Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Vulgarity (Read 3329 times)
Black Orchid
Gold Member

Re: Vulgarity
Reply #30 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:09pm

Secret Wars wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:05am:
I have never seen a forum like this for members insinuating that other members are paedophiles, seems to be a standard debating tactic likewise the insinuating or out right accusing other members of being gay, and this usually from the so called tolerant left.  Must be still stuck in a schoolyard mentality.  So much for political debate, more like just juvenile name calling.

Simply astonishing. 

Most forums delete such baiting and accusational comments and if it persists the thread would be deleted too.  It really a huge turnoff.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:15pm

And, yes, I have to agree with SW that it is mainly the lefties here who tend to do it as a matter of course.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:46pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:09pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:05am:
I have never seen a forum like this for members insinuating that other members are paedophiles, seems to be a standard debating tactic likewise the insinuating or out right accusing other members of being gay, and this usually from the so called tolerant left.  Must be still stuck in a schoolyard mentality.  So much for political debate, more like just juvenile name calling.

Simply astonishing. 

Most forums delete such baiting and accusational comments and if it persists the thread would be deleted too.  It really a huge turnoff.

yahoo did that but I think it was a fulltime job for the mods..they would leave the blank post there for all to see....the trouble is so many threads get derailed by those who do not seem to be able to debate.. not sure why they bother coming here to be honest..

like I have mentioned some of the females bring themselves down to the same level of abuse I find it cringeworthy  and never ever justified...I want to ask them.. do you speak to your children like that?

but I dont think they would get the connection.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 6:22pm

cods wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:50pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:55am:
We don't  negotiate with terrorists; i don't  sweet talk with creeps.

dont talk to them sir... as it is you fight with them...

if you were dealing with an angry tiger would you scream and yell at him?.... I think you would try and calm him down first........well either that or walk away.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

just sayin!

Grin Grin Grin

I just swore at one of my cats that looks like a Black Panther. It didn't help, of course, but it sure felt good. They love to piss me off when I am at my most busy.

I can sit for hours doing absolutely nothing - in one of Aqua's 'dur' states - with not the slightest interference from the cats, but the moment I look busy and concentrated on something - all hell breaks loose.

"Please PLEASE pay attention to me" they all say at once ... .

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 7:47am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 6:22pm:
cods wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:50pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:55am:
We don't  negotiate with terrorists; i don't  sweet talk with creeps.

dont talk to them sir... as it is you fight with them...

if you were dealing with an angry tiger would you scream and yell at him?.... I think you would try and calm him down first........well either that or walk away.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

just sayin!

Grin Grin Grin

I just swore at one of my cats that looks like a Black Panther. It didn't help, of course, but it sure felt good. They love to piss me off when I am at my most busy.

I can sit for hours doing absolutely nothing - in one of Aqua's 'dur' states - with not the slightest interference from the cats, but the moment I look busy and concentrated on something - all hell breaks loose.

"Please PLEASE pay attention to me" they all say at once ... . 

are you comparing Mr Hammers angst with other members with your nagging cat???>.

shame on you herb... all cats think when you are busy you are preparing them their treats....simple as that....

its all we think about havent you spent hours in the cat food aisle picking and choosing because you know full well they wont eat the damn stuff if it isnt what they like.....grrrrrrrrrrr....

and they do swear back believe me....

I cant sit without one sometimes two sitting on me.. a room full of chairs and its me they have to sit on..

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 8:53am

cods wrote on Sep 21st, 2016 at 7:47am:
shame on you herb... all cats think when you are busy you are preparing them their treats....simple as that....

Wrong!

With carrot-and-stick I trained my pests to KNOW that meal-times ONLY follow the ringing of a small silver bell in the kitchen. No ting-a-ling ... no food in the offing. They learnt this lesson well. I can go into the kitchen 50 times a day - and not a cat in sight, but ring the bell ... and they come running like their arses are on fire.

I'm now in the process of training my three Free Range 'rescue' hens to respond to a Pavlovian dok! dok! dok! of a couple of pieces of wood tapped together.

its all we think about havent you spent hours in the cat food aisle picking and choosing because you know full well they wont eat the damn stuff if it isnt what they like.....grrrrrrrrrrr...

codsey .. codsey ... dear o dear o dear. The cat food aisle is WHERE the No Name Brand tins of 'Tuna in Brine' are. Cheap as chips. Then you nip around the corner to the Pet Food aisle and buy those little peel-back tins which have lots of gravy in them.

So! A little tuna goes into the cat dish - topped by a little of the gravy stuff.

Then ring the silver bell and watch them come running. Never fails.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 7:07pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 21st, 2016 at 8:53am:

Wrong!

With carrot-and-stick I trained my pests to KNOW that meal-times ONLY follow the ringing of a small silver bell in the kitchen. No ting-a-ling ... no food in the offing. They learnt this lesson well. I can go into the kitchen 50 times a day - and not a cat in sight, but ring the bell ... and they come running like their arses are on fire.

I'm now in the process of training my three Free Range 'rescue' hens to respond to a Pavlovian dok! dok! dok! of a couple of pieces of wood tapped together.

its all we think about havent you spent hours in the cat food aisle picking and choosing because you know full well they wont eat the damn stuff if it isnt what they like.....grrrrrrrrrrr...

codsey .. codsey ... dear o dear o dear. The cat food aisle is WHERE the No Name Brand tins of 'Tuna in Brine' are. Cheap as chips. Then you nip around the corner to the Pet Food aisle and buy those little peel-back tins which have lots of gravy in them.

So! A little tuna goes into the cat dish - topped by a little of the gravy stuff.

Then ring the silver bell and watch them come running. Never fails.

sounds to me your cats have you well trained herb...... they probably spend their whole day in a corner with one eye open in case you drop something.....

I agree about the no name tuna I buy it from ALDI when I can be bothered going there.. its $1.99 a tin only the springwater mind...otherwise its pork and veal from woollies well it was until they decided I would have to pay for the pleasure of using one of their trolleys....go to hell woollies....what with do it yourself scanning  and now coin for the trolley I know you get it back  but when its piddling with rain... and there is no undercover parking.. they can go to hell.... so its now COles.. and if they start it will be IGA for everything....

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #37 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:13pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:15pm:
And, yes, I have to agree with SW that it is mainly the lefties here who tend to do it as a matter of course.

Gimme a break BO. We are the most relaxed easy going of the people here! You should join us.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 10:21am

Setanta wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:13pm:

Gimme a break BO. We are the most relaxed easy going of the people here! You should join us.

maybe you need to revisit your own contributions to vulgarity

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1474430683

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 11:04am

So you missed the ten pages of Pecker calling Gordon a pedophile?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 11:22am

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 11:04am:

So you missed the ten pages of Pecker calling Gordon a pedophile?

if a lefty does it its humour and not hurtful when a lib does its a Ban..not hard to work out.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #41 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 6:13pm

What F is wrong with good old Anglo Saxon words?

Chaucer used them.

Shakespeare used them, sligtly disguised: Why these be her very Cs and Us and Ts wherewith she makes great Ps (or something like that.)

We are people, we are from the earth and return to the earth, why not use earthy expressions? Why are females supposed to act as if they are from heaven?

What I hate is the violence in so many posts from the rightards everywhere, logic is lacking and is replaced by violence, by abuse.

On my board my position is: I am not your mother and so am not going to control your language.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #42 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 9:12pm

Wow, no comeback?????

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 10:04pm

Gee Cods, you hate vulgarity, i hate stupidity.  which is the worst?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 8:30am

Jovial Monk wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 6:13pm:
What F is wrong with good old Anglo Saxon words?

Chaucer used them.

Shakespeare used them, sligtly disguised: Why these be her very Cs and Us and Ts wherewith she makes great Ps (or something like that.)

We are people, we are from the earth and return to the earth, why not use earthy expressions? Why are females supposed to act as if they are from heaven?

What I hate is the violence in so many posts from the rightards everywhere, logic is lacking and is replaced by violence, by abuse.

On my board my position is: I am not your mother and so am not going to control your language.

JN, i think we're in agreement.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print