Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The human Molotov cocktail (Read 1586 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The human Molotov cocktail
Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 6:14pm

The world needs Trump.  America needs Trump.

We have wall to wall Hillarys (see Merkel, Turnbull, Trudeau, Juncker, Hollande etc) .

America has tried the metrosexual Euro weenie angle with O'bama and it has been a grotesque minstrel show - America has been catching up to Kenya for 8 years.

Time for disruption.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 8:04pm

What do we need Trump for, old boy?

Not Lacanian, is he?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 8:31pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 5:36pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 5:11pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 12:24pm:
Our car business in Australia didn't go bust because the government withdrew tariffs and subsidies. Ultimately, it busted because not enough people wanted Australian cars.

govt. isn't entirely blameless .... every other car manufacturing country in the world receives govt. subsidies. Many far more than Australian manufacturers were receiving.

But it's not enough.

sometimes it is. Holden were prepared to commit to building two models for a further ten years if the govt. kept up the subsidies. I'm sure were weren't the only country where the industry is dependent on govt. subsidies

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:02am

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 8:04pm:

Not Lacanian, is he?

The political class in the West everywhere needs a massive digital disruption from the people. And Trump’s Election Will Be Biggest digital disruption (ie ‘F*ck You’) in Human History.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:06am

Frank wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:02am:

Not Lacanian, is he?

The political class in the West everywhere needs a massive digital disruption from the people. And Trump’s Election Will Be Biggest digital disruption (ie ‘F*ck You’) in Human History.

But the people don't want Trump. They say so. In every poll - trustworthiness, likability, honesty, etc, etc, etc, they give him the digital disruption.

But I'm still curious. What do we need Trump for?

What do you think he would do that we need?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:10am

issuevoter wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 9:37am:
bogarde73 wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 6:11am:
When Trump came to the Detroit Economic Club he stood in front of Ford Motor Co execs and said:
"If you close those factories here and open them in Mexico, I will put a 35% tariff on the cars and when you ship them back here nobody will buy them"

Stunned Ford executives, music to the ears of Michigan workers.
-zerohedge

In some ways, this issue, has been the "elephant in the room," for twenty years. Globalisation was never intended to bring you cheaper goods. It was a way of getting cheaper labour, thereby benefiting those who do the importing. Lower prices were just the bait to get Western workers to go along with the developments. But the reality is that, sooner or later, the pool of wealth at the consumer level will run out. The goose that laid the golden egg will be dead, but dynasties and their corporations are already international, and are free to feast on corpses elsewhere.

The problem with Trump, apart from being a total asshole, is that while he has identified real problems, he has no capacity for articulating them in universal terms that would be undeniable to all intelligent voters.

He's like one of these dreadful Hollywood types who, intoxicated with their narrow success, must then write, direct, and act in a production. And then they wonder why it fails at the box-office. If you cannot delegate, you certainly will fail as a leader of a complex organisation.

OK on second thought, my metaphor is flawed, but you catch my drift.

Post of the Day.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:12am

John Smith wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 8:31pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 5:36pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 5:11pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 12:24pm:
Our car business in Australia didn't go bust because the government withdrew tariffs and subsidies. Ultimately, it busted because not enough people wanted Australian cars.

govt. isn't entirely blameless .... every other car manufacturing country in the world receives govt. subsidies. Many far more than Australian manufacturers were receiving.

But it's not enough.

sometimes it is. Holden were prepared to commit to building two models for a further ten years if the govt. kept up the subsidies. I'm sure were weren't the only country where the industry is dependent on govt. subsidies

Two models, subsidised to the cost of about $15,000 of commonwealth revenue per car - if they could sell them. For a mere ten years.

That money could pay for doctors and nurses. Imagine what the World Health Organization or MSF could do with it.

Something tells me you're in the car-making union, JS. No worries.

I'm in a union too - the one with the doctors and nurses. We'll send our respective delegates to the next state conference to battle it out, shall we?

Scrap that. If you support our delegate for the NSW upper house, we'll go with your plan for Holden if we get erected, okay?

Politics 101, innit.

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:19am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:22am

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:06am:

The political class needs to be shaken out of its complacency for believing its a private club that has a royal entitlement to power over the hoi polloi - and a political infidel outsider like Trump sitting in the Oval Office would be just the right sort of irritation to disabuse the Born to Rule mob of their grandiose assumptions about themselves.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:27am

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:12am:
Two models, subsidised to the cost of about $15,000 of commonwealth revenue per car - if they could sell them. For a mere ten years.

not sure where you got that number from

http://theconversation.com/factcheck-do-other-countries-subsidise-their-car-indu...

What will it cost to not subsidise? Most of the people will lose their jobs have been with Holden and Toyota for years ... many will never work again. Sure we were paying money, but we were also collecting money via incomes taxes, sales taxes, exports and GST

I have absolutely nothing to do with the auto industry and I've never been in any union.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:35am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:22am:

The political class needs to be shaken out of its complacency for believing its a private club that has a royal entitlement to power over the hoi polloi - and a political infidel outsider like Trump sitting in the Oval Office would be just the right sort of irritation to disabuse the Born to Rule mob of their grandiose assumptions about themselves.

None of that means anything, Herb. A president usually comes with policies and ideas, political deals and costed plans. They get elected to deliver these things, and their performance - their legacy - is measured by this.

You're saying Trump should just be president. He should pop his head out every few weeks and say something scandalous - something that will annoy the hoi polloi. Then he can just go back to Trump Tower, star on the Apprentice, post about celebrities on Twitter, and develop golf courses.

But I'm curious. Couldn't he do this without becoming president?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:43am

John Smith wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:27am:

not sure where you got that number from

https://62e528761d0685343e1c-f3d1b99a743ffa4142d9d7f1978d9686.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.co...

http://theconversation.com/factcheck-do-other-countries-subsidise-their-car-indu...

What will it cost to not subsidise? Most of the people will lose their jobs have been with Holden and Toyota for years ... many will never work again. Sure we were paying money, but we were also collecting money via incomes taxes, sales taxes, exports and GST

I have absolutely nothing to do with the auto industry and I've never been in any union.

Well, you have a point. I certainly got my figures wrong. Those guys should work again because of the retraining package the government helps to fund too.

Businesses close down. People don't want enough Australian cars to keep this business going. Under our political- economic model (capitalism), the government isn't responsible for ensuring every worker has a job for life.

We could always change that, but we'd need a bit more than union delegates and state conferences to get that happening, JS.

The revolution will not be televised.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:15am

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:43am:
Those guys should work again because of the retraining package the government helps to fund too

Just to clarify. I'm not 'pro subsidy' .... but if the cost of not subsidising is going to be more than the cost of subsidising, then it's folly to not subsidising.

Yes, the govt. is retraining, but of those the figures I've seen predict that half can expect to find other work, many of them part time. May will never work again. If you add the cost of the social security payments to those, the cost of retraining, the loss of income taxes and gst revenue etc .. It's not just those that work for Holden and Toyota, but a whole series of manufacturers that supply them that now have no domestic market, and because of the govt's FTA's, can't export to the biggest car manufacturer and their potentially largest market', Japan.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 6:10pm

Frank wrote on Oct 29th, 2016 at 9:02am:

Not Lacanian, is he?

But the people don't want Trump. They say so. In every poll - trustworthiness, likability, honesty, etc, etc, etc, they give him the digital disruption.

He would be a circuit breaker. With Trump as president we would finally break from the Clinton/Bush/O'bama complecency of  'it cannot be done'.

America returning to its can-do nature, the so called 'free world' would also find its long lost cultural confidence. Wilders, Le Pen, AfD would be swept into power, the push-back against jihad, a la 'shores of Tripoli' would be reprised and China would collapse like Japan did in the 1990s - and not a moment too soon.

Americans do not want their jobs to go to low labour cost third world countries UNLESS they can get another, better paid job. So if globalisation means the depression of wages in America and the massive trade surplus of China, they do not want it. And they re right not wanting it.

American companies ditching their workforce, moving to Mexico and then bringing back good tariff free is nor right. It is bad, nasty, corporate citizenship.

Letting in untold millions of illegal immigrants is not right. It is against the law an Trump would imply enforce the law. You can't fault that.

Japan, Europe, Korea should pay a lot more for the cost of their own defence and should not simply let the American taxpayer pick up most of the tab.

Tax- if high tax means lower productivity, less participation the lower it.

Etc, etc.

What the world doesn't need is more of the same we have had with O'bama, the Bushes, Clinton.

The world needs to review its path from 1989 and take the other route because the one we have been on is leading to decline, decadence, degradation and dewhatever.

Bonus:

...i

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2016 at 6:21pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:23pm

Thanks, Frank, but you're still pitching negatives. What policies does Trump intend to apply to achieve the lack of things you want?

Don't say tariffs. Trump can't impose them. More importantly, no one will want them. Tariffs are taxes.

If all you want is a global movement to keep the tinted races out - Wilders, le Pen - no worries. Move back to the old country.

What are you doing here, anyway? You refuse to assimilate. You hate everything our country stands for.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #29 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:33pm

Trumps courting the Black vote, & he's succeeding. His numbers among blacks (something you haven't heard reported because them MSM doesn't want you to know) his numbers among blacks is the highest any Republican Presidential Candidate has had for many, many years......since the 60's!

The following 2 Videos tell how voting democrat for over 50 years (97% of Blacks traditionally vote democrat every election) voting democrat has got them nowhere, because the democrats promise everything, but take them for granted & give them nothing. 

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:50pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print