Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Welcome to the stone age abdul (Read 1641 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Welcome to the stone age abdul
Sep 15th, 2016 at 4:06pm

A bloody stupid law that allowed scumbag rag heads to live. Let the RAAF do its job of killing sh1t head terrorists and their supporters without some grub lawyer back in Australia looking to score.

Relaxation of targeting rules for the RAAF in Iraq and Syria means it can strike more Islamic State targets, with fewer combat aircraft returning to base with bombs on their racks.
RAAF Chief Air Marshal Leo Davies said it also also reduces the time taken to satisfy all rules of engagement requirements for conducting air strikes in Iraq or Syria.
"We have already seen a change. What it means is that our ability to have an effect has been made easier," he told reporters in Canberra on Thursday.
A fortnight ago, the government announced it would amend Australian criminal law which previously only permitted targeting of those directly engaged in combat.
The change, which applied immediately, allows the RAAF to hit a wider range of IS targets in missions over Iraq and Syria, including support units, financiers and propagandists.
Air Marshal Davies said there was still a rigorous targeting process to ensure civilians were not harmed.
"We haven't changed the number of sorties we do. We have changed the effect we are able to have by each sortie," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/rules-change-means-more-bombs-on-i...

gunnies.jpg (49 KB | 57 )
gunnies.jpg

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Welcome to the stone age abdul
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:45pm

Too late.... what are you trying to do?  Promote them into the 3rd Century or something?

It's like the idea mooted in a country town where I used to live - to make the speed limit in the main drag 50 kph - the general consensus was that it was wrong to make people drive faster...... centre parking and all that.... brrrrrrrr....

Nothing like a free fire zone where all unexpended ordnance can be dumped at will....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 3:02am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:45pm:
Too late.... what are you trying to do?  Promote them into the 3rd Century or something?

I was about to say the same kind of thing. It's like giving a starving African a bucket of fried chicken and then going "Haha! Now you're going to get fat!".

Stones are all I see in Syrian cities reported by the news. I kind of wonder how they can sink any further in development. And I doubt that the city of Aleppo was all that schmick before the bombings began.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 3:05pm

It's like the idea mooted in a country town where I used to live - to make the speed limit in the main drag 50 kph - the general consensus was that it was wrong to make people drive faster...... centre parking and all that.... brrrrrrrr....

Nothing like a free fire zone where all unexpended ordnance can be dumped at will....

Yes, that worked really well in Indo-china didn't it?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 1:37am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 3:05pm:

Yeah - but they had a serious jungle and hopeless terrain to hide in, and the Yanks (for one) had this terrible propensity to send in the troops to find them in a narrow valley, and THEN BTSOOT* (why not BTSOOT first and then send int the troops to see if there were remains?) .. nowadays Uncle Sam is more careful with his troops ... Abdul is kinda out in the open a lot... Free Fire the lot and then don't bother to put in ground troops to take the hits.... pick up the dregs as they stagger out....

Different ball game.....

*Bomb The Shiit Out Of Them

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 4:51pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 1:37am:

Yeah - but they had a serious jungle and hopeless terrain to hide in, and the Yanks (for one) had this terrible propensity to send in the troops to find them in a narrow valley, and THEN BTSOOT* (why not BTSOOT first and then send int the troops to see if there were remains?) .. nowadays Uncle Sam is more careful with his troops ... Abdul is kinda out in the open a lot... Free Fire the lot and then don't bother to put in ground troops to take the hits.... pick up the dregs as they stagger out....

Different ball game.....

Typical weekend warrior bullshit.  Didn't work in Vietnam and didn't work anywhere else it's been tried.  The bad guys go to ground, disappear into the gullies and hide.  Those that are killed, just create more reason for the survivors and their kin to become bad guys.

Until you address the underlying reasons, primarily political, as to why these bad guys become bad guys in the first place all you're doing is providing employment for the munitions industry in your homeland.   You're also providing explosives to that bad guys once they work out how to defuse and to melt it out of your bombs.  Guess who they then use the HE against?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 4:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 4:51pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 1:37am:

Different ball game.....

Typical weekend warrior bullshit.  Didn't work in Vietnam and didn't work anywhere else it's been tried.  The bad guys go to ground, disappear into the gullies and hide.  Those that are killed, just create more reason for the survivors and their kin to become bad guys.

Until you address the underlying reasons, primarily political, as to why these bad guys become bad guys in the first place all you're doing is providing employment for the munitions industry in your homeland.   You're also providing explosives to that bad guys once they work out how to defuse and to melt it out of your bombs.  Guess who they then use the HE against?    Roll Eyes

It did work against the germans (the second time) and the japs, but.

It didn't work against and it will never work unless you implement a policy of total war, as with korea, viet nam and currently in the ME, none reached resolution.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 5:29pm

BigOl64 wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 4:57pm:
It did work against the germans (the second time) and the japs, but.

No one knows how to make war like the British and Americans, hey?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
It didn't work against and it will never work unless you implement a policy of total war, as with korea, viet nam and currently in the ME, none reached resolution.

Korea and Vietnam were resolved.  The Koreans control Korea, the Vietnamese control Vietnam.  Took some fighting to achieve it though.  Would have been much easier to have not had to do that, don't you think?

There are no international wars in the Middle East at the moment, Israel exists and continues to exist, therefore I think it's been pretty well resolved there.   Neither Iraq or Afghanistan are in the Middle East, except in the Geographically illiterates' minds.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print