Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Web Sleuths (Read 13537 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Web Sleuths
Oct 22nd, 2016 at 7:10pm

[This was commenced in Chat and moved here by Setanta on the night of the 23rd October, 2016.  Mod.]

There is a very popular USA site called Web Sleuths.  Ima not gonna give the link, but you can find it if you want to easily enough on Google.  It is what is called 'victim friendly' and it is okay if you discuss the conduct of a victim, you must never discuss the victim.  It is also not in order to pillory an accused, personally.  Discussion of their conduct is okay, but no discussion is supposed to go on about the accused person.

I've been accused of being someone who registered there using the name Elde Fruit.  Sorry, not me.....but as a consequence of the accusation, I went over there and had a look see.  The bloke clearly knew what he was talking about, but the local biddies who wanted Tostee hung from the nearest yardarm, were not happy, and poor elde Elde Fruit now shows as a 'Former Member.'  If it were up to me, I would have made the guy a Life Member!

Anyhoo, there were other developments in the last several days and I decided to register, and see how long I lasted.  Dame Edna was the name I chose, and I went to the Wright/Tostee Thread.  Within four posts, the first three were stupid "Hello Possums" stuff, and the Coven Members began to circle immediately.   I was breaching copyright, they wailed, as they gnashed their teeth, beat their breasts and flailed the beejeezuz out of their backs.

Poor old Dame Edna managed to post this:

Quote:

Possums have you mistaken me for Dame Edna Average? Darlings, there is only one of those and she is from Moonee Ponds. I was born in the much poorer and nearby Maribyrnong and there are no gladies there. Maj was from Brunswick. We were dirt poor, Darlings. Maj still is, the poor and desperate Dear. Oh, but enough about me, Darlings. Let's talk about a Toastie. Have you tried them. To die for they are Possums. (Did you see what I cleverly did there Possums. "The best jokes are often only understood by one other person." )

Almost immediately after I hit the button to make that Post....poor old Dame Edna was booted, permanently.

Makes this place look pristine in its moderation, and PA a virtual Heaven.

Grin

« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2016 at 10:15am by Mod. »  

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Re: Web Sleuths
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 7:22pm

It sounds like the perfect forum for you Aussie.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 7:26pm

AiA wrote on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 7:22pm:
It sounds like the perfect forum for you Aussie.

Nah.  Give it a go, AiA, and see if you can last longer than I did provided you express your honest view.  G'warn, get to it. 

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 8:07pm

Yuck!

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:26am

cant see any point in belonging to anywhere where you have to mind your Ps and Qs.. what is the point if you are all saying the same thing???..

I did join something yonks ago and during the course of a post said the word aboriginal...I received an email warning me not to use racists comments... or else.. I said goodbye there and then...talk about FOS.. it just doesnt exists in some places...

not sure why you are giving this airspace aussie.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:35am

cods wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:26am:

I do. Aussie's signature phrase for more than a decade has been "Elde Fruit." No one else has ever used it. No one else has ever seen it. And no one else has ever known what it means. Then an OP member sees someone using it at the forum mentioned. Aussie says it is not him. Naturally he is not believed. There you have it cods. Aussie doth protest too much methinks ...
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:42am by AiA »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:44am

AiA wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:35am:

I do. Aussie's signature phrase for more than a decade has been "Elde Fruit." No one else has ever used it. No one else has ever seen it. And no one else has ever known what it means. Then an OP member sees someone using it at the forum mentioned. Aussie says it is not him. Naturally he is not believed. There you have it cods. Aussie doth protest too much methinks ...

can I presume you are the only one who cares what aussie thinks... AiA....

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:50am

cods wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:44am:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

you presume wrong. i am merely answering your question. i have never been to the website in question nor have any desire to. nor are aussie's other online activities of any interest to me. don't ask a question cods if you are not prepared for the answer. you're just schitt stirring - stop it or you will lose an eye!
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:59am by AiA »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:02am

AiA wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:50am:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

you presume wrong. i am merely answering your question. i have never been to the website in question nor have any desire to. nor are aussie's other online activities of any interest to me. don't ask a question cods if you are not prepared for the answer. you're just poo stirring - stop it or you will lose an eye!

ahhhhh violence becomes you

I fear no one AiA...especially a lost soul from PA. who wanders too far sometimes...

well maybe IQ.. you are not him.. are you?..

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:03am

cods wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:02am:
AiA wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 6:50am:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

you presume wrong. i am merely answering your question. i have never been to the website in question nor have any desire to. nor are aussie's other online activities of any interest to me. don't ask a question cods if you are not prepared for the answer. you're just poo stirring - stop it or you will lose an eye!

ahhhhh violence becomes you

I fear no one AiA...especially a lost soul from PA. who wanders too far sometimes...

well maybe IQ.. you are not him.. are you?..

not interested. just answering your question to aussie. buh-bye!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:09am

well at least you admit the question was to aussie...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

must have been the violence word...hummmmmmmmmmmmm

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #11 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:40am

Google "Elde Fruit" and there is no such word, except for somebody with that ID at Websleuths.  Read the posts here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?318796-Australia-Warriena-Wright...

Oh, and the posters are mostly Australians, not Americans, since it is an Australian Trial.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:28am

Neferti wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:40am:
Google "Elde Fruit" and there is no such word, except for somebody with that ID at Websleuths.  Read the posts here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?318796-Australia-Warriena-Wright...

Oh, and the posters are mostly Australians, not Americans, since it is an Australian Trial.

is what aussie claims true though.. as an American site it wouldnt surprise me they have such double standards

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 9:09am

I created a username , password and registered.
That site will not let me logon   BASTARDS.

I was reading about the Claremont Serial Killings.

I wanted to ask why everyone assumes it was a man responsible?
(they say "he" all the time)

Is there any evidence that it is a male?

I suspect those young women would have been smart enough to suspect any male in that area,,, which makes me suspect a female involved in the crime.

I am from Perth and everyone there should remember the Birnies and how females can be the more deadly of our species.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 9:14am

Oh, it is true, cods.  Also, despite the Rules, you can say what you like about Tostee, anything and everything goes and is okay, but, say anything negative about Ms Wright the claws come out just as quickly as the Mods.  It is an atrocious hypocrisy at best.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print