Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Think Australia is a great place to live? (Read 3239 times)
thehermit

Australian Politics

Gold Coast, Australia
Re: Think Australia is a great place to live?
Reply #45 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:01pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 8:03am:
I've never understood people bitching about how bad Australia is ... if you don't like it, go back to where you or your family came from.

This place is well and truly f.cked. After decades of de-industrialization and decimating the value adding chains what have they come up with ? Real estate parasites and a country that needs a steroid injection of 100 million in foreign credit each day and that's just the public sector debt for starters. We won't talk about the private sector debt because that is another one of those forbidden topics Sad

Well the dairy farmers wouldnt be thinking its a great place considering that the news is they cant survive much longer selling cheap milk to the supermarkets...the talking heads are even suggesting that milk might have to be imported from overseas...plus the sugar cane industry is complaining about having to accept low prices from sugar mills in qld...
Plus the motor industry is rooted...the mining industry is rooted...the fruit pickers/backpackers wont come back if they are taxed to buggery...what is left...tourism..yeah...weve got a rock and a bridge to look at...maybe we could all grow rice or cotton...
But otherwise...yeah...I wouldnt live anywhere else.....

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:11pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 11:50am:
aquascoot wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 9:14am:
If you are living in australia in 2016, you are amongst the luckiest .000000001 % of people ever to be born.

You should fall to your knees every morning and do 10 minutes of "gratitude affirmations".

If you live in australia and you do not feel extremely grateful about this fact, then you are basicly F*ed.
There is no hope for you.
You are building highways to scarcity and a dirt road to abundance.
When you do this , NO MATTER WHAT YOU ' GET " you will NEVER be satisfied.
My advice would be to cease this behaviour immediately and go back to gratitude affirmations.
The universe has a way of taking things from you , if you dont appreciate them.
The best people, the most successful people, the happiest people always say thank you and and always approach everything (including our great nation ) with a frame of "what can i contribute"
Never "what can i take" "what can i get"

Respectfully....CRAP

We pay some of the highest taxes in the world.
Therefore we should expect, NO DEMAND better.

But the only ones befitting from all this excessive tax is our leaders (and I use that term loosly and with utter contempt) and our senior public SERVE-US).

We should have the best health care, the best hospitals the best politicians and less, far far less politicians and public service than we currently do.

Australia is a beautiful country, but it is a desert for much of it.
We have to travel further for work and play than most other countries, and yet we pay far too much for our fuel to say nothing of the goat tracks they laughingly call roads.
We are over regulated, over taxed, over fined (there is a fine for almost everything you can imagine).

Only parasites and those who prey on others achieve anything.
They justify this by calling themselves successful.

We need a revolution
Ill build the guillotines

Jesus, you must be living in a different Australia to me.

The amount of tax I pay has never bothered me.

The level of free health care I receive is excellent.

And, I've never understood those who whinge about petrol prices.

We've got a lot to be thankful for here.

One problem with that is that the creditors will want their money back one day and a lot quicker than what you and I can pay it back. This is exactly how the elite take over countries. They are like drug pushers pushing abundant credit onto the junkies until they are addicted and can't live without it.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:19pm

I've never understood people bitching about how bad Australia is ... if you don't like it, go back to where you or your family came from.

This place is well and truly f.cked. After decades of de-industrialization and decimating the value adding chains what have they come up with ? Real estate parasites and a country that needs a steroid injection of 100 million in foreign credit each day and that's just the public sector debt for starters. We won't talk about the private sector debt because that is another one of those forbidden topics Sad

You can always move back to the UK if you prefer.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:34pm

Unforgiven wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:15pm:
issuevoter wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 11:45am:
Unforgiven wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 11:01am:
issuevoter wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 10:55am:
Unforgiven wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 10:43am:
issuevoter wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 10:28am:
Unforgiven wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:18am:
Very apt for a country whose culture was created by British boat people comprising murderers, rapists, common thieves and cockney barrow boys and their guards; homicidal maniacs in military uniforms who were unfit for real military service.

That's why creatures like Rhino infest the urban jungle.

Do you see anything good about Australia?

Weather is good.

Putting aside the weather, what country would you say is a better place to live?

USA is. Taxes are lower, houses and all goods are cheaper especially restaurants.

Are you planning to migrate to the USA?

I worked in USA on visa for 3+ years. Would have migrated but my age is now above the selection criteria. I have US$ 75,000 in my US social security account which I can't get access to unless I can work in USA for another 13 quarters.
What a bummer you have to stay here.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:38pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:19pm:

you and your realtor mates should just go and drown yourself in your own faeces. You have caused so much damage to this country peddling your lies and myths. We now have generations who will know nothing else other than low living standards, poor job prospects and job security as well as high cost of living simply because of the debt that you and your realtor mates have imposed on everyone Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #50 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:43pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:38pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:19pm:

you and your realtor mates should just go and drown yourself in your own faeces. You have caused so much damage to this country peddling your lies and myths. We now have generations who will know nothing else other than low living standards, poor job prospects and job security as well as high cost of living simply because of the debt that you and your realtor mates have imposed on everyone Sad

I can detect a huge sense of entitlement there

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:36pm

yeah ... nail thinks everyone else owes him a house.   Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #52 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:52pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:11pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 11:50am:
aquascoot wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 9:14am:
If you are living in australia in 2016, you are amongst the luckiest .000000001 % of people ever to be born.

You should fall to your knees every morning and do 10 minutes of "gratitude affirmations".

If you live in australia and you do not feel extremely grateful about this fact, then you are basicly F*ed.
There is no hope for you.
You are building highways to scarcity and a dirt road to abundance.
When you do this , NO MATTER WHAT YOU ' GET " you will NEVER be satisfied.
My advice would be to cease this behaviour immediately and go back to gratitude affirmations.
The universe has a way of taking things from you , if you dont appreciate them.
The best people, the most successful people, the happiest people always say thank you and and always approach everything (including our great nation ) with a frame of "what can i contribute"
Never "what can i take" "what can i get"

Respectfully....CRAP

We pay some of the highest taxes in the world.
Therefore we should expect, NO DEMAND better.

But the only ones befitting from all this excessive tax is our leaders (and I use that term loosly and with utter contempt) and our senior public SERVE-US).

We should have the best health care, the best hospitals the best politicians and less, far far less politicians and public service than we currently do.

Australia is a beautiful country, but it is a desert for much of it.
We have to travel further for work and play than most other countries, and yet we pay far too much for our fuel to say nothing of the goat tracks they laughingly call roads.
We are over regulated, over taxed, over fined (there is a fine for almost everything you can imagine).

Only parasites and those who prey on others achieve anything.
They justify this by calling themselves successful.

We need a revolution
Ill build the guillotines

Jesus, you must be living in a different Australia to me.

The amount of tax I pay has never bothered me.

The level of free health care I receive is excellent.

And, I've never understood those who whinge about petrol prices.

We've got a lot to be thankful for here.

FREE HEALTH CARE???????
What planet are you on.

I pay over 4K a year in health insurance.
I get back sweet stuff all when I try to claim.
And if you don't have medical insurance, you pay in a medicare levee.
Either way they have you by the balls

Its so that the politicians can get their free 100% coverage health care as a bribe to allow health care companies to rip the guts out of everyone else.

And as for tax, you enjoy paying around 25% of your income and then another 10% and then some more in fees, charges and anything else they can screw you for?
The last 10 years I have been paying over 30K a year in tax.
But I get nothing more than those paying little or nothing in tax, the system stinks.

Finally petrol.
Again our wonderful masters have done the dirty o us.
'We have heaps of oil, some of it so good that you can just about fill up the diesel van and drive it without any refining.
But what have our dutiful and brilliant masters done.
You guessed it, sold it to foreign countries and companies to be refined off shore and shipped back here to see our own oil back to us for a massive profit.

Yep, The country is my country.
5 generations on both sides of my family born here, hell I'm more indigenous than many Aboriginals.
But I watch in horror as those lazy, useless, incompetent, crooked, narcissistic, bombastic, thieves of politicians and senior public servants give our country away each day for a brown paper bag full of cash.

MAY THEY ALL ROT IN HELL

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:55pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:52pm:
And as for tax, you enjoy paying around 25% of your income and then another 10% and then some more in fees, charges and anything else they can screw you for?

Taxation doesn't bother me in the slightest.

As I said, you must be living in a different Australia to me.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #54 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 4:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:55pm:

Taxation doesn't bother me in the slightest.

As I said, you must be living in a different Australia to me.

If multinationals, business and the super rich paid their fair share of tax, we wouldn't have to pay tax.

But govco go for the easy meat, and grab it off you before you even see it.

I would also have no issue with tax.......if it was spent as intended.
Not as a bottomless pit for the politician and senior public servant parasites to fund their inane and worthless existences and extravagant lifestyles.

MAY THEY ROT PAINFULLY IN HELL FOR ETERNITY.

I was going to say be exposed to john howard's ugly face and ranting for 5 years, but even I have some compassion.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 4:04pm

FREE HEALTH CARE???????
What planet are you on.

I pay $1,200 a year to a private fund.

For that I get ambulance cover, hospital cover, free glasses, free dental check-ups (and cleans), about 60% of all bills paid,  discount travel insurance, etc.

With Medicare I get free doctor's visits, free hospital treatment, free eye checks, etc.

If you're paying 4K and getting nothing back, you might want to move to another fund.

I'm pretty happy with the health system here.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #56 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 4:20pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 4:04pm:
FREE HEALTH CARE???????
What planet are you on.

I pay $1,200 a year to a private fund.

For that I get ambulance cover, hospital cover, free glasses, free dental check-ups (and cleans), about 60% of all bills paid,  discount travel insurance, etc.

With Medicare I get free doctor's visits, free hospital treatment, free eye checks, etc.

If you're paying 4K and getting nothing back, you might want to move to another fund.

I'm pretty happy with the health system here.

What % of your menopausal HRT is covered?

IBI

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #57 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 4:26pm

Very apt for a country whose culture was created by British boat people comprising murderers, rapists, common thieves and cockney barrow boys and their guards; homicidal maniacs in military uniforms who were unfit for real military service.

Australian history was not required reading for you when you applied for refugee status to Australia, was it Unforgiven?

You should know that murderers and rapists were not part of the convicts transported to Australia. And just the petty thieves of people stealing food were among them.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #58 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 4:47pm

Cost of living always going up.

Wages stagnating.

You work it out.

Unless of course you're CEO or a politician.

Then life is care free.................. Cheesy

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:07pm

Unforgiven wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 11:01am:
issuevoter wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 10:55am:
Unforgiven wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 10:43am:
issuevoter wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 10:28am:

Do you see anything good about Australia?

Weather is good.

Putting aside the weather, what country would you say is a better place to live?

USA is. Taxes are lower, houses and all goods are cheaper especially restaurants.
yeah. as long as you  are on Australian wages. Doesnt quite work that way though, half of the US working population live in abject poverty on the basic wage. Not cheap for them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print