Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Australia needs an Aborigine holocaust memorial (Read 3611 times)
it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Re: Australia needs an Aborigine holocaust memorial
Reply #15 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:05pm

https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/law/royal-commission-into-abo...

Royal Commission into Aboriginal deaths in custody

A royal commission in 1987 investigated Aboriginal deaths in custody over a 10-year period, giving over 330 recommendations.
Its recommendations are still valid today, but very few have been implemented. Every year, Aboriginal people continue to die in custody.

1987: The Royal Commission starts work

In 1987 the government led by Bob Hawke decided something must be done about a rising number of complaints that Aboriginal people were dying in suspicious circumstances in police cells.

It announced a Royal Commission (a major government public inquiry into an issue) into Aboriginal deaths in custody on 10 August 1987 in response to a growing public concern that such deaths were too common and poorly explained.

Hearings began in 1988. The commission initially set out to examine 44 specific cases but that eventually grew to 99, with 32 in Western Australia, 27 in Queensland, 21 in South Australia and the Northern Territory and 19 across NSW, Victoria and Tasmania [24].

The Commission submitted its final report in April 1991. All up, the commission cost about $40 million, with another $400 million spent on implement of its recommendations [24].

To monitor deaths in custody, the Australian Institute of Criminology established a national deaths in custody program which should publish an annual report.

A decade ago, the program was delivering its reports within days of the close of the reporting period - the 2003, 2004 and 2005 reports were delivered within one month. Then, without explanation, each of the next 3 reports took between 16 months and 2 years to appear. The 2009-11 report has been almost 3½ years in the making [23].

[The deaths in custody report] paints a horrific portrait of the state of indigenous criminal justice.
—Inga Ting, journalist, Sydney Morning Herald [23]
I am constantly stunned when many senators tell me that they are not aware of Australia's death in custody record.
—Gerry Georgatos, Human Rights Alliance, Perth [14]
Aboriginal Australians have learnt to fear for the lives of family members who end up in police cells or jail.
—The Saturday Paper [29]

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #16 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:07pm

http://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2016/04/14/royal-commission-aboriginal-deaths...

The Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody: timeline of events and aftermath

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:07pm

If we counted all the violent crimes committed by Abos against Australians who happen to be white or asian it would eclipse anything white people may have done by about 50,000 percent.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #18 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:18pm

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #19 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 1:52am

We should first wait for the Aboriginal Holocaust and count the survivors... see if there's enough for a quorum on this issue...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #20 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 1:52am

it_is_the_light wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:18pm:

... and this, in your humble view, is due to....????

I also note, and have fairly stated in the past, that the rate of Aboriginal incarceration has risen to 150% of what it was at the time of 'The Apology'..... when we were all supposed to become brothers and sisters......

What are the reasons for this?  Anyone?

https://www.lawcouncil.asn.au/lawcouncil/images/LCA-PDF/Indigenous_Imprisonment_...

http://www.aic.gov.au/crime_types/in_focus/indigenousjustice.html

"Factors that increase risk

There are similar risk factors for being involved in violence as either an offender or victim. For Indigenous Australians, these include misuse of alcohol, socio-economic disadvantage, childhood exposure to violence and abuse, the younger age profile of the Indigenous population, previous involvement with the criminal justice system and psychological distress."

My apologies for forcing factual considerations on the discussion group..... as well as having to do a little homework and reading.....

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2016 at 1:57am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 1:54am

How much have you contributed to the Aborigine reparation fund Unforgiven? At least 10% of your yearly income with a pledge to continue the contribution until your death I hope.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:16am

Unforgiven wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 9:55pm:
May I present:

The first video cover shows an aggressive and armed Abo trespassing for criminal reasons onto somebody's residential and workplace land.

Quite rightly he's promptly sent off to the Dreamtime.

The cover of the second video shows decent and caring people starting the process of educating small abo children as to the ways of Western civilisation as it was then - with a view to eventually seeing them able to assimilate into the mainstream as adults able to benefit from the new societal realities.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:23am

it_is_the_light wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:18pm:

Damn right.

It's quite appalling what the Devil does with Idle Hands.

The annual bill to the Australian taxpayer for all it involves to police, adjudicate, and incarcerate these native miscreants must be quite staggering.

Personally I favour Work Farms and fabrication industries where these rascals can be productive rather than lounging around in the prisons' billiard rooms and weight-lifting studios muscling-up for when they're out on the streets again.

Thank you for alerting us to this criminological exposé, Light.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:48am

Frank wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 8:10pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 6:18pm:
Australia needs an Aborigine holocaust memorial, and a museum so our descendants will be more aware of the atrocities committed in their name.

How about central Sydney?

What about reparations? Could be done by surcharge on tax.

There has never been an Aboriginal holocaust.

If anything, the Aborigines should count their blessing that they were brought into modernity by the British and not the French (see Haiti) Belgians (Congo), Chinese (China) or Arabs (Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc).

it makes me sad..

because in my years of listening to all of this .....I have never once heard where Aboriginals have show any gratitude for anything that is done for them..whitey will never get it right thats for sure..

all we hear are negatives that happened donkeys years ago...their wounds will never heal because they dont want them too...I am not even sure unforgiven is aboriginal....hes just so full of hate and misery..

it looks like he lives very well imo.nothing poor about him

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:01am

cods wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:48am:
...I am not even sure unforgiven is aboriginal....hes just so full of hate and misery..

They say Herpes is incurable, and that's pretty much what he's suffering from mentally from a lifetime of being screwed in the head with apologist propaganda by those who want to shift the blame for aboriginal failure onto the Anglo-Saxon settlers and their British ancestors.

Abos were caught literally with their pants down by the British in 1877, and ever since then they've been trying to make the British and Aussies feel as embarrassed as they do for having been asleep at the wheel for all of 40,000 years.

Unforgiven is suffering from a neurotic tic that no amount of rationalisation will ever cure.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:05am

Its not good that anyone dies in custody.

I wonder what the death rate for aboriginals was outside of police custody,,, I suspect greater

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:07am

miketrees wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:05am:

I wonder what the death rate for aboriginals was outside of police custody,,, I suspect greater

I read a recent report which says that contrary to what the luvvies would have us believe, more whites than abos die in custody.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:11am

miketrees wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:05am:

we had a young one die in ACT Jail not long ago.. a total stuff up by the authorities......yes it is bad even tragic....but honestly it is more about them than the system...domestic violence by all accounts is alive and well in their communities...child abuse.. alcohol drugs... what are we meant to do ignore all that????....

its time they got their own act together and realise it isnt the jails that are killing them... its their behavior....

they do not meet whitey half way they sit back and say its YOUR fault you fix it.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:13am

I can believe that Herb.

Going into custody probably saves more indigenous people so the luvvies are actually killing aboriginals

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print