Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Did y'all fine folks see this one? (Read 432 times)
Billy Jack
Gold Member

The Duke of Brisbane Town

Brisbane Town.
Did y'all fine folks see this one?
Oct 19th, 2016 at 5:02pm

Hope y'all like it a lot

I know my videos are better and such, but this one is real good too.

That's the magic of the Internet right there friends.

God bless the fine folks of Youtube land and God bless Billy J. Jack.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Did y'all fine folks see this one?
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 8:43am

Well, I watched the first hour and half before the BBC pulled the plug due to some copyright BS. I will try to find it elswhere, because I would like to see the conclusion. But here's my take on it.

There is going to be two basic perceptions of this production from: 1) those who lived through the times. 2) those who did not live through the times.

Those who did not live through those times will tend to take the narrators point of view, on face value. I watched all these events unfold and while I find the narrator's POV interesting, I would have to challenge certain things he emphasizes.

The idea that Qaddafi was isolated. He was part of the Pan Arab movement which included Saddam and all the militarists in the Middle East. Also, the evidence on Lockerbie is whole lot more convincing than this show admits.
The rise of militant Islam cannot simply be attributed to Khomeini. It is a latent problem which Khomeini had always been part of. But it was the failure of the Pan Arab generals and Arab military humiliation at the hands of the Israelis that brought it to a head. 
That is when they had to find fault other than their own failed cultures, and miserable character in a stand up fight.  The West, and the USA in particular, became their focus of their sneaky tactics.  

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 4:10pm

Here is the whole video. It is a very good over view, but it ends up being part of the problem. 90% of the statements made by the narrator are unsupported. Melodrama and heavy bass lines in the soundtrack do not prove the claims. A spate of US disaster movies in the 1990s was not, in my view when I was living there, an indication of pessimism. It was a lot of fat cats in Hollywood trying to take advantage of the public.

Blaming suicide bombing on the Syrian government is all very well and fine, but how were they going to do it without the superstition, ignorance, and dogma of the Koran? This video attempts to exonerate the Koran.

If this was all you knew of the history of the last twenty years, you would believe that Bin Ladin's organisation hardly existed and the Taliban did not give him a safe home. There is no examination of the spread of fanatical Islam which is the biggest threat to peace today.

As for artificial intelligence, I researched digital radios on the internet, and then bought one on line. The bloody internet is still giving me digital radio advertising months later. That's how intelligent it is.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:22pm

I haven't watched this. I prefer to listen to things, the visual impact & visual tricks can so easily distort the truth much more than the spoken or written word IMO.

And you don't have to digest much information to understand that Islam as it is and has been since its establishment is a false doctrine and dangerous with it.
Not that it's alone in that.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:28pm

bogarde73 wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:22pm:
I haven't watched this. I prefer to listen to things, the visual impact & visual tricks can so easily distort the truth much more than the spoken or written word IMO.

And you don't have to digest much information to understand that Islam as it is and has been since its establishment is a false doctrine and dangerous with it.

Bogarde73 gets its information from the back of public toilet doors and Nazi rallies.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:55pm

Unforgiven wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:28pm:

Bogarde73 gets its information from the back of public toilet doors and Nazi rallies.

Another one of your most worthwhile contributions. You are bitter about something.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 1:08pm

Hypernormalization is well worth watching. It makes some good points, especially the about-face the UK and USA did after Blair went to meet Qaddafi in Libya. He went from being behind the Lockerbie Pan Am atrocity, to being congratulated for admitting it. The chronology is good, but it leaves a lot out, including the Cheneya Muzlim atrocities in Moscow and others like Spain. But the general theme that some kind of technocracy is trying to complicate world affairs so that no one knows what is going on, is just a bit melodramatic. I think the director is a Martrix nut.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print