Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mid-north coast of NSW (Read 4416 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Mid-north coast of NSW
Reply #15 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 2:24pm

Adelaide has lost all its charm and the summers are too hot. I thought the last reason would have been obvious—I did state “cooler summers” after all. But that would still have taken some thought, eh Naffy?

Forgiven

Namaste

ehehehehehehehehehehe

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #16 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 2:49pm

The only problem with most of those little places is lack of decent shopping for hardware etc. And I dont mean a Bunnings

I can get any type of special part usually within 20 minutes maximum drive from home.

As an example, your washing machine breaks down in say Batemans Bay (South Coast) , very limited places to purchase bits and pieces, long drive to Nowra or even Wollongong

The same with lots of the little places up the mid north coast.

Lake Cathie would be OK as quite close to Port Macquarie

Worth considering this  Monk, as a two hour round trip every time you need something quickly becomes a pain in the butt!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #17 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 4:46pm

Yeah, I realise that. Some place with 10–20,000 residents would be good, plenty local resources, supermarkets, hospitals etc etc and places with car parts etc.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #18 - Nov 5th, 2016 at 11:39pm

Lismore is pretty good and meets most of your requirements but I don't know we can absorb many more foreigners. Your beer better be pretty special. There are many villages close with much fewer than 10,000 within a fairly close distance to Lismore. An hour from Brisbane, 1/2 an hour from the Gold Coast. Airports at Lismore, Balina and GC.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 4:21pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Nov 4th, 2016 at 2:24pm:
Adelaide has lost all its charm and the summers are too hot. I thought the last reason would have been obvious—I did state “cooler summers” after all. But that would still have taken some thought, eh Neffy?

Summers get HOTTER and more HUMID as you go North.  If you have a problem with the Adelaide Summers, get air-conditioning.

Canberra does have cold Winters and HOT Summers (for a couple of weeks) but it is DRY heat and if you stay indoors and drink lots of fluids, you will survive.

I lived in Sydney for many years and the Summers there were unbearable due to the HUMIDITY .... sea breezes don't help at all since you certainly do NOT sleep in Sydney with windows and doors open.

IF you want warm winters and cool summers ... stay where you are and invest in AIR CONDITIONING.  Grin

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 5:48pm

Don't mind Nelsons bay area.

The advantages of the others but close to Newcastle and only few hrs to Sydney. Suspect it is expensive though.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #21 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 5:56pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 5:48pm:
Don't mind Nelsons bay area.

The advantages of the others but close to Newcastle and only few hrs to Sydney. Suspect it is expensive though.

Great Spot!

Very expensive!

Prices have been driven up by its close vicinity to the Hunter Valley with its highly paid miners.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print