Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Time to cut loose from SEQ (Read 4708 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Time to cut loose from SEQ
Reply #30 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 11:13pm

Can be quite a varying weather region, Rockhampton. We are at our pleasant part of the year, being our short-term spring. Soon, we should be getting our thunderstorms, and occasional heavy rain days. We had a cool winter, but by no means cold. I figure we will get a really hot summer this year.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Time to cut loose from SEQ
Reply #31 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 10:04am

Aussie wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 9:54pm:
Spent some years early in my professional days there in Rocky.  Played First Grade cricket for Frenchville.  Kept wickets for the Rocky Rep side (silly selectors even made me Vice Captain after being on the scene for only a nano second.....that was dumb and I never ever found out why) which then had some very very good bowlers like George Brabon, now deceased, including a couple of other Sheffield Shield blokes.  Still.......while Rocky was kind to me, it was very hot and it was very cold.  At the centre bottom of the Berseker Rannrge saucepan.

I doubt you'd get a Bundabergian to agree they are of North Qld.

If given the option to stop being screwed over by SEQ, would they take it, or stay with SEQ?

I really don't mind if Central Queensland chooses to stay with the SE Corner and reap the benefits of continuing to get fkk all.

But we of the north need to become independent or we will die from a lack of infrastructure funding that gets send on bullshit in SEQ instead of the rest of QLD.

The unemployment figures are a damning indictment of the so called Queensland government and who they look after first and only.  Angry Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print