Send Topic Print
Winx the Magnificent (Read 5117 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Winx the Magnificent
Oct 22nd, 2016 at 10:17pm

Don't know if you are interested in horses.. or horse racing.. but no horse lover could fail to thrill at the mighty Winx.

I've always loved horses, although not always the 'Races' and I'm not a gambler, but today I was very tempted to go a punt in the trifecta. I would have won, too.
Second Place was a basic inevitability, and third... ?  a wonder filly for sure, and worthy  ....
BUT WINX is now a legend. Might be better looking horses than her, BUT nothing runs with that clean stride, that wind, and that supremacy. A marvellous sight. Smiley

By winning the Cox Plate this afternoon by a record length, in trying conditions, she is undoubtedly the most magnificent horse in Australian racing.

Her win today in the Plate was just breath-taking in her strength and beauty. If you didn't see it or don't care, you  missed something special. She won the same race last year, as a barely grown filly, and today she just trounced the whole field effortlessly.
Excellent ride from Bowman, BUT WINX, racing in all her glory is not something you will see everyday.

Magnificent..

live every day

IP Logged

philperth2010

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Winx the Magnificent
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 9:18am

I know nothing about horse racing Emma....Do you have a tip for the Melbourne Cup???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 9:24am

philperth2010 wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 9:18am:
I know nothing about horse racing Emma....Do you have a tip for the Melbourne Cup???

Huh Huh Huh

I suspect she might tip 'Winx' Wink

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:47pm

Smiley Winx won't be running in the Melbourne Cup. She's going to rest now, having won 13 races straight.

Haven't looked at the Cup yet.  Not an easy race this year to get a grip on. Later. Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 1:09pm

Wasnt she fantastic!

Lets see if she can make it three Cox Plates next year!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 9:59pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Oct 25th, 2016 at 1:09pm:
Wasnt she fantastic!

Lets see if she can make it three Cox Plates next year!

Yes she was.!! Smiley

It was thrilling to me actually. I hadn't seen many of her earlier wins except on the headlines, but had been interested since a little over a yr ago, before her 1st Cox Plate. She stood out, to my eye. Even earlier , when she showed amazing potential as a filly, here in Qld I remember thinking,  there's one to watch..

On Sat I got goosebumps watching the race on the TV, and they started when she drew up next to Hartnell, on the outside, coming into the bend, and the 600m mark....

She did what I really hoped she would, and just kept going, passing him with ease and striding away to what would have to be the most excellent win in horse racing I've enjoyed for an awfully long time..Winx was magnificent in her supremacy. I  even went as far as getting onto the Net and getting video footage, and replaying it several times.
Amazing. Smiley Smiley

I have no doubt, if she goes for a 3rd Cox Plate ?\\?? she will win it.

Have been trying to catch a bit of the Spring Carnival, and I have to thank Channel Seven for broadcasting the races.

Pity they don't show the new NIGHT Racing.
Although ,  I think that is a bit too much really. The tracks aren't really up to the workout, and it seems skewed for the benefit of punters, rather than people like me..

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 11:51pm

actually I need a little buzz.. so I'll check out that video again. Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 4:09am

well this is a bit difficult, this 2016 Melbourne Cup.  Too many unknown international horses.

I don't think Hartnell or Jameka will be in the top three.

Not proven at the distance.
Who will?  You tell me. Smiley

So much depends on luck in the running of the race.  And on the skill of the jockeys to find the best way through the big field. Always a tough ask in the Cup.

I have some , say 4 horses I think  can win, or finish in the top 3.. but need to look more into the form, and the jockey.

So ? I'm not saying. Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:41am

Emma wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:47pm:
Smiley Winx won't be running in the Melbourne Cup. She's going to rest now, having won 13 races straight.

Haven't looked at the Cup yet.  Not an easy race this year to get a grip on. Later. Smiley

Winx isn't a Melbourne Cup type of horse anyway.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #9 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 1:11am

Well Hartnell managed to run third.. a great effort. He did better than I thought he could.

The Melbourne Cup day was an enjoyable day of racing. The winner of the Cup was one of my 6 picks... none of the others even ran a place. ( 3 were chosen the night before , three from the enclosure, just prior to the race. My last pick won.

BUT 
My BEST day  ever.. as far as picks are concerned. Pity I don't gamble in a way.. I would have made heaps of moolah. Ahh weeell yes... too bad but ... not my thing . 

I just really enjoy working on the info , and my intuition , and previous observations. As I only watch the races on free to air , and the occasional news item , I have to say  I smashed it. Smiley Smiley

There were two races in particular I got a real buzz out of.  Didn't watch the first few.. still picked the winner in the first and 2 seconds in the 3rd and 4th. Still don't know what won the second.

The best thrill was the  one where Fabrizzio just slayed 'em. He was my ONLY pick in THAT race. What a beauty.

And the final race....  I had picked the first and second place getters the night before, and just before the race... I added a third.

That's the way they finished
Artistry ..fabulous win
Shillelagh
and Secret Sedition

yep the trifecta.  Smiley
Most enjoyable... but I am sure...

if i'd been a gambler,  and my picks didn't win I'd feel like crap.

Tend to avoid such opportunities for personal mayhem.
I do just love it when I get that feedback, but gambling???

Nope.... it is a mugs game. I get a buzz from successful picking... the failures aren't a problem. Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #10 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 4:21am

Hullo again folks.   Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #11 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 4:28am

Yep .  Back to say looking forward to the Autumn ...and the return of the mighty Winx.

Now that the Magic  Millions is done it is time to look towards the cooler months.  Smiley

She is likely to resume in a couple of months, or less.

??  No real news to impart.. just keeping this topic alive. I'd expect her to be unbeatable again when she resumes.  As a Mare now, and with her record, it's going to be a treat to watch.  Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #12 - Feb 3rd, 2017 at 3:50am

Winx is due to resume racing on Sat 11th Feb.

I'm looking forward to it, and notice that she remains a drawcard for horse racing. Am sure she will do well. Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #13 - Feb 3rd, 2017 at 4:15am

Winx is due to resume racing on Sat 11th Feb.

I'm looking forward to it, and notice that she remains a drawcard for horse racing. Am sure she will do well. Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #14 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 10:59pm

WinxM was to race first up tomorrow at Randwick. Seems the entire Race Meeting has been postponed..... due to extreme heat conditions expected.

Now it will be Monday it seems.

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print