Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Scott Ryan and Deborah O'Neill - senate thieves (Read 32223 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Ryan and O'Neill - senate thieves
Reply #15 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 12:51pm

freediver wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 12:30pm:
I have written to them about this. They have three years to give back what they stole. I suggest you write to them too. Invite them to respond to the accusations. Hopefully by 2019 they are more widely known as the Senate thieves.

did you give back to Eddie  MABO what you stole from him

bet you didnt.

how can anyone steal something if they are elected????..

unless of course they smashed someones shins with a baseball bat.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 12:52pm

freediver wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 12:48pm:
This is the only thread dedicated to the thievery of Scott Ryan and Deborah O'Neill

are they senators or not!..otherwise you are doing what aussie does...

splitting hairs when it suits him.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 12:56pm

Quote:
did you give back to Eddie  MABO what you stole from him

I stole nothing from Eddie. Scott Ryan and Deborah O'Neill stole Senate seats from Lee Rhiannon and Derryn Hinch, with the help of Labor and the Coalition.

Quote:
how can anyone steal something if they are elected????

They have no leigitimate claim to the 6 year Senate terms they were "elected" to.

Quote:
unless of course they smashed someones shins with a baseball bat

There are other ways to steal Cods.

Quote:
are they senators or not!

They are Senators.

Quote:
otherwise you are doing what aussie does...
splitting hairs when it suits him

You will have to explain this one cods. The difference is the outcome of the election. The difference will probably have legislative consequences. That means different laws because Ryan and O'Neill took what does not belong to them. The difference is the abandonment of an important electoral reform that previously had the full support of Labor and the Coalition.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 1:13pm

Bam wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 12:42pm:
I have written to them about this. They have three years to give back what they stole. I suggest you write to them too. Invite them to respond to the accusations. Hopefully by 2019 they are more widely known as the Senate thieves.

I think it would be better if Hinch and Rhiannon encouraged a protest vote at the next election. I do not have any particular voting fidelity in the Senate and I will vote tactically. I have already decided to give Hinch my first preference at the next Senate election as a protest. Other Victorians should do the same.

So your intention is to vote against what is best, but so it serves your political tactics?  it is people like you that make people want First past the post.

FD seems to have this massive problem with senate election rules. Withe the possible exception of Hanson, I cannot think of two LESS WORTHY senators than Hinch and Rhiannon. Neither should even be in the house.

FD... WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? the previous system of basically first 6 elected gets 6 year terms seems quite fair to me. Besides, Hinch will either be dead from alcoholism or in jail by 2019.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Scott Ryan and Deborah O'Neill - senate thieves
Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 1:29pm

Quote:
FD seems to have this massive problem with senate election rules.

I support them. Especially the rules established in 1998 and 2010.

Quote:
I cannot think of two LESS WORTHY senators than Hinch and Rhiannon. Neither should even be in the house.

I keep asking you the same question Longy. You keep ignoring it. Do you think there is a bit more to this than which candidates you personally prefer?

Quote:
FD... WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Broken promises, stolen senate seats, and a media asleep at the wheel. Have I not been clear on this Longy? Would you like me to explain it again?

Quote:
the previous system of basically first 6 elected gets 6 year terms seems quite fair to me

It is not the worst possible option. Were it not for the recount method, I would go so far as to say it is the fairest method available.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 1:35pm

freediver wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 1:29pm:
Quote:
FD seems to have this massive problem with senate election rules.

I support them. Especially the rules established in 1998 and 2010.

Quote:
I cannot think of two LESS WORTHY senators than Hinch and Rhiannon. Neither should even be in the house.

I keep asking you the same question Longy. You keep ignoring it. Do you think there is a bit more to this than which candidates you personally prefer?

Quote:
FD... WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Broken promises, stolen senate seats, and a media asleep at the wheel. Have I not been clear on this Longy? Would you like me to explain it again?

Quote:
the previous system of basically first 6 elected gets 6 year terms seems quite fair to me

It is not the worst possible option. Were it not for the recount method, I would go so far as to say it is the fairest method available.

No, you support the rule options that YOU like. I see nothing at all wrong with the first 6 elected getting 6 year terms. It seems quite fair and reasonable. You dont see other senators having a hissy fit about it. If they are at all good at their jobs they will be re-elected. If not, we simply hasten their departure.

Your 'media asleep' claim has been slaughtered by Gandalf so I wont  repeat his excellent work.

You have but ONE problem. YOU think it is a massive issue, but absolutely no one else in the entire country agrees. In a DD half the senators will end up with 3 year terms. They all stood for election knowing that.

NO ONE CARES - except you.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #21 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 1:53pm

longweekend58 wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 1:13pm:
Bam wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 12:42pm:

I think it would be better if Hinch and Rhiannon encouraged a protest vote at the next election. I do not have any particular voting fidelity in the Senate and I will vote tactically. I have already decided to give Hinch my first preference at the next Senate election as a protest. Other Victorians should do the same.

So your intention is to vote against what is best, but so it serves your political tactics?  it is people like you that make people want First past the post.

FD seems to have this massive problem with senate election rules. Withe the possible exception of Hanson, I cannot think of two LESS WORTHY senators than Hinch and Rhiannon. Neither should even be in the house.

FD... WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? the previous system of basically first 6 elected gets 6 year terms seems quite fair to me. Besides, Hinch will either be dead from alcoholism or in jail by 2019.

I think that Rhiannon has been pretty good, will probably end up agreeing about Hinch but we will see over the next 3 years, it isn't really about the individuals but about the honesty and integrity of the process.

I never supported Hanson either but I hated what they done to her.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 2:43pm

Quote:
No, you support the rule options that YOU like.

Great insight there Longy. Got any other litle gems for us?

Quote:
I see nothing at all wrong with the first 6 elected getting 6 year terms.

What about broken promises? What about the two senate resolutions? What about knowing what rules are going to apply?

Quote:
It seems quite fair and reasonable.

Did you read my previous response to this? If you did, you do not appear to have comprehended.

Quote:
You dont see other senators having a hissy fit about it.

You mean all those Labor and Liberal Senators who voted to break their promise? You are right. They are being remarkably tight-lipped about it, wouldn't you say Longy?

Quote:
Your 'media asleep' claim has been slaughtered by Gandalf so I wont  repeat his excellent work.

No it hasn't. You are as confused as he is. You always are on issues of electoral reform.

Quote:
You have but ONE problem. YOU think it is a massive issue, but absolutely no one else in the entire country agrees.

Ah, I see you have decided to share in Aussie's confusion. First Gandalf. Then Aussie. What next, you will post Unforgiven's dead horse?

Would you like me to point out the people who disagree, one by one? Or will you concede upfront that your tongue was a few steps ahead of your brain?

Quote:
In a DD half the senators will end up with 3 year terms. They all stood for election knowing that.

They all stood for election knowing that the recount method would be used to allocate six year terms. Labor and the Coalition changed the rules after people voted. Do you think that is fair Longy?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 4:56pm

Quote:
Ah, I see you have decided to share in Aussie's confusion. First Gandalf. Then Aussie. What next, you will post Unforgiven's dead horse?

Far cough!  Credit where it is due, Elde Fruit.  I was first Cab off that rank!

Quote:
]Would you like me to point out the people who disagree, one by one? Or will you concede upfront that your tongue was a few steps ahead of your brain?

You go right ahead and do that.  Name names.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:25pm

im

You will have to explain this one cods. The difference is the outcome of the election. The difference will probably have legislative consequences. That means different laws because Ryan and O'Neill took what does not belong to them. The difference is the abandonment of an important electoral reform that previously had the full support of Labor and the Coalition.

aussie manages to put a twist into something when he is accused of breaking his own rules..

just like you have.... I guess they are not senators then.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

as for you being upset about a broken promise... what a hoot that one is...

the senate is now the control room....for the country and you are worried about a greenie who is also a communist and a Jew hating racist...... go figure.. Cheesy

btw the aborigines think all land belongs to them....especially up in Qld....so yes you did steal their land unless you have given it back of course like you expect Ryan and O'Neil to do....its symbolic after all...

you are upset ozpol members are not falling over themselves to write to these people hilarious....

I dont think they give a stuff about what seems to be top of your worry list..

as for Ms Rhiannon.    she worries me more than anyone and it will be good riddance as far as I am concerned.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:41pm

Quote:
Far cough!  Credit where it is due, Elde Fruit.  I was first Cab off that rank!

I meant no disrespect Aussie. I meant that Longy followed Gandalf's lead first, before trotting out your old line that I am the only one who cares. I am anticipating him following unforgiven's lead soon. Who knows, maybe he will come up with something original.

This is an aweful lot of discussion for a topic that no-one cares about, don't you think? I'm sure it will all be over by 2019, so long as I get my way.

Quote:
You go right ahead and do that.  Name names.

We already went down this path in another thread Aussie. Have you forgotten already? Here is one: Derryn Hinch. Do I need to lead you by the nose now?

Quote:
just like you have.... I guess they are not senators then..

Like I said cods, they are senators.

Quote:
as for you being upset about a broken promise... what a hoot that one is...

Broken promises, stolen senate seats, altered legislation, and destroyed electoral reform. Plus all the consequences we cannot forsee. Maybe we will have a referendum we never needed to have.

Quote:
the senate is now the control room....for the country and you are worried about a greenie who is also a communist and a Jew hating racist...... go figure..

I am worried about democracy. As I keep telling Longy, there is more to this than your opinion of the candidates involved.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:43pm

Quote:
Here is one: Derryn Hinch.

You were going to name names, not
a
name.  Cat got your keyboard?

Quote:
This is an aweful lot of discussion for a topic that no-one cares about, don't you think?

The discussion seems more about 'who cares' than anything else.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:43pm

freediver wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:41pm:
I am worried about democracy. As I keep telling Longy, there is more to this than your opinion of the candidates involved

is that the same DEMOCRACY we have in feedback fd??

just makin sure.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:57pm

Quote:
You were going to name names, not a name.  Cat got your keyboard?

Freediver and Derrying Hinch. We got a lot further a lot faster last time we played this game Aussie. Have you really forgotten already?

Quote:

Feedback is not a democracy cods.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 6:04pm

freediver wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:57pm:
Quote:
You were going to name names, not a name.  Cat got your keyboard?

Freediver and Derrying Hinch. We got a lot further a lot faster last time we played this game Aussie. Have you really forgotten already?

Quote:

Feedback is not a democracy cods.

No, I haven't.  What you have here is people telling you that no-one cares.  Implicitly, you were going to rip out a torrent of names who supported you, and you whimped up with two.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print