Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
DLS Whingefest about to start (Read 20236 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
DLS Whingefest about to start
Oct 1st, 2016 at 7:43am

It's the October weekend which means only one thing the south east corner of our great state is about to start their annual whingefest on how they want to be just like the cockroaches and the mexicans.

We have had two trials and at least one referendum on this matter and unless we divide QLD into two separate states you southerners will NEVER have your precious DLS; unless you move back to where you came from.

Happy whining south east Queenslanders  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: DLS Whingefest about to start
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 7:55am

I have actually heard some guy on the radio that has written a book on Australia DLS .

He claims it costs the Qld economy millions each year

Anyway his proposal is we move all eastern states clocks forward 30 minutes all year round and leave the other states as is.

To me that sounded a reasonable compromise that wouldnt piss off the banana benders to much and give a bit of daylight saving to the other eastern states.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:14am

It's pretty stupid not to have DLS ....

bigol's just worried his curtains will fade faster  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:19am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:14am:

It is a brilliant move to have nothing at all to do with DLS, as it serves no purpose to those of us in the north; as a bonus it gives SEQ the sh1ts not having it.  Smiley

Still too stupid to realise that every insult merely strengthens our resolve, cretins.  Grin Grin

And this is what NTH QLD & QLD should look like to make everyone happy
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:30am by BigOl64 »  

Nth_QLD.jpg (18 KB | 124 )
Nth_QLD.jpg

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:32am

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:19am:
It is a brilliant move to have nothing at all to do with DLS, as it serves no purpose to those of us in the north; as a bonus it gives SEQ the sh1ts not having it.  Smiley

you realise that it's only a matter of time before it is introduced, right?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:35am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:32am:
BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:19am:

you realise that it's only a matter of time before it is introduced, right?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yeah, after 2 trials and a referendum; SEQ has been deluding themselves with that belief for 40 years.  Smiley Smiley

It won't happen because WE say it won't happen.

You people want it bad enough give us our own state and you can be just like the southerners whose acceptance you crave.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:39am

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:35am:
Yeah, after 2 trials and a referendum; SEQ has been deluding themselves with that belief for 40 years.  Smiley Smiley

you think the demographics in SE Q has remained the same over the last 40 yrs? Grin Grin there are more and more southerners moving into Qld. It's only a matter of time before you canetoads are relegated to obscurity.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:48am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:39am:
BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:35am:

you think the demographics in SE Q has remained the same over the last 40 yrs? Grin Grin there are more and more southerners moving into Qld. It's only a matter of time before you canetoads are relegated to obscurity.

I friggen new you were nothing more than a blow in from another state. Your opinions about MY state are irrelevant as you are not a Queenslander of any description.

It's you friggen southerners coming into our state and fkking it up because you want your bullsh1t, is what is ruining our place. Worse than cockroaches.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:01am

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:48am:
I friggen new you were nothing more than a blow in from another state.

I've only said about a million times that I moved to the GC from Wollongong Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It's you friggen southerners coming into our state and fkking it up because you want your bullsh1t, is what is ruining our place.

It's called evolution. The weaker get replaced by the stronger Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:16am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:01am:
I friggen new you were nothing more than a blow in from another state.

I've only said about a million times that I moved to the GC from Wollongong Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It's you friggen southerners coming into our state and fkking it up because you want your bullsh1t, is what is ruining our place.

It's called evolution. The weaker get replaced by the stronger Cheesy Cheesy

I don't take a lot of notice about what you have to say, so ..........

You may consider those south east Queenslanders weak, but your assessment does not apply to us. We have been fighting this a lot longer than you have been in SEQ and you have a lot to learn about Queensland and Queenslanders.

You have no standing here. But you could always fkk off back to where you came from, that would probably make a lot of actual Queenslanders happy and maybe you as well.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:24am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:14am:

If he follows the same routine as the woman who first said it then it would be true - they would fade faster.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:24am

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:16am:
But you could always fkk off back to where you came from, that would probably make a lot of actual Queenslanders happy and maybe you as well.

As long as I know it gives you the sh1ts, I'll stay here. I might even move further North. Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:25am

Who cares, I doubt it makes any positive difference in the far north.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #13 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:29am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:24am:
But you could always fkk off back to where you came from, that would probably make a lot of actual Queenslanders happy and maybe you as well.

As long as I know it gives you the runs, I'll stay here. I might even move further North. Grin Grin

Most of you idiots rarely go past Noosa, so I don't think Ill be too worried about your travels.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #14 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:31am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:25am:
Who cares, I doubt it makes any positive difference in the far north.

DLS makes a negative difference in the North; hence our hostility toward change.

Just not cows or curtains, as the southern idiots keep harping on about

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:11am

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:29am:

As long as I know it gives you the runs, I'll stay here. I might even move further North. Grin Grin

Most of you idiots rarely go past Noosa, so I don't think Ill be too worried about your travels.

I'm considering Hervey Bay for a few years. Then when you move back to Nq let me know and I might move to townsville. You supply the beer.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:12am

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:31am:

it was the northern idiots who used those excuses .... I just repeat them because it highlights the stupidity of the northerners Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #17 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:51am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:12am:

it was the northern idiots who used those excuses .... I just repeat them because it highlights the stupidity of the northerners Grin Grin

As a non-Queenslander you are not aware, due to your pig ignorance, but the majority of QLD's dairy herd is in SEQ and has nothing to do with us, as the vast majority of our herd is fkken beef cattle you inbred city wanker. As an inbred city wanker you may not know this, but day light time do not affect beef, only dairy farmers.

No doubt about it when you want to look stupid you do not fkk around do you?  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #18 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:53am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:11am:

I'm considering Hervey Bay for a few years. Then when you move back to Nq let me know and I might move to townsville. You supply the beer.

Your first summer in the north will quickly send you home, southern softc0cks generally don't last much past their first cyclone season. Best you stay in Junkies Paradise.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 4:56pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:51am:

As a non-Queenslander you are not aware, due to your pig ignorance, but the majority of QLD's dairy herd is in SEQ and has nothing to do with us, as the vast majority of our herd is fkken beef cattle you inbred city wanker. As an inbred city wanker you may not know this, but day light time do not affect beef, only dairy farmers.

No doubt about it when you want to look stupid you do not fkk around do you?  Grin Grin Grin

That sounds all nice and informative, except that I didn't say anything about cows, dairy or otherwise ....I only mentioned curtains Cheesy Cheesy

off the two of us, only one idiot mentioned cows ........ now I'll give you two guesses as to which one.  Cool Cool

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 4:57pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:53am:
John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:11am:

Your first summer in the north will quickly send you home, southern softc0cks generally don't last much past their first cyclone season. Best you stay in Junkies Paradise.

you'd better make sure you stock up on the beer than, I know you wouldn't want me to become dehydrated. Kiss Kiss

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #21 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 11:42pm

I did not have to vote for the referendum, as I was too young. But, I got what I wanted. Dad was one of those people who liked daylight savings at first. Then it got ridiculous, with summer time evenings extending into 8pm and beyond. I recall a 7pm evening with the sun still out, and numerous hot 37+ degrees for days on end. We were happy to see it end in 1991.

I generally feel sorry for the parents who have young children. Trying to get their children to go to bed when the children can plainly see that it is still daylight outside. Just a complete sunset is all it takes to drop temperatures up to and over 10 degrees celsius in many regions. Sit on the verandah at sunset, and wait for the sun to set. Keep an eye on the temperature at sunset, and again when the sun is no longer visible.

If southeast Queensland wants to be on par with NSW and Victoria, should they at least try and start business hours earlier? That way, they can finish earlier, and then go down to the beach, like that quietly want. No point dragging in the majority of Queenslanders back into the 1980s again.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #22 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 7:50am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 4:56pm:

That sounds all nice and informative, except that I didn't say anything about cows, dairy or otherwise ....I only mentioned curtains Cheesy Cheesy

off the two of us, only one idiot mentioned cows ........ now I'll give you two guesses as to which one.  Cool Cool

You and the cretins like you only have two argument and you already pulled the trigger on the first one, so I was preempting your next cretinous statement.

As we are all aware as a non-Queenslander, you are ignorant beyond comprehension and I am trying to help you become less so.

So when ever you crap on about this subject in particular you will look less of a dill as you now know that both of your statements are without merit.

Now scurry back under the fridge like a good little new south welshman

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:25am

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 7:50am:
You and the cretins like you only have two argument and you already pulled the trigger on the first one,

actually, they're the arguments of the 'anti' daylight saving brigade .... try again

lucky I gave you two guesses, i knew you'd need it.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #24 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 6:53pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 8:25am:
You and the cretins like you only have two argument and you already pulled the trigger on the first one,

actually, they're the arguments of the 'anti' daylight saving brigade .... try again

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 4:56pm:
[quote author=bigol64 link=1475271791/17#17 date=1475286664][quote author=John_Smith link=1475271791/16#16 date=1475284376][quote author=bigol64 link=1475271791/14#14 date=1475281902]

Which northerners?

You know very little about QLD, absolutely nothing about North QLD ad now you are crapping on about what we say.

Good one fkkhead, you're an absolute champion.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #25 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 2:49pm

poo we're half way through summer and the SEQ DLS cretins are still grasping at straws. While North Queensland is forced to be a part of south east Queensland, they will NEVER get day light saving.

Yeah we get it, SEQ wants to be a part of NSW, just like they used to be, break up the state and off you go, numpties.  Smiley Smiley

Daylight saving is a fantastic initiative, Queensland's Acting Premier Jackie Trad says.

Ms Trad's remarks come after the almost-annual debate was reignited this week with an online survey showing about 84 per cent of people would support a daylight saving trial in Queensland.

Several Queensland councils have thrown their support behind the idea, with Brisbane deputy Mayor Adrian Schrinner jumping on board, tweeting: "Time to revisit this important lifestyle issue."

Cr Schrinner also tweeted: "This state gov has ordered 145 reviewed. How about a review into Daylight Saving? One more won't hurt. #ItsTime #daylightsaving".

A referendum on whether Queensland should introduce daylight saving was defeated at a 1992 referendum after a three-year trial.

Ms Trad said she understood there were some recently online polls, but the result was "resoundingly no" at the 1992 referendum.

"I know in 2010 there was an online survey as well, and more than 70,000 Queenslanders participated in that and almost 70 per cent of regional Queenslanders said no," she said.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #26 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 2:51pm

Only ever heard the pro-DLS mob say that poo.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #27 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:38am

Listening to the radio the other week. Commentators going on about whether the Cowboys played an hour before or after the rest of the country. Then went on to say "why don't they get with the rest of the country?".

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #28 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 6:56am

BigOl64 wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 2:51pm:

Only ever heard the pro-DLS mob say that poo.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #29 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 7:00am

bump

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 8:05am

i didn't realise you were that desperate for attention that you were bumping a comment 5 months later Cheesy Cheesy

no, the excuses were from the anti DLS brigade.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #31 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 2:48pm

So apart from wanting to be milked earlier, which from my experience is the cows not really having an internal clock but essentially just seeing what the sun is doing, what are the negative effects?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #32 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 2:50pm

http://www.legendairy.com.au/dairy-farming/our-industry/our-regions

According to this theres bugger all dairy in northern Qld anyway?

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #33 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 3:44pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
So apart from wanting to be milked earlier, which from my experience is the cows not really having an internal clock but essentially just seeing what the sun is doing, what are the negative effects?

Increased skin cancer rates
Children walking or riding home during the hottest part of the day.
Young children not wanting to go to bed because the sun is still out.
Too hot to sleep until that sun has set for half an hour.
Businesses that work fast food having to hold off having staff for an hour because their rush hour has gone from 5 to 7pm to 6 to 8pm. Or they have higher labour percentages whilst work is idle for that hour. And many parents don't like having their 15 to 16 year olds out after 8pm working in fast food.
People are more likely to stay home and cook rather than eat out, because it is too late to go out when the sun has set.
Western Qld having to wait half an hour to an hour further for their sunset. Hot weather out there makes it difficult to sleep in the best of times. 9pm sunsets during December-January are ridiculous.
People having to wait an extra hour to mow their lawns, due to wanting to mow during a late afternoon cool.
Later air conditioning use. With the drop in temperature in sunset hours, air conditioners are switched off after some time.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #34 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 3:57pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 3:44pm:

Businesses that work fast food having to hold off having staff for an hour because their rush hour has gone from 5 to 7pm to 6 to 8pm. Or they have higher labour percentages whilst work is idle for that hour. And many parents don't like having their 15 to 16 year olds out after 8pm working in fast food.
People are more likely to stay home and cook rather than eat out, because it is too late to go out when the sun has set.
Western Qld having to wait half an hour to an hour further for their sunset. Hot weather out there makes it difficult to sleep in the best of times. 9pm sunsets during December-January are ridiculous.
People having to wait an extra hour to mow their lawns, due to wanting to mow during a late afternoon cool.
Later air conditioning use. With the drop in temperature in sunset hours, air conditioners are switched off after some time.

Use more sunscreen. Most of the time in my experience little diff between 3 and 4
Etc solutions to all those problems

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #35 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:00pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 2:50pm:
http://www.legendairy.com.au/dairy-farming/our-industry/our-regions

According to this theres bugger all dairy in northern Qld anyway?

Absolutely true, so the story about our cow, may not be the reason we don't wanr DLS, trow in the fact curtains are ceap as fkk and that isn't looking like the reason either; is it?

But never let a good lie get in the way of the truth before making a sound decision, hey?

It has NEVER been about dairy fkken cows or fkken curtains,  Angry Angry

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #36 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:04pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 3:57pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 3:44pm:

Use more sunscreen. Most of the time in my experience little diff between 3 and 4

OR and this is important; don't listen to the opinions of a fkkhead southerner when making important life decisions.

Because what you dickheads from down south have to say is fkking totally irrelevant to us in the north.

Let the sh1t sink in for a bit before making another stupid post, if you will

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #37 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:26pm

How many children do you know apply sunscreen before they walk or ride home from school? When I played school cricket on a Friday afternoon, I would use sunscreen. But the ride home from school (which took about 5 minutes) did not require me to think about using sunscreen. My point being that the hats and sunscreen and sunglasses being encouraged by Qld Cancer Council for children to use are not being used by students (other than the enforced "no hat no play" rule for lunchtimes). There is a significant reduction in sunlight intensity after 3pm on a non-DLS region. Whereas the 2pm conditions are quite intense for walking home (or riding home).

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #38 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:31pm

I don't understand southerners and their need for more daylight afternoon hours anyway. They get more sunlight because they are closer to the polar regions. The sun comes up and sets earlier in the summer months for them. But because they live in more temperate regions, they don't get the heat intensity that Qld, northern WA and NT receive. It's all a week's worth of plus-40 degree heatwaves for their summer, and they're out singing Ganggajang's "Sounds of then (This is Australia)" all afternoon. Then it is back to bitching about the storms they receive, and how much asthma attacks some people receive from seeing lightning hit down the road from them.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:31pm

what rubbish ... walking home from school isn't going to give kids skin cancer.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #40 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:08pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:31pm:
I don't understand southerners and their need for more daylight afternoon hours anyway. They get more sunlight because they are closer to the polar regions. The sun comes up and sets earlier in the summer months for them. But because they live in more temperate regions, they don't get the heat intensity that Qld, northern WA and NT receive. It's all a week's worth of plus-40 degree heatwaves for their summer, and they're out singing Ganggajang's "Sounds of then (This is Australia)" all afternoon. Then it is back to bitching about the storms they receive, and how much asthma attacks some people receive from seeing lightning hit down the road from them.

Southerners feel the need to tell everyone else how to live their lives without any understanding of the other person's needs

Basically they are ignorant fkkwits, nothing more.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

We need to separate into two states, Queensland and northern new south wales.   Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #41 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:10pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:31pm:

So how long have you lived in the north, exactly?

You know, because you seem so knowledgeable about what actually happens in the north.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:12pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:10pm:

You know, because you seem so knowledgeable about what actually happens in the north.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #43 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 8:29pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:31pm:

Mildura.........

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #44 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 10:25pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:26pm:

How many children do you know apply sunscreen before they walk or ride home from school? When I played school cricket on a Friday afternoon, I would use sunscreen. But the ride home from school (which took about 5 minutes) did not require me to think about using sunscreen. My point being that the hats and sunscreen and sunglasses being encouraged by Qld Cancer Council for children to use are not being used by students (other than the enforced "no hat no play" rule for lunchtimes). There is a significant reduction in sunlight intensity after 3pm on a non-DLS region. Whereas the 2pm conditions are quite intense for walking home (or riding home).

These days all of them

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #45 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 11:05pm

Thirty minutes in the sun at 2pm is worse than thirty minutes in the sun at 3pm, both walking home times.

I have had several moles and freckles removed from my body due to excessive sun exposure.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #46 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 8:27am

John Smith wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:10pm:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/41989597/original.png

So as per usual. you're a loudmouthed fkkktard with zero knowledge of the subject matter.

But you did spend precious time getting a meme instead of doing any fkken research, so well done, champ.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #47 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 8:34am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 10:25pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 4:26pm:

These days all of them

Ok, let's say 100% of all children commit to sunscreen every single day of their childhood, extremely unlikely, but there you go. So fkken what?

There is no net benefit to waiting an extra hour for the sun to go down so it is cool enough to go outside, because our summer is fkken unbearable. So we tend to not go outside to sweat like pigs in a fkken sauna, but wait until it cooler.

If any of you had ever lived in the tropics you would know that and understand why not a single place located in the tropics has DLS, if they do it isn't for long

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #48 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 6:00pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 11:05pm:

Thirty minutes in the sun at 2pm is worse than thirty minutes in the sun at 3pm, both walking home times.

I have had several moles and freckles removed from my body due to excessive sun exposure.

Really? Splitting hairs at best I'd reckon.

After living in FNQ & SEQ for 15yrs,  returning south is so nice, 4 seasons, humidity at sane levels, very few Qlders, and DLS. No particular order.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #49 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 4:26pm

Yeah, I bet it is nice at temperate places like Brisbane. Never hot at any time of year. Plentiful rain. Cool winters. But not cold, dry ones we have here in Rocky. Plenty of public transport for children to use nearly freely. Oh, but north, central, and particularly western Qld having to get up in the dark, and then come home in the heat of the day -- with some bus rides taking an hour. We Qlders -- the real Qlders -- have to put up with toughing out the problems associated with the whims of spoiled SEQlders.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 4:34pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 4:26pm:
Yeah, I bet it is nice at temperate places like Brisbane. Never hot at any time of year. Plentiful rain. Cool winters. But not cold, dry ones we have here in Rocky. Plenty of public transport for children to use nearly freely. Oh, but north, central, and particularly western Qld having to get up in the dark, and then come home in the heat of the day -- with some bus rides taking an hour. We Qlders -- the real Qlders -- have to put up with toughing out the problems associated with the whims of spoiled SEQlders.

ohh rubbish. The difference between the heat at 2 and 3 pm is marginal at best.

this is desperation stuff trying to pretend otherwise

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #51 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:15pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 4:34pm:

It doesn't matter, this state will NEVER get DLS until we become 2 states.

SEQ can be called Northern new south wales for all I care, time to cut the whingers loose.

That place is infested with too many southerners from over the border to be considered part of Queensland anymore.  Angry Angry

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:34pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
It doesn't matter,

make up your minds ... one says that's why he doesn't want it, the other says it doesn't matter .... not a very consistent lot are you  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #53 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 6:39pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:34pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
It doesn't matter,

make up your minds ... one says that's why he doesn't want it, the other says it doesn't matter .... not a very consistent lot are you  Cheesy Cheesy

If you didn't deliberately misrepresent what I said your reply wouldnlt looks so fkken stupid now wouldn't it?  Grin Grin Grin

That comment was to YOUR fkken comment fkktard.

As in 'it doesn't matter' if there is little difference in the temp between 2 and 3 you fkken dolt.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:17pm

you struggling with English again bigol? heat stroke perhaps?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #55 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 10:01pm

I thought it funny that you want to focus on one point about moving the clocks forward an hour being bad for Australians. But then, I realised that you seem to miss the point about this issue, even if it seems minor to you.

For that part, children are not going to school an hour later, and arriving home an hour later. They are going to and from school an hour earlier. The sun is not up to an 8:30am standard when children are walking, riding, taking the bus, or being driven to school. I can tell the difference between an 8am sun and a 9am sun. But, if you have tried standing out in the sun at 2pm for 15 minutes, you could tell the difference between that sunlight intensity and a 3pm sunlight intensity.

The Earth spins 30 degrees in 2 hours from the post meridiem. 45 degrees for 3 hours post meridiem. So, if you think in terms of direct sunlight on children, it is stronger at 2pm than it is at 3pm. But, if I could take your spin on this, I could say that 5pm heat is almost as hot as it is at 3pm heat. And 2pm heat is slightly warmer than 3pm heat. But the issue here is sunlight.

I was not going to bother with your idiocy over something trivial. I consider loss of business to be a major reason why we should not have daylight savings. But if you can't consider sun safety for children as a valid reason not to have daylight savings, than I can't take you seriously.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #56 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 10:04pm

Quote:
That place is infested with too many southerners from over the border to be considered part of Queensland anymore.  Angry Angry

My father has a cup that has "I support two teams in the NRL. The Cowboys. And whoever is playing against the Broncos".

Brisbane seems too far south to be considered part of Qld. I doubt that they are really interested in where their money come from.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #57 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:20am

John Smith wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:17pm:

It is your retardation that is the problem here fkktard.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Remember you are the with e new south wales education & Im doubtful you even passed that.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:58am

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:20am:

It is your retardation that is the problem here fkktard.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Remember you are the with e new south wales education & Im doubtful you even passed that.

that's why QLD education has consistently come last when compared to the other states, especially back when you were going to school. It is finally catching up to NSW now, but still not at the same level.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:00am

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 10:01pm:

I thought it funny that you want to focus on one point about moving the clocks forward an hour being bad for Australians. But then, I realised that you seem to miss the point about this issue, even if it seems minor to you.

For that part, children are not going to school an hour later, and arriving home an hour later. They are going to and from school an hour earlier. The sun is not up to an 8:30am standard when children are walking, riding, taking the bus, or being driven to school. I can tell the difference between an 8am sun and a 9am sun. But, if you have tried standing out in the sun at 2pm for 15 minutes, you could tell the difference between that sunlight intensity and a 3pm sunlight intensity.

The Earth spins 30 degrees in 2 hours from the post meridiem. 45 degrees for 3 hours post meridiem. So, if you think in terms of direct sunlight on children, it is stronger at 2pm than it is at 3pm. But, if I could take your spin on this, I could say that 5pm heat is almost as hot as it is at 3pm heat. And 2pm heat is slightly warmer than 3pm heat. But the issue here is sunlight.

I was not going to bother with your idiocy over something trivial. I consider loss of business to be a major reason why we should not have daylight savings. But if you can't consider sun safety for children as a valid reason not to have daylight savings, than I can't take you seriously.

ahh, so now it's not temp, but sunlight. That's right, I forgot it gets darker at 3 pm compared to 2 pm  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

it's a ridiculous argument and that you keep trying to cling to it is a poor reflection on you. It is just as hot and bright sitting out in the sun at 3 as it is at 2.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #60 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:59pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:58am:
BigOl64 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:20am:

that's why QLD education has consistently come last when compared to the other states, especially back when you were going to school. It is finally catching up to NSW now, but still not at the same level.

Then why the fkk are you such a fkken cretin?

I mean that post was not difficult even for a child to understand and yet you completely fkked up your reply.

And this is not the first time you have made a fool out of yourself with your limited intellect botching up a reply.

Are you autistic, because that I could understand?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:01pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:59pm:

it's you who is struggling, not I. No one said I didn't understand the post. Where you have the problem is that you were wrong but are to stupid to see it.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #62 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:18am

John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:00am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 10:01pm:

ahh, so now it's not temp, but sunlight. That's right, I forgot it gets darker at 3 pm compared to 2 pm  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

it's a ridiculous argument and that you keep trying to cling to it is a poor reflection on you. It is just as hot and bright sitting out in the sun at 3 as it is at 2.

Uhhh, it is 'darker' at 3pm compared to 2pm. The day is at its brightest at midday (and, yes, that is saving for differences in cloud cover). Sunlight brightness diminishes when the sun's direction is not directly overhead anymore. If you were as smart as a Qlder, you would know that. But you seem to be from NSW, the bogan state.

And as much as you want to believe it, the more sunlight, the more likely you are to get sunburned. Mowing the lawn one time near midday has taught me to never mow before 4pm. We could have 30 degree night time temperatures at night (all night, sometimes) during the summer. But the heat during the night time will not make us get sun burned. Only direct sunlight.

Again, it is an economic issue of people eating during the evening hours that I think it is a bad idea to have daylight savings. Businesses serving food rely on evening hours business trade to get customers. The later the sunset, the less business stores get. Plus, it hurts labour costs. And employees get less pay from shorter work hours.

No, seriously. I can't get passed the point about you thinking that it is heat that causes sun burn. Sunlight, particularly high UV rays influences sun burn levels. If I could take a page out of Yadda's book: Google Ultraviolet rays.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #63 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 4:09am

John Smith wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:01pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:59pm:

it's you who is struggling, not I. No one said I didn't understand the post. Where you have the problem is that you were wrong but are to stupid to see it.

So you understood the post and complete fkked up the reply due to your excellent nsw education.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin ;

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #64 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:56pm

Agh...the "real Qlders" furphy rolls into town like a tumbleweeds into Bacaldine.....salt of the earth types, carrying the nation on your shoulders...or you would if there was room on your shoulders on account of the chips that are permanently attached...a well balanced Qlder was known as one with a chip on both shoulders.

1. Brisbane is sub tropical.
2. Air conditioned buses.
3. What problems are you toughing out?
4. Split into 2 time zones, Gympie - Goondi.....its just a time zone not a Trumpesque wall. Geographically it makes sense.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 4:03pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 4:09am:
So you understood the post and complete fkked up the reply due to your excellent nsw education.

i didn't fkk up anything ......................  and you're overcompensation for your lack of brains with all those smilies. They won't help you

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #66 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:20am

Rider wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:56pm:

Agh...the "real Qlders" furphy rolls into town like a tumbleweeds into Bacaldine.....salt of the earth types, carrying the nation on your shoulders...or you would if there was room on your shoulders on account of the chips that are permanently attached...a well balanced Qlder was known as one with a chip on both shoulders.

1. Brisbane is sub tropical.
2. Air conditioned buses.
3. What problems are you toughing out?
4. Split into 2 time zones, Gympie - Goondi.....its just a time zone not a Trumpesque wall. Geographically it makes sense.

As for 'real Queenslanders' he means just  that, as in not from some sh1tty southern state who moved up a few years ago  and thinks everything about the place needs changing.

Your ignorant interpretation is no more than that, been here long?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

As for 2 time zones, fkk that 2 states is a vastly better option. Have a referendum, and let the regions decide whether or not they want Independence from the southerners of SEQ.'

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #67 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:21am

John Smith wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 4:03pm:

i didn't fkk up anything ......................  and you're overcompensation for your lack of brains with all those smilies. They won't help you

Yeah, ya did, cretin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:55am

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:21am:

Yeah, ya did, cretin

no, I didn't. Nothing you've ever put up suggests any different

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:00pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:18am:
Uhhh, it is 'darker' at 3pm compared to 2pm. The day is at its brightest at midday (and, yes, that is saving for differences in cloud cover). Sunlight brightness diminishes when the sun's direction is not directly overhead anymore. If you were as smart as a Qlder, you would know that. But you seem to be from NSW, the bogan state.

blah blah blah ... In summer, when daylight savings apply, the difference is so negligible that no one would notice any difference. Like I said before your grasping at straws and looking desperate in the process.

And as much as you want to believe it, the more sunlight, the more likely you are to get sunburned.

show my one case of someone getting sunburnt just walking home from school. You're talking through your arse.

Again, it is an economic issue of people eating during the evening hours that I think it is a bad idea to have daylight savings. Businesses serving food rely on evening hours business trade to get customers. The later the sunset, the less business stores get. Plus, it hurts labour costs. And employees get less pay from shorter work hours.

what a load of rubbish. If a restaurant is open 6 to 10m, they'll still open 6 to 10. Labor costs are the same. The only ones hurt are the brain cells of qlders.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #70 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:51pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:55am:
BigOl64 wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:21am:

Yeah, ya did, cretin

no, I didn't. Nothing you've ever put up suggests any different

As if you could comprehend beyond a Grade 5 level  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #71 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:56pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:00pm:

blah blah blah ... In summer, when daylight savings apply, the difference is so negligible that no one would notice any difference. Like I said before your grasping at straws and looking desperate in the process.

And as much as you want to believe it, the more sunlight, the more likely you are to get sunburned.

show my one case of someone getting sunburnt just walking home from school. You're talking through your arse.

what a load of rubbish. If a restaurant is open 6 to 10m, they'll still open 6 to 10. Labor costs are the same. The only ones hurt are the brain cells of qlders.

Spoken like someone who has never been north of Noosa.

Ya ffken cretin, the tropics where we live is nothing like the temperate zone where soft cocks like you are form. So stop  arguing like it is.

DLS will NEVER happen in  QLD  while we remain a single state, learn to get past it or get the fkk out out. Nah, just get the fkk out anyway, you're stinking up the place with your stupidity.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:22pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:51pm:
As if you could comprehend beyond a Grade 5 level  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

is that all you're up to? it shows

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:24pm

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:56pm:

why the fkk would anyone want to go north of Noosa?

DLS will NEVER happen in  QLD  while we remain a single state,

keep dreaming idiot. How much has the pop. of 'north of noosa' grown in the last 10 yrs? What about SE qld? How long do you think before SEQ gets the numbers to vote in DLS?

you didn't think that one through did you ... as always Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #74 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:26pm

Oh dear Jack, ya just got owned...... Grin Grin Grin Grin

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:27pm

Fuzzball wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
Oh dear Jack, ya just got owned...... Grin Grin Grin Grin

I would start crying if I were you, if he's grade 5, you're only at level 3.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #76 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:49pm

Owned......... Grin

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:51pm

Fuzzball wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
Owned......... Grin

good of you to admit it. Now go back to class before you get in trouble

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #78 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 2:53am

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:00pm:

You really are a southerner. Perhaps you live at such a latitude south of the equator that the angle of the sun's rays don't allow you to be burned. Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about and are just replying to get the last word.

I happen to have had 12 years of riding my bike or walking to school nearly every day of the school year. It was either a 10-minute bike ride or a 30-minute walk. Ten minutes did not mean a great deal of getting tanned. But a February to April, or September to November period could see people walking home being somewhat sunburned by the time they reached home. Even during those periods of the year, it was not so bad walking to school in the morning.

Obviously, you have not worked in the restaurant industry. I have. Sit outside Sizzlers, McDonalds, all the fast food restaurants, and even the fancy restaurants. Every year, those managers and supervisors of the restaurants would have their workers come in an hour earlier or later, depending on the time of year. When I first started working at a certain store, my hours were usually averaged 6pm start times for the summer. Winter start times averaged at 5pm. Happens all over the place. People don't usually start dinner until sundown. And an extra hour of sunlight just delays meal times, even if you are home from work at 4pm.
If I had to work during daylight savings with my job, I'm sure that my hours would have been cut due to lack of customers for 2 hours of the day during summer months. I recall having to stay back an hour, but only for the doldrums of work hours that did not get much done other than an hour of cleaning.

But that is very much the issue. DLS advocates throwing temper tantrums because the rest of the state does not want to entertain their stupid wishes. The solution is just for businesses that want DLS to just open and close early by an hour, so that they can go to the beach and smoke pot, or whatever privileged metropolitan residents do.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #79 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 7:52pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:24pm:

why the fkk would anyone want to go north of Noosa?

DLS will NEVER happen in  QLD  while we remain a single state,

keep dreaming idiot. How much has the pop. of 'north of noosa' grown in the last 10 yrs? What about SE qld? How long do you think before SEQ gets the numbers to vote in DLS?

you didn't think that one through did you ... as always Cheesy Cheesy

Typical of the filthy cockroaches who scurry across our border. Just because a few thousand of you make it to warm dark spot in surfers paradise you think that you have the numbers to start ruling the state.

Good luck with that fkkhead.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

No party will willing cut the big money pit (the rest of QLD) for the whiny little bitches from outside the state wanting DLS.

Try cutting SEQ from the rest of QLD at least you will have our support for that.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 9:40pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 2:53am:
You really are a southerner. Perhaps you live at such a latitude south of the equator that the angle of the sun's rays don't allow you to be burned. Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about and are just replying to get the last word.

what a load of rubbish. Pretending you have some idea only because you live further north is a sure sign of stupidity.
If the sun is that hot you'll burn after 10 mins at 2pm, then 99 percent of the time, you'll still burn after 10 mins at 3pm. If you were in Melbourne one might have a point, where the weather will often drop up to 20 degrees in an hour, but up here the weather is very constant. Unless a storm is rolling in, there is very little movement during the middle of the afternoon.

You're just grasping at straws.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #81 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 10:03pm

John, there are no "grasping at straws" when it comes to skin cancer. Qld gets more direct sunlight during the summer months, compared to Sydney, Melbourne, or Hobart. The city of Hobart gets more daylight hours than my town. But my town gets more intensity of sunlight compared to Hobart. During the winter, my town gets more sunlight intensity and daylight hours than Hobart.

As I have mentioned before, I have had several moles and freckles removed from my body with suspected melanoma. None have been malignant. I reckon it would not be so bad if I lived in rural/regional NSW or Victoria. But my cricketing years in primary school, and my riding to and from school (10 minute rides each way) have added up the amount of sun exposure I have received over the years. I mow the lawn once a week every week (mostly) during the summer any time from 4pm to 6pm. If it was not for my use of sunscreen, hat and sunglasses, my sunburns would be more common.

This is not a matter of 10 minutes sun exposure and you have skin cancer. This is a matter of extending afternoon hours so that school children have to wait an extra hour to play outdoors in the cooling of the setting sun. I have yet to see much activity of people using the hot daylight hours to do outdoor activity. I have spent more time doing outdoor activity during the recent overcast conditions than I have in the last 3 month.

And as Qlders, we know from experience as well as general education that 15 minutes is enough exposure to get sunburned without adequate protection. I worked lunchtimes at one stage doing outdoor activity. By the end of the day, I had racked up enough sun exposure minutes to get sunburned even with 5 hours of inside air conditioned work time.

Grasping at straws is when southerners want to tell other states that they need to adopt the same DLS hours, because southerners can't count. It has been 25 years, and us Qlders have been accustomed to the southern bogans needing that extra hour after work to go surfing and swimming.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #82 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 10:49am

John Smith wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 9:40pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 2:53am:

what a load of rubbish. Pretending you have some idea only because you live further north is a sure sign of stupidity.
If the sun is that hot you'll burn after 10 mins at 2pm, then 99 percent of the time, you'll still burn after 10 mins at 3pm. If you were in Melbourne one might have a point, where the weather will often drop up to 20 degrees in an hour, but up here the weather is very constant. Unless a storm is rolling in, there is very little movement during the middle of the afternoon.

You're just grasping at straws.

There is your problem cretin, you don't know the difference between temperature and the UV index. Hint not the same

You have behaving like a fkken retard all this time based on your total ignorance of this very important information.

Fkken filthy cockroaches  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #83 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 6:53am

Enjoy your sleep in, southerners.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #84 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:16am

DLS is all but finished and the southerners are still whinging that some states aren't 'doing what their told'.

See you all again next years when the crying and whining starts all over again.

Demand that we become two separate states and then become the fully fledged southerners you want to be, doing what southerners do, sleep in.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

~

Tasmania was the first of the Australian states to introduce daylight saving 50 years ago, and that too was borne from a time of crisis.
It was introduced in the summer of 1967, when the state was gripped by drought, to save power, which, in turn, saved water.
It has, however, been a tough argument to win against Australia’s all-important agricultural sector.
So vehement is the opposition from northern Queenslanders, where the issue arose yet again over the summer, that they have threatened to secede from the south should it be introduced.
Former Premier Anna Bligh outright rejected a serious push to have it introduced in the state late last decade, based purely on the vehement opposition of the residents of the state’s vast regions.
The Katter’s Australia Party MPs, patriarch Bob Katter at the federal level and his son Rob Katter at state level, have both been outspoken opponents.
Even further south, Whitsundays MP Jason Costigan encapsulated the fiery resistance of many a regional Queenslander in January when he told APN media it would be introduced “over my dead body” and claimed a social media poll showed 90 per cent of his constituents opposed it.
“I think it’s reasonable to assume it would force my hand, it is something you die in the trenches for,” he said.
Whitsundays MP Jason Costigan is a fierce opponent of daylight saving. Picture: Daryl Wright.
Whitsundays MP Jason Costigan is a fierce opponent of daylight saving. Picture: Daryl Wright.Source:Supplied
“If there is one issue to push people over the edge and embrace statehood in the north it would be this issue — over my dead body will we see daylight savings in the north.”
At the same time, a poll undertaken by the Courier-Mail showed nearly 90 per cent of people in the state’s south east are in favour.
What is a state to do?

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/is-it-time-for-australia-to...

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #85 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:17am

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:01am

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:16am:

the only one crying is you.

You started the thread and now your trying to keep it going because you're so scared of DLS. Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #87 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:32am

John Smith wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:01am:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:16am:

the only one crying is you.

You started the thread and now your trying to keep it going because you're so scared of DLS. Grin Grin

You know I actually post the whinging from the fkking southern papers don't you?

It's right there in the posts, for you to see, I just respond to what you fkkheaded southerners are crying about in your papers.

Luckily we provide you assisted living, because you would be wallowing in your own filth within the week.

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2017 at 10:03am by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:41am

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:32am:
You know I actually post the whinging from the fkking southern papers don't you?

how the fkk would I know where you get your dumb ideas. It's not like you have the brains or the decency to post links.

It's right there in the posts, for you to see,

where?

Luckily we provide you assisted living,

yes, otherwise you'd struggle to swipe your own arse

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #89 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 7:08pm

How is that extra hour of afternoon sunshine treating you southerners?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print