Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: RACISM!!
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:27pm

Who talks about a childrens'  book's school?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:35pm

They may have changed your link. Otherwise I'm confused.

'
'People here DON'T want to talk about Hogwarts!' American fashion PR living in London pens a bizarre - and lengthy - list of Britain's most 'peculiar' quirks'

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:46pm

Why would an American want to talk about Hogwarts? Isn't Harry Potter the American's version of the Satanic bible?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 4:01pm

dunno about you herb but I quite like Quirky ,I do think as a visitor when you are going to point out faults you could at least chuck in a couple of plusses... the yanks for starters go made for the Brits Royalty..sounds like she didnt get an invite to the Queens Garden party.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 8:07pm

cods wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 4:01pm:
dunno about you herb but I quite like Quirky ,I do think as a visitor when you are going to point out faults you could at least chuck in a couple of plusses... the yanks for starters go made for the Brits Royalty..sounds like she didnt get an invite to the Queens Garden party.

I find it interesting when visitors give an honest opinion about the country they've visited.

One thing that stands out between Australia and any city or town in the UK is that whereas here in Australia the main shopping streets have awnings hanging over the pavements to protect against the sun, the UK has no overhanging awnings to keep the pedestrians under cover from the rain.

link

"    Dad was in the US Navy and we moved from Cuba to England, that in and of itself was shocking. Spent my first year living in Bury St. Edmunds and took a bus from there to Feltwell for school. First off, they used coaches instead of the standard American school bus. Second, I could go get a Shandy and look at the Page 3 girl before I got on my bus. 13 year old me smacking loved living in England.

Quote:
    My most favorite memory is there was a sign leaving Scotland that said "don't throw your trash here, throw it in England." Then when you got over the border there was a bunch of trash on the ground".

Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2016 at 8:19pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print