Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
UK settlers killed more Australians than Muslims (Read 9908 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: UK settlers killed more Australians than Muslims
Reply #225 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:44pm

Secret Wars wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:37pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:28pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:14pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:25pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:13pm:
You certainly have a point aqua. I'm sick of this whole aboriginal business even more than this gay marriage business. It just goes on year after year , decade after decade. There comes a time in a mans life when  blaming Captain Cook for his crappy life just doesn't cut it. I don't blame the white man for an aborigine going to jail , not looking after his kids and getting pissed a lot. It's his bloody fault. It's just so boring.

Yet you are all too willing to overlook the very conditions which White Settlement and Indigenous dispossession has created.   Tsk, tsk, to you it is all the fault of the Indigenous Australians that they live such lives...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
So the modern world is destroying aborigines. Get with the bloody times I say. I will never believe that wider society is the blame for my poor judgement. That also applies to aborigines.

I think we can finally agree on something.  I think you're also responsible for your bloody poor judgement.    Wink
I'm flying. I don't blame do-gooders, Muslims, aborigines and what happened 200 years ago for my past mistakes. I'm tough. I get back up and my feet. You victim creators keep aborigines down.

200 years, pffft, that's nothing.  Brian can find excuses going back to the crusades.  Brian is not an advocate of personal responsibility but that somehow, somewhere, whitey is to blame, all else are not only blameless but useless and need to be guided, nurtured and supported and kept in a state of passivity and uselessness. 
You are on the money Secret Wars. I'm sick of hearing this rubbish. I grew up 5 houses away from an aboriginal family in a poor housing commission suburb in Western Sydney. My father and mother were brought up dirt poor but they both worked and got us off to school. They didn't have Captain Cook to blame everything on. This do-gooder thing of blaming wider society for aboriginal personal failings is just crap.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #226 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 3:14pm:
Genetics proves there is little difference between the so-called "races", genetically.  Intelligence tests are and were for most of their history weighted against non-Western, non-White peoples.  Until you can produce references to IQ tests not conducted by white supremacist, imperialists, which have not been weighted against non-white, non-Western, non-industrialised peoples, you're barking up a tree, Rhino.   Roll Eyes

IQ tests are produced to be non-biased against people of a different race. I did an IQ test about 25 years ago and remember the pragmatic nature of the questions. Like, "If Billy had 5 apples, and Suzie had 3 apples, how many bananas do they both have?" type questions. Then the sequencing patterns questions. The maths questions. The English questions.

The only way to fail an IQ test is to not do one.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #227 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:16pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:03pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 3:14pm:
Genetics proves there is little difference between the so-called "races", genetically.  Intelligence tests are and were for most of their history weighted against non-Western, non-White peoples.  Until you can produce references to IQ tests not conducted by white supremacist, imperialists, which have not been weighted against non-white, non-Western, non-industrialised peoples, you're barking up a tree, Rhino.   Roll Eyes

IQ tests are produced to be non-biased against people of a different race. I did an IQ test about 25 years ago and remember the pragmatic nature of the questions. Like, "If Billy had 5 apples, and Suzie had 3 apples, how many bananas do they both have?" type questions. Then the sequencing patterns questions. The maths questions. The English questions.

yeah, Brian has missed one important point. He thinks the tests are biased against non white non westerners but fails to realise that Japanese and Chinese score the highest on these tests.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #228 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:24pm

I sometimes wonder what type of questions Brian thinks are culturally biased? How many months are there in a calendar year? 12? 13?
Questions like that are relative questions that are left off the test.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #229 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 3:15pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 1:06am:
mothra wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 12:59am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 12:54am:
rhino wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 12:32am:
http://www.npiamerica.org/research/category/racial-differences-in-intelligence-personality-and-behavior

The National Policy Institute of America?  Sorry, I don't bother with sites dedicated to White Supremacy.    Nor do I accept the claim their views are based on "several hundred studies" and they fail dismally to reference them.   I suspect those "Studies" were performed by white Imperialists in the first half of the 20th century and weighted to deliberately make non-Whites appear to be "stupid".   I do not believe in the socially constructed belief in the differences between the various "races" when Genetics have proved it invalid.  There is only one race, the human one and it's time you lo caught up with the science of the 21st century.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's an absolute joke,  isn't it?

Some source.  Hilarious.
theres a million sources of this same study on the internet child.

Provide links to them, if they are so readily available.    Roll Eyes
If you have never heard of Richard Lynns study or the Bell Curve then you shouldnt even be in this topic. Heres the only link you and Mothra need, www.google.com . Now off you go and come back when you have a least a little knowledge of the subject you are so eager to debate but know nothing about.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #230 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:09pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:28pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:14pm:
I think we can finally agree on something.  I think you're also responsible for your bloody poor judgement.    Wink
I'm flying. I don't blame do-gooders, Muslims, aborigines and what happened 200 years ago for my past mistakes. I'm tough. I get back up and my feet. You victim creators keep aborigines down.

How?  I merely recognise they have it tougher than you or I might have it, nothing more.  As you, yourself admit, you are responsible for your poor judgement and that happens without the problems of dispossession, theft of children, destruction of culture/religion/society around you.   If you were more mature, you'd recognise that most indigenous people are actually fairly well adjusted people who live amongst the white colonial descendants quite well, in cities, not remote bush camps/missions/reserves.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #231 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:11pm

Secret Wars wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:37pm:
200 years, pffft, that's nothing.  Brian can find excuses going back to the crusades.  Brian is not an advocate of personal responsibility but that somehow, somewhere, whitey is to blame, all else are not only blameless but useless and need to be guided, nurtured and supported and kept in a state of passivity and uselessness. 

Evironment and history play a larger part in how people are raised than you appear to believe, Secret Wars.  200 years is a drop in the bucket compared to the several thousand years that some people can trace their ancestry.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #232 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:14pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:03pm:

You are making Western, Industrialised assumptions about mathematics, society and culture.  What if the person being questioned is innumerate as many amongst your fellow racists/bigots are?   What if they do not understand what an "Apple" is, as many Autistic people don't?   What they don't understand a sequence?  All those factors must be taken into consideration yet you ignore them.  For you, one test suits all peoples, despite the peoples not suiting the test.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #233 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:16pm

rhino wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:16pm:
yeah, Brian has missed one important point. He thinks the tests are biased against non white non westerners but fails to realise that Japanese and Chinese score the highest on these tests.

Both Asian groups are closest to the Western, Industrialised knowledge that you possess.  So, obviously they will do well, if they are drawn from the well-educated, in Western style concepts that many Chinese and Japanese peoples are today.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #234 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:17pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:24pm:
I sometimes wonder what type of questions Brian thinks are culturally biased? How many months are there in a calendar year? 12? 13?

Define a "calendar" in terms that a sub-Saharan African or an Indigenous Australian could understand...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #235 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:19pm

rhino wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:41pm:
If you have never heard of Richard Lynns study or the Bell Curve then you shouldnt even be in this topic. Heres the only link you and Mothra need, www.google.com . Now off you go and come back when you have a least a little knowledge of the subject you are so eager to debate but know nothing about.

Are you aware of the criticism of Lynn's "Bell Curve"?  I am.   He's full of bullshit and his "curve" is based upon White Supremacist views.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #236 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:33am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:17pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:24pm:

Define a "calendar" in terms that a sub-Saharan African or an Indigenous Australian could understand...    Roll Eyes

THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY TO YOU!!!!

Those type of questions are not used in IQ tests. There are questions that everyone is familiar.

Ex. Johnny's mother had three children.
The first child was named April.
The second child was named May.
What was the third child's name?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #237 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:53am

For Brian. What is an IQ test.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #238 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:56am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:16pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:16pm:

Both Asian groups are closest to the Western, Industrialised knowledge that you possess.  So, obviously they will do well, if they are drawn from the well-educated, in Western style concepts that many Chinese and Japanese peoples are today.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
But you said  that IQ tests are biased against non western non white people. Japanese and Chinese are both non western non white groups. And theres no suggestion that for the purposes of IQ testing the participants were drawn only from those individuals most exposed to modern industrialised western influences. If you want to go down that road we can say with certainty that Australian Aboriginals are exposed to these influences as well.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #239 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:59am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:19pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 9:41pm:

Are you aware of the criticism of Lynn's "Bell Curve"?  I am.   He's full of bullshit and his "curve" is based upon White Supremacist views.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Lol. white supremacist. You simply have no idea what you are talking about. Lynns a cultural and racial pragmatist, since his findings show that non white groups are intellectually superior to whites your claim is rather silly Brian.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print