Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Chair restraints/spit hoods (Read 806 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Chair restraints/spit hoods
Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:52am

Link.

I don't get this.  What is the problem with using the hoods when some idiot has a habit of spitting on people?  If they are in some temper and likely destructive, what is the issue with them being restrained in that chair?

Sounds like reasonable 'force' to me.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Chair restraints/spit hoods
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:00am

Aussie wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:52am:
Link.

I don't get this.  What is the problem with using the hoods when some idiot has a habit of spitting on people?  If they are in some temper and likely destructive, what is the issue with them being restrained in that chair?

First step to Australia's Abu Ghraib. What's wrong with connecting electric wires to them after spit hood.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:03am

The difference between that and this is obvious and is a sufficient explanation.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:04am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:00am:
Link.

First step to Australia's Abu Ghraib. What's wrong with connecting electric wires to them after spit hood.

http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/bild/1.462963.1357537482/640x360/fuenf-jahre-abu-...

Shouldn't we put out energy into preventing kids from getting into an institution where spit hoods are required?

BTW, where can I get a spit hood for my mother in-law? She always gives you the news and the weather.

IBI

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:24am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:00am:
Link.

http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/bild/1.462963.1357537482/640x360/fuenf-jahre-abu-...

Yeah, you're totally on the ball.   Angry

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:29am

spit hoods are unnecessary with the right equipment

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:16am

Aussie wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:03am:
The difference between that and this is obvious and is a sufficient explanation.

http://www.skynews.com.au/content/dam/skynews/news/politics/state/2016/07/30/sky...

if this was a one off.......maybe and then only maybe...

but these are boys...and they have been treated like this over a long time....some are even isolated for weeks on end...I am sorry but I wouldnt treat an animal like that....

it shows we havnt come that far when it comes to disciplining our youth....imagine not being able to see anything or anyone...spit some from the mouth not the eyes....its cruel and almost looks medieval..

no child has been brought up to expect or even know about that....its horrible....if I was told to do that as part of my job... I would go to the authorities....

simple as that....

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:18am

AiA wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:29am:

Its torture.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:21am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:18am:
AiA wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:29am:

Its torture.

AiA was having one of his many fantasies.....

he loves that thought of that.... Wink Wink

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:37am

whats your answer cods? if no spit hoods then what?

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:39am

There are a number of quite nasty diseases and virus' that can be passed through saliva and by extension, spit.   If I were an employee exposed to that sort of behaviour, and there was no other alternative to protect my health and safety, then on it would go.     These hoods and other restraints are provided to the employee by the Company as part of it's requirement to reduce risk.  I see it no different than handcuffs, restraining straps or similar. 

I wonder what would happen if a prison guard, confronted with a spitting person in close contact, declined to completely eliminate chances of spit contact by not using the mask - then contacted one of the pearlers in the link by absorbing saliva via the eyes or mouth?

http://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/public+content/sa+health+internet/...

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:44am

cods wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:16am:
Aussie wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:03am:

http://www.skynews.com.au/content/dam/skynews/news/politics/state/2016/07/30/sky...

if this was a one off.......maybe and then only maybe...

but these are boys...and they have been treated like this over a long time....some are even isolated for weeks on end...I am sorry but I wouldnt treat an animal like that....

it shows we havnt come that far when it comes to disciplining our youth....imagine not being able to see anything or anyone...spit some from the mouth not the eyes....its cruel and almost looks medieval..

no child has been brought up to expect or even know about that....its horrible....if I was told to do that as part of my job... I would go to the authorities....

simple as that....

They are the 'authorities'.

They have been given instruction to restrain the violent offenders and if the want to spat on they can always leave the hood off while they are working.

Would you? Allow a you violent offender to spit and attack you?

If not, what would you do to prevent this?

Remember is easy to find fault based on your own hubris and ignorance, but Id like to hear your well considered solution to that which upsets you.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:47am

cods wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:16am:
I am sorry but I wouldnt treat an animal like that....

Exactly the attitude which made these little scumbags what they are today. Don't insult animals by comparing them to society's miscreants. These little predators are the result of early training by their scumbag parents and cannot be rehabilitated by the system.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 12:04pm

spitters are quitters

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:03pm

rhino wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:37am:
whats your answer cods? if no spit hoods then what?

well first of all I would want to know why we have a spitting angry child???>...if a wild  animal has a savage nature we expect it... but if a domestic one has the same traits... we ask WHY..

attack dogs are kept behind gates and fences they are not muzzled.....

these boys have been treated badly.. to get to this stage something wen t wrong.. seriously wrong...unless they have some brain damage and by the writing of one of them that isnt the case...

something and its usually an ADULT is behind  the reason....

you have no idea what those officers have done to these boys... have you???>..we do not know.. you are assuming these kids were born spitting....I would think they have spit in self defence....no not in every case but I am bloody sure it was a lot....

we have seen the appalling treatment of kids in care....for the most part its rubbish....

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/girl-x-was-raped-and-died-in-foster...

these kids... are in custody but its still CARE..

if this is the best we have got heaven help us...

to find the solution first you have to find the cause.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print