Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Britain as bad as the Third World ... (Read 2979 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Britain as bad as the Third World ...
Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:24am

when it comes to cruel treatment of animals.

If these are genuinely English people who are doing this (which is not at all certain, as the abattoir industry in NSW is almost 100% comprised of Muslim refugees and sundry Darkies) - then it can be expected that heads will roll.

But if the vast majority of these cruelties are being perpetrated by Middle Eastern and North African refugees and migrants - then the Apologist Industry will have a field-day defending them from the perspective of Cultural Diversity, and the need for them to be schooled on Western standards of fair treatment for animals.

link

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Re: Britain as bad as the Third World ...
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:10am

In UK there was always the slags, drug dealers and chavs who treat their animals terribly, besides the usual non-anglo trash.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:28am

Fuzzball wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:10am:
In UK there was always the slags, drug dealers and chavs who treat their animals terribly, besides the usual non-anglo trash.

Agreed.

But these abattoirs are supposed to be run professionally and according to strict work-practice guidelines that are open to official inspection throughout the year.

How people treat their pets in the privacy of their homes is a whole different ball-game that is totally removed from routine government inspection.

These abattoirs were allowed to descend into barbarism and psychopathic cruelty, and one has to ask why this was allowed to occur. 

The dog racing industry here in NSW is so fraught with unconscionable cruel practices that the State government has actually been forced to make it illegal - like cock-fighting and dog-fighting.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 12:04pm

UK is third world and will slip further after Brexit.

UK was worse before they sent the worst offenders to Australia.

The worst fiends in the UK were exported.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:13pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:47pm

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:09pm by Unforgiven »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:11pm

As a Scot myself - (I have my own tartan colours) - I say stay as part of Britain for economic reasons, and retain the Scottish Parliament.

Smiley

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:14pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:47pm:

Ah. Needless to say she and her child should be scooped off the pavement and booked into the nearest psychiatric hospital for clinical assessment, and then 'housed' where they will be safe and well looked after.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:21pm

They said smile; things could be worse.

"... Crucially, almost 62,500 people are admitted to hospital in England per year because of tooth decay – three quarters of them, or 46,400, children... "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3383249/UK-s-dental-care-World-levels-La...

Quote:
UK's dental care 'at Third World levels': Lack of NHS treatment across England has led to 'crisis' in care, say hundreds of dentists

Dental experts blame lack of access to NHS treatment in parts of England
Say that has led to system 'unfit for purpose' where millions have bad teeth
So many people not able to receive care that they rely on volunteer groups
Organisations like Dentaid formed to worked in poverty stricken nations

British dental health is akin to that provided in Third World countries, according to hundreds of UK dentists.

The lack of access to NHS treatment in many parts of England has led to a 'crisis' in care and a system that is 'unfit for purpose', they said.

A coalition of dentistry professionals said millions of British people go for such long periods without seeing a dentist that charity groups who usually provide access to dental care in the Third World now have to do so in England.

British dental health is akin to that provided in Third World countries, according to hundreds of UK dentists. The lack of access to NHS treatment in many parts of England has led to a 'crisis' in care and a system that is 'unfit for purpose', they said (stock photograph)

British dental health is akin to that provided in Third World countries, according to hundreds of UK dentists. The lack of access to NHS treatment in many parts of England has led to a 'crisis' in care and a system that is 'unfit for purpose', they said

The 400 dentists wrote to the Daily Telegraph to complain that they are stretched increasingly thinly and are struggling to meet ambitious targets to increase the numbers of patients treated.
They complained that it was hard to work amid tight constraints on budgets, and warned that millions of adults are ignorant of even the most basic dental hygiene.

'Far from improving, the situation has worsened to such an extent that charity groups normally associated with providing dental care in Third World arenas now have to do so in England', they wrote.

'While we applaud groups such as Dentaid, which volunteer such services, their role serves to demonstrate the lack of a proper national dental strategy and service.

'When more than 90 per cent of all dental diseases can be prevented, it is also a disgrace that children aged under 10 in England are still more likely to be treated in hospital for rotten teeth than for any other medical reason.'

NHS figures show that almost half the adult population of England (48 per cent) and a third (31 per cent) of children have not seen a dentist within two years.
Mohammed Khaliff, 16, from Syria, suffers from dire dental problems common in Third World countries

He receives treatment from a Dentaid volunteer

Mohammed Khaliff, 16 (left), from Syria, suffers from dire dental problems common in Third World countries. He receives treatment (right) from a Dentaid volunteer

Crucially, almost 62,500 people are admitted to hospital in England per year because of tooth decay – three quarters of them, or 46,400, children.

And estimates from the Health and Social Care Information Centre show that within the biggest age-group – those aged between five and nine years old – the numbers leapt by 14 per cent in three years to almost 26,000.

However, NHS England denied that there is a crisis, pointing to a survey which found that more than nine out of 10 people who wanted to see a dentist in the last two years got to see one.
Official figures show that almost 1.7 million more people in England have seen a dentist within two years than were doing so a decade ago.
But when population growth is taken into account the overall increase amounts to less than one per cent.
A spokeswoman for NHS England told the Daily Telegraph: 'These claims are wrong - more patients are getting the dental care they need, and 93 per cent of people got an NHS dental appointment when they wanted one in the last 24 months.'

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:40pm

That's totally the fault of the parents for not teaching their kids the daily disciplines of maintaining oral hygiene.

Nothing to do with sugars.

Nothing to do with junk food.

Nothing to do with the national health system.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:59pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 12:04pm:
UK is third world and will slip further after Brexit.

UK was worse before they sent the worst offenders to Australia.

The worst fiends in the UK were exported.

Even though I agree with your first sentence, you talk poo about the next two. The worst offenders were executed in Britain. They would not export them, lest they wanted to have a great deal of problems with them on the journey over or after they landed.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:03pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:40pm:
That's totally the fault of the parents for not teaching their kids the daily disciplines of maintaining oral hygiene.

Nothing to do with sugars.

Nothing to do with junk food.

Nothing to do with the national health system.

I brush my teeth twice a day. I used to drink a lot of Coca Cola, and eat a lot of fatty foods. I found that my teeth would yellow, no matter how often I would brush. After cutting down on the sugary drinks, and losing some weight, my teeth seemed to have straightened and whitened over time.

Definitely, brushing your teeth regularly is key to maintaining oral health. But, so too is watching what you eat.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:28pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:03pm:
time.

Definitely, brushing your teeth regularly is key to maintaining oral health. But, so too is watching what you eat.

At 72 my teeth are all there, bar one, and I have a dazzling smile.

The reason?

I smoked two-pack a day all of my working life, and as any dentist will tell you, nicotine kills germs dead in their tracks. 

I could hear the little buggers screaming every time I took a puff.  Smiley

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:03pm

I have never seen a smoker with nice teeth. Joking or not, all the smokers I have met need dental work most urgently.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:22pm

I suppose my point is that I have had 4 of my teeth extracted, as a non-smoker. This is due to a high sugar diet in my 20s, from drinking too many bourbon and colas. No matter how much toothpaste you scrub on your teeth, you will have trouble maintaining healthy teeth with such a diet that I had.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:13am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:03pm:
I have never seen a smoker with nice teeth. Joking or not, all the smokers I have met need dental work most urgently.

It wasn't the germs that caused the rot then, it was the sugars, and not brushing their teeth.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print