Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reasons Russia is fighting in Syria (Read 178 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reasons Russia is fighting in Syria
Sep 28th, 2016 at 3:09pm

Reason one is that there is a USA and Gulf State plan for a gas pipeline through Syria to EU to reduce EU dependence on Russian gas. This is opposed by both Syria and Russia.

The second is that Russia sees the 'insurgency' in Syria as a USA fomented action with the intention of regime change and Russia doesn't want a US puppet Islamic state bordering the Mediterranean potentially excluding Russia from its bases in Syria.

There is no doubt that terrorists in Syria are receiving weapons and munitions from USA via third party Arab states. These weapons will eventually proliferate through the world when the war ends and foreign terrorists return to their home countries with their weapons.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/09/27/putin-ups-the-ante-ceasefire-sabotage-tri...

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: Reasons Russia is fighting in Syria
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 3:53pm

The USA & EU should realise that their best potential ally for the future is Russia. The people would wish it

Obama is too stupid to see it
The people who run the EU are too stupid to see anything.
It will come to pass under Trump.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print