Send Topic Print
Dream's (Read 2902 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Dream's
Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:21am

Do you believe dreams can have meaning, connected to daytime events or a disconnected experience ? Ever had a dream that made you wonder what is was about? An intangible occurence or other . Where and why do certain dreams occur?

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Re: Dream's
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:52am

Agnes wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:21am:
Do you believe dreams can have meaning, connected to daytime events or a disconnected experience ? Ever had a dream that made you wonder what is was about? An intangible occurence or other . Where and why do certain dreams occur?

many blessings , has anyone ever had Déjà vu ?

this is a dream you have had the night before, and then

when you wake the next day you have this Déjà vu event that was experienced the night before in the dream state .. you have been here before sometime somewhere in this now moment !

this proves that time is a multi~ leveled construct which may be traversed through, but not limited to ,  dreams ..

namaste

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:51am

it_is_the_light wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:52am:

when you wake the next day you have this Déjà vu event that was experienced the night before in the dream state .. you have been here before sometime somewhere in this now moment !

this proves that time is a multi~ leveled construct which may be traversed through, but not limited to ,  dreams ..

namaste

Light I always thought dejavu was experienced before hand and then later on you experienced a "I know I have been here before" type experience.. that is my take on it anyway, and as a child it used to happen to me all the time. 
I originally started this thread because once , when my girl was around 3/4 we experienced a shared dream ie: we had the same dream at the same time- it was a very vivid dream. My girl came into me that same morning and said to me "mama- I dreamed you lost me" - I had just woke from a dream where I dreamed I had lost her - that really freaked me out. I had never even knew that such dreams existed and have since found out they are a rare occurance.   One or the other of us had entered the others dream.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:52am

Do you believe dreams can have meaning

it can if it's a wet dream  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:35am

Dreams are a viable method for God [a spirit being] to give messages to us [mostly to our subconscious?], especially when he, God, still wishes for us to have some doubts [i.e. no tangible evidence] of his existence.

No ?

Personally, i regard all of those 'persons' who i encounter in the dream state, as spirit entities who are trying to evoke some 'emotional' response in myself.            Like a 'bootcamp' testing.

1 Kings 3:5
In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.

Job 33:14
For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
15  In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
16  Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
17  That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
18  He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Do you ever experience dreams where you are awake [i.e. you feel fully conscious] ?

Google;
lucid dreaming

p.s.
BE CAREFUL.

Because,     'Here, there be monsters.'     !!!

.....in the spirit world/realm.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:51am

For me - dreams are mostly related to things we've stopped consciously thinking about which are shoved down deep into our sub-conscious. The few that aren't - are probably related to daytime events or a disconnected experience as you say.

Interestingly enough - I haven't had a nightmare for 20 years. I was quite spiritual at one time and had a real life exorcism which seems to have worked. It can be a cure for those who experience demons while they sleep.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:18pm

certainly things like drowning, tidal waves, tsunamis seem to involve feelings of "waves of emotional overload" and are common when people are overwhelmed.

when you have a decision to make you may have things like locks and keys and find yourself at intersections.

lots of bridges and gates also indicate that you are in a transitional state.

there are plenty of good books on interpretation of dreams

Freud wrote one

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Dreams
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:16pm

The worst dream you can have is dreaming you died and then dreaming you have been reincarnated as Yadda or Valkie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/24/dream-facts-dreaming_n_4824935.html

Quote:
A great number of people believe the popular myth that dying in a dream means... you’re dead, but Naiman says there’s no truth to it. In fact, he encourages exploring, saying, “If you ever have an opportunity to die in a dream, I say go for it!” Many people report death in dreams to be rather anti-climatic, he says. “Some people would say that’s because consciousness is immortal, independent of the body, but however you look at it it’s an interesting experience.”

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:20pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:16pm:
The worst dream you can have is dreaming you died and then dreaming you have been reincarnated as Yadda or Valkie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/24/dream-facts-dreaming_n_4824935.html

Quote:
A great number of people believe the popular myth that dying in a dream means... you’re dead, but Naiman says there’s no truth to it. In fact, he encourages exploring, saying, “If you ever have an opportunity to die in a dream, I say go for it!” Many people report death in dreams to be rather anti-climatic, he says. “Some people would say that’s because consciousness is immortal, independent of the body, but however you look at it it’s an interesting experience.”
Your nightmare would be to be back in British colonial India crapping in a gutter while a rich pom chucks you 20 pence.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:07pm

I have dreamed about falling from a high structure into the harbour. There is no worse feeling of helplessness than to have a dream like that.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:11pm

Unforgiven has nightmares about living as a heterosexual white male and having to be burdened with the blame of slavery, gay rights, affirmative action, and having to find a job based on skill rather than being part of a minority group. Unforgiven loves it when he wakes up back on the other side of the demographic.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:30pm

I notice that the Green Grocer's sign writer is still here.  Roll Eyes

Banana's, Tomato's, Apple's and so forth.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:30pm

mantra wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:51am:

For me - dreams are mostly related to things we've stopped consciously thinking about which are shoved down deep into our sub-conscious. The few that aren't - are probably related to daytime events or a disconnected experience as you say.

Interestingly enough - I haven't had a nightmare for 20 years. I was quite spiritual at one time and had a real life exorcism which seems to have worked. It can be a cure for those who experience demons while they sleep.

Exorcism, is that like someone comes to your house maybe a priest..was that scary at all ?  I don't dream a lot now but when my kids were little- all the time.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 5:34pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:16pm:

LOL

Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:51pm

one I have now and again is being crushed by a vehicle that I'm working under...  Undecided

other times its a sex dream and when I wake up i find the doona resembling a Huge Pakistani Marquee...  Shocked

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:05pm

namaste

Wrong wrong wrong.  DeJa Vu is simply recalling memory fragments when you've seen something very similar to what feels familiar to your deja vu expirence.
No thing more than a memory anomaly.

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:25pm

Excalibur - In The Land Of Dreams

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #17 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:48am

Agnes wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:30pm:
  Exorcism, is that like someone comes to your house maybe a priest..was that scary at all ?  I don't dream a lot now but when my kids were little- all the time.

The woman was a white witch, but she was very religious and we met at a mutual friend's home. I was cynical of course, but I was experiencing sleep paralysis quite regularly. I would wake during the night because I could feel someone pinning me down. I couldn't call out or move. These nightmares stopped immediately after the exorcism which wasn't quite on the scale of a Linda Blair performance, but some sort of bad spiritual entity left my body under protest. Yes it was scary.

I have slept peacefully ever since.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #18 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:12am

Normally, I don't discuss dreams in any great detail, because no matter how interesting they may seem, they tend to bore the listener.

However, I can say I puzzled over a practical woodworking problem for several years, and the answer came to me in a dream.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #19 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:13am

mantra wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:48am:

The woman was a white witch, but she was very religious and we met at a mutual friend's home. I was cynical of course, but I was experiencing sleep paralysis quite regularly. I would wake during the night because I could feel someone pinning me down. I couldn't call out or move.

These nightmares stopped immediately after the exorcism which wasn't quite on the scale of a Linda Blair performance, but some sort of bad spiritual entity left my body under protest.

Yes it was scary.

mantra,

It is good that your friend was able to relieve you of your 'problem'.

IMAGE.....

John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare

You can easily conduct your own 'exorcism' with just a few very simple words,     ....just call on the God that you don't beliv......

Oh yeah, i can see a problem arising here for many people [who hate/deny God].

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1304541795/123#123
Quote:

Demons are real.

They are spirits.

And they [many 10's or even 100's] can have an influence over us, especially if we 'open' ourselves to them, if we 'open' ourselves to their 'persuasions'.

I believe that mostly, God [initially at least] protects us from the influence of demons, in this 'reality'.

And i believe that God will actively [spiritually] protect us from the influence of demons, whenever we directly ask him to, and if we are also actively trying to shun, to resist [what is] evil [around us].

But i also believe that God will 'abandon' those souls, who actively seek [or actively choose] those influences which are un-Godly, and he will abandon those souls who [themselves] abandon all discernment between good and evil.

God does not want to lose any soul, not one, to the demonic.

But he will not 'compel' people, to abandon those evil [spiritual] influences [which they choose].

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1304541795/126#126
Quote:

We ourselves, are the 'gatekeepers' of our hearts.

We choose which spirits we allow [invite] into our hearts.

And nobody [and no spirit] can compel us, to join with those spirits.

And no spirit can compel us to do what is evil.

No body compels us, to choose the evil.

When we choose the evil, it is because we ourselves choose it.

I can't prove it, but i believe that the use of 'recreational drugs' can 'open us' to the influence of demons,       ....and i believe that it is probably the number 1 way today, that people become susceptible to the influence of demons.

We 'become', what we 'immerse' ourselves in.

We are deeply influenced by our surroundings, and by those, whom we choose to surround ourselves with, always.

I believe that.

Yadda said somewhere....
Quote:

Normally, God does protect every human being from the influence of demons.

But we [individually] can override that [spiritual] protection.

[I suspect that James Holmes [the Aurora, Colorado shooter] did just that! ]

In answer to your Q. , it is not the function of angels to go around protecting people from the consequences of their own poor choices [or to protect us from the wickedness of others].
[....we, ourselves, are supposed to be intelligent enough to learn that our poor choices will harm us.]

« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:19am by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #20 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:28am

The woman was a white witch, but she was very religious and we met at a mutual friend's home. I was cynical of course, but I was experiencing sleep paralysis quite regularly. I would wake during the night because I could feel someone pinning me down. I couldn't call out or move. These nightmares stopped immediately after the exorcism which wasn't quite on the scale of a Linda Blair performance, but some sort of bad spiritual entity left my body under protest. Yes it was scary.

I used to experience sleep paralysis-started at about 18, but you must have been plagued with them to go to that length, just glad you got some relief-  I  also experienced  being pinned to my bed by a "body" and that was very frightening, that  only happened once but the dream stayed with me to this day- it might sound crazy to some who haven't experienced it but then not everyone will get it-

issuevoter:
Quote:
Reply #18 - Today at 9:12am Quote  Normally, I don't discuss dreams in any great detail, because no matter how interesting they may seem, they tend to bore the listener.

However, I can say I puzzled over a practical woodworking problem for several years, and the answer came to me in a dream.

Did you know  that Paul MrCarteny conceived the song "Yesterday " in a dream?

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 10:47am

http://www.plotinus.com/dreams_in_the_mystical_process_copy2.htm

IMPORTANCE OF DREAMS IN THE MYSTICAL PROCESS

There is basically no difference between the waking state and that of dream, except that one seems more stable than the other. Only after there is awakening in the form of enlightenment is it realized that the waking world itself is indeed nothing but a long dream resulting from mental dis­position - a movement in Consciousness in which what seems a solid body and its sufferings are really an illusion.
Ramesh Balsekar

This chapter is dedicated to readers who have proven to themselves that dreams are more than just dreams, that they are indeed "tools" teaching us to look at ourselves in an impartial and impersonal way.

Dreams are tools of transformation. Moreover, at a certain level of inner work, dreams stop being dreams and instead become spiritual levels of consciousness. But, in the meantime, dreams open invisible doors to subtler levels of spiritual growth, awakening in seekers of truth and wisdom, our permanent witness or soul within our conscious selves.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 11:00am

Yadda wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:13am:
I can't prove it, but i believe that the use of 'recreational drugs' can 'open us' to the influence of demons,       ....and i believe that it is probably the number 1 way today, that people become susceptible to the influence of demons.

We are deeply influenced by our surroundings, and by those, whom we choose to surround ourselves with, always.

The physiological explanation is that people wake up before REM is finished, but I'm not convinced that is always the case. To this day I often wake up after a couple of hours sleep and stay awake, but I haven't experienced that sleep paralysis since. I believe that I left myself susceptible to demons at one stage of my life.

Yadda - your picture looks how it felt at the time and the blurry image I often saw and felt on top of me wasn't dissimilar to that ugly goblin.

Agnes wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:28am:
I used to experience sleep paralysis-started at about 18, but you must have been plagued with them to go to that length, just glad you got some relief-  I  also experienced  being pinned to my bed by a "body" and that was very frightening, that  only happened once but the dream stayed with me to this day- it might sound crazy to some who haven't experienced it but then not everyone will get it-

You never forget it.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 1:29pm

Nothing more effective in illustrating that Time isn't as most believe it to be than precognition and precognitive dreams, of which I've had many.  Told others after the dream but before the event took place in our reality, thus creating witnesses to the reality of precognition

Clearly, as proven by accurate, validated precognition, our lives (and those of non-human creatures) are decided in advance

by whom/what is the question

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 1:34pm

mantra wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 11:00am:
Yadda wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:13am:

The physiological explanation is that people wake up before REM is finished, but I'm not convinced that is always the case. To this day I often wake up after a couple of hours sleep and stay awake, but I haven't experienced that sleep paralysis since. I believe that I left myself susceptible to demons at one stage of my life.

Yadda - your picture looks how it felt at the time and the blurry image I often saw and felt on top of me wasn't dissimilar to that ugly goblin.

Agnes wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:28am:

You never forget it.

Not sleep paralysis in my opinion

Demonic attack

The hideous blob has been described by millions throughout thousands of years.  It's a mug-shot.  Or, picked out of a line-up by millions.  And that's because it exists and is able to be described by many, thus enabling the artist to paint it

Except in reality it's far less 'cute' or bemused
and knows exactly what it's doing and attacks with ruthless intent

Prayer kicks its arse

IP Logged

Parannoyed

Australian Politics

Northern NSW
Reply #25 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 2:03pm

Dreams happen in the same place that everything else we think about happens.  In our heads.  No outside input.  Nothing to blame or thank other than our own thinking circuitry.

I tend to avoid assigning 'woo' to anything intangible.  Especially if it happened in my skull.

Sure I've experienced many of those odd ones mentioned here. 
That dual dream experience happened after an uncle who lived with us died and we had to organize removing his belongings.  I dreamed I was packing the things that were precious to him in boxes when he rang the doorbell!  He'd come back for his things!  I was frantically embarrassed and trying to hide the boxes.

My mother had exactly the same dream that night, her was her brother.
She too heard the doorbell and was keeping him from coming into the house to see that we were disposing of his things.

Did he come back and ring the doorbell in the dead of night.  Hardly bloody likely!

We were both traumatised at losing him, both knew the value he put on his few possessions and were dreading the task of clearing them out.  Of course we had similar dreams about the scenario.  It was a simple human reaction to a stressful situation.  It happened at the same time because that's when the stress was occurring.   No woo required.

I've often experienced De jevu, sometimes even dreamed of places I hadn't been but when I went there found the dreams to be correct.  ... but were they?  Or was my imagination not far off the mark and I was filling in the memories of the dream with the facts before my eyes in the present?  Did I really remember that palm tree in the corner of the yard or did it just get overlaid in realtime onto the memory??

If I was truly psychic and could rely on dreams to foretell the future I'd be living a lot higher lifestyle than I am now I can guarantee you that.  Grin

The subconscience has sorted out many problems for me in dreams.  One in particular was when I was deciding whether to transfer to a new job.
  I dreamed I was running for the last ferry leaving the wharf and the people aboard were yelling "hurry up or you'll miss the boat!" ...  I applied for the transfer next morning and never made a better decision.   Cheesy

But it was a logical decision made in a dream which allowed all the sentimental baggage to be shed.  I suspect we're often smarter when we're asleep.  Huh

Pessimists are never disappointed.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 2:32pm

'Happens in our heads'

But you claim you've had many similar experiences to those described by others

You equate psychic experience with getting rich

You need to clarify

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 3:06pm

My daughter told me a couple of days ago about horrible nightmares she had, woke up, and didn't want to go back to sleep. I know she has been having late nights because of dance school, and I asked her if she ate just before she went to bed and she knew what I was getting at, she said yes. So many years ago, on tv some spiritualist called Kevin ( forgot his surname) but he   was a regular  guest on talk shows, he said that eating before you go to sleep, or eating cheese particularly, puts pressure on the solar plexus and can create nightmares. But, if you make a warm glass of milk with a teaspoon of honey and tablespoon shredded coconut, you will have romantic dreams.
Most dreams I seem to have when stressed are about rising stormy wild seas, or corridors and looking for toilets, and when I find one, it's filthy.

As for déjà Vue I used to have that feeling of a sense that a situation is replicated and I knew exactly what was going to happen or be said. I tend to feel as if my head is spinning in a dreamy light headed manner.
But recently, much to my puzzlement, I was in a bus, in Victoria British Columbia as part of a holiday package to see the Butchart Gardens, and a bus tour around the town etc.
I had never been there and was a first visit for me.
When the bus was near a beach, and a grassy area by the road with walking paths, I got the strongest feeling I had lived there before, and knew there was an older homestead nearby among all the newer homes.
Wide eyed in awe, I looked for this house and then spotted it, as the bus kept driving, there were other older homes I knew of that felt were my grandparents that lived nearby and I would often go walk about a and visit them.
This has puzzled me since and I have been wondering, if that was déjà vu in the sense that I had lived somewhere else in a different life?
I wonder also, as I seem so sensitive to picking up thoughts and impressions, if I had just picked up some past impressions of someone from long ago, or maybe a restless spirit in that area? And through my eyes wanted to see more clearly?
That whole experience made me feel restless and wondering about it. Was it my thoughts and feelings, or some other entity's, that I just happened to tune in on by accident? I was minding my own carefree business looking at the passing scenery when it hit me like that.
Well, I'm glad you all speak of your experiences and beliefs, because it makes it easier for me to finally tell someone about that odd experience in a country so far away, that makes me feel drawn to want to go back there!

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 3:28pm

' makes me feel drawn to want to go back there!'

Nice post, Lady Lols

I know that 'want to go back there' feeling, as do many, no doubt

With me, it's a feeling similar to that of homesickness.  Yet it's for a place (actually several) that I've never seen outside dream experiences

Haven't been back there for a while. Have never attempted to consciously summon the place or visit it.  But I could draw a rough map of it.  Has no connection with my real life.  As if I live another life (or several) while I'm asleep

It has a atmosphere all its own.  It's peopled

When I awaken, it's with that 'homesick' feeling.  Takes a while to shake off.  I think to myself, 'Where is that place? Why do I keep going back there?'.  But while I'm in the dream, it's just like ordinary life and I don't realise I'm back there

It's a fascinating part of our lives that many are too shy to discuss with others:

dreams
precognition and precognitive dreams
dream places feeling familiar
repeat dreams
shared dreams
ESP and Telepathy in dreams
dream 'schooling'
dream travel
dream solutions and resolutions
preparatory dreams
communication with the deceased and possibly those yet unborn, in dreams
etc

Which life is our 'real' one: our dream world or the 'reality' we believe we're living in at the moment?  Science doesn't know

IP Logged

Parannoyed

Australian Politics

Northern NSW
Reply #29 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 4:56pm

PZ547 wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 2:32pm:
'Happens in our heads'

But you claim you've had many similar experiences to those described by others

You equate psychic experience with getting rich

You need to clarify

Clarify?  That my subconscious works in the same way as everyone else's?? 
Do you think it shouldn't?   Wink

The fact that many have the same kind of dreams indicates that our brains work in similar patterns, that seems to be the case over various cultures, dreams are just reflections of our waking thinking processes.  Even cats, dogs and rabbits dream.  It's nothing special.  (But they're even more fun to watch sometimes.)

The psychic quip was a joke.  If I'd won lotto with the numbers I'd dreamed about I'd be rich.   But I didn't!  hence I'm obviously not psychic.

People can put whatever connotations they need to on dreams.  There may be some unexplained twists to it, but I don't buy the notion that there's anything spiritual, or psychic about them as such.  Just natural attributes of the brain that we haven't studied or explained just yet.

Pessimists are never disappointed.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #30 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:39pm

Dreaming about spewing carbon monoxide, after being tied underneath a car. Wake up exhausted.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #31 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:49pm

Sophia wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 3:06pm:
My daughter told me a couple of days ago about horrible nightmares she had, woke up, and didn't want to go back to sleep. I know she has been having late nights because of dance school, and I asked her if she ate just before she went to bed and she knew what I was getting at, she said yes. So many years ago, on tv some spiritualist called Kevin ( forgot his surname) but he   was a regular  guest on talk shows, he said that eating before you go to sleep, or eating cheese particularly, puts pressure on the solar plexus and can create nightmares. But, if you make a warm glass of milk with a teaspoon of honey and tablespoon shredded coconut, you will have romantic dreams.

I'm eating cheese right now because it helps me to wake up. Of course, anything that will keep you awake is not helpful in getting a restful sleep. I changed my bedroom around from having the bed face one way to the original other. Best sleep I have had in a year.

Chamomile tea helps me relax before bed. Sleep well after that. Avoiding sugary drinks (including milk, honey, and other stuff) will help you sleep better. You need to have a large glass of water to help flush your body's blood and system of a high glucose level. Shower and brush your teeth always before you go to bed. And make sure you have a urination before you go to bed. There is no point trying to get a good night sleep if 5 hours later you are up in the middle of the night to pee. I find I lose an hour's effective sleep if I wake for a urination in the middle of the night.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #32 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:41pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 5:39pm:
Dreaming about spewing carbon monoxide, after being tied underneath a car. Wake up exhausted.

That sounds like a nightmare. Did someone threaten you or are you reliving an experience from another life?

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #33 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:46pm

A 'dad joke' ?

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #34 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:49pm

Vic wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:46pm:

A 'dad joke' ?

Haha. Having never been a father - I hadn't heard that one.

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:32pm

I do not remember my dreams very much - but I was watching one of those morning shows a few years ago - Sunrise or something - and they had a bit where viewers send in letters describing their dreams and someone on the show interprets them for the viewer. So they get this letter from some male high school kid and it had his name and age - and his letters says that he has been dreaming about snakes.. And Im thinking - hmm, this kid is going to get some homophobic ribbing from his mates when he gets to school this morning if any of them watch Sunrise.

I have no problem with homosexuals - but when I dream about snakes and unicorns ( a lot ) I usually keep it to myself. (:

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:36pm

I also dream about Alex Dimitriades like every second night. What do you guys think that could mean? Any dream experts on here?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #37 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:41pm

WJV wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:36pm:
I also dream about Alex Dimitriades like every second night. What do you guys think that could mean? Any dream experts on here?
[td]
  There are Frued type rules about this stuff- but once or twice I dreamed about death and fire- it disturbed me - then I read death dreams usually  mean new life is on the horizon ( birth or whatever) and fire dreams just means you have to do a cleanse - change your life priorities or whatever- you will find various definitions out there- my point is most dreams are rarely straight foward..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:44pm

Neferti wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:30pm:
I notice that the Green Grocer's sign writer is still here.  Roll Eyes

Banana's, Tomato's, Apple's and so forth.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eIARuH0-x4Y/SfnHeTdnxcI/AAAAAAAAAug/xIMpbCfRcIo/s400/r...

Yes, that's the first thing I noticed  Wink

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:46pm

has anyone ever had Déjà vu ?

Didn't you ask that question before?

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #40 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:00pm

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #41 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:37pm

Vic wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:46pm:

A 'dad joke' ?

You got it.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #42 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:40pm

A few nights after the death of my ex-girlfriend, I had this vivid dream about having sex with her in my room. She is better in bed as a ghost than she was in real life riding me.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #43 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 4:26am

Michio Kaku: What Is Déjà Vu?

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:09am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:46pm:

It Is The Light may have asked the question before.  Some questions are worthy of repetition

In that vein, I'll post a dream which I've posted before

A few years ago I awoke exhausted from a dream.  We're told dreams last only a few seconds, but my dream seemed to have been going on for most of the night

Over breakfast I told my family about the dream.  It involved my father, with whom I wasn't particularly close.  It had dwindled to the point I now sent cards at birthdays, Christmas, etc.  And every now and then, he'd phone.  But we'd had little contact for a number of years apart from that.  Geographically, we were separated by hundreds of kilometres and I hadn't seen him physically for well over ten years

It took a few days for the dream to wear off.  Then, several days to a week later, my father phoned out of the blue.  Almost immediately, he informed me he'd returned home from hospital only hours earlier.  ' I nearly died', he said.  He'd been in hospital for a number of days apparently

He began telling me what ailed him and had put him in hospital.  Before he'd said much, I commented that it all sounded like a dream I'd had around a week earlier

'Go on', he said.  So I told him about the dream, in which I'd seen him lying in a sort of ditch or sunken impression in the ground and screaming in agony to the point I'd seen the veins in his neck standing out and sweat on his face.  It involved his legs and at varying points in the dream, he'd pulled one of his legs up toward his chest with both arms, screaming in pain

It was night in the dream, and hot. People were out on verandas to escape the heat.  They were drinking and chatting.  I could hear them and could hear what sounded like a radio playing.  In the dream, I couldn't understand why they weren't going to help my father, because he was very close to them.  I wasn't able to make myself heard in the dream, even though I'd been calling out to people to help him.  The effort of trying to alert people to my father's predicament formed a large part of the exhaustion I'd felt when I awoke.  The dream seemed to go on for hours with my father lying there in the ditch, screaming out for help with people all around

After I told my father the dream, he was quiet for several moments, then he said it was almost exactly what had landed him in hospital. He said it had been a very hot night, too hot to sleep, and he'd been watching tv with two fans on.  Eventually he'd decided to go to bed. But when he went to get out of his chair, he'd fallen.  He was elderly and had various health problems, and had been unable to right himself.  He tried repeatedly to get off the floor, but he'd become wedged in amongst furniture.  He'd been drinking Scotch which wouldn't have helped

The night drew on with him still trapped between furniture and unable to get to his feet. The cool breeze from the fans was blowing directly on him and became frigid, he said. The cold air went from being a relief to becoming very painful.  But he couldn't move to escape it. Then, his legs began to cramp badly.  He said it was agonizing.  He called out for help because he could hear people nearby, but no one came.  He said he began lapsing in and out of consciousness.  Finally, he must have lapsed into total unconsciousness.  Next he knew, he awakened in hospital

He was told that a friend had called around to see him the day following his fall, but although he knocked & called out several times, the friend received no answer.  Rather than leave, the friend decided to investigate.  He went inside and discovered my father lying unconscious on the floor.  The ambulance was called.  When he regained consciousness in hospital, my father said he was told he could easily have died if the friend hadn't decided to go inside to investigate

The parallels between my dream and the actual event are obvious.  It appeared I'd witnessed my father's suffering from a distance of over 800 kilometres

My father died not long after the event detailed above

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #45 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:38am

PZ547 wrote on Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:09am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:46pm:

It Is The Light may have asked the question before.  Some questions are worthy of repetition

In that vein, I'll post a dream which I've posted before

A few years ago I awoke exhausted from a dream.  We're told dreams last only a few seconds, but my dream seemed to have been going on for most of the night

Over breakfast I told my family about the dream.  It involved my father, with whom I wasn't particularly close.  It had dwindled to the point I now sent cards at birthdays, Christmas, etc.  And every now and then, he'd phone.  But we'd had little contact for a number of years apart from that.  Geographically, we were separated by hundreds of kilometres and I hadn't seen him physically for well over ten years

It took a few days for the dream to wear off.  Then, several days to a week later, my father phoned out of the blue.  Almost immediately, he informed me he'd returned home from hospital only hours earlier.  ' I nearly died', he said.  He'd been in hospital for a number of days apparently

He began telling me what ailed him and had put him in hospital.  Before he'd said much, I commented that it all sounded like a dream I'd had around a week earlier

'Go on', he said.  So I told him about the dream, in which I'd seen him lying in a sort of ditch or sunken impression in the ground and screaming in agony to the point I'd seen the veins in his neck standing out and sweat on his face.  It involved his legs and at varying points in the dream, he'd pulled one of his legs up toward his chest with both arms, screaming in pain

It was night in the dream, and hot. People were out on verandas to escape the heat.  They were drinking and chatting.  I could hear them and could hear what sounded like a radio playing.  In the dream, I couldn't understand why they weren't going to help my father, because he was very close to them.  I wasn't able to make myself heard in the dream, even though I'd been calling out to people to help him.  The effort of trying to alert people to my father's predicament formed a large part of the exhaustion I'd felt when I awoke.  The dream seemed to go on for hours with my father lying there in the ditch, screaming out for help with people all around

After I told my father the dream, he was quiet for several moments, then he said it was almost exactly what had landed him in hospital. He said it had been a very hot night, too hot to sleep, and he'd been watching tv with two fans on.  Eventually he'd decided to go to bed. But when he went to get out of his chair, he'd fallen.  He was elderly and had various health problems, and had been unable to right himself.  He tried repeatedly to get off the floor, but he'd become wedged in amongst furniture.  He'd been drinking Scotch which wouldn't have helped

The night drew on with him still trapped between furniture and unable to get to his feet. The cool breeze from the fans was blowing directly on him and became frigid, he said. The cold air went from being a relief to becoming very painful.  But he couldn't move to escape it. Then, his legs began to cramp badly.  He said it was agonizing.  He called out for help because he could hear people nearby, but no one came.  He said he began lapsing in and out of consciousness.  Finally, he must have lapsed into total unconsciousness.  Next he knew, he awakened in hospital

He was told that a friend had called around to see him the day following his fall, but although he knocked & called out several times, the friend received no answer.  Rather than leave, the friend decided to investigate.  He went inside and discovered my father lying unconscious on the floor.  The ambulance was called.  When he regained consciousness in hospital, my father said he was told he could easily have died if the friend hadn't decided to go inside to investigate

The parallels between my dream and the actual event are obvious.  It appeared I'd witnessed my father's suffering from a distance of over 800 kilometres

My father died not long after the event detailed above

many blessings beloved being

thank you so very much for sharing this profound experience so that all may open their awareness

unto the value and importance of dreams ..and so yes

dreams are a doorway a gateway through your non physical / spirit self ...

namaste

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:51am

'a doorway a gateway through your non physical / spirit self '...

Thank you, It_is_the_Light.  Yes.  And might help people to know that they all (almost) are non-physical, spiritual entities having a 'human' experience -- a brief experience from which they'll emerge --- just as we 'awaken' from our everyday dreams

so don't despair, do not fear   Smiley

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #47 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 11:15am

Wow man that sent a shiver down my spine, that movie was the only movie that scared me, I was only a teenager when I first saw it, so it was probably amplified a bit.

I have heard of people being exorcised even today but have not seen it.

I always go with the saying.....

If God is with you who can harm you....!!

If God is against you who can protect you....!!

Stay true to God........ Cool

As for the dreams, sometimes when you're awake and experience a deja vu and think hard about it, it must have been in a dream cause its hasn't happened becfore when awake.

I find that I can remember my dreams when I wake early in the morning say 5:00am then drift of back to sleep.

I hardly remember the dreams from my in depth sleep.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #48 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 11:37am

PZ547 wrote on Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:51am:
'a doorway a gateway through your non physical / spirit self '...

Thank you, It_is_the_Light.  Yes.  And might help people to know that they all (almost) are non-physical, spiritual entities having a 'human' experience -- a brief experience from which they'll emerge --- just as we 'awaken' from our everyday dreams

so don't despair, do not fear   Smiley

PZ547,

I collected this quote along the way......

"We had thought that we were human beings making a spiritual journey; it may be truer to say that we are spiritual beings making a human journey."
- Teilhard de Chardin

and this one.....

"It is my suspicion that the universe is not only stranger than we do imagine but it is stranger than we can imagine."
- J.B.S.Haldane - biochemist

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #49 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 11:42am

Ajax wrote on Sep 4th, 2016 at 11:15am:

Wow man that sent a shiver down my spine, that movie was the only movie that scared me, I was only a teenager when I first saw it, so it was probably amplified a bit.

I have heard of people being exorcised even today but have not seen it.

I always go with the saying.....

If God is with you who can harm you....!!

If God is against you who can protect you....!!

Stay true to God
........ Cool

Our God is good.

He is and will be, a judge.

Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
40  For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.
41  If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
42  I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.
43  Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #50 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 11:48am

Excalibur - In The Land Of Dreams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #51 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 4:08pm

Dreaming about something xenophobic the other night. Was dreaming about my town being over-run by fanatical terrorists who had no problem shooting at people who did not follow the book. I was half-vigilante, half-refugee from my own town. Spent the day either fighting off knife-wielding crazies, or fleeing those who had hand guns. Highlight of the dream was when I went to evade one guy by jumping over the railing and floating down to the ground. I was half relieved that it was not a hard landing. And half annoyed that the floating down part was too slow for my evasion from the pursuers that they could track my movement.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #52 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:05pm

http://thespiritscience.net/2016/09/14/4-explanations-of-deja-vu-that-explain-it...

4 EXPLANATIONS OF DEJA VU THAT EXPLAIN IT BETTER THAN SCIENCE

Maureen was sitting with her friends in a park. The weather is sunny, and the girls are relaxing after a busy day at school. Suddenly Maureen declares that a boy with a very funny haircut will appear. Her friends stared at her in amazement as that particular person walked by their bench. They asked Maureen how she had known he was coming. She couldn’t explain. She didn’t understand it herself.

Derrick was ecstatic, as any seven-year-old would be to see a medieval castle for the first time. His parents were shocked as he described every detail of each of the twelve rooms.  Before they entered them.(1)

Deja vu is a curious phenomenon that almost everyone experiences at some point in their lives. It only lasts a few seconds when an experience or dream feels eerily familiar. It comes from the French meaning ‘already seen.’

Who Gets Deja Vu?

About two-thirds of our population have this experience at least once in our lives. Studies found that gender makes no difference, yet age is significant. It seems the older a person is, the less likely he will have an episode of deja vu. In fact, the majority of these reports were issued from 15-and-25-year olds. It is also more common with those who watch movies or travel often. (6)

1. Mercury

Mercury is the messenger of the ancient Roman gods, and was also known as the Bringer of Dreams. He can assume any human form and enter the dreams of gods and man alike to relay messages, insights, and premonitions. Perhaps he delivers a hint of the future for the dreamer. When you experience his prediction, you cannot fully remember the vision of Mercury from your dream, and it is quickly dismissed. (2)

2. Reincarnation

This refers to the idea that deja vu is a glimpse of previous life. You are given a second chance to return a moment and relive it. It’s like the clock has turned back so you can choose better the second time. This theory clearly explains the case of Derrick who could have simply visited or even inhabited the medieval castle in a previous life. (3)

3. Time Space Continuum

Our existence runs on a track that is parallel to other dimensions beyond our awareness.

Time and space pass linearly in a straight line, alongside the lateral realms. Sometimes, under certain conditions, we can inadvertently slip into the parallel dimension or the Continuum.

This gives a slight out of body experience where you feel as if you recognize something you have never seen before. (4)

4. Big Bang

Deja vu’s mysterious sensation could be due to the multiple Big Bangs that occurred when the universe was created and recreated. Picture your computer screen when you refresh the Internet page. It ‘blinks,’ in a sense. Similarly, as the world is being recreated, it can affect random people at different times, thrusting them into a scene of the past, or a familiar sensation.(5)

What Do You Believe?

Deja vu is a reality that seemed to have leaped out of fantasy. Every speculation is intriguing, and there can be truth in every idea.There are so many undiscovered mysteries in this universe that one can only speculate about.

Ponder this: Are you sure you haven’t read this article before?

Sources:

(1) Deja Vu. Mysterious Tales. http://toa.edu.my/showcase/diploma/multimedia-design/assets/images/mm170/root/stories.html 2016

(2) Brilliant Dreams. Premonitions in Dreams and Déjà Vu http://www.brilliantdreams.com/product/deja-vu.htm

(3) Starperson. Deja Vu. http://www.truthcontrol.com/forum/deja-vu-1 Published: June 25, 2013

(4) In5D. Parallel Universes and Alternate Realities. http://in5d.com/parallel-universes-and-alternate-realities/ Published: February 28, 2015.

(5) Deja Vu. Deja Vu Myths. http://toa.edu.my/showcase/diploma/multimedia-design/assets/images/mm170/root/myths.html 2016

(6) Sandee LaMotte. No, you haven’t read this déjà vu story before. http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/health/deja-vu/ Updated: January 8, 2016

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #53 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:19pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 4th, 2016 at 4:08pm:
Dreaming about something xenophobic the other night. Was dreaming about my town being over-run by fanatical terrorists who had no problem shooting at people who did not follow the book. I was half-vigilante, half-refugee from my own town. Spent the day either fighting off knife-wielding crazies, or fleeing those who had hand guns. Highlight of the dream was when I went to evade one guy by jumping over the railing and floating down to the ground. I was half relieved that it was not a hard landing. And half annoyed that the floating down part was too slow for my evasion from the pursuers that they could track my movement.

Stop taking LSD.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #54 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:22pm

It was the most vivid dream I have had in a while. Have you not had those dreams where you are running, but not getting anywhere.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #55 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:25pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:22pm:
It was the most vivid dream I have had in a while. Have you not had those dreams where you are running, but not getting anywhere.

No but I had a dream today that my computer had a virus
& I couldn't fix it.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #56 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:26pm

I used to have them as a kid but when I could not run away I ended up flying. Breast stroke for slow flying, freestyle, for move my arse. I guess I must have faced the demons at some point, I haven't had one like that since I was about 12 or so.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #57 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:28pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:25pm:

& I couldn't fix it.

That's not a dream Bobby, that's a first world nightmare.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #58 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:36pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:28pm:

& I couldn't fix it.

It was a nightmare - the start button had changed to an icon
saying you've got a virus & a laughing face.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #59 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:39pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:36pm:

& I couldn't fix it.

That's horrific Bobby. I'm not sure how I would have coped but at least you are safe and here with us.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #60 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:43pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:39pm:

& I couldn't fix it.

That's horrific Bobby. I'm not sure how I would have coped but at least you are safe and here with us.

It was so horrific that I woke up.
Trust me to take a nap in the middle of the day.
I even rushed to my computer to turn it on in case the dream was real.
Luckily it was all ok.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #61 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:46pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:43pm:
Setanta wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:39pm:

& I couldn't fix it.

It was so horrific that I woke up.
Trust me to take a nap in the middle of the day.
I even rushed to my computer to turn it on in case the dream was real.
Luckily it was all ok.

You're a soldier Bobby.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #62 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:49pm

I have and there was usually something/someone chasing me- kinda freaky.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 5:39am

Agnes wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:49pm:

Used to have those dreams quite a lot, then read it's because our physical bodies get tangled with our astral, something like that

For me, it's similar to being stuck in molasses or mud and trying to run.  Very tiring.  Haven't had one for a while

Daughter and I used to frequently dream about saving animals.  Wasn't unusual during that phase for one or the other of us to take one look at the other in the morning and say, 'Did you have another animal dream?'

All sorts of animals although usually domestic-pet type animals, often animals we'd never met in real life.  Usually it involved the 'stuck in molasses' type sensation of not being able to move swiftly enough

Running through back-yards or over paddocks, strange places we'd never been in real life, balancing on fences with animals in our arms, etc., -- always a frantic effort trying to escape whatever was trying to get at the poor animal in question

If we woke up through sheer fear or upset, or wrestling in our sleep, we'd try to return to the dream to make it end happily. Daughter is much better at that than I. She's naturally a lucid dreamer apparently, whereas I'm half awake but consciously trying to script the happy ending

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 7:12am

It's interesting how some dreams form memories in the same way as events that occur to us in real life.  I can remember some dreams I had as a young child. And out of the thousands of dreams which most of us have over the course of our lifetime, some form memories whereas others vanish almost immediately

Then there are what are called 'fugue states'.  I wasn't sure I was using the correct term so had to look it up.  Found this:

Quote:
Fugue state: An altered state of consciousness in which a person may move about purposely and even speak, but is not fully aware. A fugue state is usually a type of complex partial seizure

Maybe 'fugue state' isn't what I mean after all, but if not, I don't know the correct term for what happened

I was aged four to five. It was around dark and I was sitting in a chair near the fire, watching the flames reflecting off the brass (or copper, don't really know) ornamental plates on the wall.  I was waiting to be called to dinner.  Next I knew, I saw a harbor scene. I was 'in' the scene. It was night-time, but there were lights about. There was a stone harbor wall, men everywhere, all busy.  Several ships were moored. They were galley type ships, so it must have been a scene from the ancient past. I saw 'myself'. I was on one of the ships and was a young male, around 20 or so I suppose now, and wearing some brief girdle garment, bare chested, light curly hair, tanned skin

A hill rose up steeply behind the harbor and houses rose all up the hill.  I looked for my parents' home. Finally I found it, towards the top. Light shone from behind arches which ran across the front -- I suppose now the light was from candles or torches.  Several of the houses nearby also had arches running across the front and some of those had lights also

I was incredibly happy to see my parents' home and couldn't wait to go to them. I knew they'd have a feast prepared with lots of family friends there to greet me. Can't describe how happy 'I' was to be home

That's all I remember. I suppose I was called to dinner and hopped from the chair in real life.  It's just like a memory of something I experienced from real life and it's stayed with me all the years since

Some years ago I saw a photo of Naples. Until that point I hadn't known Naples has a hill running up from the harbor.  I almost lost my breath for a second when I saw the houses rising up the hill in tiers, because many of them had arches across the front, same as I saw in the 'fugue state' all those years ago

In another fugue type state when I was around twenty years old, I looked up and saw over a dozen faces, maybe two dozen, didn't count them.  They were of all ages and complexion. All but a couple were caucasion basically, although there were a couple that were much darker and one, maybe two, wore a turban

Apart from those in turbans, the rest were ragged. Many would be considered 'dirty' today.  Most lacked teeth, or those they did have were poor. Their clothes were rags in many cases.  Heavy wrinkles, scars -- rough looking.  But they were smiling or grinning, as if they were pleased to see me, or to have me 'seeing' them. They looked as if they lived hard lives. There were men and women

Next I knew, I 'saw' a U-shaped conveyor-belt basically.  The faces, possibly more than before, were on the conveyor-belt which ran from right to left.  The conveyor-belt was in perfect perspective.  It's amazing.  A professional artist couldn't render it more perfect. At the far extent of the 'U' (to the right) the faces were small.  They grew larger as they moved to the maximum curve of the 'U' which was positioned right in front of me.  Then, as they receded to the left, they grew progressively smaller again

At the maximum curve of the 'U', each face was quite large. The conveyor-belt paused for several seconds in order I could view each face.  Then that face was replaced by the one behind it and I looked at the new one, while the one I'd looked at previously moved slowly back up the arms of the 'U', going to the left

As each face came to the brief pause in front of me, it looked straight ahead and was at maximum size.  It was as if each face was 'alive'. They certainly didn't look dead.  They looked straight ahead. I had no option other than to look at them. Their expression was neutral. It was as if they wished to be seen warts and all. No artifice, no smile, no self-consciousness, just 'here I am, this is me'

Can't remember how many faces I looked at.  Then it all went away and all I saw were motes of dust floating in some rays of sunshine within the room

I hadn't been doing anything unusual before the above took place. I'd been reading a letter just received from a friend and when I looked up I saw the first tableau of the massed, ragged faces initially described above, followed by the conveyor-belt experience. So, nothing to explain why it occurred or what it signified

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #65 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:29pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 5:39am:
Agnes wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:49pm:

Used to have those dreams quite a lot, then read it's because our physical bodies get tangled with our astral, something like that

For me, it's similar to being stuck in molasses or mud and trying to run.  Very tiring.  Haven't had one for a while

Daughter and I used to frequently dream about saving animals.  Wasn't unusual during that phase for one or the other of us to take one look at the other in the morning and say, 'Did you have another animal dream?'

All sorts of animals although usually domestic-pet type animals, often animals we'd never met in real life.  Usually it involved the 'stuck in molasses' type sensation of not being able to move swiftly enough

Running through back-yards or over paddocks, strange places we'd never been in real life, balancing on fences with animals in our arms, etc., -- always a frantic effort trying to escape whatever was trying to get at the poor animal in question

If we woke up through sheer fear or upset, or wrestling in our sleep, we'd try to return to the dream to make it end happily. Daughter is much better at that than I. She's naturally a lucid dreamer apparently, whereas I'm half awake but consciously trying to script the happy ending

many blessings PZ547

wow!

amazing .. thanks for sharing

namaste

- : ) =

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #66 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:03pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print