Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Military weakness. SA/power. (Read 148 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Military weakness. SA/power.
Sep 29th, 2016 at 7:15pm

I've been rabitting on about this for years.  Up here in Queensland, it is a piece of the proverbial to get access to those electricity transmission towers.  A couple of decent crackers, and over they go.  Power taken out.

By a handful of idiots.

Our entire system collapses.  Wot?????

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Military weakness. SA/power.
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 3:04am

Aussie wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 7:15pm:
I've been rabitting on about this for years.  Up here in Queensland, it is a piece of the proverbial to get access to those electricity transmission towers.  A couple of decent crackers, and over they go.  Power taken out.

By a handful of idiots.

Our entire system collapses.  Wot?????

A temporary shutdown could be achieved in many simple ways... but the focus (according to an old friend who worked for CSIRO) is to look at cyber-attacks on the control systems... all that automation.....

I could do a temporary shutdown requiring replacement of infrastructure etc with a Cessna 150 in a single strike ..... and chances are you would not trace it other than by satellite surveillance...

Just don't tell the bad guys that.... and a few other things that pros know but 'mall muj' do not unless coached.... easy to bring down a tower.... once you get in....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print