Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
The lights go out in Greenie Sth Aust (Read 30920 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The lights go out in Greenie Sth Aust
Reply #120 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 9:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 8:48pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 7:36pm:
The entire state being blacked out had nothing to do with a few towers falling over.

Au contraire', Baron.  It had everything to do with why the state was blacked out.  No matter what lies you tell yourself, the reality was that it was the falling of power supply towers which caused the black out, not the reliance on renewable energy generation.

Quote:
The mentally retarded left will never accept facts that go against the narrative they try to construct.

I am not "mentally retarded".   I am a member of the broad "left", though.  What I am resisting is the false narrative that the fossil fuel industry is attempting to construct to further their control of power generation in Australia.  You appear to support that.  Do you have shares in coal mining, Baron?   Roll Eyes

The wind turbines shut down due to high winds, solar PV was useless with rain and clouds.
The renewables weren't working.

The powerline from Vic shutdown because it was overloaded it had nothing to do with towers falling over, current is the limiting factor for powerlines they shut it down so it wouldn't burn out.

I think you're retarded bwian you ignore the real reasons for the blackout to push your idiotic nonsense, I can see why nobody stays in your crappy forum.  Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #121 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 10:43pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 9:31pm:
The powerline from Vic shutdown because it was overloaded it had nothing to do with towers falling over, current is the limiting factor for powerlines they shut it down so it wouldn't burn out.

It had everything to do with the powerlines coming down.  QED,   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2016 at 2:59pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 11:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 10:43pm:
The power connector shut down because the powerlines came down, Baron

The interconnector closed down, it had been running at near peak import.

That means there was little generation in SA. Then of course there were lightning strikes on the lines. Normally that wouldn't have affected the interconnector overmuch. But running at close to peak it wouldn't have taken much of a spike via inductance to make it trip.

And you think the wildly fluctuations from the generators would not have an impact?

I'll just call you delusional.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #123 - Oct 6th, 2016 at 2:56pm

lee wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 11:16pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 10:43pm:
The power connector shut down because the powerlines came down, Baron

The interconnector closed down, it had been running at near peak import.

That means there was little generation in SA. Then of course there were lightning strikes on the lines. Normally that wouldn't have affected the interconnector overmuch. But running at close to peak it wouldn't have taken much of a spike via inductance to make it trip.

And you think the wildly fluctuations from the generators would not have an impact?

I'll just call you delusional.

I think you have forgotten that there were transformers and filters on the power generating systems which "ironed out" the power production.

The problem was a combination of the weather (primarily) and the loss of power (caused by the downing of the power lines, which in turn caused the interconnector to shutdown).  The means of generating the power (renewables) had little to do with it, despite what the fossil fuel industry might claim.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Oct 6th, 2016 at 7:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 6th, 2016 at 2:56pm:
I think you have forgotten that there were transformers and filters on the power generating systems which "ironed out" the power production.

The problem was a combination of the weather (primarily) and the loss of power (caused by the downing of the power lines, which in turn caused the interconnector to shutdown).  The means of generating the power (renewables) had little to do with it, despite what the fossil fuel industry might claim.

lee wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 7:03pm:
Generation initially rode through the faults, but at 16:18, following an extensive number of faults in a short period, 315 MW of wind generation disconnected (one group at 16:18:09, a second group at 16:18:15), also affecting the region north of Adelaide.

The uncontrolled reduction in generation resulted in increased flow on the main Victorian interconnector (Heywood) to make up the deficit.

This resulted in the Heywood Interconnector overloading. To avoid damage to the interconnector, the automatic-protection mechanism activated, tripping the interconnector. In this event, this resulted in the remaining customer load and electricity generation in SA being lost (referred to as a Black System).

This automatic-protection operated in less than half a second at 16:18.
The event resulted in the SA regional electricity market being suspended.

https://www.aemo.com.au/Media-Centre/-/media/BE174B1732CB4B3ABB74BD507664B270.as...

I guess you didn't read the preliminary report.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #125 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:43pm

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #126 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:18am

If anything caused the SA blackout it was privatisation! There is a photo showing a tower blown over with two of its legs pulled out the ground. The amount of cement around that leg was about the amount used to secure a road sign.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 1:51pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:18am:
If anything caused the SA blackout it was privatisation! There is a photo showing a tower blown over with two of its legs pulled out the ground. The amount of cement around that leg was about the amount used to secure a road sign.

Any proof it was because of privatisation? A report?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print