Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A.C.T. Election round the corner (Read 8955 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: A.C.T. Election round the corner
Reply #30 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:14am

Neferti wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:00pm:
Woollies has had the "disk" (which they handed out to all and sundry) or $1 or $2 coin to use a trolley for 3-4 years?

You can't just leave the trolley wherever, but there are (usually) areas that you can leave them ....

I know some people who order their groceries from Woollies online, you can then either have them delivered (for a fee) or collect them at the local Woollies ....... haven't tried either, yet.  Grin

nup they have lost me.. what with the queues of people trying to serve themselves....for no reward one or two checkouts working usually with 8 in the middle that are closed....go in at certain times and shelves almost empty...and now this.. no thanks they are treating me like I am a burden they dont need my business simple as that...

its time we consumers demanded a bit back.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #31 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 8:16am

Pre-poll voting begins tomorrow, 27 September.

Belconnen
Belconnen Community Centre

Canberra City
Pilgrim House, 69 Northbourne Avenue
Eclipse House, 197 London Circuit

Gungahlin
Gungahlin Library, Hibberson Street

Tuggeranong
Salvation Army Hall, Cnr Anketell St and Reed St North

Woden/Phillip
Callam Offices, 58 Easty St

These Centres open:

. from 9am to 5pm each weekday, except the public holiday, Monday 3 October.

. from 9am to 5pm on Saturday 8 October, and

. from 9am to 8pm on Friday 14 October.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 2:51pm

thank you nef..

I am waiting for this labor/green govt to declare Voting Day a public holiday..a little bribe you understand.. and I believe we Canberrarians deserve it.... dont you? Wink Wink

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #33 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:24pm

cods wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 2:51pm:
thank you nef..

I am waiting for this labor/green govt to declare Voting Day a public holiday..a little bribe you understand.. and I believe we Canberrans deserve it.... dont you? Wink Wink

Everybody, except the rusted on Lefties, think it is TIME we had a change of ACT Government to the Liberals.

It WAS a Hung Parliament last time and the ONLY reason that the ALP got back in was because of that Green idiot who went LEFT as the Greens always do.

I only just realised that it was a Public Holiday today.  What's is this Family and Community Day that Canberra has as a Public Holiday? 

Another Long Weekend next weekend as well (clock fiddling time)...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:06pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:24pm:
cods wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 2:51pm:
thank you nef..

I am waiting for this labor/green govt to declare Voting Day a public holiday..a little bribe you understand.. and I believe we Canberrans deserve it.... dont you? Wink Wink

Everybody, except the rusted on Lefties, think it is TIME we had a change of ACT Government to the Liberals.

It WAS a Hung Parliament last time and the ONLY reason that the ALP got back in was because of that Green idiot who went LEFT as the Greens always do.

I only just realised that it was a Public Holiday today.  What's is this Family and Community Day that Canberra has as a Public Holiday? 

Another Long Weekend next weekend as well (clock fiddling time)...

oh thats been around for a couple of years now nef...two long weekends in a row.....and I am thinking any old excuse for another one...if Vic can have one for the grand final why not us Canberrans have it for our very own election day....that would be 3 in a row this year not bad....labor are very good at drumming up public holidays...I take it you are not voting for them.. Wink Wink..

when oh when will the people see through the greens... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #35 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 8:02pm

Cods,

I think it is TIME we had a change of "government" in Canberra.  I'll be voting Liberal.  Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 9:15am

oh its time alright.....but not sure yet if I will vote...I am total disillusioned in politics right now...cant see much right with any of them....we have far too many individuals doing the running... I dont like it...

now if that public holiday is announced...who knows..  Wink Wink

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #37 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:24am

Neferti wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 8:02pm:
Cods,

I think it is TIME we had a change of "government" in Canberra.  I'll be voting Liberal.  Wink

I won't, essentially on the light rail issue.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #38 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:30am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:24am:
Cods,

So you think light rail is a good idea?

Why?

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:08am

Redmond Neck wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:30am:
Cods,

Why?

I dont... they have never made the buses pay for themselves why should this be any different..

and as a rate payer its not even in my part of town..so why should I keep the bloody thing....I dont know about you guys

but Canberra isnt like other towns.. for instance the bike tracks those green bloody lines everywhere...

how often do you see them used??????????..

its the same with bike and bus how often do you see bikes on the back of buses.....???

we like our cars... simple as that...can you see any Embassies embracing our buses and trams...park and drive....no if not why should we...

I wonder if Mr Barr plans on selling his car and only using light rail fromthe day the ribbon is cut... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I would like to see that.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #40 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:11am

Redmond Neck wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 10:30am:
Cods,

Why?

Yes? Why? Because one of the reasons why the buses dont work is the whole design of the system. E.g cods says they cant make it work, why? Becuase essentially they are slow, dont come when you want them to outside peak hours.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:13am

cods wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:08am:
[quote author=Redneck link=1473919074/38#38 date=1474936256]

how often do you see them used??????????..

its the same with bike and bus how often do you see bikes on the back of buses.....???

we like our cars... simple as that...can you see any Embassies embracing our buses and trams...park and drive....no if not why should we...

Do you even live in the same Canberra?

The green bike lines down Northbourne during peak hour are out of control with cyclists.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #42 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:15am

cods wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:08am:
and as a rate payer its not even in my part of town..so why should I keep the bloody thing....I dont know about you guys

Dumbest argument ever. Therefore nothing south of the lake should be kept, because I don't use anything there. Your garbage collection gone, cods, cause I don't use it. Gravel road out the front of your place, cause I don't use it. TCH? Gone cause I dont use it.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #43 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:31am

I read somewhere that they are going to put a roof over the bike tracks so that the bike riders don't get wet.  Grin Grin Grin

Building "extra" hospitals is pretty silly as well.

I get a good giggle when looking at the Canberry Times .... every day there is something more "free" from both sides. Do they really think us Canberrans are stupid? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #44 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:33am

Neferti wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:31am:
I read somewhere that they are going to put a roof over the bike tracks so that the bike riders don't get wet.  Grin Grin Grin

Building "extra" hospitals is pretty silly as well.

I get a good giggle when looking at the Canberry Times .... every day there is something more "free" from both sides. Do they really think us Canberrans are stupid? Roll Eyes

I get the need for hospitals, but if so why do we have another hospital going up in Belconnen barely 3 kms from a big hospital already

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print