Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Parents showing themselves to be idiots (Read 1721 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Parents showing themselves to be idiots
Reply #15 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 7:09am

My sister in law is an awful mother and her twin 10 y/o boys are horrible. One is slow, and the other is reasonably intelligent but has many issues like anger management, all parental induced.

Now I never hit my child as I've simply never needed to but once or twice I've given her what I call a 'faux flogging'. When she's tried something on I give her an overwhelming display of force, picking her up and tossing her around (all under control and not harming a hair on her head) and it scares the crap out of her, but then I talk her down and say if you ever try physical defiance on me, it will never ever work.

The boys used to spend two weeks with us during the holidays and when they did stuff like pulling tantrums or hitting out at my wife/daughter they got the faux flogging and it was like it snapped them into a new reality. Those two weeks are like a boot camp for them but just normal life for us, no screens, good food and at least 2 sessions of hard physical activity a day.

When I handed them back to their mother they were different kids but sadly the other 50 weeks a year or horrible parenting and hanging around other non achieving kids and parents have ruined them and I won't allowed them to stay at my place anymore.

No doubt the fat kid on 7:30 report has issues, but nothing that very firm parenting can't keep in check.

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 7:50am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 6:30am:
John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 8:27pm:
one good smack across the back of the head and that kid wouldn't be so mouthy

anti smacking rules have gone to far

NO! As a parent you should know never to hit your child on the head. Ever.

Paddle his backside, but never slam your open hand against a child's head. It has life-long repercussions of low self-esteem, sense of worthlessness, diminished pride in oneself, etc.

what parent ? that guy wasn't his parent you doofus

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 7:53am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 6:37am:
Belgarion wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 8:33pm:
Whats the bet that this little toerag has never been exposed to the consequences of his actions? He will carry on like a dick and be protected by his parents or teachers because he has "a disorder".  If he was left to his own devices in the playground or wherever he would soon learn that such behaviour will result in a lesson form the other kids on the proper way to conduct yourself among your peers.  Wink 

Small, fat, ethnic kids whose parents believe he can do no wrong end up like none other than John Smith Nick Kyrgios ...

me? If I even looked at my dad wrong it was off with the belt.
I don't think you've ever spent any time with ethnic kids Herb ... peeping at them through the windows doesn't count

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 8:00am

John Smith wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 7:53am:
I don't think you've ever spent any time with ethnic kids Herb ... peeping at them through the windows doesn't count

Except in the case of Muslim male kids, I'll concede the point.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 8:05am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 8:00am:
John Smith wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 7:53am:

Except in the case of Muslim male kids, I'll concede the point.

ahh ... you have a penchant for male muslim kids?

just don't get caught. Tongue

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 8:20am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 7:06am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 11:30pm:
Just encountering reading of Delusional Disorder (and PTSD) specifically regarding an SAS Trooper who apparently has delusions that he worked for the security services as well ..... and the Guv sent the cops around to raid his house, under the impression there were 4-6 of his mates there with firearms and explosives and engaged in plotting nefarious deeds..... he was the only one home at the time of the raid.....

The mind boggles...... whoever wrote this has been reading my books.....

Some of these designer disorders are amazing...... and they seem to be used to subvert the truth more often than not.....

Yes indeed.

Remember when it was all the rage among American psychologists to dig up what was later referred to as 'False Memory Syndrome' in prepubescent children to convince them they had been molested by their fathers/uncles/grandfathers/the neighbours/teachers/the Lollypop traffic man/and the rest.

It became an epidemic of hysteria, with every second mother dragging their little girl along to psychologists to have this 'information' teased out of them through persuasion, suggestion, implied hints, etc etc.

And then along came the Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) racket which made a killing for the drugs companies.

ADD is an interesting phenomenom.
there is a great book called "the shallows"..."how the internet is making you dumb" that deals with this.
It is not just children.
The book "losing your virginity" by Richard bransen , is an excellent biography.
someone wanting to be successful in life could maybe shave 5 years off their learning curve by reading it.
But 99 % of people going into a small business would never read it.
they dont have the focus. the little hits of stimulation on facebook or twitter or whatever are tooo enticing.

The good news is that for the person who CAN focus.
For the person who has a "north star" its actually a piece of cake to be successful nowadays because the opposition is just so unfocused. The opposition is eating the wrong foods, hanging out with the wrong people, doing the wrong leisure pursuits....you will absolutley stunt on their faces with very little effort at all.
if you dont want to , you have success barriers....you are basicly addicted to apathy and addicted to laziness.

This is where the problem is .
It requires more effort to read bransens book then to read cartoons on facebook. 99 % of people will never read it. and its available for free at your library. Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #21 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 9:03am

Kids need to learn their place.
This is not just a saying, it is a pure fact of life.

This kid is in for a whole lot of hurt as he gets older if he is not reigned in soon.

Ever heard of tough love, its a fact.
I have three children, two girls and a boy.
We had our issues and one of my sons mates actually punched me.
He was ejected from my house without fanfare.
But all three kids have grown up to be good workers, two are managers and well liked.

I was also a Scout, Venturer and Rover leader, there we had our share of difficult kids.
And as a martial arts instructor, again the problem kids show up.
It would be so easy to trade verbal insults and argue with them, but this is exactly what they want.
It makes them feel superior and with today's kids thinking they have all the rights in the world, they think they are indestructible.

The easy way is to simply ignore them and work with those who wish to participate.
You totally refuse to engage, only ever engaging if they present a danger to the other children.
I never allowed a problem child to attend Scouts, Venturers or Martial arts more than three times.
Give them a chance, a warning but after that I tell the parents they are no longer welcome.

Later in life these type of kids grow up to be problem adults.
But its easy enough to rid yourself of them in the workplace.
In 40 years of management I have only had to sack two people, both were unruly and argumentative, one was truly dangerous.
They both got their required warnings, it was all formal and documented with union attendance.
But they both were no longer a problem, and I have never given either of them a reference.
I simply state that I would prefer not to, without further comment.

This kid will end up in a dead end job, hating life and taking it out on everyone around him.
If he manages to find a woman to put up with his crap, she will be the poor sod who will bear the brunt of his disability, her and any poor kids they may have.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 9:46am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 7:06am:
Remember when it was all the rage among American psychologists to dig up what was later referred to as 'False Memory Syndrome' in prepubescent children to convince them they had been molested by their fathers/uncles/grandfathers/the neighbours/teachers/the Lollypop traffic man/and the rest.

Yes. It's a truly disgusting practice.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 10:02am

Valkie wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 9:03am:
Kids need to learn their place.
This is not just a saying, it is a pure fact of life.

This kid is in for a whole lot of hurt as he gets older if he is not reigned in soon.

Ever heard of tough love, its a fact.
I have three children, two girls and a boy.
We had our issues and one of my sons mates actually punched me.
He was ejected from my house without fanfare.
But all three kids have grown up to be good workers, two are managers and well liked.

I was also a Scout, Venturer and Rover leader, there we had our share of difficult kids.
And as a martial arts instructor, again the problem kids show up.
It would be so easy to trade verbal insults and argue with them, but this is exactly what they want.
It makes them feel superior and with today's kids thinking they have all the rights in the world, they think they are indestructible.

The easy way is to simply ignore them and work with those who wish to participate.
You totally refuse to engage, only ever engaging if they present a danger to the other children.
I never allowed a problem child to attend Scouts, Venturers or Martial arts more than three times.
Give them a chance, a warning but after that I tell the parents they are no longer welcome.

Later in life these type of kids grow up to be problem adults.
But its easy enough to rid yourself of them in the workplace.
In 40 years of management I have only had to sack two people, both were unruly and argumentative, one was truly dangerous.
They both got their required warnings, it was all formal and documented with union attendance.
But they both were no longer a problem, and I have never given either of them a reference.
I simply state that I would prefer not to, without further comment.

This kid will end up in a dead end job, hating life and taking it out on everyone around him.
If he manages to find a woman to put up with his crap, she will be the poor sod who will bear the brunt of his disability, her and any poor kids they may have.

This is not only good for them it is good for you.
Strong personal boundaries are a must.
You must see yourself as an "entity" and you only let the good stuff in.
See yourself like a great nightclub with a strong bouncer on the door. You want it to be awesome.

the bouncer only allows in good food, good exercise, good emotions, positive people with a friendly smile and a good vibe.

any negative people, any people who wont get with the program are ignored. they can stand at the door whining and being a cry baby but the strong bouncer (your personal boundaries) does not let it in.

its why i do not watch the news at night or ABC  political shows that feature a toxic negativity.you should  just watch uplifting stuff.
maybe read a self help book and watch david attenborrouigh with the kids

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 11:22am

Gordon wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 7:09am:
My sister in law is an awful mother and her twin 10 y/o boys are horrible. One is slow, and the other is reasonably intelligent but has many issues like anger management, all parental induced.

Now I never hit my child as I've simply never needed to but once or twice I've given her what I call a 'faux flogging'. When she's tried something on I give her an overwhelming display of force, picking her up and tossing her around (all under control and not harming a hair on her head) and it scares the crap out of her, but then I talk her down and say if you ever try physical defiance on me, it will never ever work.

The boys used to spend two weeks with us during the holidays and when they did stuff like pulling tantrums or hitting out at my wife/daughter they got the faux flogging and it was like it snapped them into a new reality. Those two weeks are like a boot camp for them but just normal life for us, no screens, good food and at least 2 sessions of hard physical activity a day.

When I handed them back to their mother they were different kids but sadly the other 50 weeks a year or horrible parenting and hanging around other non achieving kids and parents have ruined them and I won't allowed them to stay at my place anymore.

No doubt the fat kid on 7:30 report has issues, but nothing that very firm parenting can't keep in check.

My grandson came from a dysfunctional and unhappy marriage that finally folded. His behaviour was terrible and he was an angry, unhappy child. He came to live with us for 2 years but it took just 2 weeks to settle him down - literally. We gave him love, safety, security and boundaries and yes, the odd couple of smacks. Now 4 years later he is literally a role model for behaviour at his school. Sometimes kids need little more than boundaries, discipline and an over-abundance of love and care.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #25 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 2:26pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 11:22am:

My grandson came from a dysfunctional and unhappy marriage that finally folded. His behaviour was terrible and he was an angry, unhappy child. He came to live with us for 2 years but it took just 2 weeks to settle him down - literally. We gave him love, safety, security and boundaries and yes, the odd couple of smacks. Now 4 years later he is literally a role model for behaviour at his school. Sometimes kids need little more than boundaries, discipline and an over-abundance of love and care.

And goals.

IBI

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 2:49pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 2:26pm:

And goals.

When they are older, but as young children they just need loving and responsible parenting.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 2:54pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 2:49pm:

And goals.

When they are older, but as young children they just need loving and responsible parenting.

What age is your grandson?  Well done for stepping up.

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #28 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 3:14pm

Belgarion wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 8:33pm:
Whats the bet that this little toerag has never been exposed to the consequences of his actions? He will carry on like a dick and be protected by his parents or teachers because he has "a disorder".  If he was left to his own devices in the playground or wherever he would soon learn that such behaviour will result in a lesson form the other kids on the proper way to conduct yourself among your peers.  Wink 

Does Bulgarian recommend this sort of peer treatment? It might explain Bulgarian's psychotic state where he deludes himself that he is an Aboriginal:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-25/royal-commission-into-child-sexual-abuse-k...

Quote:
Royal Commission hears former student was sexually assaulted, bound and choked at exclusive Kings School in Sydney

A man has broken down at a Royal Commission hearing while giving a harrowing account of being sexually abused, assaulted, bullied, bound and choked at an exclusive Sydney boys school.

The witness, who is now in his fifties, told the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse that he was abused in the first week he arrived at The Kings School, in January 1972.

"I was sitting in the [recreation] room when one of the boys pushed me off a wooden bench seat that he was sitting on — it was his to sit on, not mine," he said.

"It ended in a few minutes when he took to my face and my body with his fists, he beat me until I cried then I ran off to the dorm."

The witness, who was 11 at the time, told the inquiry things got worse after that.

"A week later, or two, the same boy sexually abused me," the witness said.

"He was in the dorm naked reading a porn magazine and masturbating.

"I've never forgot how shocked I was — I'd never seen a man's erection before and I froze.

"He wouldn't let me leave until he finished and then he asked, don't you like porn?"
"I was 11 years old, I didn't know porn existed until I arrived at Kings," he said.

The former student said for the next six years he was labelled "the poofter" at the school, and he did not report the abuse for fear of being beaten.

He said older boys ran initiations for younger students and he was forced to take part in a series of violent traditions including "black balling" — where boys would cover his scrotum with boot polish.

On one occasion he said he was set-upon by five boys who held him down while he was sexually assaulted.

He told the inquiry he was often threatened with knives and deprived of liberty, on one occasion he was bound and choked with his school tie until he passed out.

He said the abuse took a heavy toll.

"My life at Kings was so unhappy I became increasingly angry and depressed."
The witness said teachers at the school turned a blind eye to the abuse.

"I was constantly and mentally assaulted by abusers, and other boys, right under the nose of masters and teachers — whose pastoral care medical teams were supposed to be in charge of my welfare," the witness said.

Teacher punished him, survivor says

The former student said that one teacher even sought to blame him for his predicament.

"He often remonstrated with me for failing to get along with other boys, my school work, my attitude," he said.

"He punished weak boys with neglect and made them be punished with pack drills — which were calisthenics [done] to the point of failure — and the boys would cry."
He said the situation became so dire that he considered suicide.

He told the hearing that he thought telling teachers was not an option, because of reprisals, and that he was too ashamed to tell his parents.

"How could I tell a soul that I'd been raped by a boy with his hand, and the whole school thought I was gay, and they beat me, and tormented me, and did unspeakable acts to me," he said.

The former student said Kings had denied him access to his school records and had not apologised or made recompense.

He told the inquiry he suffers ongoing trauma as a result of his treatment, including depression and flash-backs.

He said he wants the school to admit they failed him, and that it was "not the child…this kid didn't fail".

"I was made a victim for six years, and none of us that have suffered institutional abuse — be it sexual or otherwise — want to look like victims.
"For [The Kings School] to claim they didn't know anything like this was happening is totally incredulous," he said.

School principal concerned about the school's image, says victim

Another man, John Williams, spoke at the hearing saying he was sexually abused at the Kings School in Sydney in the 1960s, and he was rebuffed when he finally went to confront school authorities in 2002.

Mr Williams said he went to the meeting seeking acknowledgment of the abuse, rather than for compensation, but meeting with Principal Tim Hawkes gave him little comfort.

"Tim Hawkes told me that he understood what had happened when I was at school however he was very concerned about the school's image, and said if it went public it would have a negative impact on the school," Mr Williams said.

"He also talked about the school not having enough money to help me."

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 3:47pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 2:54pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 2:49pm:

And goals.

What age is your grandson?  Well done for stepping up.

Thanks. He was 5 or 6 at the time. it might sound young, but this is the age at which you can start to lose them.

Being a grandparent can be awesome, but also an awesome responsibility because it is partly your role to provide advice and support when things go wrong as they tend to do at times.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print