Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Is juliar spamming? (Read 2866 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Is juliar spamming?
Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:42am

Juliar is a poster who is posting dozens of posts a day, most of it copied and pasted from elsewhere and it is of sufficient volume that it is flooding the forum and stifling discussion.

For example, in this thread (77% = Humans 'ARE' Causing Climate Collapse), juliar has posted 11 times in 2 hours, most of the posts being large volumes of text copied and pasted from elsewhere and with almost no discussion taking place between this flood of posts.

Juliar also uses the same tactic to post up to a dozen new threads a day with text copied and pasted from elsewhere. By mid-morning, it is not unusual for half the threads on the first page to be created by this one poster.

We need reasonable limitations on this conduct or it will threaten the viability of the forum.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Is juliar spamming?
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:58am

Almost all come from the Australian Morning Mail, so wouldnt be surprised if he rtuns it. Kind of like on the old self service science forum, whereby we had a press agent for a publishing company extolling the virtues of Australias leadng erotic poet, Colin Leslie Dean. ONly problem was there was only one employee of the publishing company, Colin Leslie Dean.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:18pm

I do not recall seeing any boards flooded with new threads from her.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 2:56pm

Don't read them. More annoying is the persistent whinging of control freaks.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:07pm

freediver wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:18pm:
I do not recall seeing any boards flooded with new threads from her.

Sometimes the spamming is within certain threads. This poster has taken to copying and pasting comments - other people's opinions - several times a day into threads, and predominantly from one source. They add nothing useful to the discussion and are drowning out real contributions - stuff that other people actually write themselves.

As I have said, we need reasonable limits on this conduct. If it continues unabated, it risks the viability of the forum. Worst case scenario - others seeing "juliar" doing it and getting away without sanction, think it's a good idea, start copying and pasting stuff of their own, we get into copy-paste wars, and the forum dies because the signal to noise ratio (original contributions vs spam) gets too low to make the forum worthwhile for others to visit anymore. I have seen it happen before.

Here is a link to one thread that is a problem. How surprising Shorty up in "Polls" - 28 replies, C&P responses from "juliar" at 6, 11, 14, 15, 25, 26, 27. Many of these posts are quite long, and these 7 posts have more than half the text in the threads.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:14pm

I won't fault Juliar for spamming her own thread. What do you think of this one?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1474976153

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:16pm

freediver wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:14pm:
I won't fault Juliar for spamming her own thread. What do you think of this one?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1474976153

Pathetic.  I suppose you can't be faulted for spamming your own Forum either.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:18pm

freediver wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:35pm:
Here is Aussie mocking another poster for bumping a thread they consider to be spam.

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 6:59pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 6:57pm:
Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 9:59am:
Setanta wrote on Sep 4th, 2016 at 10:24pm:

Yeas, thanks.  I thought I read somewhere here an edict that commencing duplicate Threads was not to happen, but I cannot find it.

Anyone?

Speaking of duplicate threads how many now have you started questioning forum rules?   Smiley

Dunno, but whenever I do, there are always idiots who make dumb arse comments like that, so I am quite safe.

SW got owned, wot?

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 10:59am

Shucks!

If a post doesn't get a whole lot of Lefties screeching blue murder it is not much of a post is it ?

And of course the political correct ones are like land mines, step on them and they go right off!!!!

IP Logged

Cliff48
Gold Member

Australian Politics />

Canberra
Reply #9 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 4:28am

I don't think juliar spams.  She is simply a troll - and is good at it.  She knows the buttons and topics to get a bite from lefties.
In more recent times she is getting less 'bites' as people have remembered not to feed the trolls.    When everyone learns to ignore her, she will just go away (and probably return under a new nick and troll the RWNJs).  After all, she is just an attention seeker.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:51am

Bam wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:42am:
Juliar is a poster who is posting dozens of posts a day,

We need reasonable limitations on this conduct or it will threaten the viability of the forum.

It's always the intolerant lefties who want to censor and stop anyone from posting things they don't like.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:11am

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 7:51am:
Bam wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:42am:
Juliar is a poster who is posting dozens of posts a day,

It's always the intolerant lefties who want to censor and stop anyone from posting things they don't like.

I have to agree with Bam, there certainly is some trolling, spamming and a very revealing lack of a life for some of the members.

Juliar Posts: 4490
2.47 Posts per day

Karnal Posts: 40271
15.28 Posts per day

John Smith Posts: 45869
28.60 Posts per day

Greggerypeccery Posts: 49328
33.06 Posts per day

And for extra hilarity, from the person complaining about the amount of posts by Juliar

Bam Posts: 12332
10.61 Posts per day

I agree with Bam  We need reasonable limitations on this conduct or it will threaten the viability of the forum.

Clowns  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:14am

She is often annoying with her anti Shorten anti union rubbish but it isn't spam.

IP Logged

Cliff48
Gold Member

Australian Politics />

Canberra
Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:46am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 8:14am:
She is often annoying with her anti Shorten anti union rubbish but it isn't spam.

"Annoying" is an attribute that could apply to many RWNJs that have little regard for facts, but I prefer to see them as "alf Garnett" and have a chuckle at the idiots they make of themselves.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 9:32am

Oh yes,, and she groped me.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #15 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 10:02pm

Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #16 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 5:31pm

I would rather less restrictions rather than more....We all get our opinions out in different ways and need to accept the bullshit IMO???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the Internet, and you can find a lot of people there who don't like you.
Tina Fey, Golden Globes Acceptance Speech, 2009

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print