Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Queensland on the skids. Infection possible (Read 346 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Queensland on the skids. Infection possible
Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:00pm

Could a wave of bankruptcies in Queensland infect other states, particularly neighbor NSW with a financial pox?

Are the dominoes falling? Who will ride to the rescue of the punters?

WA and SA are already suffering economic malaise.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/hundreds-of-qld-constr...

Quote:
SOUTHEAST Queensland’s construction industry is on the brink of implosion, a new report has warned, with more than 400 businesses tipped to hit the wall in the next 12 months.

The construction hotspot of the Gold Coast is tipped to suffer most, the August 2016 Commercial Risk Outlook Report by insolvency experts SV Partners predicted, with more than 600 businesses on the state’s Glitter Strip facing potential financial ruin in the next year.

Brisbane City — currently in the midst of an apartment construction boom that is tipped to stall this year, as thousands of new dwellings flood the market and supply outstrips demand — is also tipped to take a big building industry hit.

The analysts said more than 300 businesses in inner Brisbane alone are at high risk of going under in the next year.

The report paints a dire picture for the Queensland economy, with the professional services and retail sectors also due to take a big economic hit.

It predicts as many as 3223 businesses across the state will face financial difficulty.

The predictions come as another report, released by the Property Council of Australia, shows office vacancy rates in Brisbane have soared to nearly 17 per cent, a level not seen since the economic recession of the early 1990s.

SV Partners Commercial Risk Outlook Report estimates that nationally, 2600 businesses are at risk of folding in the next 12 months, meaning almost one-fifth of them are in Queensland construction.
The Gold Coast region has the highest number of businesses (652) facing serious financial difficulties over the next 12 months,” it said.

“According to the Commercial Risk data, this is an area of concern nationally given the number of business facing financial difficulties.

“The Gold Coast region is followed by Brisbane City and Logan — Beaudesert.
“The area of Logan — Beaudesert has the highest level of businesses (1.7%) facing financial difficulties over the next 12 months in proportion to the number of businesses in the area.”
The report came as the Courier-Mail revealed two builders based in Logan, south of Brisbane, have gone under in the past month.

Gary Deane Constructions collapsed owing creditors an estimated $13 million while DJ Builders & Son owes about $2 million.

Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland advocacy director Nick Behrens told the newspaper the report did not come as a surprise, “given the difficulties evident in Queensland’s domestic economy.”

The state’s once-powerful mining sector has plummeted in recent years.
Mr Behrens said in the latest Reserve Bank of Australia data, Queensland’s economic growth had plunged to the bottom tier of state economies, below South Australia and Tasmania.
It joins one-time mining powerhouse Western Australia in the bottom tier.

The capital cities of both states, Brisbane and Perth, were also the only ones where office vacancy rates increased, according to the latest Property Council of Australia’s Office Market Report.
The rise in Brisbane’s vacancy rate from 14.9 per cent to the record high of 16.9 per cent in the six months until July was described as “unexpected”.

The PCA’s Queensland executive director Chris Mountford said with construction of the Queensland Government’s new executive building, 1 William Street, also expected to be completed this year, the figure is expected to rise again.

However, he said given 115,000 square metres had opened in the Brisbane CBD in the first six months of the year, the office market had shown resilience.

“While the recent supply additions had a negative impact on the headline vacancy rate, there is positive news for Brisbane, with net demand for CBD space reaching five times it historical average over the same period,” he said.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:31pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Queensland on the skids. Infection possible
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:14pm

What do you expect when you get a parliamentary quota Tuck-shop Lady running your state.

Friggen useless moll

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:44pm

BigOl64 wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:14pm:
What do you expect when you get a parliamentary quota Tuck-shop Lady running your state.

Friggen useless moll

Could it possibly be bad management by the prospectively insolvent companies who sucked on the cheap debt money teat too often until their belly burst?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:51pm

Houses are still being built hand over fist on the Fraser Coast ....

the Gold Coast???? who gives a ferk?

Most of the bankruptcies are caused by stinking banks lending to business projects doomed to failure.

This is not a state issue ..............

it's a creeping malaise affecting the whole country.

The LNP will fix it by continuing to sell off the country & it's assets to the Chinese.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:08pm

Friggen useless moll

and yet i BET YOU CANNOT NAME A SINGLE POLICY SHE IMPLEMENTED THAT MAY HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE OF IT  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:54pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:51pm:

Most of the bankruptcies are caused by stinking banks lending to business projects doomed to failure.

The LNP will fix it by continuing to sell off the country & it's assets to the Chinese.

How much are the rates on Fraser coast?

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 2:05pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:08pm:

Friggen useless moll

and yet i BET YOU CANNOT NAME A SINGLE POLICY SHE IMPLEMENTED THAT MAY HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE OF IT  Cheesy Cheesy

It is her lack of policy action and focus on low hanging fruit to make it look like she knows what the fkk she is doing that is the problem.

She, like her predecessors is a do nothing labor hack.

Check you caps lock too.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 3:31pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 2:05pm:

Friggen useless moll

It is her lack of policy action and focus on low hanging fruit to make it look like she knows what the fkk she is doing that is the problem.

Check you caps lock too.

yeah right ... typical retard, it had nothing at all to do with Newman or abbott scaring away the investors, right? the libs who put all their eggs in the mining basket suddenly cry it's everyone else's fault  Cheesy Cheesy

Billions of dollars in investment in renewables walked out the door as soon as Abbott won govt.  ... i know, lets blame labor

I saw the caps lock was on, but you weren't worth the effort of retyping it

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 4:46pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 3:31pm:

Friggen useless moll

Check you caps lock too.

yeah right ... typical retard, it had nothing at all to do with Newman or abbott scaring away the investors, right? the libs who put all their eggs in the mining basket suddenly cry it's everyone else's fault  Cheesy Cheesy

Billions of dollars in investment in renewables walked out the door as soon as Abbott won govt.  ... i know, lets blame labor

That mining boom was in full swing under labor and dead in the water by the time newman got in, so if anyone wasted the opportunities it was labor wouldn't you say.

I have no idea why you are talking about abbott he's a federal wanker not state.

I doubt you are even a friggen blow-in Queenslander, because you seem to know less than fkk all about this place.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 4:57pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 4:46pm:
I have no idea why you are talking about abbott he's a federal wanker not state.

and federal policy has no effect on investment does it  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 5:59pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:54pm:
Gnads wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:51pm:

How much are the rates on Fraser coast?

I bet they're dearer than yours ... nearly $3,000

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 6:03pm

BigOl64 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 4:46pm:
John Smith wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 3:31pm:

Friggen useless moll

Check you caps lock too.

That mining boom was in full swing under labor and dead in the water by the time newman got in, so if anyone wasted the opportunities it was labor wouldn't you say.

I doubt you are even a friggen blow-in Queenslander, because you seem to know less than fkk all about this place.  Grin Grin Grin

Must be on a par with you.

And no the mining boom wasn't dead by the time Newman got in ... far from it.

How about a little truth .... and by that I don't mean the "very little" truth you're espousing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print