Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Dilema - Age Appropriate (Read 3753 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Dilema - Age Appropriate
Reply #45 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 5:09pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 4:53pm:
Gordon wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 4:39pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 4:29pm:
rhino wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 4:28pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 3:41pm:
I'm satisfied the school didn't go into any details they shouldn't have. Still don't know where he saw a photo of a skeleton but I'm satisfied it wasn't on any materials the school gave him.  .
So it never happened. thought so.

what never happened? Did they explain what happened to Daniel? yes, that did happen.

Who did the presentation?

there was no set 'presentation ' ... they gave the kids a little pamphlet about wearing red for Daniel day, then fielded questions from the kids.

Upload it

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 5:13pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 4:28pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 4:00pm:
As if some kid at School just had it (photo of whatever it was)....on them the very day the School brought the subject up.

nah. ...  I don't think he saw a photo of Daniels skeleton. I've now seen all the material the kids saw. there is nothing there that worries me.

I've been a tad 'sneaky lawyerish' with this.  There is no photo of Daniel Morcombe's skeleton.  A full skeleton was never found.  Just some random bones which were his.

Something scared the beejeezuz out of your Son.  What was it?

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 5:19pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 7:41pm:
Today, my 7 year old came home from school whereby he told me all about Daniel Morcombe and what happened to him. Apparently he was even shown pictures even of Daniels skeleton. I'm not sure how much detail they went into, or even why .... but he seems to know the general gist of the case.

He is now terrified about some nutter coming in and getting him. I've spent the majority of the afternoon trying to explain to him that these things are a rare occurance, that he is safe, that mummy and daddy will protect him etc etc. But when I tried to send him upstairs to grab a jumper, he was terrified that some bad man was waiting for him and refused to go up unless I accompanied him. He's not normally like this. Now he's even talking about wanting to sleep in my bed ... something he hasn't done since he was 12 months old.

I've always avoided stories of bogey men etc because I didn't want him growing up to be afraid. I wanted him to be confident, but still make smart choices.

I've been trying to work out why they had this discussion, and for the life of me can't work out why. Sure, they have lessons about stranger danger ... but they don't need to go into details about real life crimes or frighten the crap out of kids to make that point. I'm of the opinion that I am going to go to his school on Monday morning and raise hell.

My question, does anyone think it's appropriate that schools discuss murder cases with 7 year olds? Or can anyone think of a good reason why a 7 year old even needs to know about it?

Kids that age should be aware of Stranger danger. But what you have described is beyond that.
7 is too young to go into the details of Morcombes death.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 5:09pm:
Upload it

this is all they got or saw.

morcombe.JPG (97 KB | 18 )
morcombe.JPG

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:21pm

skippy. wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 5:19pm:
7 is too young to go into the details of Morcombes death.

I agree .... but now that I've had a chance to talk to the teachers, I am satisfied that they didn't go into detail. Seems it was just the kids talking.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #50 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:40pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm:
Upload it

Looks OK to me, and it probably was other kids adding extra info that freaked out your son.

I remember a when I was a kid we got a very general stranger danger talk and a kid told us if you go into a public dunny in the city,  an old guy will cut your dick off....still messes with my head lol.

I bet old mate Petrocelli will keep banging on about it trying to blame the Morcombes, what a Morcombophobe.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #51 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 7:50pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm:
Upload it

So.....the 'presentation' was......not a presentation at all?  Nothing said by a person who handed your Son that pamphlet.

I don't believe it.  But, he is your Son and if you are happy with the spin, that is that.

Make a donation, and keep the Morcombes happy little vegemites.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 8:30pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 7:50pm:
  Nothing said by a person who handed your Son that pamphlet.

it was his teacher, and no, not much said. She explained in very general terms that Daniel missed a bus and got into a car with a stranger, and as a result was killed. Then explained that is why they should NEVER get into a car with a stranger. As far as I am concerned, that's a good lesson for kids.

All the rest I can only attribute to his little mates talking.

I know you were hoping for more ammunition to use in your crusade against the Morcombes Aussie, but that's all it was.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 9:17pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 8:30pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 7:50pm:
  Nothing said by a person who handed your Son that pamphlet.

it was his teacher, and no, not much said. She explained in very general terms that Daniel missed a bus and got into a car with a stranger, and as a result was killed. Then explained that is why they should NEVER get into a car with a stranger. As far as I am concerned, that's a good lesson for kids.

All the rest I can only attribute to his little mates talking.

I know you were hoping for more ammunition to use in your crusade against the Morcombes Aussie, but that's all it was.

Wrong.  I knew the Morcombes were not there personally.  I have no more an ongoing campaign against then than they have a campaign to feather their own nest as a direct consequence of the murder of their own Son.  Is sh!ts me and many here on the Sunshine Coast.

Enough!

But no, it will perpetuate on this coming Friday as a schmedia event, for the Pollies to jump on the bandwagon and kids, like your Son, will be part of the machine.

I recall that when I was six/seven, wearing a St. John's Ambulance uniform, being on the back of a tray truck as part of the Bundaberg Cane Harvesting Festival, holding a sign saying 'Tact.'  Gee, it ought be obvious that I then did not know what the word meant, and many would suggest that nothing has changed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print