Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
UK settlers killed more Australians than Muslims (Read 9914 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: UK settlers killed more Australians than Muslims
Reply #240 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:08am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:33am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:17pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:24pm:
I sometimes wonder what type of questions Brian thinks are culturally biased? How many months are there in a calendar year? 12? 13?
Questions like that are relative questions that are left off the test.

Define a "calendar" in terms that a sub-Saharan African or an Indigenous Australian could understand...    Roll Eyes

THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY TO YOU!!!!

Those type of questions are not used in IQ tests. There are questions that everyone is familiar.

Ex. Johnny's mother had three children.
The first child was named April.
The second child was named May.
What was the third child's name?
Brian apparently has never heard of culturally unbiased IQ tests which have been used for decades.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #241 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 5:55am

They missed more than they hit.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #242 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 5:57am

rhino wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:08am:
I sometimes wonder what type of questions Brian thinks are culturally biased? How many months are there in a calendar year? 12? 13?

Define a "calendar" in terms that a sub-Saharan African or an Indigenous Australian could understand...    Roll Eyes

Those type of questions are not used in IQ tests. There are questions that everyone is familiar.

Brian apparently has never heard of culturally unbiased IQ tests which have been used for decades.

Q. Designed by which culture?   Wink

A. The culture of appeasement to little girlies in school who might not feel valued sufficiently unless they are accorded some massive IQ.

At school I had one of the three top IQs in a school of 1200 and started high school at age 10.1/2 .... at 132 considered in the top 1-2% - nowadays I hear fancy stories (friend) of them high flyers way up in the 180's and such.... as the top 1-2% ...  and friend, that just ain't right... them tests get real vague and non-specific and open to judgement way too much once you gits past 130 or so....

You can still jag a test on subject knowledge and so forth.... or just plain jag it.... and when I look at them high-flyin' graduates these days, friend - I really have to think there is a serious problem with our evaluation and education system.  Every second clown seems to have a Ph.D, and friend - there just ain't that much new knowledge going the rounds... not what makes any sense no how.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #243 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:36pm

UnsubRocky? The nom de plume.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #244 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:05pm

Aboriginal IQ question-

If Daisy filled an empty sherry bottle up with  20 blowflies as opposed to 10 blowflies what percentage of  extra clitoral stimulation would she receive?

a- 10%
b- 50%
c- 100%
d- no clitoral stimulation.

« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2016 at 8:06pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #245 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:20pm

Are you asking a Yolngu, a Anangu Pitjantjajara or a Noongar (Whadjuk) respondent?

Why are using White, Anglo-Saxon/Celtic, industrialised Western names of months?

Why would someone name their child after a month?

You are making as usual, White Supremacist assumptions.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #246 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:22pm

rhino wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:56am:
But you said  that IQ tests are biased against non western non white people. Japanese and Chinese are both non western non white groups. And theres no suggestion that for the purposes of IQ testing the participants were drawn only from those individuals most exposed to modern industrialised western influences. If you want to go down that road we can say with certainty that Australian Aboriginals are exposed to these influences as well.

You are being literalistic and making assumptions.  Fool.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #247 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:24pm

rhino wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:59am:
Lol. white supremacist. You simply have no idea what you are talking about. Lynns a cultural and racial pragmatist, since his findings show that non white groups are intellectually superior to whites your claim is rather silly Brian.

You are assuming that the concept of "race" which is socially, rather than genetically constructed is a valid one as does Lynn.  I don't.   There is only one race, the human one, all other "racial" groups are minor local adaptations to conditions created by evolution.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #248 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:26pm

Two points.

One, you are making assumptions about me which are not supported by the evidence but that is typical of racists/bigots.

Two.  These culturally unbiased tests were only introduced the 1980s and then more widely in the 1990s.   We have NO IDEA when the tests being quoted were undertaken nor what tests were used.  Until we do, I will continue to believe they were not "culturally unbiased" as they are reported on a White Supremacist website.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #249 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:26pm:

Two points.

One, you are making assumptions about me which are not supported by the evidence but that is typical of racists/bigots.

Two.  These culturally unbiased tests were only introduced the 1980s and then more widely in the 1990s.   We have NO IDEA when the tests being quoted were undertaken nor what tests were used.  Until we do, I will continue to believe they were not "culturally unbiased" as they are reported on a White Supremacist website.     Roll Eyes
What on earth are you babbling about? Lynns work has been widely critiqued and peer reviewed, his book the Bell curve is available in any bookshop and the tests quoted were not "reported on a white supremacist" website. Grow up, if you dont know anything about this subject either do your research or shut up. At the moment you are coming across as an immature histrionic  babbling fool.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #250 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:24pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:59am:
Lol. white supremacist. You simply have no idea what you are talking about. Lynns a cultural and racial pragmatist, since his findings show that non white groups are intellectually superior to whites your claim is rather silly Brian.

You are assuming that the concept of "race" which is socially, rather than genetically constructed is a valid one as does Lynn.  I don't.   There is only one race, the human one, all other "racial" groups are minor local adaptations to conditions created by evolution.     Roll Eyes
No assumptions needed, the tests were given to different groups with the results recorded. You arent doing yourself any favours here.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #251 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 5:14pm

rhino wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:52pm:
What on earth are you babbling about? Lynns work has been widely critiqued and peer reviewed, his book the Bell curve is available in any bookshop and the tests quoted were not "reported on a white supremacist" website. Grow up, if you dont know anything about this subject either do your research or shut up. At the moment you are coming across as an immature histrionic  babbling fool.

As I have said, I know more I suspect than you do.  Time for you to run along.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #252 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 5:15pm

rhino wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:54pm:
No assumptions needed, the tests were given to different groups with the results recorded. You arent doing yourself any favours here.

Until you provide references to the reports and the tests used, I will continue with my beliefs.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #253 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 7:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 5:14pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:52pm:

As I have said, I know more I suspect than you do.  Time for you to run along.    Roll Eyes
Yet you didnt know anything about Lynns work, didnt know anything about his research and presumed it was off a  white supremacist site. Keep displaying that knowledge Brian.  Grin

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #254 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 7:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 5:15pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:54pm:

Until you provide references to the reports and the tests used, I will continue with my beliefs.    Roll Eyes
why on earth would you need references since you have self proclaimed your superior knowledge of it.  Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print