Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
DLS Whingefest about to start (Read 20237 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: DLS Whingefest about to start
Reply #75 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:27pm

Fuzzball wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
Oh dear Jack, ya just got owned...... Grin Grin Grin Grin

I would start crying if I were you, if he's grade 5, you're only at level 3.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #76 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:49pm

Owned......... Grin

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:51pm

Fuzzball wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
Owned......... Grin

good of you to admit it. Now go back to class before you get in trouble

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #78 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 2:53am

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:18am:
Uhhh, it is 'darker' at 3pm compared to 2pm. The day is at its brightest at midday (and, yes, that is saving for differences in cloud cover). Sunlight brightness diminishes when the sun's direction is not directly overhead anymore. If you were as smart as a Qlder, you would know that. But you seem to be from NSW, the bogan state.

blah blah blah ... In summer, when daylight savings apply, the difference is so negligible that no one would notice any difference. Like I said before your grasping at straws and looking desperate in the process.

And as much as you want to believe it, the more sunlight, the more likely you are to get sunburned.

show my one case of someone getting sunburnt just walking home from school. You're talking through your arse.

Again, it is an economic issue of people eating during the evening hours that I think it is a bad idea to have daylight savings. Businesses serving food rely on evening hours business trade to get customers. The later the sunset, the less business stores get. Plus, it hurts labour costs. And employees get less pay from shorter work hours.

what a load of rubbish. If a restaurant is open 6 to 10m, they'll still open 6 to 10. Labor costs are the same. The only ones hurt are the brain cells of qlders.

You really are a southerner. Perhaps you live at such a latitude south of the equator that the angle of the sun's rays don't allow you to be burned. Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about and are just replying to get the last word.

I happen to have had 12 years of riding my bike or walking to school nearly every day of the school year. It was either a 10-minute bike ride or a 30-minute walk. Ten minutes did not mean a great deal of getting tanned. But a February to April, or September to November period could see people walking home being somewhat sunburned by the time they reached home. Even during those periods of the year, it was not so bad walking to school in the morning.

Obviously, you have not worked in the restaurant industry. I have. Sit outside Sizzlers, McDonalds, all the fast food restaurants, and even the fancy restaurants. Every year, those managers and supervisors of the restaurants would have their workers come in an hour earlier or later, depending on the time of year. When I first started working at a certain store, my hours were usually averaged 6pm start times for the summer. Winter start times averaged at 5pm. Happens all over the place. People don't usually start dinner until sundown. And an extra hour of sunlight just delays meal times, even if you are home from work at 4pm.
If I had to work during daylight savings with my job, I'm sure that my hours would have been cut due to lack of customers for 2 hours of the day during summer months. I recall having to stay back an hour, but only for the doldrums of work hours that did not get much done other than an hour of cleaning.

But that is very much the issue. DLS advocates throwing temper tantrums because the rest of the state does not want to entertain their stupid wishes. The solution is just for businesses that want DLS to just open and close early by an hour, so that they can go to the beach and smoke pot, or whatever privileged metropolitan residents do.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #79 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 7:52pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:56pm:
Spoken like someone who has never been north of Noosa.

why the fkk would anyone want to go north of Noosa?

BigOl64 wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:56pm:
DLS will NEVER happen in  QLD  while we remain a single state,

keep dreaming idiot. How much has the pop. of 'north of noosa' grown in the last 10 yrs? What about SE qld? How long do you think before SEQ gets the numbers to vote in DLS?

you didn't think that one through did you ... as always Cheesy Cheesy

Typical of the filthy cockroaches who scurry across our border. Just because a few thousand of you make it to warm dark spot in surfers paradise you think that you have the numbers to start ruling the state.

Good luck with that fkkhead.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

No party will willing cut the big money pit (the rest of QLD) for the whiny little bitches from outside the state wanting DLS.

Try cutting SEQ from the rest of QLD at least you will have our support for that.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 9:40pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 2:53am:
You really are a southerner. Perhaps you live at such a latitude south of the equator that the angle of the sun's rays don't allow you to be burned. Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about and are just replying to get the last word.

what a load of rubbish. Pretending you have some idea only because you live further north is a sure sign of stupidity.
If the sun is that hot you'll burn after 10 mins at 2pm, then 99 percent of the time, you'll still burn after 10 mins at 3pm. If you were in Melbourne one might have a point, where the weather will often drop up to 20 degrees in an hour, but up here the weather is very constant. Unless a storm is rolling in, there is very little movement during the middle of the afternoon.

You're just grasping at straws.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #81 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 10:03pm

John, there are no "grasping at straws" when it comes to skin cancer. Qld gets more direct sunlight during the summer months, compared to Sydney, Melbourne, or Hobart. The city of Hobart gets more daylight hours than my town. But my town gets more intensity of sunlight compared to Hobart. During the winter, my town gets more sunlight intensity and daylight hours than Hobart.

As I have mentioned before, I have had several moles and freckles removed from my body with suspected melanoma. None have been malignant. I reckon it would not be so bad if I lived in rural/regional NSW or Victoria. But my cricketing years in primary school, and my riding to and from school (10 minute rides each way) have added up the amount of sun exposure I have received over the years. I mow the lawn once a week every week (mostly) during the summer any time from 4pm to 6pm. If it was not for my use of sunscreen, hat and sunglasses, my sunburns would be more common.

This is not a matter of 10 minutes sun exposure and you have skin cancer. This is a matter of extending afternoon hours so that school children have to wait an extra hour to play outdoors in the cooling of the setting sun. I have yet to see much activity of people using the hot daylight hours to do outdoor activity. I have spent more time doing outdoor activity during the recent overcast conditions than I have in the last 3 month.

And as Qlders, we know from experience as well as general education that 15 minutes is enough exposure to get sunburned without adequate protection. I worked lunchtimes at one stage doing outdoor activity. By the end of the day, I had racked up enough sun exposure minutes to get sunburned even with 5 hours of inside air conditioned work time.

Grasping at straws is when southerners want to tell other states that they need to adopt the same DLS hours, because southerners can't count. It has been 25 years, and us Qlders have been accustomed to the southern bogans needing that extra hour after work to go surfing and swimming.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #82 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 10:49am

John Smith wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 9:40pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 2:53am:

what a load of rubbish. Pretending you have some idea only because you live further north is a sure sign of stupidity.
If the sun is that hot you'll burn after 10 mins at 2pm, then 99 percent of the time, you'll still burn after 10 mins at 3pm. If you were in Melbourne one might have a point, where the weather will often drop up to 20 degrees in an hour, but up here the weather is very constant. Unless a storm is rolling in, there is very little movement during the middle of the afternoon.

You're just grasping at straws.

There is your problem cretin, you don't know the difference between temperature and the UV index. Hint not the same

You have behaving like a fkken retard all this time based on your total ignorance of this very important information.

Fkken filthy cockroaches  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #83 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 6:53am

Enjoy your sleep in, southerners.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #84 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:16am

DLS is all but finished and the southerners are still whinging that some states aren't 'doing what their told'.

See you all again next years when the crying and whining starts all over again.

Demand that we become two separate states and then become the fully fledged southerners you want to be, doing what southerners do, sleep in.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

~

Tasmania was the first of the Australian states to introduce daylight saving 50 years ago, and that too was borne from a time of crisis.
It was introduced in the summer of 1967, when the state was gripped by drought, to save power, which, in turn, saved water.
It has, however, been a tough argument to win against Australia’s all-important agricultural sector.
So vehement is the opposition from northern Queenslanders, where the issue arose yet again over the summer, that they have threatened to secede from the south should it be introduced.
Former Premier Anna Bligh outright rejected a serious push to have it introduced in the state late last decade, based purely on the vehement opposition of the residents of the state’s vast regions.
The Katter’s Australia Party MPs, patriarch Bob Katter at the federal level and his son Rob Katter at state level, have both been outspoken opponents.
Even further south, Whitsundays MP Jason Costigan encapsulated the fiery resistance of many a regional Queenslander in January when he told APN media it would be introduced “over my dead body” and claimed a social media poll showed 90 per cent of his constituents opposed it.
“I think it’s reasonable to assume it would force my hand, it is something you die in the trenches for,” he said.
Whitsundays MP Jason Costigan is a fierce opponent of daylight saving. Picture: Daryl Wright.
Whitsundays MP Jason Costigan is a fierce opponent of daylight saving. Picture: Daryl Wright.Source:Supplied
“If there is one issue to push people over the edge and embrace statehood in the north it would be this issue — over my dead body will we see daylight savings in the north.”
At the same time, a poll undertaken by the Courier-Mail showed nearly 90 per cent of people in the state’s south east are in favour.
What is a state to do?

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/is-it-time-for-australia-to...

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #85 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:17am

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:01am

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:16am:

the only one crying is you.

You started the thread and now your trying to keep it going because you're so scared of DLS. Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #87 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:32am

John Smith wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:01am:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:16am:

the only one crying is you.

You started the thread and now your trying to keep it going because you're so scared of DLS. Grin Grin

You know I actually post the whinging from the fkking southern papers don't you?

It's right there in the posts, for you to see, I just respond to what you fkkheaded southerners are crying about in your papers.

Luckily we provide you assisted living, because you would be wallowing in your own filth within the week.

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2017 at 10:03am by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:41am

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:32am:
You know I actually post the whinging from the fkking southern papers don't you?

how the fkk would I know where you get your dumb ideas. It's not like you have the brains or the decency to post links.

It's right there in the posts, for you to see,

where?

Luckily we provide you assisted living,

yes, otherwise you'd struggle to swipe your own arse

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #89 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 7:08pm

How is that extra hour of afternoon sunshine treating you southerners?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print