Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The future is in SA (Read 1335 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

The future is in SA
Nov 1st, 2016 at 9:55am

There has never been a prime minister as supportive of investment and industry in South Australia as Malcolm Turnbull, the PM himself says.

Mr Turnbull says his government is investing $95 billion in naval shipbuilding in SA which shows its commitment to advanced manufacturing, technology, science and engineering in the state.

"We are putting the most advanced manufacturing projects in Australia in South Australia, for that naval shipbuilding program," he told ABC radio on Tuesday.

"It's not a parochial decision, it's not a political decision - we're doing that because it is the best place to do it, that's where the skills are."

The prime minister said the shipbuilding projects, to be based in Osborne, would prevent the need for people to move interstate to get jobs in engineering or advanced manufacturing.

"Now, there will be some of the best jobs, the most challenging jobs, the most exciting opportunities in the world in South Australia," he said.

"The future is not somewhere else. It's in South Australia."
AAP

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: The future is in SA
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 9:55am

Once we get rid of Arrium?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 10:05am

bogarde73 wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 9:55am:
Once we get rid of Arrium?

We have the technology. Subs can be manufactured from kangaroo skins. Steel is optional.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 1:57pm

Unforgiven wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 10:05am:
Subs can be manufactured from kangaroo skins

We would like them to surface again.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 2:16pm

Apart from mining, oil, gas and kangaroo skins, South Australia has no reason for existence as a population centre.

Goods that can be manufactured in SA can be manufactured much cheaper in Melbourne and Sydney and for a fraction of SA manufacturing cost in Asia.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print