Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Health Minister Skinner - still Refusing to Resign (Read 7033 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Health Minister Skinner - still Refusing to Resign
Reply #30 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 7:03am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 4th, 2016 at 2:43pm:
Okay ... She's 72, and I think it's only fair that a younger person should be given a chance to take over the reins.

BUT!!

Will you agree that every second screw-up in the hospital system should see a change of minister?  Cool

Who are the people pulling money out of health that are the real cause of these incidents ?

Yes the state and federal ministers do deserve the blame or at least most of it.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 9:27am

stiff up after stuff up and she still refuses to go.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 2:46pm

The latest rumor I heard on TV is that Frau Skinner of Belsen will be included in Reichmarshal Baird's reshuffle next year, hopefully early next year. Let's all pray that Frau Skinner and her Reich sister Frau Goward are not placed in any portfolio relating to the politics of peoples' physical or mental health ever again

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 8:40pm

I'm typing all this because there's no link that I can find, however it is from an article by Rose Brennan - Health Reporter in today's printed Daily Telegraph. Auditor General's Report 2015-2016

Our Sick State of Health

Report reveals too many dying in hospitals due to bungled procedures

The State's (NSW) Auditor General's Health Report 2015-2016 reveals ...

50 patients died or had to undergo extra surgery due to bungles

47 "sentinel events" in 2015-2016 led to death or serious harm

20 instances of medical instruments or other material retained in a patient after surgery

15 people suicided while inpatients

6 women died during pregnancy, childbirth or within six weeks of birth

3 people were killed by incorrect administration of drugs

Massive Overtime Payments Being Earned by Doctors Also Revealed

North Sydney registrar raked in $201,804 in overtime on top of a base salary of $115,543

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 16th, 2016 at 4:53pm

"Please, I beg you, check your elderly people. If they say something to you, listen to them." - ABC News

South African-born nurse receives 36 year jail sentence - Well done Libs and Labs, you let her in, you trusted her, she murdered two defenseless nursing home patients

Marie Darragh, 82, and Isabella Spencer, 77, were murdered by Haines, who gave them a lethal injection of insulin as they slept in their beds at St Andrews Village nursing home in Ballina in May 2014.

The women were two of three people who had reported Haines for her rude remarks, rough treatment and unwillingness to help. .... and still Haines wasn't sacked!

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/megan-haines-jailed-for-27-years-for-murdering-patient...

IP Logged

METALERTHRAX

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 7:28pm

YES!!! She does need to resign. Are we going to go through a Royal Commission as well when she is Fired/Resigns?!

I mean there is almost a Royal Commission for everything in government.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 2:57pm

A case of both doctor and hospital negligence - NSW
Date:Nov 14, 2016
https://www.gerardmaloufpartners.com.au/DailyLegalNews/6046244-A-case-of-both-do...

"The case involved a patient who died a gruesome death after a surgery in December 2008. The cause (it was later discovered) was due to some procedure suture material getting wrapped around the patient's bowels which later caused an infection. Eventually she developed pneumonia and then died of cardiac arrest."

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 3:07pm

This ends one of the worst chapters in NSW's Healthcare history, thank heavens for that. It's not about Liberal or Labor politics with me, it was always about a ridiculous bloated ego that had no time for hospital protocols and explicit principles of patient care, all documented Healthcare principles, but Skinner absolutely failed to understand them, if she even read them

A Health Minister is responsible for ensuring that everyone understands what a hospital is all about - PATIENT CARE, but once that is lost, hospitals become what they did under Skinner, slaughter houses, the buck stopped with her. Don't think for one minute that the few reported cases in the news were the only cases of ill treatment, when the defective ball starts rolling because of a ineffective and egotistical UTube Minister, the ball just keeps rolling, damaging everything in it's path for their whole tenure. I would ask everyone to dismiss Skinner's self professed legacy:

“significant reforms within the NSW health system – from culture and management to hospital performance"

and

Most importantly, I have always believed in putting the patient first in everything we do,”

Ok so why did we have this in the news? ...

Skinner has been under pressure to resign since last year after a series of controversies.
   <-------- not the only mishaps, many unreported you hear about by word of mouth

I don't only post on message boards, I've been active touring hospitals and corresponding with officials. I saw very few hospital staff who took their job seriously. I saw teenage staff who were in positions that required "people" and "communication" skills, fail miserably. I've seen doctors who wouldn't know a patient from a cow. I've seen the disgusting lack of remorse from staff when a patient was killed due to over-use of opiates and starved of food (my mother). I've seen abuses by staff towards patients when I myself was a patient, sexual molestation among them. I've seen female staff who were obviously housewives in need of a job, but the fact they worked in a hospital didn't seem to dawn on them, money seemed to be more important

Only one public hospital I visited could be described as a "Caring" hospital, not a big hospital, but a well managed one, with polite staff who gave due consideration to their patients   

Let's all hope that the new Premier selects a human being for Minister this time around, it's imperative that patients come first, but Skinner lied about that and now she's gone, we can breath a sigh of relief. I hope NSW never has a self indulging and disinterested minister like her again

NSW health minister Jillian Skinner announces retirement from politics

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jan/27/nsw-health-minister-jilli...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print