Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Think Australia is a great place to live? (Read 3263 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Think Australia is a great place to live?
Reply #60 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:42pm

Ajax wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 4:47pm:
Cost of living always going up.

show me one country where it's going down?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #61 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 2:30am

Australia is a pretty good place to live. But we do have our issues.

Growing up on a community, when Raven moved to "the big smoke" he was stunned to see both subtle and overt racism people in this country display, especially towards our indigenous brethren. Though that stems from ignorance.  To this day it amazes Raven that people think they get free housing, aren't denied centrelink if they don't meettbe expected requirements,aren't  subject to HECS. Some people even think they get free cars!

Our biggest problem as a country is we don't think there is a problem,  we refuse to acknowledge our past. This is why we can not move forward.

The "she'll be right mate" mentality is one of our greatest weaknesses.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #62 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:05am

This is a great place to live - but some of the people who live here shouldn't be allowed to.... and that crosses all social fences.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:09am

Valkie wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 7:13am:
But it is a lucky country for some.

Quite a few have jobs that require;
No commitment.
No responsibility
No real work
Lots of holidays, paid for by the company
Good remuneration.
Unbelievable assett test free retirement benefits
Free 100% health care.
No chance of being punished for any crimes committed during employment.
Plenty of opportunity for additional income (Brown paper bags mandatory)
Ability to employ family at much higher than average income.

And
Burial at the companies expense.

Yep, you have it....................politicians and senior public servants.

For the rest of us though..............its all downhill

Ah yes - the self-appointed ruling elite of this Third World Diktatorship built on a convict colony basis, so that anyone with a 'uniform' or a 'badge' or a 'position' is considered above the law and the rest are considered all criminals in need of constant chastisement and harassment..... at their expense of course......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:10am

Raven wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 2:30am:
Australia is a pretty good place to live. But we do have our issues.

Growing up on a community, when Raven moved to "the big smoke" he was stunned to see both subtle and overt racism people in this country display, especially towards our indigenous brethren. Though that stems from ignorance.  To this day it amazes Raven that people think they get free housing, aren't denied centrelink if they don't meettbe expected requirements,aren't  subject to HECS. Some people even think they get free cars!

Our biggest problem as a country is we don't think there is a problem,  we refuse to acknowledge our past. This is why we can not move forward.

The "she'll be right mate" mentality is one of our greatest weaknesses.

― John Adams

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #65 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:59am

Australia has similarities to some other countries. But once you get beyond a few undesirable locations, a lot of the more arable areas are places where a very decent life can be lived.

However one looks at the origin in a British Penal settlement, I am dubious of any country that does not have a legal system based on that of British parliamentary and English common law. Several Republics have adapted aspects of the British system, including the USA and France.

And even during the Convict Era, with the lash and leg-irons, there were many cases where convicts sued their masters and won. Try that on in the Russia, Spain, Arabia, or China of that era.

The treatment of the natives remains a blot on our history, but I am not going to take the blame for things I did not do and cannot change. I was born here and have no other allegiance. As bad as the early days were for some, civilisation is a matter of degreee, where ever you go in the world.

Today, there is no country other than Australia that has tried  harder to implement a fair and multicultural society. And in so doing we have made a lot of progress while at the same time shattering the old Pax Britannia by importing the source of social discord in the form Islam.

There are certain things I don't like about Australia. Until recent decades it had an incredibly insular view of the world. Many people need to speak more from the throat than the nasal passage, and the heavy shrapnel, we call change, needs to be rationalised. I have lived and worked on three continents and have come to the conclusion that Australia is pretty good place to live. I live in the tropics and can safely drink the water straight out of the tap. Try that in any other tropical location, and you are playing Russian Roulette.

What gives me hope for the future are all the indications of potential civilisation: a high standard of secular education, engineering and science, world class musicians, vineyards, olive groves, and the stone-wall association. Now we need to start planting cork trees.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #66 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:06am

Well, there is a lack of Texuuns.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #67 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:06am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:09am:
Valkie wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 7:13am:
But it is a lucky country for some.

Quite a few have jobs that require;
No commitment.
No responsibility
No real work
Lots of holidays, paid for by the company
Good remuneration.
Unbelievable assett test free retirement benefits
Free 100% health care.
No chance of being punished for any crimes committed during employment.
Plenty of opportunity for additional income (Brown paper bags mandatory)
Ability to employ family at much higher than average income.

And
Burial at the companies expense.

Yep, you have it....................politicians and senior public servants.

For the rest of us though..............its all downhill

Ah yes - the self-appointed ruling elite of this Third World Diktatorship built on a convict colony basis, so that anyone with a 'uniform' or a 'badge' or a 'position' is considered above the law and the rest are considered all criminals in need of constant chastisement and harassment..... at their expense of course......

Yes, I have always said that if there was a drugged out thief who had just stolen from me and a politician both drowning and I could save only one.

I would g for the Drugged out thief every time.

Why you say.......?

Because I know that there is at least a small chance that the drugged out thief could do some good, where as the politician will never be of any good to anyone but himself.

And with all my heart, I hope the politician is howard.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:07am

John Smith wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:36pm:
yeah ... nail thinks everyone else owes him a house.   Cheesy Cheesy

If you are going to rip people off on housing deals at least give them the means to pay for it otherwise do you think the rest of the world who is lending us this money thinks that australia is entitled to it just because it is australia ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:11am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:05am:
This is a great place to live - but some of the people who live here shouldn't be allowed to.... and that crosses all social fences.....

The country is good but some of the people who call the shots are nothing more than blood sucking scum Sad Real estate scum running to the government lobbying them to hatch up plans to rip off the average punter is not my idea of a country that is run for the good of the majority Sad

The french had the right idea. They used to guillotine people like this.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:18am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:11am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:05am:

The country is good but some of the people who call the shots are nothing more than blood sucking scum Sad Real estate scum running to the government lobbying them to hatch up plans to rip off the average punter is not my idea of a country that is run for the good of the majority Sad

The french had the right idea. They used to guillotine people like this.

why dont you pop over to France then for once you may be happy!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:23am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:07am:
If you are going to rip people off on housing deals at least give them the means to pay for it otherwise do you think the rest of the world who is lending us this money thinks that australia is entitled to it just because it is australia ?

no one is ripping anyone off. You want a house, do what everyone else does, sacrifice.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 11:21am

John Smith wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:23am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:07am:

no one is ripping anyone off. You want a house, do what everyone else does, sacrifice.

Yes home owners are being ripped off blind whilst the light shoe brigade get to buy their 9th and 10th property at the expense of first home owners who are paying their fare share of taxes and being shafted at auctions competing against them Sad

But guess who are the first ones to run to government when there is talk of abolishing negative gearing ? And you can sit there smugly and talk about making sacrifices Sad

This really is a sick society and that harbourside mansion prick in canberra needs to go.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 11:24am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 11:21am:
Yes home owners are being ripped off blind

since you don't own a home so you're in no position to speak for home owners. I on the other hand own my home. Paid in full.

But guess who are the first ones to run to government

who were the first to run there crying about neg. gearing? ohh, that's right, those who didn't want to sacrifice.

And you can sit there and talk about making sacrifices

yes, another topic I have more experience than you in.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 11:27am

John Smith wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 11:24am:
Yes home owners are being ripped off blind

since you don't own a home so you're in no position to speak for home owners. I on the other hand own my home. Paid in full.

But guess who are the first ones to run to government

who were the first to run there crying about neg. gearing? ohh, that's right, those who didn't want to sacrifice.

And you can sit there and talk about making sacrifices

yes, another topic I have more experience than you in.

Bill Shorten doesn't agree with you and many people with more experience than myself also agree with my views. It's odd you claiming to be a labor voter siding with the greedy coalition on this issue. Very odd.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print