Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Send Topic Print
UK settlers killed more Australians than Muslims (Read 9996 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: UK settlers killed more Australians than Muslims
Reply #90 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:15pm

rhino wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:13pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 2:53pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 2:50pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 2:47pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 2:44pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 12:53am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 11:57pm:

Note the highlighted section.   What was the intention of the Stolen Generations Policies?  To forcibly transfer children from one group to another.    Roll Eyes

The kids were of 2 groups. Are you not aware of what half caste means?

I am well aware what it means.

I am also well aware of the racist claims about Indigenous women not loving their babies as much as White women...    Roll Eyes
Let me guess, this is your view. The government took these kids away because they wanted to make them white??

Yes, that was the ultimate objective of the Stolen Generations Policies.   You obviously dispute it.   What a shame you're so wilfully ignorant.    Roll Eyes
Nothing to do with the fact that mixed blood babies were getting banged over the head with a rock. Or not being looked after properly.
Correct, the well founded fear was that these half white children would never be accepted by Aboriginals.

It was more than just fear. It was fact. Half caste children were being murdered. It's well documented.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:20pm

Unforgiven wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:15pm:

Note the highlighted section.   What was the intention of the Stolen Generations Policies?  To forcibly transfer children from one group to another.    Roll Eyes

I am also well aware of the racist claims about Indigenous women not loving their babies as much as White women...    Roll Eyes
Let me guess, this is your view. The government took these kids away because they wanted to make them white??

Yes, that was the ultimate objective of the Stolen Generations Policies.   You obviously dispute it.   What a shame you're so wilfully ignorant.    Roll Eyes
Nothing to do with the fact that mixed blood babies were getting banged over the head with a rock. Or not being looked after properly.

Poms and closet poms call that 'hard love' when they do it.
I'd like to respond to you but you'd probably dob me in . Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #92 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:21pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:15pm:

Correct, the well founded fear was that these half white children would never be accepted by Aboriginals.

It was more than just fear. It was fact. Half caste children were being murdered. It's well documented.

Why were poms and closet poms raping Aboriginal women in order to produce half-caste children if this was not part of the British genocide policy?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:30pm

Unforgiven wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:21pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:15pm:

Why were poms and closet poms raping Aboriginal women in order to produce half-caste children if this was not part of the British genocide policy?
You sure it was rape numptoid.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #94 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:04pm

rhino wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 2:50pm:
]Not the point. You are wrong. The children were never removed from one group to another, they always belonged to the European and Aboriginal groups and the intent was benevolent. now if you can prove full bloods were treated in the same way there may be a basis, but you wont be able to do that because it never happened. The intent behind moving the kids was only ever to provide for those considered half white.

If the intention was "benevolent" why was it written in the terms of Genocide?  Mmm?   Roll Eyes

Forcible removal of children from one group to another is Genocide.   QED.   

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #95 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:09pm

There is no independent evidence to support that any lasting harm occurred to indigenous children from their Indigenous families.   There is the usual self-justifying, racist and bigoted claims only.

If the concern was benevolence, why were full-blood children, living in exactly the same circumstances were ignored by the authority who acted purely upon the racist and bigoted belief that the colour of one's skin was of importance in determining whether a child was "half-caste" or not.   The Indigenous children who were stolen by the Government were just as loved and just as well cared for, yet the authorities belief in white supremacy meant that they had to be removed.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:11pm

And yet their parents covered them in soot or hid them to stop them being taken by the white authorities.  Perhaps the fear was that they would be accepted?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #97 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:12pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 4th, 1974 at 8:07am:

Really?  By whom?  Daisy Bates the inveterate liar and bigamist?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 5:25pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 6:25pm:
... The historical record admits that Genocide was the purpose of the Stolen Generations policies instituted in Australia.  This was admitted to at the investigation into those policies.

Source?

Genocide, as a term, did not exist before 1944.

If we are to pro actively pursue those accused of genocide, as the term is described under the guidelines issued by the UN, in ages past, where will it end?

Will we perhaps seek compensation from the descendants of the Roman Empire?

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #99 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 6:03pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 5:25pm:
... The historical record admits that Genocide was the purpose of the Stolen Generations policies instituted in Australia.  This was admitted to at the investigation into those policies.

Source?

Lets just call it extermination to appease Lionel Edriess.

If we are to pro actively pursue those accused of genocide, as the term is described under the guidelines issued by the UN, in ages past, where will it end?

I think we would be too busy to get to the Romans after arriving at Lionel Edriess's ancestors who are reputed to be responsible for 150 million deaths world wide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-IGHByjToO4

« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2016 at 6:11pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #100 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 6:15pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 5:25pm:

Source?

Here, Lionel.   Roll Eyes

Quote:

However, the "crime without a name" did exist pre-1944, now didn't it, Lionel?  Forgotten Armenia in 1915?

Quote:

If you know of any, please send them to the UN to make their claim, Lionel.   What?  They weren't the victims of Genocide 'cause they survived what ever the Roman Empire did to their ancestors?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

thehermit

Australian Politics

Gold Coast, Australia
Reply #101 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 8:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:09pm:

There is no independent evidence to support that any lasting harm occurred to indigenous children from their Indigenous families.   There is the usual self-justifying, racist and bigoted claims only.

If the concern was benevolence, why were full-blood children, living in exactly the same circumstances were ignored by the authority who acted purely upon the racist and bigoted belief that the colour of one's skin was of importance in determining whether a child was "half-caste" or not.   The Indigenous children who were stolen by the Government were just as loved and just as well cared for, yet the authorities belief in white supremacy meant that they had to be removed.    Roll Eyes

I think this link proves otherwise...

https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/bennelong-papers/2013/05/the-long-bloody-history
-of-aboriginal-violence/

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 8:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:11pm:

And yet their parents covered them in soot or hid them to stop them being taken by the white authorities.  Perhaps the fear was that they would be accepted?    Roll Eyes
rubbish,  all a myth, these half caste kids were outcasts. Youve been watching too many movies.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 9:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:04pm:
[
If the intention was "benevolent" why was it written in the terms of Genocide?  Mmm?   Roll Eyes
It wasnt, i challenged you to show official govt policy as genocide, you have failed, massively.

Quote:
Forcible removal of children from one group to another is Genocide.   QED.   
perhaps, but this never happened, again i challenged you to show where full blood children were removed, they werent.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #104 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:10am

rhino wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 8:58pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:11pm:

rubbish,  all a myth, these half caste kids were outcasts. Youve been watching too many movies.

No, I've been reading the history books and articles about the Stolen Generations with an open mind:

Quote:
"Sometimes the mothers would try to cover these children with ash so their skins would look darker, so perhaps the welfare wouldn't take them away," said Barbara Cummings, the author of a book about the Stolen Generation, "Take This Child." She is a mixed-race aborigine who was removed from her mother and raised in a church-run camp.

[Source]

Quote:
Gunner was hidden from patrol officers, had his skin blackened with ash and ‘did not voluntarily leave his community’.

[Source]

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Send Topic Print