people voted. All it really showed is that there are some incredibly stupid people in USA (and some here) to vote for the most obvious con-job in decades.

Even Trump didnt expect it to succeed!

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:26pm

Some extreme right wing politicians want us to think that things have never been worse.

The fact is life on earth has never been better.

We live around 40 years longer then last century, for the first time ever less then 10% of the world lives in absolute poverty, we are in school longer then ever before, since the 50s the average IQ has increased by an average of 20 points.

For the first time in history more countries a re democracies than dictatorships and less war than ever before.

Things are pretty good really.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:28pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:18pm:

I don't know about good at all. He was certainly effective, but the cons were obvious, were well-exposed and yet people voted. All it really showed is that there are some incredibly stupid people in USA (and some here) to vote for the most obvious con-job in decades.

True.

I'd bet Trump doesn't want to have to own the enormous and constraining responsibility that comes with the kind of success he now has that he was pretending to strive for over the last 18 months...

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:49pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:18pm:

Grin Grin Grin
Nobody expected Trump to succeed and now not even Trump expected Trump to succeed.  Trump succeeded despite Trumps's expectations!!!!!
You left out Hitler and Mussolini and the Nazis from your posts - you are slipping, pal.

You self-absorbed, triggered ninnies. How sweet it it is to see you all wetting yourselves and coming up with ever-crazier self-absorbed lunacies.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:53pm

Frank wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:49pm:
Nobody expected Trump to succeed and now not even Trump expected Trump to succeed. 

Correct.

He was in shock the next day.

"What now?"    Undecided

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:02pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 2:53pm:
Nobody expected Trump to succeed and now not even Trump expected Trump to succeed. 

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

Now he is going to do what he has been saying he would do.  Shocks the likes of you, I now. You said you'd p!ss off if gets the job yet you are still infesting these boards.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:05pm

Frank wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:02pm:

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

Now he is going to do what he has been saying he would do. 

Ahh... Except for Obamacare...

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:13pm

Trump has plans to backflip on climate change I suppose.

...I don't know how he survives without doing so...

The language has change and he is using words such as 'amend'. This indicates he just lied for the votes and  gained so much power: this, in the right hands, could save the world because that Arctic is seriously melting NOW!

The potential melting out of the Multi-year sea ice in the Arctic is not a good thing as it can only be replaced by first year ice which is salty by definition and melts easily. This means Greenland becomes the heat sink which is basically what is happening now.

(BTW: the leonardo di caprio movie was cherry picking the year 2012 as part of the identification of 5 years of Greenland melt with the rope and all that jazz... did they say 15 feet in five years ... that can't be normal or we're all fooooooooooooooooobarrrrrrrrrrrrrrred up the wahhhhzzzzzooooooo)

Some say there will be a bad cyclone in the Arctic in a few days...

Check out the temps:
(Daily mean temperatures for the Arctic area north of the 80th northern parallel, plotted with daily climate values calculated from the period 1958-2002.)

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:22pm by TheFunPolice »  

dmi141116.png (5 KB | 43 )
dmi141116.png

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:23pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:05pm:

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

And building The Wall.  Now it is a fence

And deporting illegals

And banning muslims

and as for draining the swamp.... his cabinet is filled literally filled with the same old Creatures from the Swamp.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:26pm

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

... unless this is what he always wanted and just lied to the electorate to throw the mentally retarded media into apoplexion knowing the consuming voter played the game better than ye olde murdered c*c*

Grin Grin Grin

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:36pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:26pm:

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

... unless this is what he always wanted and just lied to the electorate to throw the mentally retarded media into apoplexion knowing the consuming voter played the game better than ye olde murdered c*c*

Grin Grin Grin

are so in your tortured version of 'thinking', 50million voters knew he didnt really mean to get rid of Obamacare even as he said the opposite?

wow, that is some strng drugs you are on!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 4:16pm

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

Well no, actually.

He's backing down on everything he said he'd do before the election.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #17 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 4:35pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 4:16pm:

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

Well no, actually.

What did he say he'd do before the election?

IBI

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 5:00pm

Gordon wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 4:35pm:

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

Well no, actually.

Replace Obamacare with 'something terrific' for one!

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 5:06pm

Let's just say that the Hawk is now in the cote and has just eaten his first pigeon.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 4:17pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 5:00pm:
Gordon wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 4:35pm:

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

Well no, actually.

Replace Obamacare with 'something terrific' for one!

And how did he NOT do that 2 month before he is sworn in??

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 4:22pm

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

Well no, actually.

No he isn't.

Fence, wall whatever - stop illegal immigrants coming through an unsecured border.

He said 'extreme vetting' of Muslims in the second debate.

Obamacare will be replaced. However, as it is a healthcare system, so the words 'doctor', 'health', 'insurance' will occur in  whatever he replaces it with, just as these words occur in Obamacare. Does that mean he is not replacing it?

You guys are very pleasingly off your heads and completely at a loss, having nothing but your stupid sneering and idiotic 'yeah but no but' left to go on with.

Very pleasing.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 4:25pm

Frank wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 4:22pm:

Correct.

"What now?"    Undecided

Well no, actually.

No he isn't.

Fence, wall whatever -

Ah.

A fence is not a wall.

Trump is backing down on everything he said.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 4:25pm:
A fence is not a wall.

No he isn't.

Fence, wall, force field,  whatever - stop illegal immigrants coming through an unsecured border.

He said 'extreme vetting' of Muslims in the second debate.

Obamacare will be replaced. However, as it is a healthcare system, so the words 'doctor', 'health', 'insurance' will occur in  whatever he replaces it with, just as these words occur in Obamacare. Does that mean he is not replacing it?

You guys are very pleasingly off your heads and completely at a loss, having nothing but your stupid sneering and idiotic 'yeah but no but' left to go on with.

Very pleasing.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:32pm

Frank wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:30pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 4:25pm:
A fence is not a wall.

No he isn't.

Yes, he is.

On every single thing.

The bloated orange douche bag lied, and you suckers fell for it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:49pm

A most satisfying vid:

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:53pm

Frank wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:49pm:
A most satisfying vid:

Yes.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #27 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 10:40pm

Frank wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 9:49pm:
A most satisfying vid:

All the 'nay sayers' - have egg on their faces now.      Smiley

And Donald Trump ???

What of Donald Trump ???

Just watch the last 40 secs of that YT  !!        Grin

WINNERS ARE GRINNERS!!

hehe

Yep, its a keeper.

And i need to re-play it a couple more times,    .....and think of dopes like Barry Cassidy [ABC].           Smiley

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #28 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 9:34pm

Is Trump wrong about the toleration of illegal immigration and amnesty? Trump is an asshole for several reasons. That's not one of them.

I have said all along that his supporters are going to be disappointed. How they handle his backing down will be interesting to watch.

But you know who else are in abject denial? People who think Islam is some cute Eastern religion like the Beatles were into. That it is benevolent, and its followers just want to peacefully coexist within the West. Yeah, just like Louis Farrakhan.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 10:13pm

issuevoter wrote on Nov 17th, 2016 at 9:34pm:
Is Trump wrong about the toleration of illegal immigration and amnesty? Trump is an asshole for several reasons. That's not one of them.

I have said all along that his supporters are going to be disappointed. How they handle his backing down will be interesting to watch.

But you know who else are in abject denial? People who think Islam is some cute Eastern religion like the Beatles were into. That it is benevolent, and its followers just want to peacefully coexist within the West. Yeah, just like Louis Farrakhan.

If he doesn't deliver he will not last.

But the beauty of it all is that nor will any other politician any more. The 'manufacturing of consent' is over, the two sides of politics working in cahoots is over.  Deliver or get the hell out - see Kevni, Gillard, Abbott, Turnbull. There is no post-Trump return to the Clintons and the Bushes, Obamas and Camerons.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #30 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 11:10pm

WATCH: The Biggest Media Meltdowns to Trump's Win

Such lefty  self obsessed introversion.
the violence comes the next day

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #31 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 11:25pm

Well lefties, you have at least four more years before you can continue your socialist revolution.

Maybe more of the middle class will wake up to the fact you have nothing positive to offer them.

Say good bye and good riddance to a bad dream.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 11:28pm

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 11:40pm

Grin Grin Grin

all this disappointment and it's only one week.
Just wait and see how great the next four years will be for you. Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 11:41pm

this is what the left cannot understand

Quote:
..........What you the American people have done is so smacking amazing! You brought back the American dream by making something possible that seemed to be impossible !I hope all the best for you and your new president. Wish that would be as easy over here in Germany where the media is even worse and more hypocritocal. Its a burden. Hope this election has a positive impact on our politics. best wishes!!...........

...............That's utter nonsene, many people over here think like tump except from our crappy government but they aren't allowed to express their opinion without being labelled racist, nazi, homophobic etc you know all that kind of poo. Even facebook is censored in parts by our socialist minister for injustice and disposal of freedom of speech. There's even a "taskforce faccebook" to fix that poo. In fact they aren't liberals but communists with a dangerous ideology. I think that trump is way smarter than portayed in the media and he will have a good relationship with russia so why all these sjw crybabies are melting down? ... seems as if they were so keen on going to war against russia and now their dream is over................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3w5X9ZrBM

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #35 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:07am

John Smith wrote on Nov 17th, 2016 at 11:40pm:

all this disappointment and it's only one week.

Just wait and see how great the next four years will be for you.

John_Smith,

I've just twigged what you do for a living.

Google hits today.....

Quote:
Firings and Discord Put Trump Transition Team in a State of Disarray ...
www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/trump-transition.html
2 days ago - WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump's transition was in disarray on Tuesday, marked by firings, infighting and revelations that ...

Trump transition team in disarray after top adviser 'purged' | US news ...
https://www.theguardian.com › US News › Trump administration
2 days ago - Vice-President-elect Mike Pence, the head of Donald Trump's transition team, arrives for talks at Trump Tower in New York on Tuesday.

The world of journalism, POST-TRUTH = = partisan spoilers

Trump's win   [is an example of,   'CONSEQUENCE'   dummies!].....

.....thanks to the abandonment of truth in journalism       [99% of journalists = = immoral, unethical, self-serving   sl uts  ].

Google;
journalism,    post-truth

Google;
journalism discredited by partisan conviction

Google;
media bias, truth, journalism discredited

Google;
journalism, reporting tainted by conviction isn't journalism

Google;
journalism, barrie cassidy, bias, Trump

Google;
Trump exposes ABC bias

« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:17am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:09am

Yadda wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:07am:
I've just twigged what you do for a living.

I doubt you've twigged to anything, let alone what I do

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #37 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 2:38pm

To you rabid anti-Trumpers.

Is it possible that someone like Trump may be working for the betterment of all the American people? He's  certainly not doing it for the money. Why are you still complaining? Do you think America needs another useless, incompetent, grubby lawyer politician?

Are you so cynical and self centered that there is no place in your joyless worlds for altruism? And some of you have the audacity to call yourselves Christians.

Trump won so go and buy a ladder!

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #38 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 2:49pm

...i
Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #39 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 3:47pm

no one is taking Michelles job, they won 2 terms and could not run for another, the Obamas are allowing the Trumps in and if they could have run for another term they would have won over both them or the Clintons.. use your brain .

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #40 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 3:54pm

Agnes wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 3:47pm:
no one is taking Michelles job, they won 2 terms and could not run for another, the Obamas are allowing the Trumps in and if they could have run for another term they would have won over both them or the Clintons.. use your brain .

IT WAS A JOKE. ORIGINALLY posted by Mortdooley.

I thought it rather amusing. So I laughed and posted it again. You got a problem with that?

No need to explain anything to me SARGEANT SCHULTZ ...

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 4:27pm

you need to take up yoga

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #42 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:30pm

I think I worked it out, the Lib supporters wanted Trump to win because it means that there is a 50 : 50 chance that in 6 months Turnbull may no longer be considered the worlds worst leader.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:39pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:30pm:
I think I worked it out, the Lib supporters wanted Trump to win because it means that there is a 50 : 50 chance that in 6 months Turnbull may no longer be considered the worlds worst leader.

Liberal voters didn't exactly want Turnbull. He lost 14 seats.

Shorten will be booted soon and Albo will beat Turnbull at the next election.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #44 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:41pm

Frank wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:39pm:

I prefer Albo but it still won't happen.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:42pm

right wingers are behind trump because he is a right winger.

turnbull is far too 'moderate'

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #46 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:42pm

Neferti wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 2:49pm:

She will be lucky to last 6 months.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:39pm

Frank wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:39pm:

The game is rigged, no?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:43pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:42pm:

how ironic.

hillary was strongly supported by obama.
When he should have said nothing.
One of hillarys stances was to flood the US with immigrants.

now michelle is complaining about exactly the thing hillary was promoting.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #49 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 10:27pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 4:27pm:

you need to take up yoga

I already do, but what do you need John?

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 11:32pm

Agnes wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 10:27pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 4:27pm:

you need to take up yoga

I already do, but what do you need John?

then you need to take some Valium ....

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 11:43pm

I have looked through this thread, and still people do not understand.  The majority of people who voted for Trump did not do so because they liked him, or believed all his promises, or thought things would magically improve for them once he was elected, but voted for him because he was not Hilary Clinton.   

Clinton represented all that was wrong with politics and government in the US.  A born to rule mentality, contempt for the working class, corruption on a grand scale and a breathtaking amount of self-absorption that simply could not envisage any  change in the system that allowed her to dominate.

In short, she annoyed people more than Trump.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #52 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 2:18am

Belgarion wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 11:43pm:
I have looked through this thread, and still people do not understand.  The majority of people who voted for Trump did not do so because they liked him, or believed all his promises, or thought things would magically improve for them once he was elected, but voted for him because he was not Hilary Clinton.   

Clinton represented all that was wrong with politics and government in the US.  A born to rule mentality, contempt for the working class, corruption on a grand scale and a breathtaking amount of self-absorption that simply could not envisage any  change in the system that allowed her to dominate.

Nope!.
I hated Hillary and loved Trump in equal measure! I saw Hillary for what she is - a FRAUD! Trump on the other hand is likable - he speaks my language. Maybe because I ran a business for many years I can identify with Trump and Hillary reminds me of my Lawyer ex-wife!

The American economy is broken. Where do you tow your broken down car to? Lawyers or politicians offices and then wonder why your car is still broken after 4 years - still sitting in the street with all its parts stripped! That's what the American Public have been doing for decades and its just plain DUMB!.

Trump is a mechanic. He knows how to fix things or find the best person to do so. Hes had a lifetime of doing so.
Thats why my property is plastered with Trump signs.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #53 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:56am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:43pm:
Dnarever wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 7:42pm:

how ironic.

now michelle is complaining about exactly the thing hillary was promoting.

Wrong - he can support whoever he wants too.

Wrong - Strike two. Hillary had a sane position on refugees, refreshing in a politician really.

now michelle is complaining about exactly the thing hillary was promoting

Strike 3 your out.  Michelle didn't post that - this was some clown with Photoshop.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:02pm

Richdude wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 2:18am:
Belgarion wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 11:43pm:

Nope!.
I hated Hillary and loved Trump in equal measure! I saw Hillary for what she is - a FRAUD! Trump on the other hand is likable - he speaks my language. Maybe because I ran a business for many years I can identify with Trump and Hillary reminds me of my Lawyer ex-wife!

The American economy is broken. Where do you tow your broken down car to? Lawyers or politicians offices and then wonder why your car is still broken after 4 years - still sitting in the street with all its parts stripped! That's what the American Public have been doing for decades and its just plain DUMB!.

Trump is a mechanic. He knows how to fix things or find the best person to do so. Hes had a lifetime of doing so.
Thats why my property is plastered with Trump signs.

Congratulations.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:08pm

Neferti wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 2:49pm:

That's a fake.

This is the original.

"In November 2016, that widely seen photograph was digitally edited to display a new humorous political message, a reference to incoming first lady Melania Trump, who was born in Novo Mesto, Slovenia, and immigrated to the United States when she was in her mid-20s, later achieving permanent residency and citizenship status in the U.S."

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/17/michelle-obama-immigrant/

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:13pm

Trump is a mechanic. He knows how to fix things or find the best person to do so.

Yes.

He'll give you a decent quote, and tell you the car will be ready to pickup on Saturday afternoon.

When you show up at the garage, though, he'll tell you he's waiting on parts and your car won't be ready until at least next Wednesday.

He'll then go on to tell you that the freight for the parts was more expensive than expected, meaning that your quote has blown out by at least 20%.

Yes, Trump the "mechanic".

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:30pm

Trump is a mechanic.

... ...

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:56pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:08pm:

Like you and your avatar?

« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2016 at 2:05pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:57pm

Frank wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:56pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:08pm:

Like you and your avatar?

I'm the real deal, Franky baby.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:59pm

Trump is a mechanic. He knows how to fix things...

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:09pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:59pm:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/transport-mechanic-garage-bitte...

What windows has he broken already, Naomi?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:32pm

Frank wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:09pm:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/transport-mechanic-garage-bitte...

He doesn't pick up his rocks until January next year.

Give him time.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:56pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:32pm:

Give him time.

So why are you insinuating that he has already broken windows, Naomi?  You can't contain your inner turd, can you?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:01pm

Frank wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:56pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 6:32pm:

Give him time.

So why are you insinuating that he has already broken windows

I'm not.

I'm saying he'll break them after January 20th next year.

Either keep up with the conversation, or go to bed, old boy.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:35pm

What do you mean by this, Naomi?

You already know what he is going to do after 20 January.  Just like you knew that Hillary would 'win comfortably"?? 
You are one gigantic turdbrain, completely disconnected, completely immersed in your own turdy mess.

You are unable to say anything not idiotic. You have a massive, uninterrupted record of being wrong about everything you look at. The only stupider man here is Brian - and I am not sure the tow of you are not the same.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:43pm

Frank wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:35pm:

What do you mean by this, Naomi?

You already know what he is going to do after 20 January.  Just like you knew that Hillary would 'win comfortably"?? 
You are one gigantic turdbrain, completely disconnected, completely immersed in your own turdy mess.

You are unable to say anything not idiotic. You have a massive, uninterrupted record of being wrong about everything you look at. The only stupider man here is Brian - and I am not sure the tow of you are not the same.

Frank supports, and defends, a man pig accused of raping at least two small children.

One of the young kids was allegedly held down and beaten while Trump and his best friend, a convicted pedophile, repeatedly had non-consensual sex with the poor child.

Trump then allegedly threatened to harm her family if she told anyone about the rape and beatings.

Despite these accusations, Frank absolutely loves the man pig.

I wonder why.

I really do wonder why.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:56pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:43pm:
Frank supports, and defends, a man pig accused of raping at least two small children.

One of the young kids was allegedly held down and beaten while Trump and his best friend, a convicted pedophile, repeatedly had non-consensual sex with the poor child.

Trump then allegedly threatened to harm her family if she told anyone about the rape and beatings.

I wonder why.

I really do wonder why.

Because it's a turdhead like you who is saying it and because of the highlighted bits.

I allege you are a complete turdhead. Do not defend yourself, accept my allegation as fact.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:58pm

Frank wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:56pm:

I wonder why.

I really do wonder why.

Because it's a turdhead like you who is saying it

No, not me.

Trump admitted to sexually assaulting women, and the children he allegedly raped have come forward.

Despite this, you continue to defend the alleged child rapist.

Strange.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 8:06pm

[Despite these accusations, Frank absolutely loves the man pig.

I wonder why.

I really do wonder why.

Because Trump blames the tinted races, silly.

Isn't that obvious?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #70 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 7:53am

Wow, the Trump supporters here are going to be so disappointed before long!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #71 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 10:52am

Quote:
.....................The city of Obninsk was granted a permit for a rally Saturday in favor of the U.S. president-elect — another sign of Trump’s embrace in a country whose relations with the Obama administration soured badly over rifts such as Syria and Ukraine.

The demonstration was organized by Artyom Mainas, a 27-year-old blogger in Obninsk, a nuclear-research center some 60 miles south of Moscow. He said he decided to act after seeing news from the United States about demonstrations in the wake of Trump’s election.

“I thought, well, it would be good if we can organize something here in Russia to demonstrate our support to the newly-elected president,” Mainas said by telephone Friday. “We think that Trump is a good candidate for Russia.”

Russians have greeted the election of Trump as a victory, in part because of the Republican’s support for Putin and calls for better ties with Russia during the campaign. On Friday, Sergei Lavrov, Russia’s foreign minister, said Trump and Putin see “eye-to-eye politically,” according to the TASS news agency.

Throughout the campaign, Russian officials and state media constantly warned that a Hillary Clinton presidency could erode already poor U.S.-Russia relations . Meanwhile, Moscow has conducted nationwide civil defense drills.

The U.S. administration accused Russia of interfering on Trump’s behalf, including hacks of emails from top members of Clinton’s campaign team. Earlier this week, President Obama warned his successor not to embrace Putin too readily.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/russian-town-to-rally-for-trump-while-putin...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 10:55am

Jovial Monk wrote on Nov 20th, 2016 at 7:53am:
Wow, the Trump supporters here are going to be so disappointed before long!

Not really.

They all seem to embrace, and thrive on, failure.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 7:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:58pm:

I wonder why.

I really do wonder why.

No, not me.

Trump admitted to sexually assaulting women

No he did not.  What is your evidence, Turdy?

Quote:
and the children he allegedly raped have come forward.

And then gone away.

Woman accusing Trump of raping her at 13 cancels her plan to go public

Come on SH!tehead, come up with some evidence or bugger off.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #74 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 8:10pm

Frank wrote on Nov 20th, 2016 at 7:53pm:

I wonder why.

I really do wonder why.

No, not me.

Quote:

And then gone away.

Just keep telling yourself that none of it is true. Eventually you will convince yourself.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 8:18pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 20th, 2016 at 8:10pm:
Just keep telling yourself that none of it is true. Eventually you will convince yourself.

You must have some evidence that you are unwilling to disclose for some reason.

My guess is that you don't have any.  You just can't comprehend that you were wrong about so many things and so now you are joining the camp of the sniping and the sneering.  i

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 4:43pm

If you voted for or supported Trump remember Trump won the popular vote in 3,084 of 3,141 counties

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Nov 23rd, 2016 at 9:22am

Frank wrote on Nov 20th, 2016 at 7:53pm:

I wonder why.

I really do wonder why.

No, not me.

Quote:

And then gone away.

Yes, he did admit to sexually assaulting women.

And, the child rape lawsuit was withdrawn amidst allegations of threats of violence from Trump.

The lawsuit is gone, but the allegation from the women (allegedly raped as children) remains.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Nov 23rd, 2016 at 6:45pm

If you voted for or supported Trump you WON !!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print