Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Britain as bad as the Third World ... (Read 2985 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Britain as bad as the Third World ...
Reply #15 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:35am

is a "chav" the same terminology for what i call a "scrub"

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:35am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:22pm:
I suppose my point is that I have had 4 of my teeth extracted, as a non-smoker. This is due to a high sugar diet in my 20s, from drinking too many bourbon and colas. No matter how much toothpaste you scrub on your teeth, you will have trouble maintaining healthy teeth with such a diet that I had.

A dentist told me it also has a lot to do with genetics. He said I was lucky I had picked good parents.

Also, if your parents neglect to take you for regular check-ups and fillings done while you're still a child, you will then pay for this later on.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:45am

aquascoot wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:35am:
is a "chav" the same terminology for what i call a "scrub"

It's a word that didn't exist when I was living in the UK.

Google says ... "Chav (/ˈtʃæv/ CHAV) is a pejorative epithet used in Britain to describe a particular stereotype. The word was popularised in the first decade of the 21st century by the British mass media to refer to an anti-social youth subculture in the United Kingdom".

In other words - street garbage and Government Housing trash that should be collected and taken to internment camps where they are put through a living-hell of re-education in how to behave like responsible adults and not as destructive savages on the streets of Britain.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #18 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:30pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:13am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:03pm:
I have never seen a smoker with nice teeth. Joking or not, all the smokers I have met need dental work most urgently.

It wasn't the germs that caused the rot then, it was the sugars, and not brushing their teeth.

I think that is what I was saying in one of my other posts.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:34pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:30pm:

My apologies -you did indeed say that. I'm having teething problems operating this new Windows 10 of mine, but once I know the drill I'll be all right.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #20 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:41pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:34pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:30pm:

My apologies -you did indeed say that. I'm having teething problems operating this new Windows 10 of mine, but once I know the drill I'll be all right.

Kiss kiss! Get a room:

« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:51pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:43pm

Tooth decay depends on many factors including diet ... but none the less dental hygiene and more importantly genetics.

I have never seen a decent clean set of teeth on a chain smoker. Their breaths stink.

Their teeth are stained (like their fingers) shyte brown & many are rotten.

Smoking doesn't preserve your health, lungs or ferking teeth.

Herbert re: your teeth & smoking .. BS.

Genetics more likely.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:57pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:43pm:
Tooth decay depends on many factors including diet ... but none the less dental hygiene and more importantly genetics.

I have never seen a decent clean set of teeth on a chain smoker. Their breaths stink.

Their teeth are stained (like their fingers) shyte brown & many are rotten.

Smoking doesn't preserve your health, lungs or ferking teeth.

Herbert re: your teeth & smoking .. BS.

Genetics more likely.

Thank you for your vote of confidence.

As a chain-smoker I was careful to have my teeth regularly cleaned at the dentists.

As for the smell - all my friends and workmates were chain-smokers, and so the foetid breath and the nauseating stench of tobacco on our clothing and in our hair was all part of the bonding mechanism that made our camaraderie all the more special.

And as for kissing - I always liked my women a little on the trashy side, and that's why I never got any complaints.   

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #23 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:22pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:35am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:22pm:
I suppose my point is that I have had 4 of my teeth extracted, as a non-smoker. This is due to a high sugar diet in my 20s, from drinking too many bourbon and colas. No matter how much toothpaste you scrub on your teeth, you will have trouble maintaining healthy teeth with such a diet that I had.

A dentist told me it also has a lot to do with genetics. He said I was lucky I had picked good parents.

Also, if your parents neglect to take you for regular check-ups and fillings done while you're still a child, you will then pay for this later on.

My parents were working class people. Still are. They are on the verge of retirement and have worked their way up as high as working class people can go. My mother has been trained as a nurse, and has given good advice on health. But, one thing she could not avoid, for some reason, was her osteoporosis. Her teeth have never been the best in the family, and I don't think her side of the family was all that genetically strong.

My father came from a large family, and learned to tough it out competing and sharing with his siblings. He was a sporty type of person. He could have been selected for the Olympics in 1976, and helped Australia try to win a gold medal back then. But he did not seem all that booksmart. Dad was streetsmart, and Mum was booksmart. Together, they made a family of five. Myself, my brother and sister had inherited the cultural and genetics of being both moderately streetsmart, as well as book smart.

Fifteen years after heading out into the world on my own, I learned the hard way that genetics can only take you so far. Even the best of genetics would not be able to compete with a lack of appreciable oral hygiene and a considerably high sugar diet. Whilst I can blame Mum for the way my teeth have come through, as a result of genetics from her side, alternatively getting braces through my teenage years would only have offered temporary cosmetic help for straight teeth. Once these hypothetical braces come out, a poor diet and poor oral hygiene would alter my teeth somewhat to the point as they have come now.

I have a daughter who is studying law. She is a potential model. She is strict on her diet and exercise, and has an IQ around 160. Another daughter of mine plays sport (soccer and cricket), and is so beautiful inside and out, that she would have struggled socially and professionally with the diet I would have provided her, had I raised her.

I can't agree that it is to do with good genetics. In my example, I would have been so much better off had I looked after my teeth with better dieting, and a more considerable oral hygiene.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #24 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:56am

Britain is worse than the third world in literacy and numeracy. South Korea tops the ranking. Japan is high in ranking.

Reading instructions on an aspirin bottle is considered an advanced task in the UK. " ... one in five young university students could manage basic tasks but might struggle with anything advanced, like reading instructions on an aspirin bottle... "

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/english-teenagers-are...

Quote:
English teenagers 'are most illiterate in the developed world', report reveals
English teenagers ranked bottom of 23-strong table for literacy

School students struggle with basic numeracy and literacy when they graduate Corbis
English teenagers are among some of the least educated in the developed world, a report reveals.

Young people aged between 16 and 19 have been found to possess only a “basic” grasp of maths and English, with nine million people of working age having low literacy or numeracy skills.

The report, conducted by the OECD (the Operation for Economic Co-Operation and Development) found that out of 23 developed nations, English teens had the lowest literacy rates and the second to lowest numeracy rates.

The report summarised that one in five young university students could manage basic tasks but might struggle with anything advanced, like reading instructions on an aspirin bottle.

It concluded: "university teaching gives limited attention to low levels of literacy and numeracy. Graduates with low basic skills gain modest returns from their qualifications and will often not be able to repay their student debts. England has a large university system relative to a poorly skilled pool of potential entrants."

Based on 2012 data, the report acknowledged that conditions were likely to improve with Michael Gove’s reforms to keep children in education until the age of 18. The reforms have introduced harder GCSES and some vocational subjects like the nail technician certificate have been ditched.

However, some critics have used this opportunity to call out the government, blaming the failure of educational policies for English children's illiteracy. Alan Smithers, director of the Centre for Education and Employment told The Times that education in England has been “blighted by the beliefs of progressive education. The older generation did English and maths in a formal way but progressive beliefs took over and the children's grasp of basic skills declined.”

A government spokesperson told The Mirror that "Good English and maths skills are essential to success in later life, and thanks to our reforms thousands more students are leaving education with these vital skills.”

South Korea came top of the list for both literacy and numeracy skills.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:16am by Unforgiven »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:33am

It's a disgraceful legacy of decades of Social-Marxist Theory being practiced in the classrooms of Britain.

Until schools return to the practices, curriculum, and disciplines of the '50's and before, this trend will continue, if not get worse.

Only naming-and-shaming the Educational Boards of Great Britain will see a reversal of this hideously remiss trend.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #26 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 12:55pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:33am:
Only naming-and-shaming the Educational Boards of Great Britain will see a reversal of this hideously remiss trend...

If only they were literate enough to do that.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #27 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 1:28pm

Unforgiven wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 12:55pm:
Only naming-and-shaming the Educational Boards of Great Britain will see a reversal of this hideously remiss trend...

But not as illiterate as you boongs.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #28 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 4:55pm

Fuzzball wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 1:28pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 12:55pm:

But not as illiterate as you boongs.

British Boongs?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print