Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Police seize 80 guns (Read 13946 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Police seize 80 guns
Oct 1st, 2016 at 3:00pm

Police seize 80 guns which were illegally stored and 200,000 rounds of ammunition.  All from a naughty firearms owner.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: Police seize 80 guns
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:59pm

I expect they were all legal when he bought them, the law probably changed and he ignored it. Otherwise if still legal the police just illegally removed tens of thousands of dollars of personal property from the owner!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:59pm

Mortdooley wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:59pm:
I expect they were all legal when he bought them, the law probably changed and he ignored it.

Oh, my, they've just changed the speed limit on a road near my house.  I'll just ignore it and continue speeding, shall I?

I've not see such a stupid excuse for illegal firearms ownership for a long, long time.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:16am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:59pm:
I expect they were all legal when he bought them, the law probably changed and he ignored it.

Oh, my, they've just changed the speed limit on a road near my house.  I'll just ignore it and continue speeding, shall I?

I've not see such a stupid excuse for illegal firearms ownership for a long, long time.    Roll Eyes

How is it an excuse, stupid or otherwise?

Some chickenshit politicians get a pointless law passed because they see the citizens as a bunch of children. The majority of laws should expire after a few years and if they benefit the people then they should be reviewed for renewal!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:19am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 3:00pm:
Police seize 80 guns which were illegally stored and 200,000 rounds of ammunition.  All from a naughty firearms owner.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Are 80 guns too many for one person to own?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:24am

Just another anti-gun hysteria report.

No need to wet yourself, just some old bloke with some old gats and some ammo

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:46am

From bwians link-
Quote:
Police said the items posed no threat to the public

The police said it was no threat to the public, if you are scared I suggest you seek professional help for your irrational fears. Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2016 at 9:01pm by Baronvonrort »  

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:37pm

Mortdooley wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:16am:

Some chickenshit politicians get a pointless law passed because they see the citizens as a bunch of children. The majority of laws should expire after a few years and if they benefit the people then they should be reviewed for renewal!

It was a law passed by the government of the day, which was then returned at the next several successive elections where gun laws did not rate a mention, therefore it must be assumed that the majority of the Australian electorate supported the new gun legislation.  I'd recommend rather than portraying Australians in a poor light, give them some due respect.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:38pm

Mortdooley wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:19am:

Are 80 guns too many for one person to own?

When they are stored incorrectly, yes, I'd say one gun was too many for one person to own.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:54pm

Why does a collector need 200,000 rounds of ammunition?

Did he want to start a war?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:54pm:

Particularly when his weapons have been, in the Baron's words, "deactivated" and unable to fire them...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 9:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:56pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:54pm:

Particularly when his weapons have been, in the Baron's words, "deactivated" and unable to fire them...   Roll Eyes

From bwians link-
Quote:
Police said the items posed no threat to the public

If you are scared of this I suggest you seek professional help for your irrational fears

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 11:55pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 9:06pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:56pm:
[quote author=bobbythebat1 link=1475298055/9#9 date=1475391242]Why does a collector need 200,000 rounds of ammunition?

Oh, naughty, naughty, Baron, changing your post so as to remove the word "deactivated" from it.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #13 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 8:56am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:37pm:

It was a law passed by the government of the day, which was then returned at the next several successive elections where gun laws did not rate a mention, therefore it must be assumed that the majority of the Australian electorate supported the new gun legislation.  I'd recommend rather than portraying Australians in a poor light, give them some due respect.    Roll Eyes

Legislators pass laws all the time when the public isn't looking. I had a local politician tell me he wished people would just shut up and let him do what was best for them. He only lasted one term. Not everyone takes kindly to little tin gods trying to run their lives!

IP Logged

Vangard

Australian Politics +

Reply #14 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 9:26am

Mortdooley wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 8:56am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 4:37pm:

Legislators pass laws all the time when the public isn't looking. I had a local politician tell me he wished people would just shut up and let him do what was best for them. He only lasted one term. Not everyone takes kindly to little tin gods trying to run their lives!

Australia went directly from a Colony to a Federation. We didn't have to fight any war, so we didn't need guns. In the 1900's we didn't have natives ravaging our settlements, we didn't have foreign countries going to war with us, so we didn't need guns to protect ourselves. All in all we just basically did what our Mother Country allowed us to do, and the only people that needed guns were farmers, to kill vermin, sportsmen to shoot targets, and the government (police and military) to shoot everything else. So, most good Australians saw no need for guns because, except for vermin, we had no natural enemies.

When the Japanese came, we armed our boys and sent them off to fight, but as we know, the Americans kept the Japanese from invading Australia. When the war was over, we went back to not needing guns, and we did what we were told after Port Arthur. Whatever guns we had we, as good citizens, gave up because we were told we didn't have a need for them. We have gun murders and gun crime all over our major cities, but we are told that the police will keep us safe, even though some of us get killed, so most of us go about our lives and old laws stay as they are, or get strengthened. In Australia we don't really have a real voice anyway, so why should we use it? We have no legitimate ways to defend ourselves except with our hands, and if we should harm our attackers, a judge will usually rule in our favor for using them. Sometimes our attackers have weapons, but I guess that's just our bad luck that there's no cops around to save us.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2016 at 9:40am by Vangard »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print