Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
It's back. See you later fellow-Members ... (Read 4946 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: It's back. See you later fellow-Members ...
Reply #45 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 6:49pm

Just a thought.

Herbert, this would take your mind off your head ache and give you an income. Please don't thank me:

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2016 at 7:31pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #46 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 7:04pm

Unforgiven wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 6:48pm:
Herbert's migraines are actually the demons in his head reacting adversely to the pathetic blather Herbert publishes.

You have to be one of the rudest, most annoying eff-wits that I have ever seen on these Forums.   

Why don't you just ring 13 11 14 and get yourself sorted out.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #47 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 7:05pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 7:04pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 6:48pm:
Herbert's migraines are actually the demons in his head reacting adversely to the pathetic blather Herbert publishes.

You have to be one of the rudest, most annoying eff-wits that I have ever seen on these Forums.   

Why don't you just ring 13 11 14 and get yourself sorted out.

Is that Neferti's free abuse line?

It didn't work for Neferti. It made her worse.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2016 at 9:15pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #48 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 7:42pm

miketrees wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:14pm:
My post disapeared !!

My headache's disappeared!! (sort of)  Tongue

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 8:21pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 7:42pm:
My post disapeared !!

glad to see my remedy worked Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 8:43pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 8:21pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 7:42pm:
My post disapeared !!

glad to see my remedy worked Cheesy Cheesy

(Sort of) ... If I stoop down, I nearly black out. I can hear a million cicadas too.

Shocked

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #51 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 9:12pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 2:00pm:
cods wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 9:13am:
I presume you mean your migraine is back herb.. sorry to hear that sounds awful...I wish you well.

Grin

Thanks, codsey - it's par for the course. I slept for 3.5 hours and then woke up with the Grandmother of all headaches, which I still have. There are headaches, and then there are headaches. This one is almost as bad as a kidney stone.

The Paracetamol has done absolutely sweet bugger-all, and I'm about to take an Endone for some temporary relief.

You need to get a good quality pillow Herbert. I used to wake up most mornings with a terrible headache and backache until I bought a good quality latex pillow. It was about $100 at the time - some of them are more expensive, but the difference it made was incredible.

When your head and neck are aligned properly while you're asleep - you will stop getting headaches.

http://www.spinaleze.com.au/Pillows.aspx

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 9:27pm

mantra wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 9:12pm:
You need to get a good quality pillow Herbert. I used to wake up most mornings with a terrible headache and backache until I bought a good quality latex pillow. It was about $100 at the time - some of them are more expensive, but the difference it made was incredible.

When your head and neck are aligned properly while you're asleep - you will stop getting headaches.

That sounds very plausible, Mantra. I have always liked rock-hard pillows, myself.

It's only this one time in ages that I've woken up with a splitting headache. Most of this Migraine problem is from taking Ramipril and Asprin every day for 3 years now. Blood thinners. It's why I have cicadas in my head, ringing out all the time.

But it's like living next to a railway track - after a few days you're not even aware of the noise anymore.

Thank you, Mantra.

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:50am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:01pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:20pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:22pm:
If you've got a migraine,  Hebie,  the worst thing you could be doing is reading a screen.  I'm surprised you can even make out the words.

When i get them,  i lie down in a dark room.  When I'm not vomiting that is.

I'm sorry to hear that, Mothra.

You've obviously got 'The Whole Nine Yards' type of migraine. My sincere condolences.

I believe blood vessels dilating in the brain presses against nerve endings which then causes the pain.

Cheers Herbie.  I only get them once or twice a year but they are rugged when they strike.

My daughter gets them all the time though.  Not as bad as me usually (she can still function through them mostly) but she suffers nonetheless...  poor kid.

Glad you're feeling better  Smiley

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:53am

mothra wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:01pm:
Cheers Herbie.  I only get them once or twice a year but they are rugged when they strike.

My daughter gets them all the time though.  Not as bad as me usually (she can still function through them mostly) but she suffers nonetheless...  poor kid.

Thanks Mothra. You're one of the best here despite those voices in your head telling you to vote Greens, or whatever.  Smiley Cool

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:04am

mothra wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:01pm:

Incidentally, I'm on a mission to find out what triggers these migraine attacks in other people so that I can experiment with these to see if they apply to me. That was the original intention of this thread before it all got carried away by the pixies.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #56 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:06am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 9:27pm:
mantra wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 9:12pm:

That sounds very plausible, Mantra. I have always liked rock-hard pillows, myself.

It's only this one time in ages that I've woken up with a splitting headache. Most of this Migraine problem is from taking Ramipril and Asprin every day for 3 years now. Blood thinners. It's why I have cicadas in my head, ringing out all the time.

But it's like living next to a railway track - after a few days you're not even aware of the noise anymore.

Thank you, Mantra. 

I'm sorry for your suffering Herbert. I didn't know blood thinners were a cause of migraines. I like hard pillows too. These latex pillows are very firm, but I also use a thin hard pillow on top of it to give it a little more height.

I can't see how people become addicted to Endone - I found it very ineffective when I used it one time when I had a broken bone. I wouldn't know what pain medication to recommend as I have a fairly high tolerance to pain and rarely use medications.

I have heard that Amcal Strong Pain Relief Plus is excellent - it has 10 mg of codeine, but it's the doxylamine in it which gives the relief.

Anyway you've probably tried everything there is, but as a last resort you could always try a new pillow and see if that helps a little bit. I bought the Dunlop brand which was a little firmer looking than the others. It hasn't lost its shape in a couple of years.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:06am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:53am:
You're one of the best here despite those voices in your head telling you to vote Greens, or whatever.

we both know I'm your favourite Herb  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #58 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:32am

John Smith wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:06am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:53am:
You're one of the best here despite those voices in your head telling you to vote Greens, or whatever.

we both know I'm your favourite Herb  Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Voices in my Pants never order me to start thinking about you or the other guys here, Johnno, so you can keep a-knockin' at ma door but you cain't come in.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2016 at 7:52pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:51am

mantra wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:06am:
I'm sorry for your suffering Herbert.

Thanks, but Hell no - I would definitely not class myself as a sufferer of migraine - that would be totally unfair to those who really do go through hell with it.

It's just that on this one occasion a couple of days ago I went to bed from a bout of 'aura' type migraine that blinds you for about an hour - with not the slightest hint of a headache, but then woke up hours later with the most painful headache I have ever experienced in my entire life - worse than when I was laid in bed for a week after being smashed by a fast cricket ball.

I didn't know blood thinners were a cause of migraines.

It surprised me too. From no more than around two mild 'aura' type migraines a year - the blood thinners then saw me having as many as six in a run of six days, and then some quiet times.

I have heard that Amcal Strong Pain Relief Plus is excellent - it has 10 mg of codeine, but it's the doxylamine in it which gives the relief.

I've bookmarked this for later checking on. One of the problems is that my GP of 20 years should never have been given a doctor's licence. He is simply not up to it in terms of IQ, aptitude, and intellect.

Anyway you've probably tried everything there is, but as a last resort you could always try a new pillow and see if that helps a little bit. I bought the Dunlop brand which was a little firmer looking than the others. It hasn't lost its shape in a couple of years.

Thanks, Mantra, it's all helpful information that I can check out to see if there are remedies there.

Got to run for the bus for a dental appointment. Have just taken a massive 1000 gm of Amoxycillin to keep the dental germs off my artificial heart valve.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print