Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Return to SA? (Read 8821 times)
Vulcan

Australian Politics

Re: Return to SA?
Reply #30 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:52pm

What if North Queensland becomes a new State (would southern Queensland remain as Queensland?)? Would we see a domino effect? Maybe to accommodate more states, we would need a restructuring of Parliament as it would not be suitable to squeeze so many more into Parliament House. But if for hypothetical instance. Australia did fracture into another 5 States. What then would happen, especially in the likelihood that more States will appear in the following decade? I know the USA was a whole number of different states that became United. Australia seems to have been originally united to begin with (as far as I know) as One Nation and mostly empowered by Federal level more so than lower levels for starters. I know that Northern WA could go it alone. Some places in NSW.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #31 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:39pm

Vulcan wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
What if North Queensland becomes a new State (would southern Queensland remain as Queensland?)? Would we see a domino effect? Maybe to accommodate more states, we would need a restructuring of Parliament as it would not be suitable to squeeze so many more into Parliament House. But if for hypothetical instance. Australia did fracture into another 5 States. What then would happen, especially in the likelihood that more States will appear in the following decade? I know the USA was a whole number of different states that became United. Australia seems to have been originally united to begin with (as far as I know) as One Nation and mostly empowered by Federal level more so than lower levels for starters. I know that Northern WA could go it alone. Some places in NSW.

The solution in that case would be to reduce the number of senators each State would choose. The problem is that this would favour the big two parties, so I don't think this is a viable solution.

The best situation is to retain 6 six States, amalgamate NT and SA, and abolish ACT government.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Vulcan

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 7:42pm

Abolish ACT government. Wow that is a big call. You realise it is the only place Politicians can rip off the country - legally.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #33 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 7:45pm

Vulcan wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 7:42pm:
Abolish ACT government. Wow that is a big call. You realise it is the only place Politicians can rip off the country - legally.

That's why we need more masochists in power.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Vulcan

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 8:16pm

Haha!

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #35 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 10:43am

Vulcan wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:52pm:

Not "what if", but when, after getting screwed over by puddle duck and her labor government we will be seeking independence sooner rather than later.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print