Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Half republicans would not accept election result (Read 1020 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Half republicans would not accept election result
Oct 22nd, 2016 at 7:01pm

That's very interesting and a response to Trump's strategy of calling the election rigged. Who knows what the consequences will be because there are some really dumb people in the USA.

There's a similar problem on the Democrat side with acceptance of a Trump win.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/21/republicans-reject-us-election-r...

Quote:
Half of Republicans would reject election result if Clinton wins, poll finds

70% of Republicans believe Clinton could only win through fraud

Seven out of 10 Democrats would accept a Trump victory

Only half of Republicans would accept Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee, as their president, according to a new poll. And if she wins, nearly 70% said it would be because of illegal voting or vote rigging, according to a Reuters/Ipsos survey released on Friday.

Conversely, seven out of 10 Democrats said they would accept a Donald Trump victory and less than 50% would attribute it to illegal voting or vote rigging, the poll showed.

The findings come after repeated statements by Trump that the media and the political establishment have rigged the election against him. He has also made a number of statements encouraging his supporters to fan out on election day to stop ineligible voters from casting ballots.

Analysis What would happen if Donald Trump refused to concede this election?
The vote of the electoral college is conclusive, legal experts say, and it’s irrelevant whether the loser concedes or not

The US government has accused Russia of a campaign of cyber-attacks against Democratic party organizations and state election systems.

Clinton has said she will accept the results of the election no matter the outcome.

The poll showed there is broad concern across the political spectrum about voting issues such as ineligible voters casting ballots, voter suppression, and the actual vote count, but Republicans feel that concern more acutely.

For example, nearly eight out of 10 Republicans are concerned about the accuracy of the final vote count. And though generally they believe they will be able to cast their ballot, only six out of 10 are confident their vote will be counted accurately.

Among Democrats, about six out of 10 are concerned about the vote count. They, too, believe they will be able to cast their ballot, but eight out of 10 are confident their vote will be counted accurately.

“Republicans are just more worried about everything than Democrats,” said Lonna Atkeson, a professor at the University of New Mexico and head of the Center for the Study of Voting, Elections, and Democracy.

Additionally, seven out of 10 Republicans are concerned about issues such as vote buying, faulty voting machines, or confusing ballot designs. Six out of 10 Democrats feel the same way.

Nearly eight out of 10 Republicans are concerned that ineligible voters, including non-citizens, will illegally cast ballots. Four out of 10 Democrats feel the same way.

Six out of 10 respondents, regardless of party, say they are concerned about issues such as voter intimidation and suppression.

Atkeson said the level of concern and mistrust in the system, especially among Republicans, is unprecedented.

“I’ve never seen an election like this. Not in my lifetime. Certainly not in modern history.” The difference, she said, is Trump. “It has to be the candidate effect.”

She worries that the lack of trust is dangerous. It is one thing to not trust government, but quite another to doubt the election process. “Then the entire premise of democracy comes into question,” she said.

About one in five Democrats said they would protest if their candidate loses. Slightly fewer Republicans said they would do the same. Fewer than one in 10 Democrats said they are prepared to take up arms in opposition compared with fewer than one in 20 Republicans.

Democrats are also three times as likely to say they would leave the country.

There is one area where there is little disagreement: most people do not expect the losing candidate to concede the race gracefully.

The poll surveyed 1,192 American adults online from 17 to 21 October. The results have a credibility interval of plus or minus 3.3 percentage points. The credibility interval for Democrats is 5.1 percentage points; for Republicans it is 5.5 points.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Half republicans would not accept election result
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:22am

It is not an option besides the only rigged elections have gone their way.

How good was Bush winning 5 to 3 in the high court after refusing to count the votes.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:17am

If it were optional I wonder how many people would have accepted the Abbott joke.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:24am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:17am:
If it were optional I wonder how many people would have accepted the Abbott joke.

he won fair and square krudd didnt stand a chance......

you wont face that will you??..  it was gillard that got in with dodgy deals..

the joke is turnbull just another shorten pretending to be a team man.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:30am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:22am:

How good was Bush winning 5 to 3 in the high court after refusing to count the votes.

Pot, Kettle and Black springs to mind. Australians are the worst losers on the planet, and they're not too good when they're victorious either.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:32am

Fuzzball wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:30am:
Pot, Kettle and Black springs to mind. Australians are the worst losers on the planet, and they're not too good when they're victorious either.

how is that even relevant? it's not Australians crying that it's rigged Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:35am

not wrong the left are still bitter just check out dnas response... Grin Grin Grin Grin

we did have a case of missing votes... remember....not the same as rigged I admit but never the less  it gives one food for thought.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:39am

cods wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:35am:
not wrong the left are still bitter just check out dnas response... Grin Grin Grin Grin

what exactly was bitter about DNA's response?

I bet you don't even realise that almost every one of your posts oozes bitterness ... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:50am

John Smith wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:39am:

I bet you don't even realise that almost every one of your posts oozes bitterness ... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

thats why you cant wait to respond.......with your usual boring comments....ooops wait no mention of Abbott or drunk... saving that for later I am sure..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 9:00am

cods wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:50am:

thats why you cant wait to respond.......with your usual boring comments....ooops wait no mention of Abbott or drunk... saving that for later I am sure..

that's why you can't wait to respond  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ooops wait, no mention of O'beid or Thommo ... saving that for later I am sure..

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 10:51am

cods wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:50am:

I think Death Rides a Horse has hijacked Cods account. Someone better inform freediver

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 10:55am

The same thing happened in Australia in 2010.
Was it Longy who for three years had "this government is illegitimate" in his signature?

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 11:24am

cods wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:24am:
Dnarever wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:17am:

he won fair and square krudd didnt stand a chance......

you wont face that will you??..  it was gillard that got in with dodgy deals..

the joke is turnbull just another shorten pretending to be a team man.

he won fair and square krudd didnt stand a chance

His entire period in opposition and his election campaign was based on nothing but lies. People voted for good economic management and didn't get it, they voted for a surplus and didn't get it, they voted for no cuts to education and didn't get it. They voted for the guy who said that Labor were performing badly and then proceeded to perform much worse.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 11:32am

we did have a case of missing votes... remember....not the same as rigged I admit but never the less  it gives one food for thought.

You forget that in that US election it came out that the poor areas still had punch card voting system which had about a 400% greater chance of casting an informal vote.

i.e. people in poorer areas (democrat voters) votes were not being counted properly, possibly for a few decades.

There was the disgraceful reality that every review process went the way of political loyalty, the legal system was shown to be corrupt. Even the High court went with political appointments. The whole election was a disgrace it was effectively decided by 5 judges the only people in the end who had a vote.

The election was literally won with a count of 5 votes to 3.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 11:38am

She gets a bitter taste in her mouth when I am right.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print